This life is just a test .... Now pass me a beer.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even though we went back to WDW in May 2011, I’ve really been planning this trip since our last trip to the Fort in March 2010. That report is back over on voldemort, but in a nutshell it was my dad

Here’s a video bonus – this was taken around dinnertime Sunday while Ray and I were at dinner. This is the kind of fun that I love about going to WDW. I call it the “Cousin Song”: http://youtu.be/Hl

Maybe I should read this TR.

Woo hoo.

Btw, I have given up trying to keep track of who is who...just enjoying the pics and words.

Me too.

I thought I had everyone straight, and then I see a photo that seems to have some new kids in it.

I think maybe y'all came back from the parks with an extra kid or two from time to time.

I think I recognize Brad from a previous TR.

But, I don't see the cousin that was on the last Lklasing trip.

And where are the Rhino faces?

There should have been some Rhino faces by now!

TCD

And where are the Rhino faces?

There should have been some Rhino faces by now!

TCD

That's it!! Rhino faces! :jumpforjoy I thought I remembered her girls making some kind of faces.

Please don't tell me they are too cool for that now.

Rhino faces! Sadly, I only saw a rhino a time or two this whole trip! So sad when they move on from one incredibly annoying habit and then on to another. ::)

TCD, you're right about the missing cousin. She is on Ray's side of the family, so she wasn't with us this time, though we would have loved to have had her! But you're right about Brad - he's been in a couple of reports before.

More soon. Thanks for reading!!

Sunday, March 18 – our first full day!

I was up around 5:30 this morning to get ready and get some breakfast together for the cabin dwellers this morning. I was surprised to have slept pretty well last night, as Ray and I were on the murphy bed and never in our almost 20 years of marriage have we slept in a double bed. It was definitely smaller than we are used to, but it was comfortable and we did fine.

I really love the cabins. We had 7 people that night and it didn’t feel terribly crowded. The bathroom is huge, we were able to have a good breakfast together, and then housekeeping comes and cleans everything up while you’re out having fun. :yay:

We also loved sharing the cabin with Daniel and Marie. They have to be the most considerate people in the world. After they arrived and Marie unpacked all their stuff, including groceries etc., we couldn’t even tell they were there. Plus, they are very go-with-the-flow types. All that is to say is that the cabin was a complete success, and our roommates were perfect.

Ryan and Stephen sharing a bunk:

Picture084.jpg

Ryan waking up Danielle:

Picture085.jpg

Breakfast time:

disney-Les110.jpg

I called Buddy for her wake up call at 5:50 and then met everyone from the camper at the Outpost at 7:30. My schedule showed that it was EMH morning at HS, so we were trying to get there shortly before 8:00. Everything was working perfectly – caught the bus quickly and zipped right to HS.

disney-Les111.jpg

disney-Les113.jpg

disney-Les115.jpg

disney-Les118.jpg

Picture088.jpg

disney-Les120.jpg

disney-Les122.jpg

Those of you who read along with my last report may remember the rhino face. For better or for worse, the rhino didn’t appear nearly as much this trip as the last, but every once in a while you get a glimpse of one.

disney-Les121.jpg

We made it to HS about 7:50 and I thought that everything was just according to plan, until I looked for the crowds. They weren’t there. No.One. I checked my notes again and there it was – HS EMH morning. But then I checked one of the several apps I have and discovered that my notes were wrong – no EMH at HS that day at all. Ugh. So, we just sat and waited. But, we were absolutely at the front of the crowd and everyone in our group was a great sport about the wait.

disney-Les123.jpg

disney-Les124.jpg

disney-Les127.jpg

disney-Les131.jpg

disney-Les132.jpg

disney-Les135.jpg

This is what the crowd looked like behind us:

disney-Les136.jpg

This guy demonstrated the difference between walking and running for everyone:

disney-Les129.jpg

They actually let us in early, so I raced off to TSM to get FPs for everyone. The others (except Stephen, who was too short, and Buddy and Paw Paw) were going to ride RNRC while I was FP’ing. But lucky for me, they still hadn’t opened the rides by the time I caught up with the others at RNRC, so I was able to join everyone in line and get to ride with them. (I deem that to not be a line infraction, since I never set out to do that. Please don’t kill me for it! 8) )

Picture095.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Picture098.jpg

Finally, we were able to ride, and everyone loved it. Especially Ryan and Elise, who were the first timers for this ride this time.

disney-Les141.jpg

After RNRC, we all did TOT, which was another first for Elise. Stephen was even tall enough for this one.

disney-Les146.jpg

disney-Les144.jpg

Elise was very proud of herself and all her thrill rides that she was now eligible to ride. She had been to WDW once before, but she was too short for any of the exciting rides, so she loved all the new rides.

To be continued...

After TOT, I got FPs for Star Tours and then met the others at TSM. Everyone of course loved that one.

Love my dad’s shirt:

Picture099.jpg

disney-Les148.jpg

disney-Les150.jpg

disney-Les151.jpg

Picture103.jpg

We hit Star Tours next, and then had fun taking a few family pictures:

Photo0008FourBySix.jpg

Photo0009FourBySix.jpg

Photo0013FourBySix.jpg

After Star Tours, we were at loose ends. We had already done far more than we thought we would for the morning, and it was only 10:30 or 11:00. We went to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground for a while, then managed to get 11 of us into Sci Fi for lunch. Buddy and Paw Paw will always choose to go back to FW for lunch, but the rest of us weren’t ready to quit playing yet. We loved Sci Fi once again – it’s always so quiet and cool, with good food and fun entertainment that keeps the kids at bay. Good times.

disney-Les153.jpg

disney-Les154.jpg

Picture106.jpg

Picture107.jpg

Just in case Dave is reading along, here is the All American Picnic Burger that both Ray and Daniel ordered (but thankfully didn’t eat all of):

disney-Les160.jpg

Honestly, the sight of it kind of sicked me out, but they seemed to like it.

