It's all about Peanut

OK, this is what a TR from me looks like, not a lot of writing not a lot of pictures but a TR none the less

this is Peanut, this was her first trip to WDW,hence the name of the report

dis2012064.jpg

We left home it was a nice day, the tropical storm Debbie was churning in the gulf and we were heading towards the gulf, not too smart, huh?

We packed up the camper, golf cart and grand kids and off we went down I65 into Alabama where we met up with Carol and Rick to pick up some goods for the raffle, nice short meet and off we go. All went well and we stopped for the night at Pecan Point campground just south of Dothan Alabama where we've stayed before. We go through Alabama via I65 to Montgomery, 231 to I10, then to I75, a route some don't like but we do.

Ozark Al has a campground that is half way for us but if the kids don't have a come apart we try to make it to Pecan Point about an hour down the road (less driving the next day). We usually don't make it that far with the kids, they usually are ready to stop by the time we hit Ozark but not so bad this time (key word: this time).

We settled in at Pecan Point and who should pull into the site but........wait for it........Rita and her Momma aka Oldkoot! We had a nice visit, the kids drew Rita and Oldkoot some pictures and did what fiends do best, shot the bull.

Well the good times end there, in the morning it didn't look too bad, cloudy with a little sun but mean looking clouds in the distance. We got going and rain into some rain about a mile or so down the road but not too bad. We hit the state line then on to I10 and it was raining a little harder but not too awfully bad, did I say awfully bad, well I lied, it was awfully bad. Little did I know it could get worse, we hit I75 and it was up from awful to terrible! I was pouring and the wind was blowing us all over the road. Trucks passing would spray so bad that you couldn't see anything until they got well ahead, by now we were traveling at a max speed of 55 and holding on for dear life at that.

We got down to the Gainsville area and I had had it, we were lucky to be going 50 MPH by then and the kids were getting tired of sitting, although they had no clue as to what Kathy and I were going through trying to drive and navigate. I told Kathy to call Grand Lakes RV resort in north Ocala for a spot, we had stayed there a few yrs ago and Doodle had stayed there the night before so we knew it was easy to get there and Doodle said it was only $22.50 a night. We pulled into the campground and got a nice pull through spot across from the CS and I got out in the pouring rain and hooked up and in we ran.

It continued to rain, no it continued to POUR the entire evening, Ty and I deceided to go across the road to the CS to the shower, we striped down to shorts and flip flops and run over. We ran over and the water was at least a foot deep on the short walkway leading into the door, guess what flipflops do when you run through a foot of water.......my back was soaked! Oh well on the way out I was a little more careful with my shiney clean body.

About 5 in the morning the sun was shining and woke me up, I was surprised and hoped it would be a good day, went back to sleep and got up at my regular crack of 9, sun still shining brightly. We got ready and off we went, the entrance to the campground is about a mile off the main road, at the main road there was a huge puddle about a foot deep so we went slowly through and on our way in the sunny sunshine, forrrrrr about a mile.

We got back onto I75 and again we were in the soup, rain and wind, not a real bad wind but with a travel trailer a little wind is a lot of wind. Onto the fort we went rain all the way, when we got on the turnpike the wind got bad and we were all over the road again so I got an idea, yeah I do get ideas once in a while. I deceided to get off the turnpike and go down RT27, maybe the lights would give me a break once in a while and the trucks wouldn't be running all over me as much. It seemed to work, it wasn't as bad. So after 750 miles, wind, rain and 40 pee stops for 3 and 7 yr old girls we made it to the fort.

We were about to check in when Doodle called or texted and Kathy says someone was trying to steal our site, again! Appearantly they were in the site across the way and didn't like the water that collects over there and deceided they were gonna just move, not with Doodle on the job they wern't! Doodle sprung into action and kicked their site stealing butts out of there! Good one Doodle!

Well we checked in and off to the site where Mike and Doodle were waiting for us. Mike guided me into the site and OUCH a damn honey bee stung me on the thumb. I hadn't been stung by a bee since I was a kid, it stung a bit! No real sympathy from anyone there so I soldiered on and set up the trailer.

dis2012005.jpg

dis2012003.jpg

dis2012001.jpg

that is about all the pictures we have for the fort believe it or not, next if I can will be Peanuts first MK experiance.

Sorry, I didn't know I was on Kathys SN when I finally got this done, be asured it will have all the misspellings and poor grammer you are used to.

Bob

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, this is what a TR from me looks like, not a lot of writing not a lot of pictures but a TR none the less this is Peanut, this was her first trip to WDW,hence the name of the report We left home it

Not to mention that I had my usual parking spot at Bob and Kathy's site even when they weren't there. Bob was also my private GC chauffeur for looping on a few days. It's always great when Bob, Kathy

Great pics!!! (But ya gotta fix that text!!!!)

wow...that is really tiny writing. Either that or my eyesight has really gone downhill. Time to break out the magnifying glass. Seriously though It was great meeting you and your wonderful grandchildren.

ETA this says its written by mrstnbob but it reads like it was written by TnBob. I smell a rat.

and here are the pics drawn for Oldekoot and me!

And to top it off Mama and I received a portrait of ourselves courtesy of Sissie. I think they do us justice!

OldeKoot!

photobucket-15709-1340513865159.jpg

Me! Notice the hot red hair and thin body! :)

photobucket-11854-1340513819411.jpg

Of course, Peanut who you may also notice likes her picture taken, gave us a picture too!

photobucket-23349-1340513770491.jpg

Great start, Bob. A little wordy for my taste but at least you finally started. :rofl2:

There was no way those poachers were getting your site! I was ready to do battle. Someone had to, you had that bad bee sting after all! Really Bob it was just a little bee. :))

Ok, I'm done yanking your chain, keep up the good work!

Wow I was so confused!

Screen name = Kathy

Lengthy writing = Kathy

Adorable pictures = Kathy

Whining about a bee sting = Must be Bob! :P

Peanut is a cutie! :heart:

Ok boys and girls, I did remember to go into my name this time and I did write more. I don't know when it will happen but Kathy said she was going to add the report on the Tea Party the girls had while we were there so I will leave that to her. Ready, here we go:

The first night we always get a GAG so I have some chicken skin for bait, problem this time, Kathy got no white meat and a couple of the pieces of chicken were raw in the middle, not a good start.

ok, I am not much for writing so this part will go fast, we had fun with the Fiends, great pot luck, two trips for pizza and Peanuts (Riley) first trip to the world. Little Peanut is 3 and has been in love with Mickey forever, she calls Mickey, DeeDee for some reason. We got to the fort earlier than planned so we could beat the 4th crowds at the parks so on day 2 we were off to the MK. We got on almost all the rides that were for a 3 yr old along with a few for the older kids (Splash Mnt and Haunted Mansion). Peanut went in the Haunted Mansion but said she won't again, Ty (8) still won't even think about going in and doesn't care who knows it. Sissy (7) loves it. When we were all beat by the crowds and heat we were ready to leave when we noticed that the line to see Mickey was 30 mins, in line we got, I couldn't believe how excited not only Peanut got but Ty too. You have to understand Ty thinks he's too big for Mickey stuff but he got a huge smile on his face and joined right in for the pictures and seemed to be happy for his little sister to meet Mickey and Minnie.

dis2012015.jpg

dis2012007.jpgdis2012011.jpg

dis2012019.jpg

dis2012020.jpg

Day 2 it was Epcot, spent at least an hour in line to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto then it was off to Via Napoli, Ty and I took off to get a table while the girls played in the splash area. The table was ready just as the girls walked in and it was one of the large pizza's (to die for) and then Tiramisu (also to die for) for desert. After eating we were ready to do a slow walk around and out the gate we went. Not a big day, the kids weren't in a good mood to stand in line.

dis2012025.jpg

dis2012026.jpg

dis2012029.jpg

dis2012031.jpg

dis2012032.jpg

dis2012034.jpg

I think I posted the max pictures by now, we will continue soon

continuing

Day 3 it was DHS, a horrible, expensive lunch at the Back Stage and some rides. We did the Disney Jr. show, the little Mermaid, Toy Story, Muppets and Star Tours. Along with watching the Star Wars academy show thing and Phinias and Ferb shows we saw enough for a 3 yr olds first time and back to the fort we went.

dis2012047.jpg

dis2012049.jpg

dis2012053.jpg

ok, enough for now, I hope Kathy does the tea party pictures and I have a few more mis pictures. We did the whirlwind tour of the parks and spent the rest of the time with the fiends at the fort so there aren't many fort pictures. Enjoy, I did