Fortless- A TCD Trip Report with a twist.

Whoa Nelly!!!!!! I happen to sneak over to FF to see if Stef posted any new pics, and lo and hehold. The Rock Star has initiated a one-dayer. Very cool. The Darth Vader shots are awesome. Could that dude be any more imposing? Seriously though.....Yuri is from the DR????

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Andrew, I think. Seriously, I appreciate it. Unfortunately you've never been a guest that I've interacted with while being a CM. I take being a WDW CM very seriously. Guests expect a lot form u

Oh no! Christ is coming?? He must not have got the warning about Gay Days from the last banner! He best be careful or he might get some "gay" on him. What a bunch of dipsh*ts. But your report is gre

When is Christ returning? "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matt. 24:36 How to "Be prepared?" First acknowledge that you

Just got in on the report no idea how I missed you that morning. We did much of the same things. Can't wait to read your report and see how the TCD gang rolls through the day.

I know. I thought maybe I would see you in some of the crowd shots from the beginning of the day. But, I didn't.

It would be interesting to compare what we did with what you did.

I do know where you were at right around 8 pm. But, we will get to that in due time.

Good for you for trying to save the droids from a possible attack of Black-Hat Man. But check out the young girl in the center of the photo. I think you may have been creeping her out, or she thought you were hot. One or the other. :rofl2:

Definitely that poor girl was creeped out by the old dude. I feel a little bad about that, but I had to get the photos of the bad guy for the Rebel Alliance.

Sharing a family story: Since I moved to Florida in 1983, my father (who still lives in NY) thinks I am a complete redneck. One afternoon, after too many cocktails, we were discussing someones new deck on their house. I then came up with this doozy. (in my best southern drawl)

"That's a perfect example of stupid people, spending stupid money, on stupid s**t!"

He still laughs about it. Here is another place that this statement is appropriate. Whoever rented that plane, to fly that banner, obviously has more money than sense. I wish my life was so mundane that I had to worry about strangers sexual orientation. Good Lord! I'm happy that no one seemed to even notice.

Since when do you have a southern drawl?

I agree with your statement.

By the way, that isn't the only banner that we saw on Saturday.

Stay tuned.

Whoa Nelly!!!!!! I happen to sneak over to FF to see if Stef posted any new pics, and lo and hehold. The Rock Star has initiated a one-dayer. Very cool. The Darth Vader shots are awesome. Could that dude be any more imposing? Seriously though.....Yuri is from the DR? ???

Thanks.

Yes, Yuri is from the DR.

What's so surprising about that?

I am not the only famous guy with a no good cousin named Yuri from the DR, you know.

TCD

I am going to go ahead an wrap up the Hollywood Studios part of our trip, as we will be moving on to our next park.

After our visit to Darth's Mall, we popped over to the RNR.

I forgot to mention something about that.

I had picked up Fastpasses right after 8:15, right before we ate breakfast. The return time on those was between 9 and 10. After we ate breakfast, and I passed on our Toy Story Fastpasses, and rode Tower of Terror, it was past 9 when we headed back to Darth's Mall. So I got another set of Fastpasses, and those were good from 10:10 to 11:10. So, when we headed to RNR a couple minutes before 10, we were all set to ride twice in a row with Fastpasses.

That is how it is done.

So we rode the first time.

I said let's get in line and go again.

One of the twins said let's not.

So guess what?

I gave away the second set of Fastpasses that morning.

To three teens who were just walking in to the RNR courtyard.

I can't tell you how happy it makes people.

So what now?

Well, we needed to ride Star Tours.

And, we needed Toy Story Fastpasses for when we came back later.

We checked the tip board.

Toy Story Fastpass return times were for around 3 or 4.

Too early.

So we headed to Star Tours.

This kid was in the line:

IMG_1378.jpg

I thought of a great line.

I said, "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

Nobody got it.

Do you?

This kid was awesome. We ended up in the same simulator as him, and he tried to wear his 3D glasses without taking off his helmet. He really tried. But, it didn't work, so he did have to take the helmet off.

In my last trip report, someone asked if there were campfires and ewok voices up above the Star Tours queue.

There could be, but all I heard today was music.

There is some cool stuff up there, though:

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

There was a real stormtrooper keeping an eye on us here:

IMG_1382.jpg

We rode Star Tours.

Twin #2 was not the rebel spy.

She is losing her touch.

Then we headed past Toy Story and got Fastpasses for when we planned to come back later today.

It was getting pretty hot, so Twin #2 said let's go to the animation academy.

It's our new favorite thing.

And, I have been working on my drawing.

We got to draw a classic character this time.

It was Donald.

Here's twin #2's drawing:

IMG_1384.jpg

And twin #1's:

IMG_1385.jpg

And here's mine:

IMG_13861.jpg

I don't think this one is close.

TCD rules!

TCD

The line is from Episode IV (the original Star Wars). The first time Princess Leia sees Luke, he's in a stolen Stormtrooper uniform rescuing her from the prison on the the Death Star!! Her first comment to him is "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

I do not have a southern drawl, it just sounds that way to my dad. I think it's the terms....ya'll, fixin to, etc.

I cry FOUL on your drawing. Why are you not holding it? Why did you feel the need to put your name on it, instead of just signing it? :popo:

You are becoming a regular Fast Pass Fairy...sweet!

The line is from Episode IV (the original Star Wars). The first time Princess Leia sees Luke, he's in a stolen Stormtrooper uniform rescuing her from the prison on the the Death Star!! Her first comment to him is "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

Very good, Carol.

