What to do when you boss says "Yes. You can take your 3 weeks of vacation at once"

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so when we left off we had made an unscheduled stop at Lyman Lake. It was a beautiful place but we had a date with our first National Park of the trip. So we packed up and headed out around 7 a.m.

Silvia was feeling better and it was time to head back to California Adventure. We had the reserved area for World of Color so we headed over there to watch the show. A nice moon that night A s

We detoured an hour put of puts for Shenandoah

Okay let's try this again. I loaded all of our first day at Disneyland pictures. Bob should be happy as I think there will be more pics than words for a little while here.

Some of these may duplicate the previous posting and for that I apologize.

Arriving at Disneyland

DSC03891.jpg

DSC03892.jpg

DSC03893.jpg

Over the tunnel and in the tunnel

DSC03894.jpg

DSC03895.jpg

DSC03896.jpg

DSC03897.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

DSC03899.jpg

DSC03900.jpg

Entering the town square.

DSC03901.jpg

DSC03902.jpg

DSC03903.jpg

Deliberate duplicate as I love to see my wife's smile.

DSC03905.jpg

Fire house with Walt's apartment over it.

DSC03906.jpg

On the doors to the area with the Main St. vehicles.

DSC03907.jpg

The parades work a little different at Disneyland. They don't have the space to run in a loop going through the backstage area, so if there are 2 parades one starts at Small World and ends here. Then they reverse it for the next parade.

Starting down Main St.

DSC03908.jpg

DSC03910.jpg

DSC03911.jpg

DSC03912.jpg

DSC03913.jpg

DSC03914.jpg

DSC03915.jpg

In the next post we will visit Tomorrowland and the Hub.

Moving on to Tomorrowland and the Hub.

DSC03916.jpg

DSC03917.jpg

DSC03918.jpg

DSC03919.jpg

DSC03920.jpg

DSC03921.jpg

While I was in line for Star Tours fastpasses Silvia went to take pictures.

Sleeping Beauty is a much smaller castle. The Matterhorn overshadows it.

DSC03922.jpg

DSC03923.jpg

The statues in the hub.

DSC03924.jpg

DSC03925.jpg

DSC03926.jpg

DSC03928.jpg

DSC03931.jpg

DSC03932.jpg

DSC03934.jpg

DSC03935.jpg

And the big cheese's themselves.

DSC03936.jpg

A look back down Main St.

DSC03927.jpg

A look towards Tomorrowland.

DSC03929.jpg

One of the Main St. Vehicles.

DSC03937.jpg

Looking towards Frontierland

DSC03938.jpg

towards Adventureland

DSC03940.jpg

The Matterhorn in the distance

DSC03941.jpg

Another Main St Vehicle.

DSC03943.jpg

DSC03945.jpg

Towards the plaza restaurant.

DSC03947.jpg

DSC03950.jpg

In front of the castle

DSC03951.jpg

DSC03953.jpg

Picture limit.

I am speechless. I haven't even begun to digest all of those desert and National Park photos! We are NP nerds, too. My kids have passports and we go to them every chance we get to check them out and get our books stamped. Will be going to one in GA this weekend.

And then there is the San Diego Zoo……now there is someplace I can say I have been, too! My brother was also stationed there during his time in the Navy and I went out for spring break one year. We were at the zoo at a time when there were some sort of extra-special pandas from China there. We also went to Coronado and I stayed near LaJolla. My BIL lives in Oceanside and we need to get our kids out there to visit their cousins and see all of this cool stuff. Thank you for that reminder.

Carry on……..

I am speechless. I haven't even begun to digest all of those desert and National Park photos! We are NP nerds, too. My kids have passports and we go to them every chance we get to check them out and get our books stamped. Will be going to one in GA this weekend.

And then there is the San Diego Zoo……now there is someplace I can say I have been, too! My brother was also stationed there during his time in the Navy and I went out for spring break one year. We were at the zoo at a time when there were some sort of extra-special pandas from China there. We also went to Coronado and I stayed near LaJolla. My BIL lives in Oceanside and we need to get our kids out there to visit their cousins and see all of this cool stuff. Thank you for that reminder.

Carry on……..

I didn't get my National Parks Passport till I was 40. I love collecting stamps and then loolking back to where I've been.

Okay that does it. Selling the house and hitting the road. :heartsmiley:

Seriously, though, what an awesome trip! Just the kind of adventure that I can't WAIT to take DD on one summer together! National Parks, San Diego Zoo, Disneyland, you guys really did it all! I'm already curious, though. Was the trip home tough? Or did you plan a totally different (and also awesome) route home? I have often thought about flying out to like Lubbock or Amarillo and renting an RV from there - my rationale is that we've just SEEN everything from here to there 875 times...

And I like Silvia's smile, too. You guys look like fun to hang out with.

Carry on……..

Oh I will. We have several more National Parks to hit after we leave Disneyland in a couple of days.

Jason,

This is the best trip report!!! I love how you two travel!

The Disneyland pictures are getting to me...............A week ago today, we were still there...........I miss it...........

Can't wait for more!!!

Heidi

Glad you are enjoying. It's been a year for us but we can not wait to get back.

Okay that does it. Selling the house and hitting the road. :heartsmiley:

Seriously, though, what an awesome trip! Just the kind of adventure that I can't WAIT to take DD on one summer together! National Parks, San Diego Zoo, Disneyland, you guys really did it all! I'm already curious, though. Was the trip home tough? Or did you plan a totally different (and also awesome) route home? I have often thought about flying out to like Lubbock or Amarillo and renting an RV from there - my rationale is that we've just SEEN everything from here to there 875 times...

