Lions and Tigers and FrIENDS....Oh My!

It's time for our annual May trip to the Fort.

Since we are here for the whole month of May, this will be a very sporatic trip report. Now that wifi is free, we did manage to snag one of Disney's cable routers to make picture uploading a little faster than using our Verizon Mifi.

You can find us in site 401...stop by and visit for a while if you're in the area.

Here we are on final approach. The guy ahead of us couldn't decide which way he wanted to go.

DSCN9997-1.jpg

On Tuesday at noon time there was very little traffic. The skies were slightly overcast. Has anybody noticed they took out the concrete dividers between the lines? No more scuffed tires. Now if they would just remove the speed bumps. :argh:

DSCN0005-1.jpg

Aaahhhh! We've finally arrived!

DSCN0009-1.jpg

No line up at security. The flowers in this area are looking very nice.

DSCN0012-1.jpg

Not very busy at check-in either.

DSCN0014-1.jpg

This is Eddie who checked us in. The good news...we got one of our requested sites. The bad news...it was still occupied (at Noon) and we had to go to the holding area.

DSCN0017-1.jpg

Look who's along on this trip...my favorite little Chick Magnet and Fiend Greeter, Aiden!

DSCN0022-1.jpg

While having lunch and waiting in the holding area for our site to be ready, we saw these turkeys.

DSCN0032-1.jpg

This guy was huge! Unfortunately it's just too darn early for Thanksgiving!

DSCN0030-1.jpg

An hour later our site was finally ready. We were told the hold up was that the prior site occupants decided 11AM check out did not apply to them so they stayed until 1 PM before leaving. Of course, there were many other sites to choose from but we like the corner site for it's ease to walk to the MK boats, Crockett's and the playgrounds.

And that's just what we did after getting set up...we took a walk to Crockett's and ordered a pizza to have on the porch.

We saw that the bicycle rack had been moved. But, that doesn't matter because you just park your bikes against the fence anyway.

DSCN0034-1.jpg

I guess this guy decided the bike rack was too far away so he parked right in front of the porch and went in to get a take out dinner.

DSCN0035-1.jpg

"Doug" (the horse) was busy tonight giving rides to couples and families. The flowers here are getting a little sparse - time for some new ones.

DSCN0043-1.jpg

Spent a little time with Aiden at the playground but it was getting dark and our bellies were full. Time to walk back.

DSCN0042-1.jpg

Made a detour through the Trading Post and found these little beauties. The CMs said the mugs sell faster then they can even put them out and there are very few left from this shipment which came in a couple weeks ago (when TCD was doing his WDW pop from the Pop). If anybody coming for Memorial weekend wants one I will be happy to pick it up and hold it until you get here.

DSCN0049-1.jpg

DSCN0061-1.jpg

We walked back past Feisty's site and noticed the addition of a barrel to the barrier poles. I think somebody must have already run into the barrel - notice how one of the bottom rings is falling off.

DSCN0046-1.jpg

These folks are across the walkway. I like their signs (Looks like they just have room to add a Snarky license plate).

DSCN0048-1.jpg

Just as we got back to our site along came a Fiend...fladogfan aka Gretchen. We had a nice chat and I learned some interesting information about dog sledding. If you haven't done so already, be sure to visit the Red Tail Hawk Cam link that Gretchen posted. We got to see the babies in the nest. It got dark before I remembered that I didn't take a picture so Gretchen will have to come back for another visit and photo op.

And so ends our first day back at the Fort.

Aiden is looking forward to going on safari and finding some lions and tigers (and maybe bears), so hopefully we'll have some Animal Kingdom pictures to share in the next post.

Thanks for reading along.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes it does, but it's totally out of control.

You're not helping my street cred with talk like that.

The prince has been waiting and watching for his princess.... Stef arrived today.... There's been a whole lot of :hah: HUGGING going on!!

I'm in and I want 2 mugs! We won't be there until June 1. How can we work this out? PM me if you think you we can pull it off. They were all gone when we were there at Easter and I don't want to risk them being gone before we get back in June.

YC...Eric

DSCN0022-1.jpg

10010412.gif You know once I saw this picture, the rest of the TR sounded like blah, blah, blah. :))

I can't wait to see my Prince Aiden!!

