• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The four of you, who will remain nameless, Cherie, Dave, Bob, and Bill, have taken a perfectly innocent TR and brought it down to the depths of depravity and vulgarism that is beneath even the four of

I think I can help out here. I'm not real strong in my Russian, but I do believe it translates to "hey, the f*ing dog pooped in the trailer and I'm out of vodka."

Looks like a good option also! Thanks!!

Wow! This is quite the TR! It took me awhile to catch up, but I finally did it. I have really enjoyed following along on your trip! It's almost like being there myself. Such great pictures and the pop quiz's are fun since I love history!

There is another TR out there that has the first six months of our rving adventure....just can't remember the name if it. Lol

Wordy Update - Was Doodle Channeling Something When She Picked The Name Of This TR

Was Doodle channeling or predicting the future when she hit upon that name for my TR? Honestly, at time I feel as if I'm in a perpetual circle this last 4 months and I feel as if I've lived a year in that short time.

I have a theory about fulltiming. It think there are phases-

Phase one - I have the best life! Look at me, look what all I can do and see.

Phase two - I am tired of telling my story every week. I wish someone here knew me.

Phase three- Let's join a club to give us some kind of community. (yes, I know some people do not need this but most of us do)

Phase four - Choice #1 Homebase. This can be an RV park near family, six months of hanging out at the beach with friends, or buying a small house but always hitting the road for a few months at a time.

Phase four - Choice #2 Returning to the Roots. Returning to your roots as a weekend/vacation warrior or deciding you don't like the whole rv thing anymore ... thank you very much.

Phase five - Retiring the Rig. This phase separates lifers from the rest of the RVers. A lifer settles into an RV park model in an RV park surrounded by other lifers and other fulltimers. They have created their community and don't wish to leave it thank you very much.

We are headed to the coast of somewhere beautiful in Texas for a rest. We have some decisions to make about our lifestyle. We knew, due to the age of our kids, that our time on the road would be limited. We promised the kids that if just one family member wanted to stop then it was time to reassess our lifestyle. That child has stepped forward and frankly we have reached a level of travel exhaustion (do not worry the Fort is not included in that exhaustion) that can't be ignored. We have decided to throw aside our plans and head somewhere for a long rest leading up to our Fort visit.

Now to be honest this, like everything else so far, could change. Strangely enough, we have made one big circle before getting to the World........ not to worry this TR doesn't end until I get to the World. It's updates just might get a little more sporadic.

That all makes sense, Nicki. Except I don't remember what the title of the thread stands for. :rofl3: In any case, I have loved sharing the evolving story of your travels with you, regardless of where you have ended up.

let's see if I can remember it

Circling the states to get to the word - yes, it really does take six months to get to the fort????

maybe but I'm not sure

Nicki- That was a very insightful post. It's interesting to hear what fulltiming is really like. I respect the fact that everyone in your family gets a voice. I think your kids will look back with appreciation on that. Have a great time wherever you go, I am glad to hear that the Fort is still in your plans.

TCD

Fulltiming is amazing. How can your kids learn a voice if you don't give them a choice or a voice?

As for the Fort.... I'll just be more rested.

Edited to add - see next page for what I really meant to say....as this was a poor attempt at a comment.

Nicki, I envy everything you have done in the time I've known you. I know you will always do what is best for you family. Get some rest and be ready to party with me at the Fort!!

sounds like i'm gonna need that rest! I'm counting the days.

I can understand all of your phases. Do what works for you & your family, that's all that matters.

We may even still be here when you do give an update. ^-^

You will be here.... or else I'll come and sit on you little woman:p

Edited by Nicki aka Rebelstand

Nicki- That was a very insightful post. It's interesting to hear what fulltiming is really like. I respect the fact that everyone in your family gets a voice. I think your kids will look back with appreciation on that. Have a great time wherever you go, I am glad to hear that the Fort is still in your plans.

TCD

Fulltiming is amazing. How can your kids learn a voice if you don't give them a choice or a voice?

