Trail End 80’s into the 90’s was the cheapest buffet on Disney property. It offered a large selection of food and was $5 to $15 cheaper than other resorts. In the evening there was free night entertainment. The entertainers would play songs and play Disney trivia. Friday nights was make your own pizza night they used the buffet line for the pizza toppings. Guest walked down the line picking and adding to their pizza that the end if the line they paid and were giving a number. You could sit there and listen to the entertainment or go have a beer or drink at Crocket Tavern. They didn’t call you number out there were 4 TV that would display the numbers of ready pizzas. The pizza was not that expensive and very good. Not like to pizza Trail End offers today.

We have fond memories of the "Trail's End" of yesteryear but now, buffet for four at T's End is just too darn expensive. :mellow:

I ate there night before last when I snuck over from Tampa, and it was 26.62 + tip, out the door for the buffet. It was pretty good too (especially since I can get my company to pay the tab).

We have fond memories of the "Trail's End" of yesteryear but now, buffet for four at T's End is just too darn expensive. :mellow:

I am with you. We rarely go for the same reason. Though, last time we were there it was just me and my 2 boys and we did get a small GAG because of all of the good things I'd read here. It fed the 3 of us for dinner and lunch the next day so was worth it.

Cost is also why we've never done the backyard BBQ. Though I need to bite the bullet before they take the pavilion down!

x100

I dropped $70 for breakfast for 4. DD6 and DD5 barely ate anything. They could have easily ate off of our plates or a third plate, but they would not allow it. I won't be back.

x100

I dropped $70 for breakfast for 4. DD6 and DD5 barely ate anything. They could have easily ate off of our plates or a third plate, but they would not allow it. I won't be back.

This is why we have become, with the exception of a few "experience meals" like Chef Mickey's, almost exclusively a counter service family when we dine out at Disney.

And for the most part, I end up happy with my food and do not get sick looking at the check and considering how little my young ones ate. For example, I enjoy eating at Kona, but it costs over $100 for breakfast and I know I can be just as happy at Capn Cooks and get the same Tonga Toast for a fraction of the cost.

We didn't do breakfast. There is no way we would have eaten enough for the cost.

We did do dinner 3 nights. Compared to other buffet prices, the Trail's End is still better. We like the simple food. It is good and there is enough of a selection for all of us to find something. Not sure if we get our money's worth but I know we would not at the other places.

Sad to think of all the great things we missed out on. Bet you all didn't think about it going away when you doing it.

Our very first visit at Disney, we did a few sit downs, and if they were not buffets, we could get away with 3 meals for the 4 of us, BUT, shortly after that trip, my boys greeeeew, and gained hollow legs, so buffets were REQUIRED to keep food in em!

I never had the "my kid won't eat anything syndrome"

The sad thing for me is I have very fond memories of dad and I eating breakfast there nearly every morning when I was a kid. That is something I want to pass on to my kids, but we usually have a very strict food budget. I simply can't spend that much on breakfast each morning. I guess they will just have to remember eating at the camper. ::)

I remember when they didn't have a crockets tavern and thats where alot of the video games used to be. They did have a second snack bar resturant at the time in part of the waitress area.. The food was also cafeteria style. I also have fond memories of the make your own pizzas.

One thing they also had a while back is another snack bar in the same building as the boat rentals office. Right behind where the soda machine is now you could get a hot dog when swimming on the lake.

good times

Can someone post a picture of the Tonga toast? I have heard a bit about it but not seen it. As Dave would say Pood Forn please?

Is it like french toast?

Here is a link to a thread Monique posted! http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/5108-tonga-toast/page__hl__%2Btonga+%2Btoast