Hope you guys have a blast, and I'll see you all on the 23rd. :wave1:

Karla-

It's great to see a new trip report from you!

You are off to a great start.

I have not seen the new Ft. Wilderness pin before, or that barrel by Feisty's site, so I have already seen two new things.

I hope that y'all have a great stay.

And I'm looking forward to a lot more photos.

I know you can find lions and tigers at AK.

I'm not sure about bears, though.

TCD

Thanks all!

I'm the one who asked the questions that jacked the thread - my bad, sorry!

Thank you for these great photos! I want to pick up the phone and book right now. No free weekends though :( Who signed my children up for all of these darn activities and sports??? Oh right. That was me.

I'm in!!

Hi TJ – sorry no food or bacon pictures yet.

I was just thinking it's time someone starts a new trip report! :jumpforjoy

Welcome Aboard! :heart: for Anna and your girls! Anna sure is cute and growing up so fast.

I'm in and I want 2 mugs! We won't be there until June 1. How can we work this out? PM me if you think you we can pull it off. They were all gone when we were there at Easter and I don't want to risk them being gone before we get back in June.

YC...Eric

So sorry we will miss you!

I want a mug too but won't be there til Halloween (hopefully) and then December. Hey Lou........want to shop for a mug for me?

Maybe by Halloween they will figure out how to order bigger lots of mugs....well, probably not!!

I'm in! I'll be there memorial day weekend. I'll be sure to look for you.

Looking forward to meeting more Fiends. We will bring our "official Fiend greeter" to you.

I'm in!

Welcome!! I've been reading your CTSTGTTW-YIRDTSMTGTTF trip report too!

10010412.gifYou know once I saw this picture, the rest of the TR sounded like blah, blah, blah. :))

I can't wait to see my Prince Aiden!!

Hope you guys have a blast, and I'll see you all on the 23rd. :wave1:

Your prince has missed you too! He is also patiently waiting to see Mason again.

it did take some time to move beyond the cuteness to finish the post!

Another victim Fiend falls prey to the "chick magnet" :rofl:

Will you adopt me. I won't fit on the dashboard, but you can just strap me to the roof. please.

:hugs2: :batman:

More please!

Thanks for sharing. :heart:

Hop on board (as long as you can catch us as we zoom on down I-95)...hope you can run real fast. ^-^

Karla-

It's great to see a new trip report from you!

You are off to a great start.

I have not seen the new Ft. Wilderness pin before, or that barrel by Feisty's site, so I have already seen two new things.

I hope that y'all have a great stay.

And I'm looking forward to a lot more photos.

I know you can find lions and tigers at AK.

I'm not sure about bears, though.

TCD

Thanks TCD! By the way...in this TR there will be a couple of pictures of particular interest for you.

And, we will find bears somewhere (that's call foreshadowing - I learned that from TCD reports ;D)

I am in! Cant wait for my first trip to the fort!

A Fort newbie!!! Yeah!!! Welcome!!! :wave1:

I'm hooked!

....and we haven't even been to Bob's fishing dock yet!

Weeee! I'm along for the ride too!!!

It will be a slow ride all month...the Fort is my happy place where I come to relax.

Awesome!! Can't wait to read more!!

Hi Carol! Wish there had been more time to sit and chat last March!

Count me in too! Aiden is growing up so fast! What a cutie!

They grow so fast and get cuter every day. Of course, I'm not at all prejudice. ::)

Just an FYI For anyone else interested, I called 1-877-569-6477 and was able to order two of the mugs!

Thanks for your kind offer to get mugs for us!

YC

No problem...glad you were able to get them!

I love this! Wonder if there are instructions online somewhere.

YC, what did they get you for shipping on the mugs?

Seems like they are pretty easy to make if you're handy with pvc cement and a saw. That means it's NOT a job for me to take on!

WARNING THREADJACK

For flag pole plans see below. I am not affiliated with this site, just sharing. Googled, "PVC flag pole".

I imagine you could use a T joint and a piece of PVC for the plate holder/arm.

http://www.google.co...ved=0CBUQ9QEwAQ

END THREADJACK

Aren't threadjacks part of the fun??

WOW on the First Page NO LESS!

Guess maybe I should get some more pictures posted quickly!