Looks like parking at the Outpost is going to get tricky...

It's not an issue to the idiots who manage the Fort.

But it is an issue to anyone who is paying for a campsite and wishes to visit the pool on any summer weekend or holiday day.

If you don't believe it, go and see for yourself. If you want to go swimming, don't forget your shoehorn. And if you want to sit by the pool BYOC (bring your own chair), because those all get claimed for the day early.

TCD

The pool was super crowded last time we were there(last month) and the campground was not that full..I see your point Has anyone made a group protest to the mng of the fort?
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't get me started on signs in Spanish. That really burns me. And for the one or two of you that think I'm being rather harsh, I am an immigrant, and I don't want to see signs in my native language

No squirrels, just wild Black bears.

You know what, I do the same thing sometimes when I can't park at someone's site. Carol, can I have an exemption?

Sure, a lot of people have complained.

Did you miss the part about the managers being idiots?

TCD

they must be it would be super hard to restrict accsess seeing that the only entrance is maned by a security gaurd :bugeyes:

how many fiends are there 800 plus ? do you think the fort mng would ignore a petition from 800+ customers? they just may but it might be worth a try

they must be it would be super hard to restrict accsess seeing that the only entrance is maned by a security gaurd :bugeyes:

Yes, the only entrance is manned by security guards. Have you had the pleasure of meeting one yet? They make the idiot managers look like MENSA members.

And, don't forget that the Fort bus drivers happily drive the freeloaders and all their crap to the pool.

In the meantime, there are Rangers patrolling the campground to make sure that none of the guests who have paid big money to stay there break the rules about having all of their vehicle's tires on the pavement of their sites.

TCD

Man! talk about chasing rabbits... or squirrels... I try to post a public service announcement, and look where this thing has gone... This is not one of Dave or Andrew's trip reports... :rofl3:

Yes, the only entrance is manned by security guards. Have you had the pleasure of meeting one yet? They make the idiot managers look like MENSA members.

And, don't forget that the Fort bus drivers happily drive the freeloaders and all their crap to the pool.

In the meantime, there are Rangers patrolling the campground to make sure that none of the guests who have paid big money to stay there break the rules about having all of their vehicle's tires on the pavement of their sites.

TCD

yes I do agree with your post

Man! talk about chasing rabbits... or squirrels... I try to post a public service announcement, and look where this thing has gone... This is not one of Dave or Andrew's trip reports... :rofl3:

well TCD and I are both from the south whats your point?

Tom, I assure you that no one cares what the paying customers of Fort Wilderness think.

That has been proven time and time again.

Just bring a lot of beer and don't worry about it.

TCD

ill bring vodka its quicker and easier on the waist. we need to get together when we are thereat the same time it would be fun

Every time a Fiend sees one of these groups, they should take unobtrusive pictures, then strike up a friendly conversation, then steer it to ask what Loop are you staying in!! Tell, them you'd love to bring them a drink or something!!!

That is, if they actually speak English.........

(Did I say that outloud)

I hate to bring it back to the original topic, Allears reports that they're paving the parking lots.

I haven't had to go to the Fort for a few days, but I've been told by other drivers that have gone there, that the lots are only being coated and that it's already done. Great reporting Allears.