• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The four of you, who will remain nameless, Cherie, Dave, Bob, and Bill, have taken a perfectly innocent TR and brought it down to the depths of depravity and vulgarism that is beneath even the four of

I think I can help out here. I'm not real strong in my Russian, but I do believe it translates to "hey, the f*ing dog pooped in the trailer and I'm out of vodka."

Looks like a good option also! Thanks!!

I think I can help out here. I'm not real strong in my Russian, but I do believe it translates to "hey, the f*ing dog pooped in the trailer and I'm out of vodka."

I thought you were out of scotch?

Sorry I'm late. I've been doing Canada. Can't wait for more!

Glad you have arrived safely in Memphis and have found a safe campground for this part of your journey. How long do you typically stay at a location?

We are residents of whatever city we stop in for 7 nights. We typically drive Saturdays. Every month and a half or so we get run down and stop for an extra week.

Obviously, since she can't wait for more. The better question is Bruce okay with that type of behavior?

good question?

Oh dear! :rofl2: I guess I should have chosen my words more carefully. Let me rephrase that: I have been researching Canadian campgrounds (which suck by the way... They must not want people to find them because many don't list addresses on their websites.) I'd much rather be here, but duty calls...

Oh dear! :rofl2: I guess I should have chosen my words more carefully. Let me rephrase that: I have been researching Canadian campgrounds (which suck by the way... They must not want people to find them because many don't list addresses on their websites.) I'd much rather be here, but duty calls...

That one was tag worthy :rofl2:

Gracie Has Left The Building-

After deciding against staying in West Memphis, we headed across the Mighty Mississippi (I learned to spell by the song " M I crookedy letter crookedy letter I crookedy letter crookedy letter I humpback humpback I) to Memphis, TN. Strangely enough in the RV park called "Graceland RV Park" which is located behind the Heartbreak Hotel.

Although, we had no desire to see Graceland, DS wanted to see the car museum and the plane museum. These things just happen to come in a package to see Graceland. Funny how that works..... Don't get me wrong, I like to hear Elvis sing well enough but I don't necessarily understand the pilgrimage thing unless it's to the Fort.

Here is one for Stef and Rita - This should help your guitar hero scores.

graceland01.jpg

The Plaque declaring it's historical significance.

graceland02.jpg

Need a light anyone?

graceland04.jpg

This one's for Doodle. Graceland is considered a Mansion but I find it is smaller than some houses being built today for normal middle class people (McMansions). Although the details, like the peacock stain glass is obviously above the normal middle class budget.

graceland05.jpg

The dining room- Why do those curtains make me think of Scarlet O'Hara and Carol Burnet at the same time?

graceland10.jpg

After passing through a very 70's kitchen- One thing I noticed was the unusual amount of TV's in this house. I've seen Rap Star houses from the 2000's on cribs with less TVs.

graceland12.jpg

Now the tour heads down to the basement.

The Television room's bar-

This room had not one but three screens mounted in the wall (can you imagine the support needed for those old TVs) and a projector screen. Sorry no pictures of it, too many people in the way.

graceland13.jpg

The billiard room or is it the pool room? What really struck me in this one was the folded fabric used as wall paper.

graceland14.jpg

Shawn's favorite picture of the Jungle Room-

graceland16.jpg

The turned the Racket Ball Court into this -

graceland20.jpg

Now we are finally off to see what the boy wanted most.

I swear the first thought I had was Barbie Jeep -

graceland23.jpg

The famous Pink Caddy- Do you think Mary Kay was a Elvis fan?

graceland25.jpg

My absolute favorite thing! Pictures can not do it's beauty justice but my Airstream would like mighty pretty behind that car.

graceland27.jpg

We finished it off with the piece de resistance - (for my DS)

graceland28.jpg

Sadly it is very difficult to get pictures inside the Lisa Marie. Mostly you end up with a long line of people rushing through.

Things to note about touring Graceland -

1. Sunday's are insanely busy. We arrived 30 minutes before they opened the house for tours to get the tickets. We were in the 5th group leaving in the first half hour of touring. A group was roughly 20-25 people.

2. They give out headphones for people to listen to Lisa Marie talk about Elvis. If you do not take these headphones, which we did not, you will get to stand around watching people listening to their headphones until Lisa Marie stops talking BEFORE you get to see the room. Not to mention no one bothers to discuss what they see. It's like a bunch of cattle being silently herded through the house.

3. Why no headphones? Well I can't be sure they have been cleaned between visits and I did not think to ask before the tour. One thing I can tell you with absolute certainty is that Lice in a travel trailer is NOT fun.

4. I did not post pictures of everything we saw. We need to leave something for you to experience first hand.

5. Don't eat on site unless you want to feel like a certain fiend after she partook of the BBQ not to mention the service stunk. They were selling people large drinks instead of going to get small cups and they don't take subtractions (DS likes his burger dry/plain/boring)

6. We purchased the premium touring package (middle of the road). This is not a quick hour tour. You need an hour just for the house, 45 min to an hour for all the gift shops (just like a Disney Ride, each museum has it's own giftshop), at least another hour to squeeze in the rest of the museums.

7. Lastly, to the man that hocked, not one but two, lugees (in my sight and five feet way) and spit them on the pavement where everyone stands to await the bus .... next time, I will actually vomit on your feet not just dry heave.

Ya can't say no to the lugee! When it wants to fly, it wants to fly.

the same can be said of the vomit after the lugee.... :rofl2:

Been to Memphis a couple of times, but never saw Graceland, thanks for the pics!!

Graceland is interesting and they do have accessible bus so I am sure they have tours but I am not exactly sure how they do it.