Tow Nater Celebrates At The Fort

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope that wasn't my guess. I thought it might be because the male carries the eggs till term. Which to me anyway sounds like a pretty good deal! :)

Updates are fast and furious! I have never been in the Norway church either. I'll have to check it out. It's amazing what the 'ritas will do to you on a hot day like that. If I am ever there at th

Hooray for Tow Nater!!! Y'all are like the Incredibles at the Fort. A family of superheroes! Trevor is snake man. Nathen is Tow Nater. Stef is Banana girl. She will get rid of any unwanted bananas in

When you're right,..........you're right.

Thanks Lou, I think.

it's inherently dangerous to issue us 7 cards at check-in, when my wife is the only one in the group with any measure of responsibility.

Mark was the one that chased me down on the Segway last year...took him half the Fort to do it too!

MetalDad!! Where ya been hiding? Glad to have you along.

That's funny, sounds like my own family.

Ok, I never said Mark was pretty OR fast! :))

I do.

But, I'm the only one in my family who does.

So, we don't get out there too often.

TCD

Good I don't feel so bad then.

Someone came up with a idea on how to handle freeloaders, but it involved firing a couple of rounds over their heads and they weren't sure the rangers had decent enough aim. :)

Seriously though, if you lean too heavy on the tall peddle when flying around Dover, it's called a "Dover stripe." No self respecting NASCAR driver would be without this fine addition to their paint job. What is it called when Stef makes that hard turn on her bike at the Trading Post??????

We haven't walked around much and looked at the animals at AK the last couple trips.

Huh? That's my favorite thing to do at AK. The rides are an afterthought. I literally could sit and watch the gorillas all day. Definitely spend the casual time just looking at the animals. It will give you a whole new perspective of AK, while everyone else runs from ride to ride.

That "sea" of humanity (and for some I use that term loosely) would drive Grandma up a wall.

I'd be right behind her!! I hate those kind of crowds, which is why we didn't stay long.

What is it called when Stef makes that hard turn on her bike at the Trading Post? ?????

:)) At my age? probably an ER trip!

Update on the way.....

We are on our way to Conservation Station! The train conductor is telling us about the new baby rhino, and how we may catch a glimpse of him with his mom, in their enclosure. I'm excited!

Getting closer.

fortMay2012105.jpg

And then we see.....

fortMay2012593.jpg

Mom, sans baby. :mellow:

Big bummer! But we're already on the train, we might as well make the most of it.

We arrive at Conservation Station and it's then that they tell us "sorry folks, the petting zoo is closed!"

Double fail! We vote to stay on the train and head right back.

fortMay2012594.jpg

fortMay2012596.jpg

Back in the park now, we're just winging it. We figure we'll stroll around the big circle and head to the exit.

fortMay2012598.jpg

I stopped to admire this bush. If you're DaveinTN, please ignore these next photos!

fortMay2012602.jpg

fortMay2012603.jpg

fortMay2012601.jpg

Devine is neat to watch, but it's even better to watch others reactions, if they've never seen her.

The kids relaxed on a cool rock. Have I mentioned it's HOT??

fortMay2012604.jpg

Just as we left Devine, we see Baloo and King Louie! There's only a couple of people in line, so we decide to get a picture.

King Louie was kissing my face, but I didn't want Baloo to feel left out, so I was trying to get both of them close to me.

fortMay2012108.jpg

Ahh, that's better.

fortMay2012109.jpg

Then it was Nate & Amanda's turn.

This time Baloo got his lovin first.

fortMay2012606.jpg

fortMay2012607.jpg

At Animal Kingdom, you must get a picture of the tree.

fortMay2012608.jpg

I try to always zoom in on a different animal each time. I chose the owl this time.

fortMay2012609.jpg

Nate was constantly looking for places to sit/lie down.

fortMay2012104.jpg

We crossed the bridge over to Dino Land.

fortMay2012611.jpg

fortMay2012612.jpg

My favorite ride at AK is Primeval Whirl, but the line was 45 minutes (I don't love it that much) So we kept moving.

fortMay2012614.jpg

Nate stopped for a drink.

fortMay2012613.jpg

fortMay2012615.jpg

We made one last stop in Camp Minnie Mickey to see what characters were out.

fortMay2012616.jpg

Let's just say there were A LOT of people back there and we decided to get out of the park while we all had some sanity left.

