Tow Nater Celebrates At The Fort

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope that wasn't my guess. I thought it might be because the male carries the eggs till term. Which to me anyway sounds like a pretty good deal! :)

Updates are fast and furious! I have never been in the Norway church either. I'll have to check it out. It's amazing what the 'ritas will do to you on a hot day like that. If I am ever there at th

Hooray for Tow Nater!!! Y'all are like the Incredibles at the Fort. A family of superheroes! Trevor is snake man. Nathen is Tow Nater. Stef is Banana girl. She will get rid of any unwanted bananas in

Updates are fast and furious! I have never been in the Norway church either. I'll have to check it out. It's amazing what the 'ritas will do to you on a hot day like that. If I am ever there at the same time as you, you'll probably catch me lurking around your lamp post. I showed it to my wife last night and we both love it! I think I read on another thread that you are going to make the matching Minnie post? That should be pretty wicked awesome when you have both. (All references to the term "wicked awesome" are due to another fiends recent trip to Boston and in honor of Lou's Boston knowledge.....I cannot be held responsible). Now we resume our regulary schedule TR response post. Mmm....buffalo chicken sandwiches...

:laugh: I can't wait to meet you! I just read your post in the football thread and laughed out loud. It's a bonus that you're another Jr fan that I can pick on.

Yes, I am making a Minnie lamp. Hubby prepped the can yesterday. It had a couple good dents in it, but what do you expect for a can that's dated 1950?!

Buffalo chicken sandwiches are wicked delicious! ;)

what could Stef be up to now?

Unfortunately still only 4' 10" :hah:

Update coming soon!

Mmmmmm, buffalo chicken sammiches.

And thank you for the pic of those caramel thingys. Shortbread? If so, I notice you neglected to use their proper terminology. Afraid of the snarky comments?

Dave I'm not sure what they were called to be honest. They did have a shortbread type cookie on the bottom, and they were so rich it took me about 30 minutes to eat it!

I'm never afraid of short jokes. I think I've heard them all after 41 years.

Do you really want to bring up drunk texts later? I have a few to share at this point in the TR.....

Oh yes, we are going there!! Have you been frog giggin lately? ^-^

Stef-

I loved the tour around the world! Your photos and narrative are A+!

Looking forward to hearing where you and Trevor went on the bus.

TCD

Thank you. :worship: *I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy*

Looks like you and Nate had a great Mom and son day!!

We did! They are so few & far between anymore that they are extra special now. No matter how big he gets, he'll always be my baby boy.

I'm feeling quite intercontinential. :)

Oh, I'm so sorry. Do you have to wear Depends? Never mind, wrong word. ;D

Thanks for the compliments, but I must be honest. I was doing good with the Hello's...until I came to the Morocco pics. ??? Thank God for Google.

Wonderful update!! I LOVE wandering World Showcase!!

Me too Carol! I always seem to see something that I've never noticed before. The only problem I have is deciding what I want to eat/drink. One could go broke fast in there.

I'm caught up for now! Loving this TR!! I would like to put in an order for one of those big hugs that Aiden got! What an darling picture!!

Misty, glad to have you along. I have much more to come.

I would love to give you a big hug!! (Oh damn, you mean you want one FROM Aiden, huh?) :banghead:

Ok folks, because it's another rainy day in central Florida we should be able to get a few updates in. Geez, I haven't even got through Thursday yet!

After Nate left for Bass Pro, Trevor and I hopped a bus to Downtown.

Some Outpost pics.

fortMay2012316.jpg

fortMay2012315.jpg

fortMay2012317.jpg

Since we had already eaten, we did a little shopping and then sat down with a drink to people watch. My mother always taught me: If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Let's just say it was an eye-opening experience and leave it at that.

Some Downtown Disney pics.

fortMay2012318.jpg

fortMay2012319.jpg

The DJ was setting up on stage, but we weren't sure what he was doing until we strolled back later on and he had all the kids up dancing. It took everything I had not to join them!

fortMay2012320.jpg

fortMay2012321.jpg

fortMay2012322.jpg

fortMay2012323.jpg

We got out of there just in time. When we got to our bus stop, the buses that were unloading seemed to be FULL of teenagers. We arrived back at the Fort and ran down to the store to grab a bag of ice.

