This life is just a test .... Now pass me a beer.

Wow Leslie, your family has had a rough go of it lately. They always seem to come in threes, so I'm praying that it's over for you now and things improve. :hugs2:

Loved the update! Kali Rapid pictures were great, especially the one of Elise.

I do not think you "need a life" Those priceless pictures are what will help you get through the tough times you've had. Who couldn't help but smile when you see your family having so much fun?

Hang in there!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even though we went back to WDW in May 2011, I’ve really been planning this trip since our last trip to the Fort in March 2010. That report is back over on voldemort, but in a nutshell it was my dad

Here’s a video bonus – this was taken around dinnertime Sunday while Ray and I were at dinner. This is the kind of fun that I love about going to WDW. I call it the “Cousin Song”: http://youtu.be/Hl

Maybe I should read this TR.

If anything I say take more pictures! They are some of the best memory joggers that we have specially when our memories start to fail us... Plus looking at the pictures always wants me want to keep going back so I say bring on the pictures..!

With that said I'm loving your trip report and best wishes for you family on a smooth bounce back from all the doings around you :)

Thanks, everyone, for your comments, thoughts and prayers! We had Buddy's dad's funeral today and it was wonderful. He was an amazing person, and my family is so blessed to have become a part of his when my dad married Buddy over 25 years ago! I just talked to Buddy and she sounded good, I saw my cousin earlier today (the one who buried her mom on the same day she was robbed at gunpoint) and she looked great, and my family seems to be getting better rested and better put together finally.

So, thanks again for your patience and support! I'm finally back in the TR mode without so many difficulties and am hoping to wrap this up this weekend!

Love the TR, what a great time seemed to be had by all. I love their sense of humor. I met Buddy very quickly when I dropped off your sign, wish I would have gotten to spend some time with her and your Dad (and u also) they seem like such a great couple. Please tell her I am sorry for her loss. I am so sorry for the week you had, it's rough for your Cousin. I had a similar one my Husband's x-siste-in-law passed away Last Friday at 60 and same day my uncle passed away who was 95, so we did 2 funerals this week as well. It isn't easy no matter how old or young. My Uncle's funeral was also beautiful, it was a Military service and the cemetary was just beautiful. Well I hope next week is better for you and looking forward to more updates.

Lorna - so sorry to hear that you have had such a rough week too! Glad though that your uncle's service was so nice. I will pass your sweet words along to Buddy - she'll definitely love hearing from you.

I hope next week is a better one for you!

Once back at FW, the littler kids and a bunch of adults hit the Meadow pool for swimming, playing and napping (depending on how old your kids were). Meanwhile, Jodi, Brad and even Evan (who was clearly enjoying being one of the “big kids”) stayed behind in the trailer to nap, followed by fun times on the basketball court.

Here’s me happily driving my Kenny cart:

disney-Les461.jpg

disney-Les468.jpg

disney-Les471.jpg

Here was my view from the second row of pool chairs:

disney-Les481.jpg

Elise:

disney-Les482.jpg

Ray and I cleaned up and went to dinner at California Grill. We had had reservations at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge, but Ray decided it was too “pansy” and wanted to be able to eat lighter than big chunks of meat. (I know that sounds like a contradiction, but it made sense at the time.)

Tiger drove us in the golf cart to the marina, but on way I had to take a detour. I was certain that I saw Donnie in a cart pulling into a loop, so I made Tiger turn around and stalk some poor unsuspecting soul, who obviously wasn’t Donnie. My one regret from this trip is that I didn’t meet any Fiends this time. I apparently just missed Lou this evening, when he spiked me and left a personalized card. I really hated missing him at Buddy and Paw Paw’s trailer, but I so happy to get spiked and card. Thanks to both TCD and Lou!

We made it to CR and had a great time at CG. We each had an appetizer and a flatbread, which was the perfect amount of food. Plus, we wound up in “wine room” at CG for the first time and absolutely loved it. It was so much quieter and we had a beautiful view of Bay Lake. I had a really good time with Ray at CG that night. After being with so many people for this whole trip, we both felt like we synced back up with each other. Gotta love CG!

disney-Les491.jpg

disney-Les492.jpg

disney-Les493.jpg

While we were at dinner, Danielle took a solo trip to the MK to go see a friend of hers from summer camp who was in the college program. I obviously trained her well as she stopped for a couple of photopass pics on the way in:

Photo0072FourBySix.jpg

Photo0074FourBySix.jpg

We got to wave at Danielle from the observation deck at the CR, and then when she was on her way back, we waited for her at Crockett’s Tavern. The wine at CT really stinks, but it’s still a fun place to hang. What we didn’t realize is that Danielle rode her bike to the marina and then intended to race us back to Buddy and Paw Paw’s site. A great golf cart vs. bike race ensued. I have no pictures or video, but it culminated in brakes squealing right in front of their site as Ray and I won (but just barely). :raspberry2:

Meanwhile, everyone else was enjoying just being at the fort. There were bubbles, tether ball games, bunnies and sunsets.

Picture196.jpg

Picture205.jpg

Picture206.jpg

Picture200.jpg

Picture198.jpg

Picture199.jpg

Picture201.jpg

Others had gone to the campfire while we were gone and also had a great time. Finally, back at the cabin, Ray and I hung out with Marie, Daniel and Jodi before hitting the sack.

