This life is just a test .... Now pass me a beer.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even though we went back to WDW in May 2011, I’ve really been planning this trip since our last trip to the Fort in March 2010. That report is back over on voldemort, but in a nutshell it was my dad

Here’s a video bonus – this was taken around dinnertime Sunday while Ray and I were at dinner. This is the kind of fun that I love about going to WDW. I call it the “Cousin Song”: http://youtu.be/Hl

Maybe I should read this TR.

Thursday thru Friday, March 22-23:

The organized portion of this TR is now over. Once I leave WDW, the only one who cares enough to take good notes and too many pictures is gone. But, I’ll do the best I can with the last couple of days, as they did get some fun pictures.

On Thursday morning, Daniel drove us to the front, where we were met by our trusty driver from Sunray (love those guys), and then we were off. Back to the real world. I was sitting at my desk by 10:00. What kind of complete suckage is that?

Here’s the three that returned with us that day, trying to look happy to be on the airport monorail instead of the real thing:

disney-Les645.jpg

Meanwhile, though, those that were still there were gearing up for another fun day. From the pictures, it is evident that they went to HS. I think they were there for a good long while this day. You’ll just have to add your own commentary for the pics since I wasn’t there.

Photo0117FourBySix.jpg

Photo0119FourBySix.jpg

Photo0122FourBySix.jpg

Picture268.jpg

Picture270.jpg

Picture273.jpg

Picture276.jpg

Picture280.jpg

Picture285.jpg

Picture291.jpg

Picture296.jpg

Finally, Friday arrived and everyone that was left that had been staying at FW pulled out. The only hangers on were Michael and his family, who obviously hit the MK for one last hurrah:

Photo0125FourBySix.jpg

Photo0129FourBySix.jpg

Love this:

Photo0131FourBySix.jpg

So, that was it! 17 people, 6 days, 4 parks over and over again, and one great resort that was perfect for this family trip!

Last installment next!

What an awesome trip! I was worried about everything coming together. So many people, so many schedules, so many issues, but it all was so wonderful. I don’t know about y’all, but I grew up with no cousins at all. My dad was an only child and my mom’s only sibling is 11 years younger than she is, so Tiger and I actually had no cousins while we were young. I am so thrilled for my girls to have so many cousins, aunts, uncles, and so much love! And then, for them to get to enjoy all those blessings in such a wonderful place as WDW is just amazing.

Here’s a few random thoughts for your consideration, to whatever extent you care to consider them:

• FW had free WiFi at the cabins on this trip, which was also accessible at least from site 1120. It was enjoyed by all who had any desire to stay in touch with the interworld while we were there.

• One GAG plus 3 pizzas from TE is a great way to feed 17 people with no trouble at all.
  • 17 people is a big group to move through the parks. It’s like trying to push a jelly fish a couple of miles – you can get most of it moving forward but some parts start rolling the wrong way no matter how hard you try to avoid it. But, you can eventually get it where you’re going.
  • FP changes of not being able to use them after the window – this was not as bad as I feared. It takes more planning, but it’s definitely still workable, especially if the group is willing to do a lot of walking.
  • More than anything, my overwhelming thoughts are what a wonderful trip this was. It is the first and likely the last time that my whole family on that side – Buddy and Paw Paw, all 4 of their collective children, all the spouses of those children and all 8 of the grandchildren – will all be together in WDW together. We are blessed to all live close together and pretty regularly get together at home, but for us all to travel together like that is really remarkable. Add in the difficulties that struck our family shortly after our return and it becomes even more amazing that we made it through this trip with no real issues at all. I am so grateful and blessed to have each and every one of this group in my family and to have gotten to spend so much fun time with them in such a wonderful place. I just can’t express how I felt about that.

Finally, a few words from Tiger’s Facebook as he was leaving Wednesday morning. I think this about sums it all up:

“Leaving Disney having had a perfect (impromptu) trip thanks to Les, Paw Paw and Buddy. Elise, who flies home with Evan tomorrow, started crying hard when we hugged goodbye, which of course made me cry. But I got in the car and Duran Duran's "Hungry Like The Wolf" started, and I was I was all bad-ass again. If you thought the point of this was to sound like a good father, you're wrong. The point is to remind each of us that "Hungry Like The Wolf" overcomes. I wish everyone their own Duran Duran moment this Spring Break.”

Thanks for reading, y’all!

I loved reading about your trip. I think one of the reasons I loved it so much was that it reminded me of my second trip to Disney World. It was my grandparents, my dad, my sister, my brother and me, 2 aunts, 2 uncles and 5 cousins. We stayed in the cabins. I can still to this day remember going to the parks with my cousins and enjoying the activities at the fort.

What a great trip report! I'm sorry it's over. I particularly love the before and after photos! I have several of my sister and I over the years and intend to get some of my kids on our upcoming trip.

:yay: I've enjoyed being along for the ride!