I stayed in the cart and took a couple pics because it seemed to be taking Trevor forever.

fortMay2012324.jpg

fortMay2012325.jpg

What I didn't know was that Trevor was playing the hero. It seems that there was a snake coiled up, half out of the siding at the Settlement trading post and everyone was in a tizzy! Trev walked out, saw that it was a yellow rat snake, picked it up and took it down to the bushes. The CM's thanked him as if he just handled an anaconda. Crisis averted, they did not have to call in the managers, the animal handlers, the rangers..... you know how it goes. ::)

We got back right before Nate & Amanda did. I noticed I had missed a call from Lou while on the bus, but it was late and I didn't want to wake him (he is old, ya know)

Sorry I missed you Lou! :heart:

Nathen's official birthday was the next day, and we were going to do whatever he wanted to do, so we settled in for the night. Even Mason fell asleep with his new fish toy that Nate bought him at Bass Pro.

fortMay2012327.jpg

Looks like a nice evening. Mason looks beat!

Yeah, the Fort (and Aiden) wear him out! The good thing is he sleeps the first few days we are home and I can work on a TR.

I guess there are not photos of Trevor and the snake?

Fail!

TCD

I know! I told him he should have yelled for me, but he said the CM's in the store were in panic mode so he just got rid of it.

:clint:

:naughtywave: No pictures of Trevor and his snake!

Trevor IS a hero!! There is no such thing as just a snake, they are all evil terrible things! I know, I know some are beneficial, I just don't want to meet any.

Another great night and a crisis averted!! Ready for more!

More coming right up....and I agree about the snakes. Thank God he loves them because I would have run the other way. I freak out when the black snakes come out in my yard and he calmly walks over and moves them. Gives me the heebie-jeebies!

:laugh: I can't wait to meet you! I just read your post in the football thread and laughed out loud. It's a bonus that you're another Jr fan that I can pick on.

Yes, I am making a Minnie lamp. Hubby prepped the can yesterday. It had a couple good dents in it, but what do you expect for a can that's dated 1950?!

Buffalo chicken sandwiches are wicked delicious! ;)

I can't wait to meet you and the other fiends as well. Thanks!

It's a good thing Trevor was there and not me. I admit I would have just kept walking and said to myself, "Good luck with that." Me being from Michigan, I have seen three types of snakes outside of a zoo: garter, blue racer, and massasauga rattler. I don't like any of them but definitely not going near one that I have not seen before.....I am alot like Dr. Jones that way.

May 25th ~ Happy Birthday Nate!!

I was so excited! I had brought gifts and cake and a couple of decorations to hang up while he was still sleeping. I woke up early, got on FF and got a pm from Judy (Fiesty) to wish Nate a Happy Birthday. I could also hear his phone blowing up with texts with more birthday wishes. When I went inside, I saw this.

fortMay2012326.jpg

I guess I was the only one that was excited.

I set up the birthday table and waited until sleepy heads woke up.

fortMay2012328.jpg

Finally they mosied out and he opened up his cards and presents.

fortMay2012330.jpg

fortMay2012331.jpg

fortMay2012332.jpg

And finally the big red boxes that I had stashed in the rv and had made him crazy for the last 2 days!

fortMay2012329.jpg

fortMay2012333.jpg

fortMay2012334.jpg

fortMay2012336.jpg

New extendable towing mirrors for his truck! Boy, I miss the days when all he wanted were Matchbox cars. 8)

Like any boy with a new toy, they had to be installed NOW.

fortMay2012337.jpg

If all else fails, read the instructions.

fortMay2012338.jpg

I cleaned up and put some potatoes in the crock pot for dinner.

After the truck was reassembled, we put Nate in charge of our plans for the day. He didn't have any must-dos so we thought today would be a good day to hit Hollywood Studios. I was bound and determined to find that green Yoda shirt that TCD spotted in his TR.

On the cart to the front.

fortMay2012002.jpg

The outpost parking was filling up fast.

fortMay2012339.jpg

My goofballs posing.

fortMay2012340.jpg

Please keep in mind that I now have double the amount of pictures I would normally have, because Amanda was taking them too!

Let me know when your eyes gloss over.

On the bus.

fortMay2012342.jpg

fortMay2012341.jpg

We arrived safely and made a beeline for Star Tours in search of my shirt.

fortMay2012344.jpg

Stopping to give Walt some love.

fortMay2012345.jpg

Holy big crowds Batman!! Trevor and I are a good combo when it comes to crowds. I have the tiny size and speed to weave and bob when needed, Trevor has the height to navigate and tell me which way to weave.

We searched high & low for the shirt, but no luck. We asked a manager type lady who told us to try Darth's Mall. I was all for getting out of this area with all the Star Wars fans, so Darth's Mall it is!

