From War To Peace - Mini TR. Updated 8/5

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For some of you long term fiends, you will know who Jordan is. For those who don't, I will give you a bit of back story. Jordan is my son's BF. They met a couple of years ago and hit it off immediatel

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story Stef. Tell Jordan thanks for his service to our country and the Fiends are proud. :usa:

You and the others have given him what he needed and before you know it, he'll be back. We're 100% behind him and all the other heroes.

B/c Stef is soooo modest and such a prude. Fuddy-Duddy.

:clint:

Yes, because peeing in the middle of a dirt road is so much more ladylike.

Only 41 mores days for me now Stef...thanks for asking! :heart:

:jumpforjoy Hooray!

Since poor Ryan was stuck in the sugar sand, he had to unload right there on the "road" around the pond.

Nate & Jordan doing a check.

OceanPondAug2012021.jpg

The Amigo backing off the trailer.

OceanPondAug2012023.jpg

About this time Ryan was feeling a little better since numerous trucks got stuck just getting in.

OceanPondAug2012022.jpg

OceanPondAug2012026.jpg

Swamp Donkey is the next one to be unleashed.

OceanPondAug2012024.jpg

And then the Yota. Trevor basically put this together as a pull truck for when the boys get theirs stuck.

OceanPondAug2012027.jpg

This is the front side of the pond where the small trucks and 4 wheelers can play. This shot was first thing in the morning while there is still some hard ground showing. Once you get everyone rooting in it, it becomes a big mess.

OceanPondAug2012025.jpg

The staff on tractor drove up to tell us where the "bad stuff" is. This 88 acres has numerous springs in it, and some of the holes under the water will swallow a basic truck.

OceanPondAug2012028.jpg

I think his tractor's sexy, it really turns me on.. Kenny Chesney anyone?

OceanPondAug2012029.jpg

Please notice I'm still representing Mickey on my tank (besides, it's black, black is good for stainability) Yes, I made that word up.

This truck used to be a rock crawler and has 4 wheel steer, that's why it looks so cacked out.

OceanPondAug2012030.jpg

OceanPondAug2012031.jpg

It's hard to get a good read on how big some of these trucks are, since they're all pretty big. Here's one arriving in tow, which will put it into perspective.

OceanPondAug2012071.jpg

Nate went to do his parade lap.

Mudbog lesson #1: You must first make a parade lap around the hole to let other's size up your equipment and see it while it's still clean.

While Trevor took his out for it's first run. The Yota is a work in progress, he's still working out some bugs.

OceanPondAug2012066.jpg

Mud bog lesson # 2: After you have reamed the snot out of your truck and covered it in muck, bring it in to cool down.

OceanPondAug2012032.jpg

Nate made his first run in 2 wheel drive, but I don't have a pic as I was taking video.

If you want to see that, here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJZupYfDoqg&feature=plcp

This is what he looked like after.

OceanPondAug2012035.jpg

OceanPondAug2012036.jpg

Testing out his 4 wheel drive 4 wheeler

OceanPondAug2012038.jpg

OceanPondAug2012039.jpg

While Jordan rode Nate's other non-mudder

OceanPondAug2012040.jpg

Ryan took his Jeep out.

OceanPondAug2012047.jpg

And had to stop and lock it into 4-wheel drive. :hah:

OceanPondAug2012049.jpg

While everyone was cooling down, Nate and I hopped on the 4 wheeler to take in the sights.

Here are some locals vehicles.

OceanPondAug2012041.jpg

OceanPondAug2012043.jpg

OceanPondAug2012044.jpg

OceanPondAug2012045.jpg

Then we ventured to the back hole. This is what we were riding in and I still stayed relatively clean.

OceanPondAug2012048.jpg

Mike was "riding b**ch" with Jordo.

OceanPondAug2012050.jpg

On the far side of where we were parked are the bad holes.

OceanPondAug2012052.jpg

This guy was an idiot. He has a bad-a$$ motor in the truck so he would go from one side of the other at full speed.

OceanPondAug2012033.jpg

Mud Bog Lesson #3: That's NOT mud bogging, that's mud racing. Big difference.

He did this ALL day. The one time Nate and I got stuck (to the bottom of the doors) this same guy decided to pull up next to us in a slow crawl to "show us how it's done"

Here is his picture from that attempt.

OceanPondAug2012083.jpg

Dummy!

When I get back, some various shots, lunch and then we'll let the real slinging begin!

You sure that's not the 1900 loop?

Just like it, minus the skeeters. I was surprised that we weren't eaten alive. I did bring bug spray just in case, but the only things flying around were gnats.

Not to be confused with nate. ^-^

So is this mudbogging an arranged event, or do folks just show up?

This is an event. They're all over the state. This one used to be much bigger, but like everything else, it has suffered with the economy. The bigger the truck, the more fuel it sucks.

