When Stef Wishes Upon A Starr

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm home and unpacked. Had a great week-end and was happy I could join in on the fun!

Stef will fill in the blanks.

I'm thrilled to death that you guys were able to make it over too! In case you forgot just how much you had to drink and what you did, I will be happy to share that with everyone.

Good times!!

A Greasy burger at night before booze

Up and about the next morning with no need to snooze

Did you just make that up? I have found that to be very true. Other than a slight headache, and little to no voice, I felt fine the next morning.

We only make it down once a year we live to far away.

Well, I guess when you make your once a year trip I will have to drive over to the Fort and meet you!

I loved your New Years Eve trip report so, I'm in.

Zac Brown Band is actually playing here in Alabama this summer at Bama Jam.

Happy to have you along for the ride Yvonne!

I did see that Zac was doing the Bama Jam. Are you going? I was hoping that BBS would be there too as Charlie (lead singer) is from Alabama, but they have a different schedule this year.

WooHoo another Stef TR!!

Yeehaw! :clint: Glad you're reading it! In my best Forrest Gump voice: "Stef's trip reports are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!"

Sonic tots are perfection in a little greasy package. But their onion rings leave something to be desired.

I agree the tots were better, just something about them tasted weird.

:popcorn:

Hang tight Jess! Gonna try to get an update in before I have to go back to work.

Still here, being careful with my popcorn.

I've never eaten at a Sonic. But after Dave's description, not sure I want to!

Thanks for being careful Gwen. :)

I was a Sonic virgin before this trip and I wasn't overly impressed. Typical fast food joint.

Before the slight off topic, beard obsession, I had told you that my rubber broke. That sounds much worse than it really was.

After filling up on some greasy food, we came back to the hotel, popped open some beers and started freshening up before we headed to the hayfield.

I ran a brush through my hair & when I went to put it back up....my rubber broke!

SOTWBBSApril2012033.jpg

The good thing is, I always keep a few extras in my shower bag. Problem solved.

Just when I thought we had some more time to kill (aka, drink more beer) I get a text from Genia. They have just arrived at the field and in their haste to get there, forgot a few things. We had passed a Walmart on our way to the hotel so I asked her what she was lacking.

Here is my shopping list:

A lime.

A small bottle of cooking oil.

Salt & pepper shakers.

Yep, the essentials of camping. :))

Most of ya'll have been to Walmart, and maybe even have looked at the "People of Walmart" website. Since I didn't bring my camera inside, I will let you use your imagination on the sort of things I saw at the Walmart of Thomaston Georgia. It was quite an experience, to put it mildly.

With Genia's groceries on board, we told Tom to take us to the field.

As we got out of the Jeep, Genia and Tony were coming down to meet us. You can barely make them out standing in front of the RV's.

SOTWBBSApril2012034.jpg

We walked up to their RV and exchanged some gifts, which I took pictures of when I got home and will post in a later update.

WARNING: The beers were flowing freely & rapidly at this point, so the pictures and poses start going downhill. You've been warned!

Here I am posing with my "redneck baby bottle" that Genia brought me.

SOTWBBSApril2012035.jpg

Me & Genia in front of her RV.

SOTWBBSApril2012036.jpg

The big open field behind us waiting to be filled with RV's

SOTWBBSApril2012037.jpg

One of the organizers of this festival lives right in the middle of this field. His house & horse.

SOTWBBSApril2012256.jpg

And down at the bottom of this field is where the festival was set up.

SOTWBBSApril2012255.jpg

We then moved our Jeep up by Genia's RV and set up our chairs. Alice had sucked back a 1/2 bottle of wine at this point and wanted to hide my camera.

SOTWBBSApril2012041.jpg

And the TigerCocks felt the same way.

SOTWBBSApril2012042.jpg

Trevor then got the camera from me and decided it was payback time. Yes, I was double fisting a can of Coors light and a bottle of Corona. I did my best to hide.

SOTWBBSApril2012043.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012044.jpg

We started hearing the bands crank up so we thought we should mosey on down. First stop...Port-a-johns!!

They were all fresh smelling and clean, for the time being. <_<

I tried to get Alice coming out, but she's known me too long and came out yelling "Don't be taking my picture!"

SOTWBBSApril2012047.jpg

Tony & Trevor:

SOTWBBSApril2012048.jpg

We made it!

SOTWBBSApril2012049.jpg

Alice took this one. You can see Tony & Trevor with Genia & I behind them.

SOTWBBSApril2012259.jpg

For my first "wet my pants moment" here is BBS's tour bus.

SOTWBBSApril2012050.jpg

Everywhere you looked there were ez-up canopies for the BBQ competition.

SOTWBBSApril2012051.jpg

There were also signs posted saying photos and video recordings were in use, because Pitmasters was filming the competition.

SOTWBBSApril2012070.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012071.jpg

They had a kids area set up with bounce houses, train rides and such. There was also a Ford dealer showing some trucks, which I had to get a picture of for Nate.