Chewie was out signing autographs, but I didn't want to wait in the madness so I just took his picture.

fortMay2012346.jpg

fortMay2012347.jpg

If Yoda had made an appearance, I would have waited an hour. Instead I settled for his banner.

fortMay2012005.jpg

We arrived at Darth's Mall

fortMay2012351.jpg

Still no Yoda shirt!! I did get to see the picture from TCD's report that I would love to buy (If it wasn't $500)

fortMay2012353.jpg

It was packed in there too, but I have to say they did an excellent job with the crowds. I waited in line for about 5 minutes for my purchase and was outta there.

What did I buy, you ask? I settled for an Ewok shirt.

fortMay2012536.jpg

Now it's getting extremely hot and crowded. The one and only reason I came to this park was a failure, now what?!

BTW, every man needs a good set of tow mirrors. It's a prerequisite to a man card.

True. But there are exceptions. See below. :beathorse:

food, reptiles, & auto repair now this is my kind of TR!! That's a sweet set of mirrors

Exception: You can't have your man card back until you drop Jr. :rofl2:

Glad Nate had a great Birthday! :jumpforjoy

SO Sorry you couldn't find the shirt......especially since you forgot mine........ :clint:

Another update today! Is the search for the yoda t-shirt over. Staying tuned.

My Yoda search is over....UNLESS I can sweet talk another member who is going back for more SWW to pick one up for me.

8)

Happy Birthday, Nate!! Hope you had a great day!!

No Yoda shirt! I do like Chewie though!

Thanks doodle, and I agree Chewie is cute, but HUGE!

take the morning off and she goes crazy with the updates.

Hang in there Nick, I'm getting ready for another one!

I caught the different mirrors in your first post. You snuck in a pic of the camp from later in the week......sneaky.

BTW, every man needs a good set of tow mirrors. It's a prerequisite to a man card.

:bellringer: You are definitely a man!!

You are absolutely correct. I realized later in the week that I had forgotten to take set-up site pictures, so I did them later. I thought someone would notice the sun coming up in those shots, but I never thought someone would notice the mirrors. Hell, I didn't even notice. Good eyes!!!

food, reptiles, & auto repair now this is my kind of TR!! That's a sweet set of mirrors

You can take a man out of the country, but you can't take the country out of a man! They will repair, modify, duct tape, etc....no matter where they are.

Stay tuned to this report, it gets even more redneck!

SO Sorry you couldn't find the shirt......especially since you forgot mine........ :clint:

I'm so sorry! I blame it on the beer...and Dave.

I like the mirrors.

And the ewok shirt.

Sorry they didn't have any of the Yoda shirts for you.

Did you look in the kid's section?

TCD

I looked in every section! In fact my ewok shirt is a kids. Karla told me on Sunday that she saw them during the day when she was there, so they must have sold out of them when I was there. I didn't get a chance to go back.

Nathen's reluctance to wear his birthday button has officially gone out the window by now. After that exhausting shopping expedition he decides to get some ice cream for him & Amanda. We have decided after the ice cream, we are going to run, not walk, out of a crowded park.

Nathen goes to the ice cream counter and orders 1 mint chocolate chip and 1 cookies & cream. The CM behind the counter tells him Happy Birthday and hands him both of those plus an extra cookies & cream.

Have I mentioned that it's HOT? Well, before he can make it back to where we are seated, one scoop of the mint chocolate falls right off the cone and he catches it in the crook of his arm (and stomach) Can you say STICKY MESS?

I tell him to go ask for a cup of water so he can rinse off his arm, and when he does the CM gives him another cookies & cream for his troubles. 4 for the price of 2!

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!

fortMay2012354.jpg

fortMay2012355.jpg

fortMay2012357.jpg

fortMay2012358.jpg

fortMay2012359.jpg

We have ice cream running down our faces, hands and arms and the crowds are swarming so we head towards the exit with a quick stop at the bathrooms to wash off the sticky.

fortMay2012006.jpg

A couple shots before we left.

fortMay2012350.jpg

fortMay2012349.jpg

fortMay2012360.jpg

Of course, the boys had to scope out the truck.

fortMay2012361.jpg

fortMay2012362.jpg

But I'll take a man any day...even if he's a wooden man. Bo was a perfect gentlemen.

fortMay2012365.jpg

fortMay2012363.jpg

fortMay2012364.jpg

We exited the gates and headed for the Fort bus stop.

fortMay2012366.jpg

Nate asked Amanda to hold his water.

fortMay2012367.jpg

Again, we are on a bus!

fortMay2012368.jpg

fortMay2012010.jpg

It's only about noon at this point, so the old folks (Trevor & I) go back to site 550 for some relaxing time, and the kids take off on their own adventure.

I will share their pics in the next update, and then we truly celebrate Nate's birthday! :doublebeer: