Tow Nater Celebrates At The Fort

For all the folks who couldn't be at Disney for Memorial Day weekend, I have pictures! TONS of pictures!

It was a great week. We had beautiful weather, a birthday celebration and a lot of laughs. There will be food, heroes, tow trucks, princes, Fort scenery, parks and much more.

Let's time travel back to Wednesday morning, May 23rd, when this trip began.

Our plan was to leave as early as possible Wednesday morning. At this point, I would rather have to sit in the overflow lot waiting on my site, than to be stuck at home even one minute longer. Nate was following us over in his truck and would pick up Amanda at Bass Pro Shops in Orlando on Thursday evening.

*Amanda doesn't make it a habit to hang out in Bass Pro Shops. My mother, who is a travel agent, is taking 16 "gym" people to Costa Rica in June, 2 of which are Amanda & her mother, so they needed to buy some stuff for their trip. Amanda had to work through Thursday so that was the best laid plan to get her to us.*

I worked Wednesday morning, so I was packed and ready to leave by 9:00am. Nathen then informs me that he has to pick up Amanda's bike from her house at 9:30, and then calls me because he can't find his truck keys. UGH! After a frantic search through the cess pool he calls a bedroom, Amanda finds them under her truck seat.

By now, Mason is more than ready to go.

fortMay2012127.jpg

We pull out of the house around 10:00, stop for gas and cash, and head to The World.

fortMay2012128.jpg

We drive to the other side of town and Trevor remembers he bought fuel additive for his truck that he forgot to put in at the gas station. A quick stop at the boat ramp & Nate pulls up beside us to find out what we forgot. <_<

fortMay2012129.jpg

The drive over was uneventful. The nice thing about leaving on a Wednesday is you beat the weekend crowds.

My view for an hour:

fortMay2012130.jpg

The glorious first glimpse of Disney!

fortMay2012131.jpg

fortMay2012132.jpg

Nate slowed down and let us pass him, since the reservation was in my name, AKA, I was footing the bill. Brat.

fortMay2012133.jpg

We'll call these shots "The road to happiness"

fortMay2012135.jpg

fortMay2012137.jpg

fortMay2012138.jpg

fortMay2012139.jpg

TA-DA! At 11:32, we pulled in to the Fort.

fortMay2012140.jpg

fortMay2012141.jpg

fortMay2012142.jpg

Fred checked us in, for the third time.

fortMay2012143.jpg

If you read my December report, this was the CM who made a big production out of "the group" who was in the 500 loop and wanted me to switch so I wouldn't be uncomfortable. I prayed that Fred would work quickly and I would soon be in Fort bliss. Fred recognized our name, chatted for a bit, made Nate a birthday button, gave us our site, and we were on our way.

Ahhhh....

fortMay2012144.jpg

fortMay2012145.jpg

My excitement is growing and I'm happy as a clam until....

fortMay2012146.jpg

This brilliant family must have missed the hitch/unhitch area and decided to take care of it in the middle of the loop. :banghead:

I kept my patience, and soon arrived at our site. Did I mention which site we were given?

fortMay2012148.jpg

I think this is our 7th trip in a row that we got site 550. They ought to just put my name on that site marker. :)

fortMay2012147.jpg

fortMay2012149.jpg

It was about this time that I get a text from Karla that "Your prince is waiting for you" and about 10 minutes later, Trevor hollers to me that I have company! :jumpforjoy

Thanks to Karla for this pic, as I was too excited to even consider picking up my camera.

DSCN2527-1.jpg

Poor Aiden, I squeezed him like my favorite teddy bear. :heart:

We chatted for a while and then I got back to work setting up our home for the next 6 days.

fortMay2012651.jpg

fortMay2012653.jpg

fortMay2012153.jpg

Inside the rv, what is now known as Aiden's Corner. You can see my flowers that he brought me, and hanging on the wall is the necklace that he gave me at Halloween "so I wouldn't get hit by a cart" It has hung there ever since. :heart:

fortMay2012150.jpg

When I come back we will venture out on the cart.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope that wasn't my guess. I thought it might be because the male carries the eggs till term. Which to me anyway sounds like a pretty good deal! :)

Updates are fast and furious! I have never been in the Norway church either. I'll have to check it out. It's amazing what the 'ritas will do to you on a hot day like that. If I am ever there at th

Hooray for Tow Nater!!! Y'all are like the Incredibles at the Fort. A family of superheroes! Trevor is snake man. Nathen is Tow Nater. Stef is Banana girl. She will get rid of any unwanted bananas in

Sounds like another redneck story about a dog who can't wait to get to the fort, punch drinking, chicken cooked in wing sauce and probably watched a Nascar race to boot. There, you've heard the story. Nothing else to read here. Your partner in crime was in the site next to me. Her hubby helped me solve some electrical issues.

Thanks for joining me everyone! I'm going to try and get an update before I go back to work. The storm finally hit us last night so the power and internet has been in and out. Thank God it waited until we were home and unpacked.

How does a Gator fan stand driving for an hour looking at the back window of that truck? I know I couldn't do it. :rofl3:

It's tough Dave, but I prefer to think of that "A" as standing for Amanda instead of dreaded Alabama. -_-

Woohoo! You don't waste any time getting started on a TR do you? Sorry I didn't get to meet you this weekend.

I have so many pictures Brent, I knew I had better get a move on. I know there were some folks stuck at home that would be looking forward to a report.

I was so bummed that I didn't hook up with you. It's so hard to get with fiends when there is so much to do. We went by Tiggers, YC's, and FLRunningmommys site and never could catch anyone at home.

We're all set up now, and ready to see the World. We hopped in the cart, and once again, Trevor isn't ready. "I gotta check the oil in the cart" (And men say they're always waiting on us!)

fortMay2012152.jpg

But Mason was more than ready:

fortMay2012151.jpg

First we must go down the main road so Mason can feel the wind in his hair, then we hit a few loops.

fortMay2012154.jpg

I am spoiled by the premium sites but I love the look of the 1600-1900's with all the tall pine trees.

fortMay2012155.jpg

fortMay2012157.jpg

Genia, is that you? Nope, no beer coolers.

fortMay2012156.jpg

In the 1900 loop, this woman was repainting her Airstream lettering on her trailer. I wouldn't want to spend my Fort time doing maintenance, but to each his own.

fortMay2012159.jpg

After cruising around a fairly quiet Fort, we thought Mason would need a walk.

fortMay2012160.jpg

Trevor leaving the bag station again, so I guess the walk was a success. ;)

fortMay2012163.jpg

fortMay2012164.jpg

The 500 loop was nearly empty on Wednesday.

fortMay2012173.jpg

fortMay2012161.jpg

fortMay2012162.jpg

Our drink of choice for the evening. Not bad, better over ice. 8% alcohol, so they're pretty potent.

fortMay2012165.jpg

fortMay2012166.jpg

fortMay2012169.jpg

After a couple Lime-a-ritas, we figured we'd better think of dinner plans.

Especially for TCD:

fortMay2012167.jpg

fortMay2012168.jpg

This is Mason's "Hey I gotta go for a walk!" look. So we did.

fortMay2012170.jpg

I strolled over to the canal beside the 500 loop. I think there's water under all that green slime.

fortMay2012171.jpg

fortMay2012172.jpg

When everyone had been fed, watered and walked, we went back out on the cart. The 2000's loop was fairly empty too. We knew it wouldn't last through the weekend though.

fortMay2012174.jpg

We even strolled over to the cabin pool to see if it was empty....Mason LOVES to swim, but it had a few people in it.

fortMay2012175.jpg

On the way out from the cabins, we saw a hawk fly over the road and land in a tree.

fortMay2012176.jpg

Later that evening, Aiden and family came back for a visit. Mason and Aiden rolled the ball back and forth in the screen room.

fortMay2012177.jpg

fortMay2012178.jpg

Since I had been awake since 3:30 am, I went inside to watch the American Idol finale. Yay, Phillip Phillips won! I swore I'd never watch that show again if he didn't. Nathen and I had plans to do something together the next day, so we all showered and hit the hay.

Tomorrow is Thursday. What would mother & son decide to do?!

Here is a hint to hold you over until I can get back for another update. :)

cid__IMG_0469.jpg