Waiting at the bus stop.

fortMay2012618.jpg

fortMay2012617.jpg

We made it back to the Fort where Amanda went inside to cool off, AKA take a nap. Who naps on their last day at the Fort?!

Not I! Nate and I decided to go check out the horse barn.

As we got to the 4 way stop and proceed straight across the road, here comes a ranger. He stops us and asks where we're going. We tell him to the horse barn, to which he replies "Ok, park right there" and points at the golf cart parking area we are about to turn into.

:well-duh-smiley: Thanks ranger!

Then I realize what has his undies in a bunch. Someone has decided to park there car in that parking lot. Have no fear, the rangers are on it!

fortMay2012628.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics of the trip. I love all the pampas grass that has been planted here.

fortMay2012619.jpg

Here's a picture I took back in January when it had ugly liriope grass in there. Much improved, IMO.

Feb2012Fort088.jpg

The old windmill is covered with jasmine, which was all blooming and smelled wonderful!

fortMay2012620.jpg

fortMay2012622.jpg

Coming up...why we picked the perfect time to visit the horse barn, and what ever happened to that car parked in the golf cart parking area?

An occassional public execution of pool freeloaders would likely scare the rest of them off and restore order to the Fort.

It's amazing that Disney has yet to implement one of my ideas.

Execution?!? Seems a bit extreme. I think a public flogging or dunking may have the same desired effect.

BTW Stef, I have been lurking but enjoying your TR immensely. Love your pictures...you don't take them all with your phone, do you?

Well, that was a great update, Stef.

Sorry about the double fail. I love how y'all just stayed on the train!

Good thing the Rangers were there to tell you where to park and to make sure to write a report on that person parked there.

I love all the photos you took around the Settlement area. Especially the last one.

And, I am awarding you bonus points for the before and after bus stop comparison photos. Nicely done!

Too bad that's all going to be gone and turned into a parking lot.

TCD

Another great update. Sorry about the baby rhino. I always love the Fort pics the most so thanks for the settlement pics! We usually miss the walking around and seeing the animals, not for the rides, but bc the little ones want to see all the shows. The next time will be different and I think they will enjoy the walk more now. I remember walking throught the bat house and seeing the other animals on the walking trail before we had kids and it was a lot of fun....although DW was a bit weirded out by the bats.

Glad you were told where to park, because you might have been completely lost without the help!

I think a public flogging or dunking may have the same desired effect.

BTW Stef, I have been lurking but enjoying your TR immensely. Love your pictures...you don't take them all with your phone, do you?

I'm all for public flogging!! Ok, I just wanted to type flogging. :beathorse:

Thanks for reading. Most of my pics were taken with my camera, a few here and there with my phone.

Too bad that's all going to be gone and turned into a parking lot.

TCD

Thanks for raining on my parade. :sarc3:

I think I would have stayed on the train too!!!

I was kind of aggravated that they didn't tell us BEFORE we got on the train that the petting zoo was closed. Maybe that was a sneaky way for crowd control?!

Another great update, Stef. Sorry you missed the baby rhino but hey you did get some monkey love!

Ha!! "Monkey love"...now if I could only find a suitable way to put flogging and monkey love in one sentence. ;D

although DW was a bit weirded out by the bats.

Glad you were told where to park, because you might have been completely lost without the help!

I have more Fort pictures on the way.

I can't blame your wife, we usually skip the bats. They're not only creepy, but they stink.

Yes, that ranger was a damn genius!! :faceplant2:

Back on track. We've arrived at the TCD ranch. Nate gave one of the Cinderella ponies some loving. (yes, I know there are signs that say no petting the ponies, but we were feeling rebellious)

fortMay2012621.jpg

When we got to the horse barn, four of the big guys were getting washed. Oh, it's good to be a TCD Ranch horse!

fortMay2012623.jpg

fortMay2012624.jpg

We strolled inside where a CM was rolling the hay cart down the stalls. Every horse would stick their head out when he got close, and duck back in as soon as dinner was served.