As for the Fort.... I'll just be more rested.

In hind sight I didn't answer that one how I thought I did. It almost sounds preachy and know it all.

What I meant to say is -

Fulltiming is amazing but kids sometimes do need the stability of the "normal". Many times parents are forced or choose to make choices in their lives that don't suit the children's best needs. We try, within reason to allow them to voice their concerns as long as it's done respectfully. We felt that living in an RV was such a big step that if it was making anyone unhappy it should be addressed. Trust me.... small spaces don't necessarily create problems but it certainly amplify them.

Nicki, you have certainly given me a different perspective on what full timing is all about. For years I've tried to talk David into selling the house, but he's always felt like he needs a home base to return to if needed. After reading about your journeys I'm beginning to think he's right. Maybe 2-3 months at a time would be ideal for us.

I applaud you big time for allowing your children to voice their concerns and feelings and for acting on them.

Nicki, you have certainly given me a different perspective on what full timing is all about. For years I've tried to talk David into selling the house, but he's always felt like he needs a home base to return to if needed. After reading about your journeys I'm beginning to think he's right. Maybe 2-3 months at a time would be ideal for us.

I applaud you big time for allowing your children to voice their concerns and feelings and for acting on them.

This life only works if everyone is getting some of what they wanted. If he feels strongly about a home base and you talk him into selling it ... then you reach the tired need some rest stage.... boy would he be mad at you.

Nicky this has been a great ride and I think it's great you did with your kids, I am getting ready to retire and hope to travel alot in our rv and could not think I would have lasted as long as you did if my boys were with us. I am sure you will do what's best for all involved but the kids will have alot to look back on. How is the new camper holding up and I wish I could have caught up with you all as there were a few times you were within a hour or so of us but the stars did not line up to allow it. Good luck and looking forward to the addition of the Fort to this report.

Nicky this has been a great ride and I think it's great you did with your kids, I am getting ready to retire and hope to travel alot in our rv and could not think I would have lasted as long as you did if my boys were with us. I am sure you will do what's best for all involved but the kids will have alot to look back on. How is the new camper holding up and I wish I could have caught up with you all as there were a few times you were within a hour or so of us but the stars did not line up to allow it. Good luck and looking forward to the addition of the Fort to this report.

The new Rv is holding up great. I wish we could have caught up with you too. Our schedule this last 6 months is particular has been... well spastic comes to mind. Not to worry, we have several Fort trips planned for this year.....

You will be here.... or else I'll come and sit on you little woman:p

I'm just teasing you, of course I'll be here! Well, unless I'm dead, and then you wouldn't want to sit on me anyhow. Ewwww :wacko:

I'm just teasing you, of course I'll be here! Well, unless I'm dead, and then you wouldn't want to sit on me anyhow. Ewwww :wacko:

I know and i'm just teasing you too... I think. :P

And no I don't think I will sit on you if you are dead. People at your funeral would stare at me and Tow Nater might try to hurt me....

Finally! Can you smell it? Deadfish, ocean breeze, salt air?

We are on the Ferry!

Image+1.jpg

Can you see that bit of land over yonder? That is our destination.

Image+3.jpg

It's about time. The RV is unhitched, the trailer has been cleaned, the groceries have been bought, dinner has been eaten, and now it is FINALLY time for a nice long walk in the surf.

Image+5.jpg

Here is another for TCD, and surprise it's not a sunset.

Sunrise O'er Yonder Sand Dune

(by artsy fartsy husband... do you really think I was up early enough for that one?)

Image.jpg

Now, that's more like it. Morning walk and it's on the beach.

Image+7.jpg

We witnessed the neatest thing this morning. The big wave comes in, 10 to 100 tiny shells wash up and as the wave recedes they slowly land upon the shore. They quickly begin to "sink" into the sand and then you realize they aren't "sinking" but trying to bury themselves before the birds get them. We also so an Egret (we think), a little bird that runs along the beach, and a Pelican this morning. Not a bad start to the day.....