• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The four of you, who will remain nameless, Cherie, Dave, Bob, and Bill, have taken a perfectly innocent TR and brought it down to the depths of depravity and vulgarism that is beneath even the four of

I think I can help out here. I'm not real strong in my Russian, but I do believe it translates to "hey, the f*ing dog pooped in the trailer and I'm out of vodka."

Looks like a good option also! Thanks!!

He seems to be getting better!

I'm so happy to hear that he's feeling better! Having a sick pet while traveling is no fun. It's happened to us twice. A few years ago Kassie developed pancreatitis and had to be rushed to an emergency vet in Lakeland, and then the next year she suddenly started having grand mal seizures while we were at the Fort. A great vet at Sand Lake took care of her then. I hope your Dane continues to get better and that you don't have to seek emergency care!

How old is your Dane? I'd love to see a picture of him!

I'm so happy to hear that he's feeling better! Having a sick pet while traveling is no fun. It's happened to us twice. A few years ago Kassie developed pancreatitis and had to be rushed to an emergency vet in Lakeland, and then the next year she suddenly started having grand mal seizures while we were at the Fort. A great vet at Sand Lake took care of her then. I hope your Dane continues to get better and that you don't have to seek emergency care! How old is your Dane? I'd love to see a picture of him!

so not a recent picture but here is our boy -

DSCF0019.JPG

For Lou - (sorry it's not a great photo but I was stuck in the truck with the kids)

oscarmeyer.jpg

Driving to Jonesborough, TN -

It is really hard to get a good picture while driving down I-40. First because you get mesmerized. Second the trees hide the best river shots. Third it's alls so durn pretty. Fourth the diseals all get in the way.

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

all right you TN fiends... what is this thing? Hidden Water Tower, Hidden Doppler, Revolving Restaurant, or just some weird architectural thingy?

DSC_0182.jpg

We arrived around 3pm. We were given our choice of a not so pretty site near the bathrooms and laundry OR one of 4 sites down near the beautiful river. We choose the river. We then spent the next 30 minutes unhitching, unpacking, unloading, plugging in... etc. No sooner do we finish than the campground worker comes and tells us we will have to move before Thursday. This gives us 5 days in that spot but would have us hitching up two days in a row. Our choices were to re-hitch today or on Thursday and Friday. We decided to put off deciding and head into Historic Jonesborough, TN... the oldest town in Tennessee. It was once part of the unrecognized state of Franklin.

DSC_0183.jpg

I saw this and though of Lou -

DSC_0184.jpg

Random pictures of house with some or no historical value -

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

We then ate here. It was some really good grub. The owner/smoke master came inside to help work the dining room and every time he walked by you would get the wonderful waft of BBQ smoke smell.

We then decided to go home and move to the not so pretty spot by the laundry room. We hitched up, unhooked, raised the stabilizers and removed the chocks. The worker comes down to say that if we plan on leaving by noon on friday we can stay in the spot. We can't guarantee that since Shawn is working till 5 so we went ahead and moved. We got her backed in, chocked, unhitched. Shawn went to get the stuff we'd left at the other site. I started to level the trailer, hookup the water, hookup the cable, plug in the electric.... then i saw it. All our utilities but the cable come out of the back of the trailer (rear bath 1971 trailer)... once the trailer was level front to back there wasn't enough room to open the trap door of the bumper to get the stinky slinky connected. Also one of the wheels was not aligned perfectly enough on the lego leveler block to suit Shawn. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

At this point, i am so not bending over to undo the chocks again. The hamstrings are screaming. Shawn backed up. I hitched. He removed the chocks and pulled forward. I helped him with the lego leveler blocks and he put the chocks back in.

You are up to date. I am tired. Now... someone please tell me that tomorrow -

1. We don't have to hitch up. :jumpforjoy

2. The dogs aren't sick. :jumpforjoy

3. Nothing else challenging happens.... :jumpforjoy

You may have seen me running the marathon this morning.

Hmmm... I might have paid money to see that.

It's an observation tower built for the Knoxville World's Fair in 1982. They call it the Sunsphere.

So it falls under the weird architectural thingy category... but at least we know what it is! Have you ever been up in it?

Very good Dave. I read you are a UF guy, but we can still be friends right? I went to UT. My freshman year at UT my best friend lived in a dorm that faced the Sunsphere. One morning I went to get him to go to class, he was hungover, literally hungover his trashcan. He kept saying I now know exactly why that is called the Sunsphere. Apparently early in the morning that thing sent the light directly into his room. Not good when you have been out all night doing shots.

