• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The four of you, who will remain nameless, Cherie, Dave, Bob, and Bill, have taken a perfectly innocent TR and brought it down to the depths of depravity and vulgarism that is beneath even the four of

I think I can help out here. I'm not real strong in my Russian, but I do believe it translates to "hey, the f*ing dog pooped in the trailer and I'm out of vodka."

Looks like a good option also! Thanks!!

Awesome, amazing, beautiful and outstanding!

I can't believe you missed that! You're such a................girl! :raspberry2:

Hubs didn't have to be wordy, the pics spoke for themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome, amazing, beautiful and outstanding!

I can't believe you missed that! You're such a................girl! :raspberry2:

Hubs didn't have to be wordy, the pics spoke for themselves.

well yes, I have to admit I am a girl but not your normal girly girl. Catch me in the right mood and you will see a small town southern girl.....I am sure she's still in there somewhere.

next update coming

Mini-update - What have you been doing Nicki, Stephanie, Nicole, Stephanie Nicole, Rebel, Rebelstand, whoever you are?

First up, we have been stationary in Bowling Green, KY for the last few weeks. Our adventures have still been happening but some (corvette factory) you can't take pictures of. I was asked by Lil Lisa to do some guest blogging at Wecamphere. For those of you who don't "like" me on Facebook or just don't Facebook, here are the links - (Since it's the first time I've blogged for anyone other than myself, I'd love some feedback on the posts so please tell me what you think)

From wecamphere.com -

Custer South Dakota

Twelve Tips From A "Not So Typical Fulltimer"

Camping Tips That May Save Your Sanity

My Favorite Backyards, So Far

The Lost River Cave (said in most horrific horror movie voice) - No Pop Quiz this time!

Do you see it?

DSC_0001.JPG

It looks quite beautiful and tranquil, doesn't it? Don't be fooled it is a veritable Langolier of a water hole. It has claimed the lives of several Confederate soldiers, their horses, and sucked down a wagon pulling supplies. The only thing retrieved was a hat floating in the water. The Confederates soon left the area but not before warning the Union soldiers about the water hole. Naturally one of those men decided he'd check out the depth of the water and see if he could locate the wagon. His friend decided to jump in to save him. Then another one jumped in to save them both. The fourth in the party walked up the hill and told the rest not to go swimming in that water hole.

Why could those men swim in the hole without disappearing? Well, that would be because the river current doesn't flow until you get to a certain depth and it's a strong current.

For crying out loud two horses went down into that there hole, why where the bodies never discovered? That all comes down to the type of water it takes for most cave formations... does anyone know? I will tell you it has something to do with the particular color of the water in that hole.

Local legend or rumor claims that a certain outlaw called the cave home for a time -

DSC_0004.JPG

Here is the entrance to the cave -

DSC_0003.JPG

The entrance, due to natural A/C was once used as a nightclub. They still use it for special events when it's not flooded to the roof top-

DSC_0006.JPG

More than any cave we have been in before, this cave's formation is very active and easy to spot -

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0027.JPG

If you should go here, the tour spends as much time outside the cave as inside. This is probably the shortest amount of time we have spent on a cave tour and may not be handicap accessible but it was fascinating. You could see baby stalactites forming and we came away with a dozen or more cave kisses.

Mini-update - What have you been doing Nicki, Stephanie, Nicole, Stephanie Nicole, Rebel, Rebelstand, whoever you are?

First up, we have been stationary in Bowling Green, KY for the last few weeks. Our adventures have still been happening but some (corvette factory) you can't take pictures of. I was asked by Lil Lisa to do some guest blogging at Wecamphere. For those of you who don't "like" me on Facebook or just don't Facebook, here are the links - (Since it's the first time I've blogged for anyone other than myself, I'd love some feedback on the posts so please tell me what you think)

From wecamphere.com -

Custer South Dakota

Twelve Tips From A "Not So Typical Fulltimer"

Camping Tips That May Save Your Sanity

My Favorite Backyards, So Far

She's been doing an awesome job! Not to mention that it leaves me much more time for fun things like accounting, data entry and programming. ;) Ok... So I like programming. The others, not so much!

For crying out loud two horses went down into that there hole, why where the bodies never discovered? That all comes down to the type of water it takes for most cave formations... does anyone know? I will tell you it has something to do with the particular color of the water in that hole.

Pick me! The water in caves is acidic due to the carbonic acid picked up from decaying matter (carbon) as it percolates through the ground, so it eats them away... muahaahaaahaa!!!

I love caves too... :bighug:

She's been doing an awesome job! Not to mention that it leaves me much more time for fun things like accounting, data entry and programming. ;) Ok... So I like programming. The others, not so much!

and strangely I like writing and accounting but i couldn't program a website to save my DH behind - :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

(if you wondering why that's funny, here is my DH in the picture from the blogpost

porta4.jpg He looks even skinnier up close)

Pick me! The water in caves is acidic due to the carbonic acid picked up from decaying matter (carbon) as it percolates through the ground, so it eats them away... muahaahaaahaa!!!

I love caves too... :bighug:

Suck up! :rofl3: But you win!

and strangely I like writing and accounting but i couldn't program a website to save my DH behind - :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

(if you wondering why that's funny, here is my DH in the picture from the blogpost

porta4.jpg He looks even skinnier up close)

Suck up! :rofl3: But you win!

So you're saying you'd have to find it first? And yes, suck up is my middle name. ;)

So you're saying you'd have to find it first? And yes, suck up is my middle name. ;)

exactly.... :rofl2:

Great update. I had to Google cave kiss. You always teach me something in your TRs!

have you been cave kiseed?

Lost River Cave: Very cool, and creepy, all at the same time.

I've read your blogs. Great job!

thank you.. thank you very much