The only sad thing about this night is that Tiger is leaving first thing tomorrow. He was such a last minute realization that he could come, but it was so great having him there.

Next up: Tears before breakfast, then off to see Pooh!

Finally reading and catching up on this great trip report. Love the big family trip! Thanks for sharing your trip and family with us.

As I often tell INC, if our kids are annoying or angering us, it's not their fault. It just means we aren't drinking enough.

Dave, your single line of advice here could have saved me a lot of therapy fees....Now you tell me.

Hey guys - as always, thanks again for reading and your sweet comments, especially about our week this past week. Happily, things have continued to improve, especially as compared to the last couple of weeks. Tonight, Danielle has been at a ball and I've been waiting up for her. Her curfew is 12:30 and it's 12:23 right now. Let's all cross our fingers that she makes it back in the next 7 minutes.

Anyway, while I've been waiting for her, I've been working feverishly on what's left of this trip report. As always, it will have lots of pictures and more issues with a tooth. I'll let y'all speculate about that one.

In the meantime, here's a picture of Danielle right before she was picked up by her date tonight:

DSCN0449.jpg

More tomorrow! I have to go to bed as soon as this kid makes (please, let her make) curfew!

And I thought 13 people was a lot for a vacation......we have had that many a few times at the Fort and in Dollywood. Yet, we always have a great time and usually my grandkids are much better behaved while on vacation. lol

I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report. Am so glad you all had a great time.

She made it! Actually, it was 12:31, but I heard her running into the house from the driveway,and since she doesn't drive yet and therefore didn't have 100% control over her arrival, I have her a pass on that one minute.

We are now at the tail end of a big weekend, with the ball and theater performances, but it was a wonderful, positive one after last week. I cried at church this morning, especially when they prayed for my aunt and Buddy's dad, but it was more of a refreshing, start over kind of cry. I'm now able to look forward to this week and getting back into the usual routine.

So, thanks again for everyone's thoughts and prayers. They are appreciated more than you'd ever know.

Next update now!

Wednesday, May 21

I was so sad when I woke up and remembered that it was my last full day. :'( We had reservations at CP for 8:10 (yes, it was that kind of Pooh, not the Stall 2 kind!), so we all met at Buddy and Paw Paw’s camper at 7:00. Even worse than it being the last full day for several of us was that it was the day Tiger was leaving us. He had pretty much been living out of my car while staying in the camper and he had gotten it far more organized since I saw it the night before. After I helped him put Evan and Elise’s bikes in, it was time for us all to say bye to Tiger. There were many, many tears, most of them Elise’s but some of them Tiger’s. Evan was tough, though I could tell he was sorry to see his dad go.

disney-Les495.jpg

disney-Les496.jpg

After the goodbyes were over and Tiger pulled out, we all headed down to the marina. We put most of the kids on bikes, let Daniel and Marie ride the tandem and then the rest of us smooshed onto the golf cart. Having a cart that big was truly a Godsend this trip.

disney-Les497.jpg

disney-Les499.jpg

disney-Les500.jpg

We all made it to the marina and were happy when we saw the MK boat right there. It even appeared to have come back to dock to pick us up! But, as it turns out, it was being used for practice runs for captains in training for docking. So, instead we jumped on the resort boat and headed to the CR and then jumped on the monorail.

I was glad to see some dimples from Elise instead of tears on the boat over. I of course texted this to Tiger so he would know that she was doing better.

disney-Les501.jpg

disney-Les5012.jpg

disney-Les509.jpg

disney-Les513.jpg

disney-Les517.jpg

disney-Les519.jpg

disney-Les5191.jpg

disney-Les521.jpg

disney-Les520.jpg

disney-Les522.jpg

We finally made it to the MK and through bag check, checked in with the CM for getting into the park early and then we were in! I’ve always loved getting into the MK before the masses come:

Picture219.jpg

Photo0077FourBySix.jpg

Photo0082FourBySix.jpg

Photo0087FourBySix.jpg

Photo0089FourBySix.jpg

When we arrived at the CP, we checked in and got our buzzer, and then I noticed Evan holding a tooth in his hand. Finally! The tooth that offended me over and over to the point of taking pictures of it being wiggled was gone. Ray took him to the bathroom to clean up while I got baggie from the CMs at the door to put the tooth in They even gave us confetti to go along with the tooth. :jumpforjoy

Before too long, we were seated. We wound up with 4 tables of 4 so everyone could get out and go to the buffet. Once we made our drink orders and settled in, we all went for food and played with the characters. I always love character breakfasts. We usually do CM, sometimes CRT and one time we did Tusker House. Each timeit has been fun and well worth the money and effort. Ray commented that the food here was better than the other breakfasts we had been to.

disney-Les529.jpg

disney-Les530.jpg

Picture228.jpg

Picture229.jpg

disney-Les538.jpg

Picture234.jpg

disney-Les547.jpg

Around this point in the meal, I looked at what all Evan had gotten from the buffet. This is what I saw. :o

Picture232.jpg

Thankfully, he didn’t eat all of it, but he ate more than I ever thought he would. Also thankfully, he didn’t do this after eating most of that: :barf:

More soon!

Holy Snickees!!! 17 people!~!!! You could have fielded your own Softball game. It's awesome that you managed to get all the pics and keep the stories straight. Genius!!!

It's pretty obvious that the "dimple" gene is very strong in your family. The only thing more prominent is the "smile" gene. That's a whole lot of happy faces.

Nice Job!