Nikki, did you notice how I-40 would wind in and out going around the plateau? Well that same friend and another buddy from Nashville, that he had been out with that night, had to ride back with me to Nashville after classes. See I was a good boy and stayed in to study for my classes the night before while they partied. We were in an old Toyota van without a back seat. They were lying down in the back and hugged that trash can all the way to Nashville. I had the best time going around those curves and making the van sway while they did their best not to barf.

Very good Dave. I read you are a UF guy, but we can still be friends right? I went to UT. My freshman year at UT my best friend lived in a dorm that faced the Sunsphere. One morning I went to get him to go to class, he was hungover, literally hungover his trashcan. He kept saying I now know exactly why that is called the Sunsphere. Apparently early in the morning that thing sent the light directly into his room. Not good when you have been out all night doing shots.

Nikki, did you notice how I-40 would wind in and out going around the plateau? Well that same friend and another buddy from Nashville, that he had been out with that night, had to ride back with me to Nashville after classes. See I was a good boy and stayed in to study for my classes the night before while they partied. We were in an old Toyota van without a back seat. They were lying down in the back and hugged that trash can all the way to Nashville. I had the best time going around those curves and making the van sway while they did their best not to barf.

That's just funny.. and a bit devilish but still funny! :rofl3:

UT... I thought UT was in Texas not Tennessee. University of Tejas. :rofl2:

Actually the two schools had to settle who had the rights to use one of the UT logos. Turns out Texas had used the UT logo on a memo a few months earlier than Tennessee did, so Tennessee dropped one of the UT logos and went the Power T they now use.

Never mind that Texas might not be what it is today if it weren't for all those Tennessee Volunteers, like Davy Crockett, that went to their aid.

I am full of useless trivia....

Actually the two schools had to settle who had the rights to use one of the UT logos. Turns out Texas had used the UT logo on a memo a few months earlier than Tennessee did, so Tennessee dropped one of the UT logos and went the Power T they now use.

Never mind that Texas might not be what it is today if it weren't for all those Tennessee Volunteers, like Davy Crockett, that went to their aid.

I am full of useless trivia....

That is actually interesting. I live with a U of Texas fan. Go Davy Crockett! We are just about 30 miles from Davy's birthplace.

Nicki, he's beautiful! We had a Harlequin too!

We t hink he's beautiful but he is the most loving guy you could ask for? You got pictures? Of Both or either?

These pics aren't very good -- before I got interested in photography and got a decent camera -- but here's the female:

197606Dana1.jpg

And this is the male when he was a young puppy:

197704Terry.jpg

His father was just a half inch off the world record at that time -- the father was 37.5" at the shoulders and weighed 285 pounds! Thank goodness ours didn't get quite that big.

Great Danes are such wonderful companions. We were all heartbroken when ours passed away. But our neighbors were so afraid of them! They just couldn't understand how gentle and loving these dogs were.

Gwen,

I am now mush inside! Your girl is pretty but that puppy shot of your Harlequin..... Drake was full grown and 4 years old when we got him for a rescue group so we didn't get to see him as a puppy! You have just given me a clue as to what he would look like!

We have no idea how tall drake is but he weighted 143lbs the last time we were at the vet. I think, if we get more dogs after these two cross over the rainbow bridge, they will be Danes. Just have to see how we do with the heartbreak of losing one and I know it's not gonna be easier just by last week.

Hmmm...think long and hard about a Dane puppy. They are terribly rambuctious, not laid back and mannerly like yours is now. They need a lot of play time. They think they are little dogs and will walk under furniture (tables or chairs) and get stuck. They are so uncoordinated that you can't help laughing at them. Their bodies grow much faster than they mature. Their maintenance is time consuming, especially if you get their ears cropped (also expensive). And a good Dane puppy carries a high price tag! But having said all that, I'll also say how wonderful and fun they are!

Hmmm...think long and hard about a Dane puppy. They are terribly rambuctious, not laid back and mannerly like yours is now. They need a lot of play time. They think they are little dogs and will walk under furniture (tables or chairs) and get stuck. They are so uncoordinated that you can't help laughing at them. Their bodies grow much faster than they mature. Their maintenance is time consuming, especially if you get their ears cropped (also expensive). And a good Dane puppy carries a high price tag! But having said all that, I'll also say how wonderful and fun they are!

I'd have to think really long and really hard about a puppy period. I don't mind rambunctious but I do mind house breaking. Despite the fact that I know how to do it easily. Knowing us, we'd probably get one from the same rescue we got our boy now.... so who knows.