SOTWBBSApril2012052.jpg

This one was the best, F-650 4WD, lifted, with a CAT diesel and it could be yours for the bargain price of $140,000.00!

SOTWBBSApril2012053.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012054.jpg

The guy opened it all up for us and Genia thought I may have needed a hand. Wise ass!

SOTWBBSApril2012055.jpg

Tony checking out the underside.

SOTWBBSApril2012058.jpg

Lookie how big this thing was!

SOTWBBSApril2012057.jpg

They also had a similar one, but 2WD with a Cummins diesel.

SOTWBBSApril2012056.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012059.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012060.jpg

It was time to go down toward the stage and listen to the opening bands. As we made our way over there, I gasped! There was 2 band members from BBS with their kids, at the bungee jumping thingy!

On the right in blue is Paul (guitar) and on the left in black is Richard (bass guitar)

SOTWBBSApril2012061.jpg

Trevor couldn't believe I didn't take off in a full out sprint! Because they were playing with their kids I didn't want to bother them, and hoped to catch them later.

Ahhh, who am I kidding?!?! You can't possibly think I'd miss this opportunity, do you?

I'm having flashbacks.

:clint:

And I don't know what exactly was did in the far left port-a-john (I believe that one was yours) but it was missing/removed the next morning. just sayin. :rofl3:

OK, now that I was reminded of some stuff, let me add the few pics I do have. These were taken before the other 3 showed up.

I noticed this when we first arrived. Tony asked me what I was doing with the pic, then said nevermind, I don't want to know.

I texted this Stef, and told her "They are waiting on you"

78fa93bd.jpg

Use your imagination for the response.

This was in the kiddy area, and I told Stef, "It ain't the Fort's"

3ee9b10a.jpg

This is what I brought to represent SC.

3002279f.jpg

6d5b3981.jpg

29fb8703.jpg

And those really are the only pics I have of the week-end.

Dang, I missed page 1.

But I'm in.

And caught up.

I loved the pecan tree photos. You know I like that before and after thing.

Thanks for thinking of grabbing a spike for me. They say it's the thought that counts.

But who really believes that?

10 demerits for not bringing you camera into the Walmart.

You know better than that.

Good job on stalking the band. The TCD twins could give you some pointers on that. They have tons of photos with the Jo Bro's bass player and drummer. Same thing with other bands they like. The average person does not pay attention to all the members of a band, and some of the background types are often out wandering around venues unrecognized. If you can make a connection with one of these guys, they can be a great recource for meeting up with the big names in the band.

You are doing a great job, as usual, telling your story. I'm looking forward to more.

TCD

I texted this Stef, and told her "They are waiting on you"

78fa93bd.jpg

Use your imagination for the response.

I'm sure that my response was NOT FF friendly! I know of at least a couple of the names I called you this weekend, Jen has filtered.

I never did see this area. Did they have the chase? Darn, I missed it!

Weeeeeeeeeeee................

Dang, I missed page 1.

But I'm in.

And caught up.

I loved the pecan tree photos. You know I like that before and after thing.

Thanks for thinking of grabbing a spike for me. They say it's the thought that counts.

But who really believes that?

10 demerits for not bringing you camera into the Walmart.

You know better than that.

Good job on stalking the band. The TCD twins could give you some pointers on that. They have tons of photos with the Jo Bro's bass player and drummer. Same thing with other bands they like. The average person does not pay attention to all the members of a band, and some of the background types are often out wandering around venues unrecognized. If you can make a connection with one of these guys, they can be a great recource for meeting up with the big names in the band.

You are doing a great job, as usual, telling your story. I'm looking forward to more.

TCD

I have to thank you for the pecan tree photos. As soon as I saw them with new growth I said to myself:

"Self, take a picture so you can show how different a couple of months make, TCD will be proud!"

I do deserve to be flogged with a wet noodle for forgetting the camera in Walmart! It was interesting, to say the least.

You, of all people should know that I have my stalking skills down pat. :))

But you are correct, those two were able to stroll around with hardly a second glance from the crowd. There is more on that coming soon!

I am already more than a bit scared of where this tr is going ....

Don't be skeered! It was all good clean fun!

LOVIN' it!! Two of my favorite fiends in one place.. whoohoo!!

so since ZBB is coming to bama jam.. how's about we plan a mini fiend meet and greet??!!

and I hate it when my rubbers break.. BOO!

Thanks Judy, happy to have you along. If BBS was at Bama Jam this year, you would have a deal. I got kind of spoiled with meeting Zac & having dinner with them. The thought of being in a crowd of people, watching from afar, would be pure torture!

But have no fear, I've never been to Alabama and Trevor has family living there so a trip may be in the works at some point. I will surely let you know!!

