Circling The States To Get To The World - Yes, It Really Does Take Six Months To Get To The Fort

Park I- The Departure

1. Let's keep in mind that this will be an almost real time TR. So updates will be a bit more irratic than say TCD's or Stef's reports but you will be along for the long haul.

2. We depart tomorrow.

The truck has brand spanking (painfully expensive) towing tires. The speedometer has been reset. Shawn has fixed the awning issues (some campgrounds don't allow stakes in the ground) by drilling holes in paving stones and attaching bolts, a carabiener or six, etc. Over the winter we got a new hitch for the trailer. The dogs have been vaccinated. The dentist visited with teeth cleaned and filled. The school curriculum has been purchased. The trip has been re-planned at least once due to work related issues. The junk has been dumped into storage. All the hellos and goodbyes but two have been said. More than some tears have been shed.

That means tomorrow it's time. The first part of the journey will take us through Arkansas, Tennessee, Virginia, Baltimore, and ending in Boston. For now, here is a picture of our last campground beside Memaw's house.

improvements2.jpg

Or if you prefer, my husband's more artsy photos

DSC_0217.jpg

We are hoping to meet up with some fiends along the way so if you think we will be in your neck of the woods please send me a pm. We are already looking into at least one such meeting.......

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The four of you, who will remain nameless, Cherie, Dave, Bob, and Bill, have taken a perfectly innocent TR and brought it down to the depths of depravity and vulgarism that is beneath even the four of

I think I can help out here. I'm not real strong in my Russian, but I do believe it translates to "hey, the f*ing dog pooped in the trailer and I'm out of vodka."

Looks like a good option also! Thanks!!

Finally!!

I like the name you decided on, anything you can't understand will get peoples attention.

No need to worry about erratic updates, I will read along whether it's one a day or one a week.

Where can I find some spanking tires? I would pay double! :))

Hubby did good on the artsy photo, it looks like you're somewhere exciting.

I figure sooner or later you will be in my neck of the woods....The Fort!

Safe travels, now bring it on!!

wait if you are ending in boston then you are still 1300 miles away from the fort...? ???

Circling The States To Get To The World - Yes, It Really Does Take Six Months To Get To The Fort

That means tomorrow it's time. The first part of the journey will take us through Arkansas, Tennessee, Virginia, Baltimore, and ending in Boston. For now,

Can't wait to read along

I like the name you decided on, anything you can't understand will get peoples attention.

Where can I find some spanking tires? I would pay double! :))

Hubby did good on the artsy photo, it looks like you're somewhere exciting.

I figure sooner or later you will be in my neck of the woods....The Fort!

Safe travels, now bring it on!!

1. you helped with the name

2. spanking new tires are only found in the deep south... obviously you have not gone deep enough south! :rofl2: :flush2:

3. DH is one of those annoying people who can read and apply things. He can also draw, paint... etc. Disgusting!

4. I will be in your neck of the woods at some point... but will you be there?

wait if you are ending in boston then you are still 1300 miles away from the fort...? ???

Part I ends in Boston

did you google that distance?

Is it Russian? I'm in, even though I don't know what it means.

The name comes from Doodle, Stef, me and some others on another thread. The actuall name of the Tr is in the first post but the idea for the letters in the title was stef's idea.

Sounds more fun that my wait to get to the Fort. :)

we can hope it's fun

I think I can help out here. I'm not real strong in my Russian, but I do believe it translates to "hey, the f*ing dog pooped in the trailer and I'm out of vodka."

you have no idea how close to the truth that is.... none, what so ever!

Love the name and especially love Dave's translation! :rofl2:

If he only knew how close his translation was.....

:rofl2: Leave it to Dave ... or Lou.

Don't have to worry about Lou. He doesn't read TRs. Although he might make an exception for this one since he knows that when I do arrive at the Fort I have a pie with his name on it. Apple Pie with Streusel crust toppin.

.Don't have to worry about Lou. He doesn't read TRs. Although he might make an exception for this one since he knows that when I do arrive at the Fort I have a pie with his name on it. Apple Pie with Streusel crust toppin.

That's right I don't read these silly things.

What's your target date for Boston?

I'm planning on going to my real home of MA/NH before fall and hope to visit one of my favorite towns, Boston.

Reading along!

Thanks for joining the insanity!

Can't wait to read along! Live TRs are tough but please do it for us! We will love it.

bear with me because this TR is going to last for 6 months... if I am successful

That's right I don't read these silly things.

What's your target date for Boston?

I'm planning on going to my real home of MA/NH before fall and hope to visit one of my favorite towns, Boston.

apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie... apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...apple pie... apple pie.. apple pie...

still not reading?

We will be 45 minutes outside of Boston in mid-may. DH has a conference there. However, after the conference we will be going all the way up to Maine and then back down to west PA. NH might just make it on our agenda.

Oh Goody!!!!! :jumpforjoy

Are we there yet? :clint:

yeah, I'm pretty sure I have asked for that one......

:rotfl5: Where were you when the title poll was running?! I think I'll let you name my next report. Outstanding!

Nope thats how far away I am from the World.... I'm just north of Boston in Salem home of the famous witch trials that actually took place in the next town over but most tourists don't realize that...

Nope thats how far away I am from the World.... I'm just north of Boston in Salem home of the famous witch trials that actually took place in the next town over but most tourists don't realize that...

I hear a ROAD TRIP coming on to the next town over!

Can't wait to hear about your travels!

let's hope it lives up to the hype.

Now? :beathorse:

Genia,

I am going to put you in time out! You know we don't leave until tomorrow. Now go clean up your shelf in the trailer, pack away all your toys, eat dinner, take a shower, and go to bed. Now? That should take care of you for the rest of the evening, Miss Pris! :rofl2: