Tow Nater Celebrates At The Fort

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope that wasn't my guess. I thought it might be because the male carries the eggs till term. Which to me anyway sounds like a pretty good deal! :)

Updates are fast and furious! I have never been in the Norway church either. I'll have to check it out. It's amazing what the 'ritas will do to you on a hot day like that. If I am ever there at th

Hooray for Tow Nater!!! Y'all are like the Incredibles at the Fort. A family of superheroes! Trevor is snake man. Nathen is Tow Nater. Stef is Banana girl. She will get rid of any unwanted bananas in

Hooray for Tow Nater!!!

Y'all are like the Incredibles at the Fort.

A family of superheroes!

Trevor is snake man.

Nathen is Tow Nater.

Stef is Banana girl. She will get rid of any unwanted bananas in the blink of an eye.

Amanda can hold water bottles with no hands. Maybe not a super power, but still impressive.

They ought to fire those useless Rangers and give the S70 site 550 as a permanent base camp!

TCD

That's funny stuff right there! :rofl2:

It's always an adventure with my family.

Tow-Nater! The free tow and snake removal will definitely bring great Fort karma!

I truly believe in "what goes around, comes around!"

Per BBS

Throw on Ray Wiley Hubbard

Sing along to "Redneck Mother"

Any blues I had before are gone

Another working week is over

No chance of staying sober

I can feel a good one coming on

Yeah, we gonna roll all night

We gonna get the feeling right

We gonna keep this party rocking til the break of dawn

Yeah, I can feel a good one coming on

Thank you Genia, but you are no Charlie Starr! :hah:

You had me at clevis.....

:thumbsup1:

I know that stranded feeling! Glad Nate was there to help them out!

You do know that feeling don't you?

It warms my heart when he's so willing to forgo his vacation fun to help a perfect stranger. :heart:

And he didn't get paid in wampum. :rofl3:

Or peyote! ::)

You guys got me thinking....I never checked his pockets, and the suv owner was a young guy with tattoos. ???

I promise to try and get an update in today.

The bad thing about being gone for 6 days and being self-employed, is all the work that piles up when you're gone.

Don't abandon me now, we've got a lot still to do! ^-^

Who's ready for a quickie?

When I left you last, Amanda's mom drove over for the evening and the kids planned to take her to Old Town for the car show. We love Old Town, but leave that for when we stay at Tropical Palms and can walk or bike there.

First they took Ginger out looping.

fortMay2012489.jpg

Here's a couple of pics that Amanda took at Old Town.

fortMay2012088.jpg

fortMay2012089.jpg

fortMay2012094.jpg

They ate dinner in Old Town and Nate ordered a 1lb sausage sandwich!! It was so huge he couldn't finish it and brought half of it home.

fortMay2012091.jpg

Ginger had a chicken sandwich, which she brought a piece of home to Mason. :heart:

fortMay2012092.jpg

Meanwhile, back at camp, I was still full from my ginormous waffle so the hot dogs & brats that we had planned to cook stayed in the fridge. Trevor opted for a leftover buffalo chicken sandwich instead.

We took Mason out for an after dinner walk, where I saw this cute sign in front of a MH.

fortMay2012490.jpg

Once Mason was settled in and worn out, Trevor and I had some fun of our own. I will share that with you in the next update, along with some evening around the fort pics.

I leave you with a tired but content pup!

fortMay2012491.jpg

Cute sign!fortMay2012490.jpg

Kind of looks like your cart leaving my site on punch nights. :))

Old Town looks nice

Great time and only about 5 miles from the Fort. Saturday nights they have over 200 cars ('71 & older) that cruise the cobblestone streets.

Love that face!

Thanks Gwen, me too! :heartsmiley:

Old Town sounds like good times. I love old cars and I love cobblestone and/or brick streets....sounds like my kind of place.

If you love old cars, you would love it! A lot of those folks take their collections very serious, and you'll often see the same people there every week.

There's also a lot of neat little shops, although the kids said some of them are gone now (darn economy!)

can I borrow Mason? he just looks so sweet and tired and loving..

sorry, we were on the road during the actual updates and my phone wouldn't download the pictures.

No problem Nicki, there's still a lot of pictures coming.

You may borrow Mason, but you should know he's very high maintenance! :))

I have to check out Old Town someday. looks fun. And the sausage sandwich looks huge!

I know I want that sandwich .

Dave your kids would love Old Town. There's also a small carnival area with rides, and a Fun Spot (with go karts, bungee jump type rides....)

That sandwich was as big as his head, literally! I think he paid $10 for it, so definitely a cheap alternative to WDW food.

Update coming momentarily...

Time for an update before Raceday starts.

Since the kids are gone and Mason is resting comfortably in the air conditioning, Trevor and I ride down to the beach. How cool is it to relax on a quiet, peaceful beach while thousands of people are just minutes away?!

We try, at least once every trip, to buy an overpriced foo-foo drink at Crockett's and sit on the beach.

The Settlement area was hopping tonight!

fortMay2012492.jpg

I found us two chairs under some pine trees, and Trevor walked up to get drinks.

You'll see in my pictures that there were only a few other people on the beach at the time, but some dude decides to cop a squat right in front of my chair to take pictures. So I took his picture!

fortMay2012498.jpg

I enjoyed the view of the water while waiting for my cocktail.

fortMay2012500.jpg

fortMay2012499.jpg

My Pina`Colada was served and my adventurous husband ordered a Coors light (which we had a case of in the cooler at camp ::) )

Salut!

fortMay2012501.jpg

I then texted Nathen this picture.

cid__IMG_5203.jpg

And asked him "Do you like Pina`Coladas?"

"and getting caught in the rain?"

(come on, who doesn't like that oldie, but goodie?)

While we enjoyed our drinks, the line on the dock grew and grew. This boat to MK left completely full

fortMay2012493.jpg

fortMay2012496.jpg

While the dock still looked like this.

fortMay2012497.jpg

I was happy to be relaxing in my lounge chair instead of headed to the MK.

It wasn't long before the next boat arrived to herd the rest of the people on.

fortMay2012504.jpg

Even the playground was a happening place.

fortMay2012494.jpg

But we had our quiet spot on the beach to ourselves.

fortMay2012495.jpg

TCD may like his "Sunrise over....(insert object here)" pictures, but I'd like to share "Sunset over lounge chairs"

fortMay2012503.jpg

fortMay2012502.jpg

fortMay2012505.jpg

fortMay2012506.jpg

fortMay2012508.jpg

Nothing left but the birds.

fortMay2012509.jpg

fortMay2012507.jpg

Now that the sun was down and my cup was empty, we do some evening looping.

Stay tuned for more Fort pictures, including where half of the Fort's guests are on a Saturday night!

"Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce..........."

Hmmm, is that what that song says? I always that it was "wrapped up like a douche...." :rofl2:

Great update, Stef!! I agree, quiet time on the beach, drink in hand and watching the sunset is a great way to spend an evening!

Thanks! Ya know, we did talk about doing that together, but someone's butt is always stuck to a lawn chair! ;)

Hmmm, is that what that song says? I always that it was "wrapped up like a douche...." :rofl2:

Well, that is what it sounds like, and bc of that I googled the lyrics once and that is the only reason that I know it is not what you typed above! :rofl3:

That song just seems to go hand in hand with the Pina Colada song...

Stef,

I have to say you and TCD do the best trip reports. You guys make me feel like I'm there along with ya everytime I read one. Keep up the great work. In one way or another, I can't wait til our kids get old enough so my wife and I can enjoy the beach like you guys :)