This life is just a test .... Now pass me a beer.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even though we went back to WDW in May 2011, I’ve really been planning this trip since our last trip to the Fort in March 2010. That report is back over on voldemort, but in a nutshell it was my dad

Here’s a video bonus – this was taken around dinnertime Sunday while Ray and I were at dinner. This is the kind of fun that I love about going to WDW. I call it the “Cousin Song”: http://youtu.be/Hl

Maybe I should read this TR.

Apparently there were no fun police at the cabin pool. Last time I was at the meadows pool the fun police (aka 20 year old lifeguard) was there making sure that no fun was had (i.e. throwing of children). I'll have to make a note to go to the cabin pool next time!

I like throwing children...sometimes even my own.

Just in case Dave is reading along, here is the All American Picnic Burger that both Ray and Daniel ordered (but thankfully didn’t eat all of):

disney-Les160.jpg

Honestly, the sight of it kind of sicked me out, but they seemed to like it.

Of course I'm reading along! And I think I agree with you....that looks just a little bit gross. :wacko:

Thanks for reading and commenting, everyone! CKCK, we obviously had no problem throwing kids around the cabin pool. No lifeguards, no problem! And yes, Dave, my dad absolutely loves his outdoor kitchen. I think that was the definite selling point for him!

I forgot I might have new readers that wouldn't know what sausage things are. They're the easiest things to make for a group or a trip or for whatever family event you may have. 3 ingredients - 4 rolls of pillsbury crescent rolls, 1 pound of sausage and 1 rectangle thing of cream cheese. Cook the sausage, mix with the cream cheese, roll up into the crescent roll triangles and bake at 375 for about 13 minutes or till brown. Easy and they disappear quickly. I make them every trip, so it's become a constant in my reports.

Next installment up in a minute. Thanks for reading!

(PS - yes, my girls may not be the rappers they think they are, but their cousins don't know any better!)

(PPS - Sorry about all the confusing characters in this story! But don't forget about the quiz at the end!)

Monday, March 19

I woke up this morning early again, but thankfully not as early as yesterday. We all had a breakfast of sausage things (of course!) and other easy to grab items, then headed off to the Outpost to make our way to Epcot.

Before we went, Ray of course showered and got dressed. His plan for this trip was to get ready each day at the comfort station in the 1100 loop. Good plan, but apparently it is better to put everything together the night before. He managed to get there this morning with no shampoo, no soap and no razor. He borrowed some things from Daniel, but figured out once he was out of the shower that he even forgot a towel. So, here he is after returning to the cabin, clean but still wet from the experience, after using his t-shirt to dry off:

disney-Les243.jpg

Breakfast, and some more bus stop fun:

disney-Les244.jpg

disney-Les245.jpg

Stephen and John:

disney-Les248.jpg

disney-Les249.jpg

We had several fun bus drivers this trip, though sadly I never got to meet everyone’s favorite. :-[ Anyway, this guy started doing tricks with the kids and wound up turning all the boys into pirates.

disney-Les256.jpg

disney-Les259.jpg

disney-Les261.jpg

disney-Les267.jpg

We made it to Epcot around 8:20 – perfect timing. We were pretty much at the front of the line, though not absolute first like yesterday.

Here’s Danielle and Ray doing the “Vacation” slow motion run toward Wally World (hum the theme song from “Chariots of Fire” for best effect):

disney-Les273.jpg

disney-Les274.jpg

And here’s our whole group waiting to get in:

disney-Les276.jpg

They opened the gates with no fanfare at all at 8:45 and I booked it to Soarin’ for FPs for everyone. Ray was now in charge of this extra big group of 16 people and moving them all to TT. So, Ray declared there would be a “Leader” and a “Beater” for the group. Danielle was leader and Brad brought up the rear, being the beater (charged with beating anyone who fell behind). They both did a great job and they all made it to TT pretty quickly. (You may remember that last group trip we made to Epcot, instead of heading to TT, the group went off and drank cokes at the coke place, wasting soooo much time. Happily that didn’t happen this time!).

Picture123.jpg

Picture125.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Aren't Buddy and Paw Paw cute? They've been married for almost 28 years!

Picture127.jpg

Picture129.jpg

Picture130.jpg

Since I was still returning from Soarin’, everyone jumped on TT to ride, except sweet Ray who waited on me to arrive. We were just barely behind everyone else.

Next, all the brave ones hit M:S while some of the others went on TT again. Elise took her role very seriously.

disney-Les282.jpg

disney-Les283.jpg

disney-Les284.jpg

disney-Les285.jpg

Picture131.jpg

Picture132.jpg

(Don’t ever take a kid to WDW with a loose tooth, especially if the thought of constant germs in his mouth sicks you out.)

We rode Soarin’, Nemo and another round of TT before it was time to figure out what to do about lunch.

We apparently rode TT over and over this day, at least that’s what the photopass pics would indicate. Things appear to have gone downhill gotten more exciting as we went along:

Photo0032FourBySix.jpg

Photo0033FourBySix.jpg

Photo0034FourBySix.jpg

Photo0036FourBySix.jpg

Photo0040FourBySix.jpg

Some random shots:

disney-Les287.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Picture136.jpg

disney-Les291.jpg

disney-Les292.jpg

disney-Les293.jpg

disney-Les294.jpg

Again, with the tooth:

disney-Les295.jpg

Buddy and Paw Paw:

Photo0039FourBySix.jpg

Finally, everyone was ready for lunch. Everyone but Ray, Tiger and I headed back to FW for lunch and playing, the three of us stayed. Ray had been wanting fish and chips from the England counter service place since we had them in 2005. Since then, kids, schedules, etc. kept us from getting them, so that’s where we went. It was very good!

My two favorite guys in the whole world:

disney-Les298.jpg

After lunch, I headed back to the Fort and left Ray and Tiger to start drinking their way around the world. More on that later. :beer:

Meanwhile, there were a few naps happening on the way back from Epcot.

Picture137.jpg

Picture138.jpg

Picture139.jpg

Once back at FW, I found everyone enjoying themselves.

disney-Les299.jpg

disney-Les301.jpg

disney-Les302.jpg

disney-Les303.jpg

disney-Les305.jpg

Up next: a trip to DTD, lots of candy, and more loose tooth action. :o