I just luv those trucks!!! I

Me too!! But the guy trying to sell them was a total perv! About an hour later I strolled to the potties and he was whistling & catcalling at me. >:( It was the last trip to the potties that I took alone! I either made Trevor go, or my bodyguard Genia.

If this is a hidden Stef, I found you!! :jumpforjoySOTWBBSApril2012043.jpg

:lmao1:

It's kind of hard to hide in a wide open field when your stuck in a chair and have had entirely too much to drink!

I guess that's one of those: If I can't see you, you can't see me, kind of things.

Stef,

Fun trip report!! Sounds like a great time so far!!

Heidi

Thanks for reading Heidi!

It was a super duper fun time!

Going to work on an update momentarily.

Time to get to the good stuff!

When I spotted the band members, I really did leave them alone. It killed me, but I did not want to bother them when they were playing with their kids. I know these guys' schedule and I often comment on what a tough life it must be for their families. I snapped a photo from a distance and walked away.

By the time we made it back up near where the festival was set up, Trevor tells me that Paul and his son are behind us walking back to the bus. This was my opportunity, so I went in for the kill walked up and introduced myself. He couldn't have been sweeter! While I was thrilled to meet and chat with Paul, what I really wanted was to get to Charlie....Charlie Starr.

(And you guys probably thought I spelled that wrong in my TR title, didn't you? ;) )

I need to backtrack for a second.

Before we left for GA, I had tweeted:

Headed to SOTW festival to see @blackberrysmoke. Just wanna squeeze those guys!

About an hour later, I got a tweet back:

In response to Stef, we are now available in squeezable!

Of course I had to ask Paul who handles their twitter account and he tells me Trey (which you will see a picture of later) I told him what Trey had tweeted and we laughed about that. I asked him if they were going to be at the merchandise booth after the show, because I wanted to get a hold of the little one (aka Charlie)

Trevor later told me that I sounded like the crazy guy from Waterworld who wants to trade Kevin Costner for the little girl,

"I want a shot at the wee one! Half an hour, half an hour!" :rofl2:

While I was talking, Alice was behind me snapping pictures that she thought she could use as blackmail when she wanted to eat something fattening. HA! There is no shame in my game, here are those pics, complete with mouth open, laughing and talking with my hands like any good Italian.

SOTWBBSApril2012260.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012261.jpg

Love this one. Notice his son looking at me like "back away from my Dad, crazy lady!"

SOTWBBSApril2012262.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012263.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012264.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012265.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012266.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012267.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012268.jpg

With that out of the way, he headed toward the bus and we went to find a place to park our asses for the concerts.

As we walked away, Trevor said "You know he's gonna go back to the bus and say Hey Chuck, there's some little girl looking for you!"

I was as happy as a clam after the meeting!

SOTWBBSApril2012269.jpg

There were 4 opening bands before BBS, and you can see they weren't drawing a huge crowd.

Here is Soul Kitchen.

SOTWBBSApril2012062.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012063.jpg

Next up was Hound Brown. You will see as the pictures progress, the crowd grows tremendously.

SOTWBBSApril2012064.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012065.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012066.jpg

And the crowd around us was getting thicker.

SOTWBBSApril2012069.jpg

Next on the line up, Daniel Lee Band. These were really young guys but did a damn good job.

SOTWBBSApril2012072.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012076.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012074.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012075.jpg

While it was still light out, us girls had a good time with our cameras. When I get back I will post those.

Please keep in mind we had been consuming alcohol for about 5 hours at this point. :oregonian_winesmiley:

Me too!! But the guy trying to sell them was a total perv! About an hour later I strolled to the potties and he was whistling & catcalling at me. >:( It was the last trip to the potties that I took alone! I either made Trevor go, or my bodyguard Genia.

Go figure there is one in every crowd!! I am sure Trevor would have taken pleasure in givin him a good ole ass whoopin!!

I'm glad you pointed out that was an F-650. I saw you next to that vehicle and wondered why you took a pic next to a Mini Cooper.

:dmmhu:

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Don't encourage him Steve or you're next! 14.gif

S70-

One look at Paul, and my hippie-dar started up.

Then I see his kid is wearing a t-shirt from Amsterdam.

Yikes!

TCD

:rotfl5: Yes, BBS oozes hippiness!

I didn't even notice his kids shirt or I would have warned you.

Cool pics!!

Thanks Carol, I got a couple of fun ones coming up soon.

Drinking for 5 hours? No worries, you still got a ways to go! So far I haven't seen anything that is blackmail worthy, but I expect those pictures are coming. :))

Not on my end, you know it would take a lot to blackmail me! I actually have some cute ones coming up.

Go figure there is one in every crowd!! I am sure Trevor would have taken pleasure in givin him a good ole ass whoopin!!

Trevor thinks it's funny. He caught the perv later standing by me and gave him the stink eye. The only person Trevor needed to be concerned with at that place was Charlie. :drool1:

(Well and Genia...but I don't roll that way) :rofl2: