It's all about Peanut

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, this is what a TR from me looks like, not a lot of writing not a lot of pictures but a TR none the less this is Peanut, this was her first trip to WDW,hence the name of the report We left home it

Not to mention that I had my usual parking spot at Bob and Kathy's site even when they weren't there. Bob was also my private GC chauffeur for looping on a few days. It's always great when Bob, Kathy

Great pics!!! (But ya gotta fix that text!!!!)

Well look who is doing a TR, can't believe it. LOL

You are Grandparents of the year to brave that heat, but I know the kids loved it and Peanut will never forget her first time

In and Out and In and Out that's what I am going to do (Peanut Quote)

The kids are so cute and we love spending time with them.

Well here goes with my (Kathy) little addition to Bob's trip report.

Lets start at the beginning.

Some of the fiends know that I have a cousin that comes and spends time with us during our stays at the Fort. Her name is Rachel and she has met many of the Fiends and has also been to a few GG.

We always get together and this trip would be no different, although this time her mother was in town so I would get to spend time with (my first cousin) Darlene. Rachel already knew when we were checking in so we usually just wait for her phone call as she does work.

Most of the Fiends also know about my first meeting last 4th of July with my biological mother and sister. I had found them a few months before and had planned to have a meeting where else but the happiest place on earth. This year we would meet again at the Fort and spend some time together.

Aaaannnyyway to get back on track. Rachel called and mentioned that she has made reservations for the Tea Room at the Grand Floridian and would I like to go with them and take the girls. Now mind you they are 7 and 3, yes 3, in a tea room with fine china, hot tea, am I nuts or what. Oh what the hell why not. So I asked her if I could include Audrey (biological mother) and Danielle (biological sister) so Rachel made the necessary changes and we were scheduled for a Tea at 3;45. Angie's (Mrs Gus) daughter Katie came over to fix Bailey's and Peanut's hair for the tea, Bailey looked so grown up, and Peanut well she is just Peanut, her hair didn't last long at all, but it never does.

dis2012058.jpg

dis2012057.jpg

dis2012056.jpg

dis2012055.jpg

We were to meet Rachel and Darlene in the main lobby at GF so we drove over and used valet so Audrey would not have to walk far. We were seated at the same table that the Fiend Ladies of the Fort were seated at in October for Lady Doodlebug's Birthday Tea.

Our server came over and explained all the different teas and what was the entree included. The little girls had Mrs, Potts Entree and their tea was brought out in the cutest little tea pots. Of course Peanut had to do everything herself, I must say she did it well too. If you want to keep a 3yr old entertained, just give her a sugar bowl with sugar cubes and a pair of little tongs, kept her busy for quite some time. We were there for quite a while and both of the girls were the best little ladies, I was very proud of them. I will post some pics of the Tea Party.

After we left the Tea Room we decided to take the monorail around and stop at the Poly and take in the sites there. We sat in the lobby and just relaxed and got acquainted all over again. While there we could not pass up a Dole Whip so downstairs we went. After our Dole whips we boarded the monorail again for our trip back to the GF, hugged everyone and said our goodbye's and back to the Fort we headed. If anyone asks about the Tea Room it is a little pricey but hey it's Disney, what isn't. It was well worth it to me, I have the memories of my Granddaughters there isn't anything better than that.

dis2012061.jpg

dis2012065.jpg

Thanks guys for the very nice comments, yes it was hot but with the kids in school now it's the only time they can go, so it's turns into a now or never type thing.

We had a good time, the kids were a bit of a pain but at their age they can be sometimes but anytime you are with the fiends you have a good time regardless of the weather, cranky kids or blueberry things that some people call pancakes.

This trip we met a lot of new fiends, I'm not going to try to name them because there were too many names for this airhead to remember. It's great to see our group is still growing by leaps and bounds and that we have so many new active members. The potluck had the regular food, and by regular I mean A LOT, no one can ever come to a GG with the fiends and say there wasn't enough to eat.

I want to thank Doodle and Mike for saving my spot for me, as was stated earlier people have started just driving around taking whatever site they want then calling the front desk. It seems that they have found out the dirty little secret that Disney would rather re-site the people scheduled for a site than make the site stealer's move.I believe Doodle would laid on the ground like a old 60's hippie to defend that site if she had to, now what a site that woulda been :rofl2: I am offering a reward for a picture of it if it happens.

It's no secret that Kathy and I spend a lot of time with Richie and Lorna, I can't tell you how great it is to have friends like this both on the boards and off. I woulda never believed I could make such good friends from the Internet with like interests as I have from the Fort Fiends.

It's funny how we never made reservations much more than a week or two ahead of time until I got involved with the fiends, now it seems like I have an open phone/e mail line with Judy. Judy has gotten us the best deals, even when we thought there were no deals left to be had. I would and do suggest using Judy for all your Disney reservations she is simply the best, and a lot of fun too!

I guess in summery, we had a good time, ate well, had fun with old fiends and fun with new fiends. I'm sorry I don't write a lot of the details of the time we are there but I have a disease that affects my reports and that is fiendalotabullshitting. It keeps us from taking a lot of pictures and remembering what the hell went on.

Not to mention that I had my usual parking spot at Bob and Kathy's site even when they weren't there.

Bob was also my private GC chauffeur for looping on a few days.

It's always great when Bob, Kathy and the usual suspects are there. It really feels like home.

It was disappointing that the pot luck was on a work night, but they were in my thoughts as I roamed the roads of WDW into the wee hours.