This is my first poston FF and we are planning our first family trip to FW. My last FW trip was in the 70s! Man, River Country was Fun.

I remember a fiberglass tree stump trash can at the campsite and almost falling out of the last row on the last tram car on a latenight trip back from MK.

Now we are taking my DW and my kids DD8 and DD13 to see EPCOT. They've been to MK a couple of times. I'm hoping that we start making this a semi-annual event now that we have a PUP.

Short trip - Friday June 22 to Tue June 26.

Thinking about requesting Loop 1500. The kids want to go to the pool a lot. I'm gonna try to make the reservations tomorrow. Wish me luck.

We have a new to us Forest River Popup. Every single weekend this year so far I've had to work or bad weather or something else. Hopefully I get some kind of trip before the FW trip. New TV - 2012 Kia Sorento. I still need to see how she tows. I intalled the frame mounted Hitch last weekend. Lookin' good so far. I still have some mods to do to the PUP before the next camping trip.

I can't wait!

BTW: I had the accronym post open while writing this til I get them down. Each blog has its own list to memorize. LOL.

Tom

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey you know I graduated in 1980, I have the cool Disco moves!

Are you guys playing with my head? ACampingWeWillGo, aka Dewey, well, to me anyway, just joined and now we have thDewey. Is this a conspiracy to drive me crazy, too late? Is this you, Bob or Dave?

The worst thing about the coquina is that it sticks to everything when it's wet. I am not sure I agree that it's a lot better than sand. I am not sure where you saw dirty sand in Florida, but on the G

Posted Images

Is Loop 1500 OK? I haven't heard much about it on FF. I am camping with three Ladies. They want to be near a CS, but probably not close enough to hear the door slam all night. Been there before!

What day of the week should we visit EPCOT?

Man it's been really cool reading about the history of FW and WDW.

Welcome, ThDewey.

Yes, the 1500 loop is OK.

It is one of the two partial hook-up loops. The other one is the 2000 loop.

There are 21 sites on the 1500 loop, and 69 sites on the 2000 loop. The 2000 loop has two comfort stations. The 1500 loop has one, and it is shared with the 1600 loop.

So, the odds are greater that you will be assigned to the 2000 loop than the 1500 loop. But, you can request the 1500 loop when you make your reservation.

As for the best day to visit Epcot, I would say any weekday when it is not a morning EMH there.

TCD

Are you guys playing with my head?

ACampingWeWillGo, aka Dewey, well, to me anyway, just joined and now we have thDewey.

Is this a conspiracy to drive me crazy, too late?

Is this you, Bob or Dave?

Dave who?

If you are referring to me, then no, I am not trying to drive you crazy. It's not that driving you crazy wouldn't be fun, but it would be a senseless exercize. Kind of like trying to drive a corpse to an early grave. There just isn't far to go.

Dave who?

If you are referring to me, then no, I am not trying to drive you crazy. It's not that driving you crazy wouldn't be fun, but it would be a senseless exercize. Kind of like trying to drive a corpse to an early grave. There just isn't far to go.

I'm new here and besides I'm not qualified to judge your mental state or wither anyone is trying to drive you crazy @ FF. :rofl3:

But no, I'm Tom Dewey.

Nice to meet you Lou

:rofl3:

Dave who?

see the above!

Welcome Tom Dewey!!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy the "New" PUP and your return to the Fort. As far as confusing Lou, BE CAREFUL, remember "Old age and cunning will always (in the end) overcome youth and enthusiasm" :wheelchair:

Welcome. warning you will be very addicted. If you have touble getting a reservation (or even if you don't) if you go to the main page there is a great Travel Agent that advertises here. She is great at getting reservations and it doesn't cost you anything. Her name is Judy. Fiesty Fun Time Travel. All her info is listed

Welcome Tom. We are pup owners too. We have stayed in the 2000 loop and it is quiet and shady. The 1500 is much smaller, sites closer together, and much easier to get to the pool from. Do a you tube search for Fort Wilderness 1500 loop and then 2000 loop. TiggnTaz have posted a video there of both loops.

YC