Tow Nater Celebrates At The Fort

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope that wasn't my guess. I thought it might be because the male carries the eggs till term. Which to me anyway sounds like a pretty good deal! :)

Updates are fast and furious! I have never been in the Norway church either. I'll have to check it out. It's amazing what the 'ritas will do to you on a hot day like that. If I am ever there at th

Hooray for Tow Nater!!! Y'all are like the Incredibles at the Fort. A family of superheroes! Trevor is snake man. Nathen is Tow Nater. Stef is Banana girl. She will get rid of any unwanted bananas in

You've got me to thinking here . . .

I have an old birthday button lying around from my last birthday. . .

And I like ice cream.

TCD

That reminds me. I'll be on the Fantasy for my Birthday next year. Do they have Birthday buttons on the cruise ships, or do I need to get one in advance from WDW to wear on the cruise??

:laugh: I can't wait to meet you! I just read your post in the football thread and laughed out loud. It's a bonus that you're another Jr fan that I can pick on.

Yes, I am making a Minnie lamp. Hubby prepped the can yesterday. It had a couple good dents in it, but what do you expect for a can that's dated 1950?!

Buffalo chicken sandwiches are wicked delicious! ;)

Unfortunately still only 4' 10" :hah:

Update coming soon!

Dave I'm not sure what they were called to be honest. They did have a shortbread type cookie on the bottom, and they were so rich it took me about 30 minutes to eat it!

I'm never afraid of short jokes. I think I've heard them all after 41 years.

Oh yes, we are going there!! Have you been frog giggin lately? ^-^

Thank you. :worship: *I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy*

We did! They are so few & far between anymore that they are extra special now. No matter how big he gets, he'll always be my baby boy.

Oh, I'm so sorry. Do you have to wear Depends? Never mind, wrong word. ;D

Thanks for the compliments, but I must be honest. I was doing good with the Hello's...until I came to the Morocco pics. ??? Thank God for Google.

Me too Carol! I always seem to see something that I've never noticed before. The only problem I have is deciding what I want to eat/drink. One could go broke fast in there.

Misty, glad to have you along. I have much more to come.

I would love to give you a big hug!! (Oh damn, you mean you want one FROM Aiden, huh?) :banghead:

Glad to be along and I'll definitely take one from you!! ( I'm trying to find that darn hugging icon, but can't seem to figure out where it is...anyway HUGS!!!)

Stef,

I have to say that I love the all-American, Southern redneckery, down to earth, lifted chevy driving, camo clad, snake catching, take no sh!t, good time having, water bottle boob holding, solo cup aura that your family has. The lack of people like you guys are what's wrong with this country. Amen?

Great TR

I can't wait until my husband & I can make it down to Fort Wilderness to meet all of you. :heartsmiley: (Hopefully Oct. 2013)

You sound like such a great bunch of people.

Thanks Michele! I hope you can make it down soon. I'd love to meet you!

another great update!.....ice cream sounds good....i think i will do that after little league tonight

I'm not a big ice cream fan, but who can turn down free at Disney? It was really good too on such a hot day.

Cool!! Free ice cream!! Can't beat that!!!

Amen! Free always makes things taste better.

You've got me to thinking here . . .

I have an old birthday button lying around from my last birthday. . .

And I like ice cream.

TCD

Ya know, I've never worn a button but it did feel good to have so many people acknowledge his day.

Even when we left Epcot, laughing uncontrollably, a guest got off another bus and said "Nathen, you're having entirely too much fun!" It took me a few minutes to realize how he knew Nathen's name.

:well-duh-smiley:

That reminds me. I'll be on the Fantasy for my Birthday next year. Do they have Birthday buttons on the cruise ships, or do I need to get one in advance from WDW to wear on the cruise??

I would think they would have them on the cruise and I highly recommend getting one! You can't avoid birthdays so you might as well make the most of them. (It sure beats the alternative)

Relaxing at your site sounds like the perfect end to the day.

Well...we only relaxed for a bit. ^-^ That update is coming soon.

Glad to be along and I'll definitely take one from you!! ( I'm trying to find that darn hugging icon, but can't seem to figure out where it is...anyway HUGS!!!)

