Last week, after being at the fort for about a week and a half, DH started the van and we had all sorts of warning lights light up on the dash. He poked around under the hood, and determined that even though the engine sounded a little rough, we could make it home ok, which we did. Yesterday, we took it in for repairs and this is the picture the tech took of our engine.

post-1461-0-23920100-1341925131_thumb.jp

Boy those squirrels have an expensive diet!

They are not squirrels. They are ruthless conniving rodent terrorists plotting to take over the planet in cute furry disquises. You should see the pics the repair shop took of the stuff under the floor of my TT. They ate every line & wire, even ate the sensors on our holding tanks. I'm at $5100 in damages and counting. Dealer had it for more than 6 weeks and there's still a lot we're finding that they missed. :banghead:

Sorry about your truck. Have you called your insurance company? I'm told rodent damage is covered in a lot of automotive policies but not many rv insurance poliicies. From what we were told ours - State Farm - is one of only three that doesn't exclude rodent damge so this might be a good time to double-check your rv insurance just in case next time your water lines look good to them...

We had one get into the screen room. Since we were just across the loop from you, who knows, could be the same guy. He got into our potato chips, which I didn't notice until after eating half the bag, and discovered the hole. I probably have cooties now.

I'm thanking my lucky stars that our squirrels (we have a lot here, both gray and red) have never bothered our motorhome. I hadn't even thought about that being a problem at the Fort. The biggest problem we've had with them is that one year they got into the attic of our house. We heard the pitter-patter of little feet running across the ceiling and the thunk-thunk-thunk of walnuts being dropped down our walls! It's actually funny in hindsight, now that we've been able to keep them out for the past few years.

Knock on wood...we've never had a problem with them chewing through anything at the Fort, but this little SOB would sit right outside our screen room and chew his nuts loudly (don't go there ^-^ ) every single day!

fortMay2012115.jpg

We had one get into the screen room. Since we were just across the loop from you, who knows, could be the same guy. He got into our potato chips, which I didn't notice until after eating half the bag, and discovered the hole. I probably have cooties now.

the bastards ran off with my brand new loaf of bread at the fort....

then I had to go after the stupid wasps getting into crevices as we were putting the popup down...

oh, and the ticks, don't get me started on the ticks....i will most probably have to bomb the stupid camper...they were all over our clothes

... one year they got into the attic of our house. We heard the pitter-patter of little feet running across the ceiling and the thunk-thunk-thunk of walnuts being dropped down our walls!

We have a cape style house and one year the little stinkers chewed their way through the roof vent and we apparently had a race track up there.

Brian built a metal mesh "door" with a one-way hinge and put it over the roof vent so they could get out, but not get back in (last thing I needed was a bunch of DEAD squirrels up there smelling up the place.)

One day I'm working in the spare bedroom and I hear BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

I go outside and the squirrel is hanging upside down from the roof peak pulling on the door trying to get in. He kept trying over many days (weeks?) and finally gave up. The "door" looks like it's been through the war zone (he chewed the bejinkies out of it) but it did the job!

I'll live with the chipmunk holes all over my yard any day. They just drive the dogs bonkers, but don't actually do any damage.

We were in the 1600 loop over Christmas. Came out 1 morning to find a dead one on the ground behind the TT. Called the front desk and the lady was not surprised at all. When the man showed up to remove, he said it happens often. They chew through electrical lines, or in my case Christmas, and end falling to the ground. Still surprised me a bit