Not to mention: Entry fees, food, beer, lodging if you're doing both days.....it's an expensive sport just like any others.

I loved the part where the show off got stuck in the mud.

I love it when that happens.

TCD

Oh, we did too! He wasn't so good at the bogging part.

Steph, David and I are really enjoying your photos!

BTW, that port-a-john was just plain scary.

Thanks Gwen. It takes a certain type of person to understood good old fashioned clean muddy fun.

There are a few new port a johns closer to the hole that are much nicer, but they're still port a johns.

you are bring up memories from my childhood..... fourwheelers, waterholes, and SNAKES!!

I keep forgetting that you're a redneck woman! Believe it or not, I didn't see one creature while we were there (other than the locals ??? )

I know, I know I'm a pansy!!

No, you're just a northerner. ;)

I would bet money that if you went one time, you would love it!

Not to mention, ya know those folks that pay big money for a mud bath? I got one for $5. On the ride home, my skin felt so tight I thought it would rip.

That looks like a lot of fun!

The picture of Big Time getting stuck was hilarious!

It was FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC! I will have more on that story later.

Sitting here crying with joy for you, Nate and Jordan.

Jordan THANK YOU for your service!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much.

I just passed on all the messages and he said "Thank them all, I really appreciate it!"

I had planned to finish this mud fest up today, but it's tough to keep food stocked, cooked and baked for a young man who hasn't had home cooking in 7 months!

Add in my own DH and son, and all the buddies, and I've spent more time in my kitchen in the last week, than I have in all 23 years I've lived here.

It's all worth it though! :heart:

Ok folks, we're moving on.

Random mud shots:

I took this shot of the "virgin mud" where you can see that it looks pretty sturdy. In the Florida sun, it gets a nice crust to it, but you never know how deep it is until you bail off into it.

OceanPondAug2012057.jpg

We found this little boy stuck and I asked if I could take his picture.

OceanPondAug2012056.jpg

Ryan & Allison took the Jeep through the hole.

OceanPondAug2012053.jpg

OceanPondAug2012055.jpg

Mud Bog lesson #4: Jeeps are great for bogging! They will root all over the place, but be prepared to get DIRTY!

OceanPondAug2012059.jpg

For comparison purposes, I had been riding in Nate's Bronco and looked like this.

cid__IMG_2580.jpg

Once you're that filthy, it doesn't even matter, you just want to go back out there.

Ryan & Allison decide to take the Amigo out for another run, while I got lunch out of the cooler.

When they returned, Allison VERY calmly pointed at the Amigo and quietly said "fire"

I said "huh?"

Nate screamed "FIRE!!!" and moved faster than I've ever seen him move. Ryan's battery had fallen over and caused a small fire. Nothing that the extinguisher couldn't handle.

Mud Bog Lesson #5: Women make the best boggers. We don't care if we get your truck stuck, break axles, blow the motor up or apparently let it burn to the ground.

We don't have to fix it.

Assessing the damages:

OceanPondAug2012060.jpg

All is good, under the hood.

Lunch time!

I had made a huge Italian sub platter that morning, along with macaroni salad, a big bowl of fruit and chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

OceanPondAug2012061.jpg

Allison was stuffed! You know you've lowered your beauty standards when you lay your head six inches from a pool of tranny fluid.

Thatta girl! ^-^

OceanPondAug2012062.jpg

Nate was....being Nate.

OceanPondAug2012073.jpg

Jordan was posing

OceanPondAug2012072.jpg

With 1/2 the day over and nothing broken, it's time to go for the gusto!

Mud Bog lesson #6: Don't get too big for your britches and tear your truck up first thing in the morning. It's a long, sad day watching from the sidelines.

Nathen and I going for it!

You saw the hole that "mud racer" was stuck in?

We crawled over to that spot and dropped off in it.

To the bottom of the doors.

About 4 inches of that 44 inch mud tire showing.

Nathen hops out and treads water wades to the back and drags out the tow rope. No need for any words, the rest of the gang is watching from shore and this is the sign for "I'm done!"

Before Trevor could even get to us, this guy

OceanPondAug2012045.jpg

says "I'll try to get you out" Most rednecks are good people.

He gives us a good tug, we pop out and thank him for his help. I hear Nathen add "My Dad's here now, I'm GOING back through there!"

He jumps back into the driver's seat and says "ready?"

It was then that "mud racer" pulled up beside us to show off. I told Nathen to hold on while I watched this play out. You saw the outcome of that. Dummy!

I braced myself, my right hand on the roll cage, my left on the back of Nate's seat, and say "Go for it!"

We blasted through it, hootin and hollerin! And laughing at "stuck mud racer"

Our temps were a little too high, so we pulled in for a breather.

OceanPondAug2012075.jpg

Found out his electric fan had disconnected. Yep, that'll do it!

OceanPondAug2012074.jpg

Coming up: Boggers who had a bad day and we all get a bath.