One big hug for Misty coming up!! :bighug:

you are on fire with the updates. I had some things to say but lost them when I started laughing at Nate's cup holder...

He's surely his fathers son!! No denying that!

Stef,

I have to say that I love the all-American, Southern redneckery, down to earth, lifted chevy driving, camo clad, snake catching, take no sh!t, good time having, water bottle boob holding, solo cup aura that your family has. The lack of people like you guys are what's wrong with this country. Amen?

:blush: Thank you! We're an acquired taste. We can party, be foul mouthed, dirty minded or goofy, but we try our best to be good people.

When I left off, Trevor and I were relaxing at camp and the kids decided to take a boat over to the contemporary. I dropped them off at the marina, but not before taking a picture of my favorite trail at the Fort (which I will show you later)

Amanda took a picture of me taking a picture.

fortMay2012012.jpg

Check out Nate's new crocs that Amanda bought him for his birthday.

fortMay2012011.jpg

I went back to camp and napped for 1/2 hour. Here are some pictures Amanda took on their journey.

fortMay2012013.jpg

fortMay2012014.jpg

fortMay2012015.jpg

fortMay2012016.jpg

fortMay2012017.jpg

fortMay2012018.jpg

fortMay2012019.jpg

I'm not the only one who tortured Nate on his birthday.

fortMay2012020.jpg

They hopped the boat back to the Fort and texted me to come and pick them up. Nate waiting on Mom.

fortMay2012021.jpg

While we were out we did some Fort exploring.

fortMay2012370.jpg

fortMay2012371.jpg

fortMay2012372.jpg

fortMay2012373.jpg

fortMay2012374.jpg

fortMay2012375.jpg

fortMay2012376.jpg

fortMay2012377.jpg

fortMay2012378.jpg

fortMay2012379.jpg

fortMay2012380.jpg

The pool wasn't too bad since it was only Friday.

fortMay2012381.jpg

fortMay2012382.jpg

fortMay2012383.jpg

At this point in our day, birthday boy tells me he's starving!! ^-^ I highly doubt that he was starving, but he knew I was cooking some good stuff. So Trevor fired up the grill and the kids went looping.

While we were grilling, a pretty lady walks up our slab. It was Rhonda (Roz) I chatted with her for a bit before going back to my dinner duties. It was so nice meeting her, I just wish we had more time to talk.

Dinner is served! Grilled NY strips, baked potatoes and corn on the cob.

fortMay2012388.jpg

And we're digesting.

fortMay2012369.jpg

Now, let's party!!

Stef,

I will give you a great big AMEN on that, brother.

Stef, Trevor, Nate and Amanda are quality people!

I loved that last batch of photos, Stef-

Loved Nathen's crocks! I need a pair of those to wear to Gator games.

Loved the Bear Rock photo!

Loved the Steak, Baked Potato and Corn photo!

Nathen and Amanda are the cutest couple I have seen since Bruce and Trevor!

TCD

Me THREE!!!! :heart:

Great update Stef!

Glad ya'll enjoyed the trip, I know you needed it!!!!

But I don't need any bigger mirrors for Tiny.

I love that trail too! Looks like everyone had a relaxing day and some good grub!

I will be posting some pictures of the actual trail (not just me taking the pics)

Awesome birthday gift. I love my extendable mirrors, but I had to buy my own. I have to remember to drop hints with you next time I need something cool.

LOL!! Just give me a bit of time Dave, those mirrors were NOT cheap. I thought kids are supposed to cost you less money as they get older?!?!

Stef, Trevor, Nate and Amanda are quality people!

I loved that last batch of photos, Stef-

Loved Nathen's crocks! I need a pair of those to wear to Gator games.

Loved the Bear Rock photo!

Loved the Steak, Baked Potato and Corn photo!

Nathen and Amanda are the cutest couple I have seen since Bruce and Trevor!

TCD

Aww, you guys are sweet. ImDownWithDisney made my day after reading that this morning.

There is even better good old fashioned redneck-ness coming later in the report.

That's actually Nate's 2nd pair of crocs like that! He loves them.

:lmao1: at Bruce & Trevor! I will be sure to get some good shots of the two of them on their next get together.

Me THREE!!!! :heart:

Great update Stef!

