Hot as Hades at the Fort for the 4th!

This is gonna be short and sweet! Thanks to Doodle harassing messaging Ed, he set us up a short trip in a cabin. Been a while since we stayed there.

My friend Linda has only been to Disney once. She went to Epcot with a group of high schoolers. I know, bless her heart! This is a pic of Linda and I at her birthday party!

59096_1481216745287_3406040_n.jpg

So Ed, Oldekoot (mama), Linda and I hit the road about 7 am on July 3rd to head to the Fort! We stop at Hardee's and I get this

1341317473277.jpg

Mama's comment from the ride, "Linda the reason we're freezing back here is because the Fatties are riding in the front controlling the ac!" :lmao1:

In no time at all we are here

1341341775713-1.jpg

1341341782789.jpg

1341343159971.jpg

1341343185048.jpg

1341343204261.jpg

Linda made this and brought it to decorate our door! She donated it later to the FF raffle!

1341343223357.jpg

1341353357884.jpg

We settle in, then Mama and Ed head to Winn Dixie to pic up a few groceries and Linda and I hop on a bus to meet some Fiends at the pool!

This might be a good time to say, I NEVER WANT TO GO TO THE FORT WITHOUT A GOLF CART AGAIN! Seriously, I will always recommend that to new Fiends!

I think this is a good start. I'll post some more tomorrow!

ETA - I have tried a million times to make these pictures straight. It is weird, they are straight in photobucket. I have deleted the link and repasted, I even restarted my computer and went back and tried again. Still crooked. At this point, they will stay crooked! :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ed and I are not that great! We are a family and are fortunate to live right here in this little town near each other. If y'all think my Mama is taken care of, you should have met my Grandma Rita Mae!

I really admire, even though you're both BHLs, you and Ed on how you involve your mom, I refuse to call her Oldekoot, in your lives. It's something you don't see or hear much about in today's culture.

Rita, I go away for a couple of days and you have a trip report in progress. I love :heartsmiley: the pictures of your mom drinking the pineapple drink...I am going to have to try one of those!

Thanks for sharing, Rita. Great start. One question: Exactly HOW HOT WAS IT? One more question: How can someone eat sausage biscuits and gravy and then make "fattie" comments with a straight face?

That my dear Ben, is in fact a Country Fried Steak Biscuit with gravy! It is so good! Mama had her normal Country Ham Biscuit!

I was definitely suffering from the SRF! For those of you unfamiliar with the acronym, that is Sweaty Red Face!

I really admire, even though you're both BHLs, you and Ed on how you involve your mom, I refuse to call her Oldekoot, in your lives.

It's something you don't see or hear much about in today's culture.

I'm glad that I've met the three of you and can call you friends.

Now if we could only work on that liberal thing.

Mama's comment from the ride, "Linda the reason we're freezing back here is because the Fatties are riding in the front controlling the ac!" :lmao1:

If I didn't already adore that woman, this is the icing on the cake! :rotfl6:

First I had to harass Ed to make this trip happen, then I had to harass you to get a TR. I'm going to get a reputation. :rofl2:

Great start, I love all the pictures so far.

It was great seeing your Mama again that little lady cracks me up! Linda is one of the nicest, funniest people I've met in a long time. Will I have to harass her too? She needs to be a Fiend she fits right in with our crazy group!!

I'm ready for more now!!

Rita, Great start on the TR. I always love to hear about the adventure of Oldekoot. You guys alway seem to have a great time.

First I had to harass Ed to make this trip happen, then I had to harass you to get a TR. I'm going to get a reputation. :rofl2:

Hey stop trying to steal Lou's job. :)

Cool start! Wish we had a local Hardees!

Hmmmm.

I was about to post and tell you that there was one in Tarpon Springs (not far), but I checked and it doesn't show up on the Hardee's website.

I thought there was one closer to us.

I must think that because I pass at least a dozen when I drive to Tallahassee. Plus there is one right on the FSU campus.

TCD

Ok, I'm just gonna go ahead. Ed can jump in where he can!

Down at the pool we saw Lorna, Bob, Kathy, Doodle and the kids. It's like a family reunion when I get to see some of my favorite Fiends! It was HOT and we weren't dressed for swimming. I took Linda around and showed her the snack bar and we walked over to the trading post. She was already loving it! We walked across the street and caught the bus back to the cabins.

We wanted to see the 4th of July fireworks, so we planned to go to the Poly on the 3rd to experience them at their best! Thankfully, we made reservations at Kona or we would have been turned away at the gate.

1341355586168.jpg

395975_484085948286464_576516272_n.jpg

Lapu Lapu

1341356957486.jpg

1341356980184.jpg

It's a little strong! :lmao1:

1341356986234.jpg

We found us a place at the Sushi Bar because we were a tad hungry and it was pouring rain!

1341357357475.jpg

1341357363501.jpg

1341357387118.jpg

1341357542994.jpg

1341358184706.jpg

It was really rough for a while when the fireworks were delayed and EVERYONE had to come inside. It was so loud that it was almost unbearable. They kept delaying and delaying. We were ready to give up and headed on up to Kona to see if we could get in early. Thankfully, we went right in!

My absolute favorite from Kona!

576005_484086364953089_1423553272_n.jpg

We had the BEST waiter ever! I hope Ed will post his picture here! He was so sweet to my Mama!

They eventually had the fireworks and they were absolutely awesome! I do not have a single photo of them, but I know Ed does and I hope he will chime in now!

Some repeats and then on to some pood forn:

IMG_1854.jpg

The wreath that Linda donated to the Raffle.

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

After the trip to Winn Dixie by OldeKoot & I and Rita & Linda making a brief visit with the Fiends, we headed to the Poly. The plans - a 'meal' at the Sushi Bar, watch the Fireworks and then our reservations at Kona for appetizers and dessert.

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

The Sushi bar ... the Sushi was NOT impressive, but the drinks went over well.

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

It is starting to storm, so I'm cutting this short to make sure I get something posted.

I really admire, even though you're both BHLs, you and Ed on how you involve your mom, I refuse to call her Oldekoot, in your lives.

It's something you don't see or hear much about in today's culture.

I'm glad that I've met the three of you and can call you friends.

Now if we could only work on that liberal thing.

Heck, she wouldn't let us leave her out if we tried! Seriously, family always comes first!

Can't wait to see more!

:)

If I didn't already adore that woman, this is the icing on the cake! :rotfl6:

You know there will be more!

Way To Go, Rita!

A cabin trip report!

Great job on the site decorating, especially that wreath.

Your crocked photos must have been fixed, as they look fine to me.

TCD

That was so weird, when I went to bed many of them were still sideways!

Love it Rita! Love the biscuit pic...have never tried that one. Looks really tasty. And I LOVE Mama's comment from the back seat. LOL!

Do ya have more pics? I know Ed took about a billion of them....

That biscuit is (z snap) "to die for" as Bob would say!

Great start, I love all the pictures so far.

It was great seeing your Mama again that little lady cracks me up! Linda is one of the nicest, funniest people I've met in a long time. Will I have to harass her too? She needs to be a Fiend she fits right in with our crazy group!!

I'm ready for more now!!

Like I said, I will love you at the Fort October through March! All the harassment in the world will not get me down there in July again!