Ft Wilderness First Time TR - "All I need is a lizard"

Thank you to all of you who contributed to my "what to do" thread. It helped, although in the end, they needed very little to make them all have fun, as these pictures will show. TCD, please do refrain from making any innuendo's about the name of this report! ;-)

We went with our two daughters, two good friends and their two daughters. It is pretty obvious whose DD's belong to which family, my girls are dark and my buddy's family are light!

We live in the Stuart area of Florida and on the way up to Orlando, wee stopped and picked up Grandma for the weekend.

We arrived at 3pm on Friday and with a short trip planned, we sort of called it our "scouting mission" we proceeded to setup camp at site ...409. Nice loop! We were all excited as we drove into the campground, it really is so nice.

6938573258_cb4b0a791a_c.jpg

My eldest daughter (9 years old and really, really tall) got right to work in the woods...these are not mall kids, they have grown up playing outside, riding horses, catching fish, frogs, jellyfish (yes I said Jellyfish, another story for another time) and lizards!

6938562420_c4c5c0b1fe_c.jpg

Some of the other girls, got started riding any wheels we could get out of the truck for them fast enough! My little one (age 7) and her friend (age 8 got going as quick as they could!

7084637659_805e1b4bcc_c.jpg

This little 4 year old, our friends little girl was having so much fun on her new bike!

6938561220_310cca9e6b_c.jpg

Before long the lizards were piling up! Here is the first one! I think every little girl ought to grow up getting dirty and being outdoors!

7084632473_ced5411aec_c.jpg

Good job kid!!

7084638655_ce240d9210_c.jpg

We could have stayed at the campsite all night, they were having so much time, but with little time and the sites setup, we decided it was time to go do this thing people call "looping".

So we loaded up the golf carts and off we went! You can see our 'new to us' 28' travel trailer to the right of the kids. Needless to say a golf cart and little kids is always an exciting time for all! :)

7084632829_72a3876583_c.jpg

I will post the rest later on gang, we will be exploring the TCD ranch, had to go see Crockett's after the TCD investigation of that place and of course, the swimming pools!

There will be no jokes from TCD.

At least not if the rest of this trip report lives up to the first post.

Outstanding work!

The photos are very good!

I'm glad to see that your DD's can catch lizards. It always amuses us to see the kids from "up north" who camp at the Fort freak out when they see a lizard. We were camped next to such a kid once, and all that poor boy did the whole time was try to catch a lizard. He never got one. I thought about sending one of my DD's over there to catch one for him, but that probably would have made him feel worse.

I'm looking forward to the rest of you report!

TCD

Leapin Lizards! ;) What a great start.

I'm all grown up but I still like being dirty and outdoors!

You're daughters are beautiful, and I especially love the boots.

Carry on!!!

I see smiles.. looks like the start of a good time.

BTW is this a FF record? Mythical on just the 11th post is starting a TR and as others have said is off to a great start.

I love breaking records, seriously, you guys were so nice to contribute to my questions, I feel that I must share! Nice board and people for sure.

There will be no jokes from TCD.

At least not if the rest of this trip report lives up to the first post.

Outstanding work!

The photos are very good!

I'm glad to see that your DD's can catch lizards. It always amuses us to see the kids from "up north" who camp at the Fort freak out when they see a lizard. We were camped next to such a kid once, and all that poor boy did the whole time was try to catch a lizard. He never got one. I thought about sending one of my DD's over there to catch one for him, but that probably would have made him feel worse.

I'm looking forward to the rest of you report!

TCD

Love that TCD! I enjoy photography for sure and have some nice gear-

I love your story about the neighbor. Isn't it great our girls are able to get their hands dirty? Good character building!

Leapin Lizards! ;) What a great start.

I'm all grown up but I still like being dirty and outdoors!

You're daughters are beautiful, and I especially love the boots.

Carry on!!!

Thanks so much! My wife and I are on the same page, lucky for that!

Great start!! Your girls are beautiful!!

Thanks Doodlebug, they are my heart for sure! Even better people they are!

(I sound like Yoda now...?)

Great start, lookig forward to some great pictures, looked like the girls had lots of fun!!!!!!!!

They really did, we have been getting them ready for this though, we tent camped like 3 times and were ready to keep doing it albeit with a bit more comfort!

More pics coming, I promise friends!

Off to a great start and excellent title!

We were lucky to have tons of woods in our backyard as kids and spent most of our time in trees, building forts (hmm... an omen perhaps?) and catching critters - mostly frogs, but also grasshoppers, fireflies and the occasional snake.

Any time we whined that we were bored my mother would say "GO OUTSIDE" ...and that's what we did!

Looking forward to the rest of your TR. :)