• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The four of you, who will remain nameless, Cherie, Dave, Bob, and Bill, have taken a perfectly innocent TR and brought it down to the depths of depravity and vulgarism that is beneath even the four of

I think I can help out here. I'm not real strong in my Russian, but I do believe it translates to "hey, the f*ing dog pooped in the trailer and I'm out of vodka."

Looks like a good option also! Thanks!!

If you come thru Delaware to get to the Baltimore area lets us know. We always have room in the driveway for Fiends!!!!!!!!!1 I fit our 39' 5th wheel in it so if you would need a overnighter the price is right

Has PA paved their interstates yet? Last time I drove through PA there were pigs frolicking in the mudholes between lanes.

I am now officially scared of roads on PA.

We have arrived at our surprise destination. Details to follow as soon as I have pics.

Must apologize to Dave as I had me some stinking good BBQ today and forgot to get pictures for him. I was literally thinking "get food pix for Dave. Get food pix for Dave". Then they plopped that BBQ sandwich in front of me and I stopped thinking entirely and started stuffing it in my mouth instead!

Hope your trip has started well today! I am so envious of your opportunity, should be a blast. Looking forward to reading and learning from your adventures.

The trip started pretty good. It didn't take too long hitch up so that's always a good start to the day. Hopefully the learning won't be too expensive (emotionally or financially on our part :whew: )but welcome for the ride.

i'm in......

welcome to the insanity

Safe travels, Nicki!

we have arrived for the week

honk when you pass by us!

i don't wanna honk. I wanna stop.... :banghead:

If you come thru Delaware to get to the Baltimore area lets us know. We always have room in the driveway for Fiends!!!!!!!!!1 I fit our 39' 5th wheel in it so if you would need a overnighter the price is right

remind me when we get closer to delaware

Safe travels.

you are now out of time out but sadly it is bed time/quiet time. Be a good girl and get some sleep!

An official mini update - Flexibility is key and go with your gut.

Anyone remember that flexibility rule. Day one of the CTSTGTTW-YIRDTSMTGTTF and we have already applied this rule. We had planned to stay in West Memphis, opting for a cheaper campground. However, after driving through a somewhat questionable (only slightly) neighborhood and an industrial area to find our campground we weren't too happy to see that we would be in full sun. Not to mention they campground just didn't appear as pretty as the website (due to flooding in years past), we just didn't have a great feeling about staying there. This leads us to Fulltimer Rule # 20 - Go with your gut. Listen to your instincts people... there is a reason you have them. We made a U-Turn at the check in shack and headed across the river to Memphis.

All I have for you tonight is this -

blogger-image-685558344.jpg

Once again, Dave I am sorry about the pood forn. It was really good food or I was really hungry!

Next up - The back of my eyelids. It is 11:38 and I've been up since before 6:30. This girl is tired.

Nicki,

Stayed in West Memphis once, I think your instincts are good. Nice bacon picture above Dave should be satisfied. Thanks for posting and i hope you got a good night's sleep.

YC

Is there a story there?

I'm glad you went with your gut, Nicki. It is much better to have peace of mind than to save a few bucks.

I have found that if you ignore those instincts you don't sleep well at night. I slept like I did before the babies were born last night.

Time for another update. Don't get too accustomed to so many in one weekend. This could be a rare happenstance.

Read The Signs -

Goodbye Tejas-

Trip+Week%23101.jpg

Hello Vertebrae - I feel your pain bumpy roads.

Trip+Week%23106.jpg

Hello Civilization.... Oh wait, both Bob and Dave live here. :rofl2:

Trip+Week%23109.jpg

Guess what chicken butt -

Trip+Week%23112.jpg

And here we reside with Graceland in our backyard... for the week.

Is there a story there?

Yes, my wife and I booked a room through one of the travel sites many years ago. The goods were not as advertised. When we drove across the Mississippi River the world looked barren and devoid of life all of a sudden. The place we ended up staying was awful and there were a lot of shady characters hanging around. We left the next morning and must have not seen the crime scene tape when we came in the night before but a whole floor was shut down. We did not go back even though we had paid for the second night.

I'm with Dave, honk as you drive by. I will hear it too, Dave and I live in the same "neck of the woods" and Bob lives just south of that.

Yes, my wife and I booked a room through one of the travel sites many years ago. The goods were not as advertised. When we drove across the Mississippi River the world looked barren and devoid of life all of a sudden. The place we ended up staying was awful and there were a lot of shady characters hanging around. We left the next morning and must have not seen the crime scene tape when we came in the night before but a whole floor was shut down. We did not go back even though we had paid for the second night.

I'm with Dave, honk as you drive by. I will hear it too, Dave and I live in the same "neck of the woods" and Bob lives just south of that.

Wow! Crime Scene Tape!

DH and I tried to work out a route that would allow us to swing just a little south for Fiend Visitation but it doesn't look good. Besides we have no idea what time we are leaving that day but I will be honking!