After lunch, we all felt rejuvenated and made our way to an attraction I had never seen before – Indiana Jones. It was really fun! We missed most of the preshow, but I could tell that it would have been worth seeing too.

disney-Les161.jpg

disney-Les162.jpg

disney-Les165.jpg

Finally, it was time to go. We were beat. The kids had to pose with guns for a minute, and then we hit the bus stop, where we saw everyone’s favorite sky writer. Ray wanted to know why someone would write “Godless” in the sky. ::)

disney-Les168.jpg

disney-Les169.jpg

Photo0015FourBySix.jpg

Photo0017FourBySix.jpg

Photo0018FourBySix.jpg

Photo0021FourBySix.jpg

Photo0023FourBySix.jpg

Photo0026FourBySix.jpg

Photo0027FourBySix.jpg

disney-Les170.jpg

disney-Les172.jpg

Up next, back to the Fort, more fun on Sunday, and (believe it or not), more family arrives to try to keep track of! (Yes, there will be a quiz at the end of this report. :protip: )

Great TR, great looking family. You are making the kind of memories that will be with you forever.

One thing I have to ask...is it camera angle, or is Marie just a little drink of water? It almost looks like she'd be looking up to Stef...

Not a thing wrong with that, just an observation. Carry on...

Y'all are cracking me up! In no particular order:

Yes, Marie is a tiny thing. She and Buddy do well to hold their breath and stand on their tip toes and reach 5'nothing. It's especially noticeable since everyone on my side is so tall (Danielle is the shortest at 5'7, Tiger tops us out at 6'4), but Marie's husband is at least as tall as Tiger. They're a hysterical couple but are so awesome together that you forget about the good 1 1/2 feet difference in them.

Kim, you're right about Ray and the photobomb. I was wondering if anyone would see it. With 17 people, it got almost impossible to take a picture of someone without something weird going on in the background with someone else. And yes, Kim, I totally hope to meet you one day soon!

CKCK, you're right about all the people - spring break crowds make it tough impossible to take pics without so many other people except on days you actually make it into the park earlier than everyone else.

BradyBiz - I love that pic too! Daniel jumped on the ground and held on for dear life. None of us had any idea how it would turn out until we got the CD!

Finally, Carol, you better be taking notes!

So many great pics, but I think this might be my favorite so far...

Photo0013FourBySix.jpg

My favorite too!! What a beautiful family, and everyone looks SO happy!

I must admit the Rhino face pic runs a close second though. Too funny! :P

Leslie-

I am glad to see that you have not lost your trip report writing touch.

This is great stuff.

Your extended family is so good looking that I feel like I am watching the resort TV channel that streams all the Disney brainwashing videos! Seriously, what a great looking bunch of people!

The best part is that you are just getting started on your trip. I'm looking forward to hearing all about the rest!

TCD

Hey everyone - thanks for reading and commenting! More Sunday:

Once back to the Fort, it was definitely time for a swim. We hit the cabin pool this time, as the kids wanted more room with fewer people.

disney-Les174.jpg

disney-Les184.jpg

disney-Les181.jpg

disney-Les189.jpg

disney-Les197.jpg

disney-Les201.jpg

Next, the throwing of children and various races began:

disney-Les203.jpg

disney-Les215.jpg

disney-Les232.jpg

disney-Les223.jpg

disney-Les224.jpg

disney-Les225.jpg

disney-Les226.jpg

After a big long swim, we all made our way back to the camper and cabin – some on foot, some on bikes, and some in the golf cart. However you get around FW, it’s always fun, and it’s never the method of transportation I’m always taking at home – my boring old car – so it’s all good.

Once back, Ray and I got ready for dinner with my good friend Claire and her husband at Citricos. It was really good getting to catch up with her again and the food was great. They met us at the camper, drove us to the GF, then we took a monorail back to the CR and finally the resort boat back to the Fort, so I think we got almost all the different modes of transportation in that one trip. Sadly, I didn’t take any pictures, but we definitely had a good time.

Meanwhile, back at the Fort, everyone was definitely enjoying themselves.

Picture108.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Finally, Michael, Susan, Brad and John arrived after a long drive. Once they got there, a group headed out to the MK to give the new kids a good time.

Picture112.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Picture115.jpg

Picture116.jpg

Picture119.jpg

While at the MK, the group split up as they had some thrill riders, some Dumbo kids and some in between. Tiger and Elise actually had a magic moment of sorts, when they were taken to the front of the line at Peter Pan after a casual conversation with a CM who just took it upon himself to give them a good time.

All those people at the MK, and Tiger was the only one savvy enough to get a photopass pic taken:

Photo0031FourBySix.jpg

When Ray and I returned to the Fort, we found Brad (17) relaxing in one of the hammocks. He seemed happy to be there but definitely tired from a long day on the road.

I finally got done what I intended to do yesterday, and that was to make my every-trip-to-the-Fort batch of sausage things. They definitely came in handy the next couple of mornings.

Pre-cooked:

disney-Les238.jpg

Ready to eat:

disney-Les239.jpg

Since today worked out so well, even though it started with going to a park without EMH extra early, we rearranged our days and decided to go to Epcot the next morning instead of AK with EMH. Will that plan work as well as today did?