Glad ya'll enjoyed the trip, I know you needed it!!!!

But I don't need any bigger mirrors for Tiny.

Thanks Genia, I DID need it!!

Tiny could use those fun house mirrors that make you look tall. :hah:

Free ice cream is cool! It won't be my birthday when we are there tho. Hmmmmmm...what else can we celebrate?? ;)

Bruce and Trevor's first anniversary!!!anniversarybutton.jpg

Cool update!! Looks like a YUMMMY! dinner

It was delicious! First time ever baking potatoes in the crock pot and they were excellent.

Great update! :thumbsup2: for meeting Rhonda! I've only ever talked to her on the phone but she seems like a very nice person!

Rhonda is super nice, and a very pretty woman!

Loving this report. Seeing how much fun you all have together brightens any day.

Nathan and Amanda are an adorable couple. Like TCD said almost as cute as Trevor and Bruce. BTW, was there ever a decision made for their couple moniker?

Truce?

Brevor?

:yourekillinme:

I like Brevor! Maybe I should have some monogrammed red solo cups made for their first anniversary.

We do have a lot of fun together. I thank God every day that we're such a close family and Amanda fit right in from the beginning. NOTHING is more important to me than my family! :heart:

So dinner is over & we're all stuffed to the gills. The kids decide to go for a bike ride.

fortMay2012027.jpg

Nate got yelled at for riding his bike back by TCD's favorite spot. Some stupid CM told him they're not supposed to be on bikes back there. Nate told her "the sign says No golf carts beyond this point, not No bikes!" She told him the other entrance (by the settlement trading post) did say that!

Whatever....she should be glad that I wasn't with him. :dmmhu:

After the scolding, they came back and we got our party on!

Amanda made some jello shots for the occasion.

Before:

fortMay2012389.jpg

During:

cid__IMG_5859.jpg

fortMay2012023.jpg

fortMay2012022.jpg

fortMay2012024.jpg

fortMay2012392.jpg

fortMay2012391.jpg

After:

fortMay2012390.jpg

After many cocktails, good music, dancing and a cigar, Stef was ready for a shower! Amanda decides she want Wetzels Pretzels from Downtown, so Trevor, Mason and I take them up front.

fortMay2012030.jpg

Pretzel eating shots:

fortMay2012031.jpg

fortMay2012032.jpg

Trevor and I hung back at camp. Genia (who was in Charlotte for the Nascar race) and I were texting back & forth and she wasn't in any better condition than I was. I thought we did well, until I woke up the next morning. I will share that in my next update. ;D

The kids made it back at 10:30, and I remembered that we didn't even cut the cake!!

fortMay2012394.jpg

I wasn't in the best condition to play Birthday party host, so Nate did most of the work.

fortMay2012034.jpg

But I managed to get the candles on (while they laughed at my expense)

*please excuse the fresh out of the shower, no hair combed, drunken lady behind the cake*

fortMay2012038.jpg

fortMay2012395.jpg

We enjoyed the cake (I think) and went to bed!

Tomorrow is Saturday, we don't have any plans, but we're not the sit around types, so of course we made the most of our time!

Trevor and I hung back at camp. Genia (who was in Charlotte for the Nascar race) and I were texting back & forth and she wasn't in any better condition than I was. I thought we did well, until I woke up the next morning. I will share that in my next update. ;D

:beathorse:

*please excuse the fresh out of the shower, no hair combed, drunken lady behind the cake*

fortMay2012038.jpg

Girl, do you wear dentures?! Cause it looks like a toothless no hair combed, drunken lady behind the cake.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

AND, I noticed what type of cigar that was. Wimp!

:clint:

Nate got yelled at for riding his bike back by TCD's favorite spot. Some stupid CM told him they're not supposed to be on bikes back there. Nate told her "the sign says No golf carts beyond this point, not No bikes!" She told him the other entrance (by the settlement trading post) did say that!

Whatever....she should be glad that I wasn't with him.

The castmember was right- for some reason I have yet to discern, the sign by the Settlement TP says no bikes on that path.

Yet, castmembers routinely drive their cars and trucks on it.

Makes no sense to me.

Dumb rule.

And, what's with the pink Solo cups?

That ain't right.

TCD