You are a regular Star Wars geek.

I do not have a southern drawl, it just sounds that way to my dad. I think it's the terms....ya'll, fixin to, etc.

I cry FOUL on your drawing. Why are you not holding it? Why did you feel the need to put your name on it, instead of just signing it? :popo:

You are becoming a regular Fast Pass Fairy...sweet!

I know what you mean. On the rare occasion that I travel back to my old stomping grounds in Joisey, I notice that the people I used to know have accents. It makes me think, did I use to talk like that? To them, I have an accent. But I really don't.

And, what are your trying to say, exactly, about my duck drawing? Why shouldn't I have put my name on it? It was pretty good, right?

Yeah, that's me- the Fastpass Fairy. But, I have received more pixie dust than I have given. Everyone should give it a try.

TCD

Very good, Carol.

You are a regular Star Wars geek.

I know what you mean. On the rare occasion that I travel back to my old stomping grounds in Joisey, I notice that the people I used to know have accents. It makes me think, did I use to talk like that? To them, I have an accent. But I really don't.

And, what are your trying to say, exactly, about my duck drawing? Why shouldn't I have put my name on it? It was pretty good, right?

Yeah, that's me- the Fastpass Fairy. But, I have received more pixie dust than I have given. Everyone should give it a try.

TCD

We always give away Toy Story FPs on our escape day. We have breakfast at Hollywood & Vine, then line up and ride TSM, then get FPs, then a quick wander through One Man's Dream, then we hand our FPs to somebody on our way out!

This is my first (gasp) time reading one of your trip reports and oh my you are funny!

What the Fort?

Oh, wait.

I see what's going on here.

It's a little after 5.

You got started early today, right?

J/k- Thanks for reading. And thanks even more for posting. I appreciate the kind words.

Question- how did you know that the studios were opening at 7:30?

On our first SWW visit this year, two weeks ago, we arrived a little before 8, expecting to get in line at the turnstiles, but they were already open, and people were in the park.

When we were standing in line to meet one of the characters, I struck up a conversation with a lady who turned out to be a castmember visiting on her day off. She told me about what time you needed to show up to get a celebrity Fastpass and what time they were opening the gates. I also heard about Darth Vader starting at 8 am, even though the schedule says 9 am from someone in line.

TCD

We always give away Toy Story FPs on our escape day. We have breakfast at Hollywood & Vine, then line up and ride TSM, then get FPs, then a quick wander through One Man's Dream, then we hand our FPs to somebody on our way out!

That's great, Carol.

We usually use our Fastpasses.

With this new return time enforcement, though, they aren't any good to hang on to for later, so I see myself giving them away more.

I wish there was some kind of designated place in the parks where Fastpasses could be traded. It's actually a bit of work to give them away, because people are suspicious.

TCD

Yuri is from the DR. I forgot that. I think the fast pass giveaways are awesome. We have done that several times. It's amazing how people think you're trying to sell them something at first sometimes until they realize that you just gave them free fast passes! The pics with Vader and the droids are pretty cool.....and I wish the geeks would have helped you take down the imperial spy in the black hat. I too have made the sausage muffins at home and never thought about layering more sausage on there.....what a novel idea!

I would comment on the dolt who was flying the airplane with the imbicile like message but I don't comment on moronic people like that.

I'm surprisedthat Yuri wasn't at SWW. i would think he would find Yoda fascinating. Plus, it gives me flashbacks to David Letterman's "Oprah - Uma. Uma - Oprah." I just have this vision of Lando Calrissian saying "Yuri - Yoda. Yoda - Yuri." Okay, maybe it is just me.

Anywho...Glad you made it back to WDW and glad you are sharing with us another TCD TR. :jumpforjoy

The airplane banners were flown by the Florida Family Association at a cost of $12,802.37 for two planes flown this past weekend.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/01/disney-world-gay-days-florida-family-assocation_n_1563127.html

But more importantly, did you have a carrot cake cookie?? Oh, and two sausage patties on a breakfast IS BRILLIANT!!

In my last trip report, someone asked if there were campfires and ewok voices up above the Star Tours queue.

There could be, but all I heard today was music.

You checked! But I think the chatter begins at sunset. Was it at least Star Wars music you heard?

Although I think all the Donald Ducks are great, you really stepped it up a notch. Have you been practicing at home?

And although I have never been, just through your pictures I would agree with you that SWW must have the best people watching than anywhere!

One more thing...was the Wookie Family Portrait sold?

Loving the report!

Im probably in the minority, but I have never been into Star Wars, however I may need to visit during the SWW in the future just to people watch.

I love how much people get into "character" during these types of events.

Can't wait for more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. Sorry for the late comments, I was out with a friend all day for the past two days.

2. Those breakfast sandwiches look good.

3. can't believe you spotted stranger danger again

4. I can't understand why the twins criticized your Darth Vader photos.

5. Why is your name printed in ink on that Donald photo.... just wondering.

6. Love that you are sharing the FP Pixie Dust

7. Can't wait for you to get the next update posted!

Wow Dave, how much food could 12K+ buy for a food bank? Or how many mosquito nets would that buy for malaria plagued villages? How many raffle entries would that buy in the upcoming Two-Lamp/fiend chair/awesomness raffle? I would say that idiot group wasted a ton of money, but as I said before I don't make any comment about those morons anymore.