And I like Silvia's smile, too. You guys look like fun to hang out with.

Believe it or not this is only the end of the first of 3 weeks. We have several more national parks and monuments to see before this trip is over.

Disneyland looks so incredible. Just knowing Walt's personal role in it makes it so special.

It is really nice Dave. Similar to Disney World but different enough to be well worth the trip out there. And to see the actual attractions that Walt worked on is cool as well.

Love your report. Been to the San Diego zoo (it was the best zoo I've ever been to) and the Coronado Hotel. Couldn't afford to stay there either. Bought a drink and enjoyed the beach. I feel like i'm running trying to keep up with you two! Love the pics.

Very cool update!! I felt the same about Disneyland, so cool to see where Walt walked. You mentioned being next to the mall. (Was it Riverview) or something like that? I stayed at the Super 8 on Katella and was right next to that mall and some incredible restaurants.

Loving your whole TR. I hope to get to Disneyland some day. Only time I've been to Calif. was a family vacation way way back in 1979 (I was 16). I begged to go to Disneyland but my parents decided our theme park would be Knotts Berry Farm because we'd been to WDW twice so we'd already "done" Disney. I remember giving them the silent treatment for many hours about that decision.

Loving your whole TR. I hope to get to Disneyland some day. Only time I've been to Calif. was a family vacation way way back in 1979 (I was 16). I begged to go to Disneyland but my parents decided our theme park would be Knotts Berry Farm because we'd been to WDW twice so we'd already "done" Disney. I remember giving them the silent treatment for many hours about that decision.

That is funny. We never went to California on a family trip when I was a kid, but I known my dad would have done the same thing.

Jason-

Thanks for all the Disneyland photos! I find them all so interesting. There are so many similarities and yet so many differences between Disneyland and WDW. It is really fun to look at the photos for both.

TCD

Jason-

What's with the wires I see in these photos?

It looks like crap.

Very un-Disney:

DSC03941.jpg

DSC03951.jpg

Hey look, it's a mountain!

Really, why are there wires coming out of a mountain?

What wires?

TCD

If I am not mistaken, they use the mountain to send Tinkerbell off during the fireworks. Why so many wires, I do not know.

Love your report. Been to the San Diego zoo (it was the best zoo I've ever been to) and the Coronado Hotel. Couldn't afford to stay there either. Bought a drink and enjoyed the beach. I feel like i'm running trying to keep up with you two! Love the pics.

Glad you are enjoying them!

Very cool update!! I felt the same about Disneyland, so cool to see where Walt walked. You mentioned being next to the mall. (Was it Riverview) or something like that? I stayed at the Super 8 on Katella and was right next to that mall and some incredible restaurants.

I believe that might have been the name of the mall.

Great updates! San Diego, the zoo, mission and beach I've been to. Shockingly, never to DL. This is making me want to schedule a day on my drive down the CA coast next month, now.

You should if for no other reason than to report back on Cars Land. And to see World of Color. Oh and the Soundsational Parade. Screw it just take me with you!

Loving the California pics! I'll probably never make it that far out west, so it's great to see it through your eyes!

Glad that you are enjoying the pics.

I would probably still be holding a grudge if that had happened to me.

That is funny. We never went to California on a family trip when I was a kid, but I known my dad would have done the same thing.

Jason-

Thanks for all the Disneyland photos! I find them all so interesting. There are so many similarities and yet so many differences between Disneyland and WDW. It is really fun to look at the photos for both.

TCD

You really have to stop and think a little when you are there, and yes look at the map, Because while the layout is similar some things are in completely different places. And there are the things that aren't in FL.

animated-smileys-surprised-007-1.gif

That is all.

LOL you did warn me.

Jason-

What's with the wires I see in these photos?

It looks like crap.

Very un-Disney:

DSC03941.jpg

DSC03951.jpg

Hey look, it's a mountain!

Really, why are there wires coming out of a mountain?

What wires?

TCD

They had both Tinkerbell AND Dumbo flying when we saw Magical!, which is their Summertime fireworks show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpn9VBCkbIs

Although the layout for Disneyland is about the same as the Magic Kingdom, the space is much smaller. What takes 10 minutes in the Magic Kingdom to walk to, will take less than half that at Disneyland.

Very true. and yet my feet were still killing me by the end of the day.

They had both Tinkerbell AND Dumbo flying when we saw Magical!, which is their Summertime fireworks show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpn9VBCkbIs

Dude- you want me to watch a 15 minute long video?

I tried.

Too long.

But, I did see Tinkerbell at the beginning. And Dumbo at about 8:23. Then I had to stop.

Hopefully, I didn't miss anything important.

The flying Tinkerbell and Dumbo are pretty cool, I'm not going to lie.

But those wires look bad in the daylight.

TCD

Dude- you want me to watch a 15 minute long video?

I tried.

Too long.

But, I did see Tinkerbell at the beginning. And Dumbo at about 8:23. Then I had to stop.

Hopefully, I didn't miss anything important.

The flying Tinkerbell and Dumbo are pretty cool, I'm not going to lie.

But those wires look bad in the daylight.

TCD

Nope you caught the important stuff. Oh and Tink comes back out towards the end. I figured I would throw it up for anyone who wanted to see it.

Nope you caught the important stuff. Oh and Tink comes back out towards the end. I figured I would throw it up for anyone who wanted to see it.

I appreciate it. The video is well done. Just long. But, I guess it's a long show.

And that Tinkerbell flys way better than the dude who shoots down the wire and crashes into the mattress at WDW.

TCD