Error Message: TCD's Spring Break 2012 Trip Report!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the trip report that almost didn't happen. The TCD gang finally hit the Fort for a stay from March 24th through the 27th. Everything was going great until the morning of the 27th when TCD Twin

Since I have some momentum going here, and a bit of time, you are going to get another update. Right now. How's that for everyone? On other boards, you have to wait for days for an update. But not her

You must have rushed if you were only at Tea for three hours. We spent 7 hours, not to shabby one hour hour per lady fiend!!

Thanks for the TR start, we don't see much of you over the weekends.

So glad that you got your pictures back!

You're a cool Dad, I'm sure none of the kids were worried about being seen hanging out with you.

(Especially after you passed out money :)) )

Thanks, Stef.

Yes, it is rare to see me on-line on a weekend.

But, duty calls.

Checking in for a rare Saturday TR. Sorry about your Gators, I was really pulling for the Bulls early on but it was not to be.

Thanks, Scot.

USF had a great season. I would have liked to see them go further too.

Ah...just the way to wrap up a busy Saturday...a cold Dew, some pizza, and the beginnings of another beautiful TCD trip report.

Amen.

Except I would have a cold beer with my pizza.

TCD, great tO hear you recovered the photos!

Enjoying the report!

Thanks.

And thanks for your suggestions on how to recover the photos.

Now I am an expert on the subject.

Sitting here pondering dinner and now I really want a GAG!!

Great you were able to recover your pics.

Me too!

Luckily I still have two pieces of chicken and some cowboy beans in the fridge!

Woo hoo.

I too would have gone with the GAG by myself. Easy decision.

Btw, my wife is trying to make hoity toity tea ressies for our trip in June.

What the fort?

It is for our 10 year anniversary so I might oblige.

Buti will get a GAG the next night!

OK. if it is for your 10 year anniversary you can go and still keep your man card.

But you had better complain about it the whole time.

I am pro GAG, but I would have hoofed it over to WL for a grilled chicken salad and some lobby time.

BTW, I say we all chip in $1 for that picture program. :whew:

I did get my WL lobby time in later.

Thanks for the offer to chip in on the program, but that isn't necessary. I am glad it was available. Something tells me that I will be using it again.

What the fort, indeed!

We spent our 10 yr at the Fort too. Honeymoon was at WL....good times.

Hmmm.

Mrs. TCD and I celebrate our 25th this year.

I don't think it will be at the Fort.

I did tea in dec with my mom it was wonderful it is relaxing and fun but takes a while so make sure u pick a day where u have like 3 hrs to spare

Three hours?

For tea?

I'd shoot myself before I would do that.

TCD

So, you went to the Fort last year and watched the Gators play B-ball, and they lost. And the same thing happened this year? Maybe you better not watch next year.

I'm just sayin'.

But don't stop going to the Fort, because TCD TR's are the best!!

I did tea in dec with my mom it was wonderful it is relaxing and fun but takes a while so make sure u pick a day where u have like 3 hrs to spare

You must have rushed if you were only at Tea for three hours. We spent 7 hours, not to shabby one hour hour per lady fiend!! :))

So, you went to the Fort last year and watched the Gators play B-ball, and they lost. And the same thing happened this year? Maybe you better not watch next year.

I'm just sayin'.

But don't stop going to the Fort, because TCD TR's are the best!!

I know.

It's all my fault.

In the unlikely event that they make it that far next year, I promise that I will not watch!

TCD

Here comes another update.

That's three on a Saturday.

That probably won't ever happen again.

So enjoy.

We pick up our story early Sunday morning.

It's the first morning of this trip.

There was some talk of doing a rope drop the day before.

But we didn't get to bed until 2, and the twins wanted to sleep.

Fine with me.

You know where I went first.

Here:

Image2619.jpg

I stood where Walt and Roy stood.

And I admired the beauty of Bay Lake.

Awesome!

Then I headed down to Trail's End for coffee.