These two were the last ones in line.

fortMay2012625.jpg

fortMay2012626.jpg

Nate pointed out that the TCD Ranch has a brand new truck. (he's a guy, he notices these things)

fortMay2012627.jpg

After our horse viewing, we took the cart down to the Settlement trading post to pick up a bag of ice.

When we came back up the trail to the 4 way stop, the ranger was still guarding that vehicle. Not sure if they were going to wait it out to see who claimed it, maybe they were calling a tow truck, a SWAT team or maybe this ranger had nothing better to do. Who knows? But they were still there, at least an hour after we first spotted them.

fortMay2012633.jpg

It was time to get back to site 550 and get race ready. While I did that the kids took off and from the looks of Amanda's pictures, they went to the bar and then the playground. :)

fortMay2012114.jpg

fortMay2012112.jpg

By the time they made it back, I was all set up, dinner was almost ready and I was doing my best to finish off the beer and jello shots.

This was purely for practical purposes....less I would have to pack up in the morning and less weight for traveling.

Nate decided that his bloody mary from Crocketts was so good, I needed to go have one too!

Again, who am I to turn down my son, on the weekend of his birthday?

fortMay2012636.jpg

fortMay2012635.jpg

fortMay2012638.jpg

Through the bar window pic.

fortMay2012639.jpg

Amanda playing checkers with herself. I think she won.

fortMay2012641.jpg

fortMay2012116.jpg

Amanda took this picture especially for my friend Genia. Genia (after MANY beers) took about 15 pictures of the back of my head while we were in Georgia.

You're welcome, G! :P

fortMay2012117.jpg

We took our cocktails back to the site, and I am ready for Nascar!

Sustenance:

fortMay2012644.jpg

Scanner:

fortMay2012643.jpg

And look at this handsome devil on TV :wub:

fortMay2012642.jpg

Now, let's eat! I had made Doodle's bean dip to munch on. Yum, thanks Doodle.

fortMay2012645.jpg

Remember I had put a roast in the crock pot for french dips early this morning? Well, because time flies at the Fort, when I went to slice it, it just shredded into pieces. It was still delicious on a roll with provolone cheese, it just doesn't look pretty.

fortMay2012646.jpg

Notice Mason in this picture. Poor pup had been smelling that roast cooking all day. He did not want me to forget that he was there and willing to catch any thing that may fall off my plate.

fortMay2012119.jpg

We enjoyed the race while my scurvy boy played with his balls. Aiden had brought him the purple one.

fortMay2012647.jpg

fortMay2012649.jpg

The weekend is officially over! When we wake up, it's time to go home.

Next update will include all the random pics around the Fort I have left, then our packing up to leave (which includes an extremely handsome prince)

We strolled inside where a CM was rolling the hay cart down the stalls. Every horse would stick their head out when he got close, and duck back in as soon as dinner was served.

Since we are going with what we think you wrote....

I read CM was rolling *in* the hay cart down the stalls

The bean dip looks yummy, now I want some!! The beef sandwiches look pretty tasty too!

The bean dip was delicious!! Nate ate his body weight in that stuff. The beef is the easiest thing in the world too. I will have to post the recipe in the recipe thread.

:moon:

:nyd:

:sarc3:

:heartsmiley: What?!?!

he doesn't look that scurvy ...

oh, wait ... never mind. :rofl2:

Good job, Ed.

Stef teed that one up nicely for you.

TCD

Nice job Ed. :)) I typed and re-typed that statement because I knew I was asking for trouble. There was just no other way to explain that Mason loves his balls! (Nate probably loves his too)

Since we are going with what we think you wrote....

I read CM was rolling *in* the hay cart down the stalls

:rofl2: If he were, you can bet I would have stuck around much longer AND taken pictures!!