This soccer mom drove her golf cart right up the road in front of Pioneer Hall and parked it there:

Image2620.jpg

It's not her fault that somebody had removed a couple of the poles that normally block access to this road.

After I got my coffee, I headed back to the canal by the 300 loop. It had been too dark to take a photo of something that I wanted to capture when I had stopped there earlier.

When I got to the canal, I found that I was not alone:

Image2623.jpg

Image2625.jpg

Image2661.jpg

Image2663.jpg

Image2665.jpg

The pump that they bring out when they want to pump water from the canals into the lake was here:

Image2668.jpg

But, this is what I wanted to get a photo of:

Image2672.jpg

Do you see it?

How about now? :

crane.jpg

There is a big crane back there!

And I know what it is from.

And I do not like this one bit.

That crane is from the new Four Seasons hotel that is being built over by the old Eagle Pines Golf Course.

We will need to go take a closer look.

So, I headed that way.

Along the way I took a couple more photos for the TCD Sunrise Over . . . series.

Here they are-

Sunrise over the 300 Loop Playground:

Image2673.jpg

Image2674.jpg

Now we are on the 1500 loop.

There are tents everywhere.

Like along the walkway by the tetherball court:

Image2675.jpg

This tent sat between two campsites- about 15' from either one:

Image2676.jpg

That tent went with this site, which already has three other tents crammed on it:

Image2677.jpg

At least these folks left their beer out for everyone to enjoy:

Image2678.jpg

Here are the three tents that went with that fourth one we just looked at:

Image2679.jpg

I don't understand why this is allowed.

All of last year, they had Rangers harassing us paying customers if our vehicle's tires were off the parking pad by even a little bit.

But they let people cram tents in wherever?

It looks like crap.

And it causes the loops to be overcrowded.

I don't like this.

But I do like this . . .

This is my across the loop neighbor fishing with his kids along the canal behind the 1500 loop:

Image2680.jpg

We are back here because we are going for a walk.

To check on that crane.

And here we go.

Here we are looking back toward the 1500 loop. That site with the little tent was across from ours. Two guys were in that tent. They seemed like they were having a great time:

Image2682.jpg

Here's another tent way off of the tent pad:

Image2683.jpg

But for now we will head down the canal.

In the next post.

Because I need room for more photos.

TCD

Since I am such a noob I have to ask the dumb questions so here goes... Do you do all this sight seeing on foot or use other modes of transport? I'd like to sight see myself but can't afford a golf cart but might swing renting a bike for a few hours

Ridiculous answer #1. You gotta get a golf cart. Well actually you don't "gotta" get a cart, but that's how I roll.

TCD reports typically bring me great amounts of joy. However, the picture of "where the Christmas tree normally stands" made me sad.

Then again, if they left it up all year I guess it wouldn't be as special.

Maybe the yearly arrival of "the tree" significantly adds to the excitement of the season.

OK, I feel better now.

TCD TR happiness meter restored to high level.

PS. Glad you didn't lose any memories on the camera failure.

Whew! Glad I managed to jump on board before the pages really started to move...

Great morning shots. :) I loved strolling along the canal behind 1500/1600 loops with a mug of warm coffee in hand....watching the deer feed in the morning...ahhhhhh! I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.

The tent scene is a bit ridiculous. What is the limit on tents per site?

Great morning shots. :) I loved strolling along the canal behind 1500/1600 loops with a mug of warm coffee in hand....watching the deer feed in the morning...ahhhhhh!

I agree Deb! The next best thing is waking up on a Sunday morning to another TCD update with coffee in hand. :heart:

Cranes = BOO!!

I can't believe I spend my Saturday doing...well, Saturday things, and missed the beginning of a TCD report!!

Am looking forward to reading this one as my nieces were at WDW that same weekend as you (not at the Fort, though). They said it was supercrowded, they hardly did any rides, but they are newbies and didn't follow any of the advice I had given them. Grrr.

p.s. Can anyone tell me why under my post count it says '0 warning points?' I don't see that on anyone else's. Or can only I see that? Thx.