We Biked, Got Spiked, Celebrated and Swam Around the World!

Ended my first ever TR a couple of hours ago. Made me a little sad.

Good thing I have another trip to the Fort to begin a new TR!

Why not? I know you're all just dying to look at more of my boring exciting pictures of yet another park-free week at the Fort!

So let's go!

Summer 2012 was a busy one for our family. Lots of travel, kids' camps, beach time. Even though we had already done quite a lot, I could not imagine not making it to the Fort before school started back up. I needed a fix.

Fortunately, we are able to take advantage of FL resident rates. And there was availability for the week we had free. We would be staying in a full hook-up at the Fort from 8/5-8/12. My husband would once again only be there on the weekends while the kids and I stayed all week.

We couldn't go down on Friday or Saturday because the boys had a scout day at Ichetucknee Springs State Park that they really wanted to go to. So my husband took them to that while I got us all ready to go to the Fort. I love to go tubing too, but needed the time to get us ready. If you ever have a chance to visit any of the springs in FL, do it. It's a great experience. A real-life lazy river.

The husband and kids went and picked up our TT and drove on down to Orlando on Sunday. They got there around 2. Check-in was a breeze, he called me from the gate to tell me which sites were available and I tried to remember what I had read on FF about the full hook-up loops. We got the only site left in the 1600 loop, which was great.

DSC00623.jpg

Sorry for the CM butt shot there.

We are behind the trees - blue awning, the site was on a corner. It wasn't the best one we've ever had, but I liked it fine. And it was all that was left in the loop we wanted.

DSC00459.jpg

I had a bit more packing to do so left later and ended up getting snarled in some ugly I-4 traffic around 5 pm. So, I decided to just get off around Sea World and head over to the Walmart on Turkey Lake Road to get groceries and some other things. This WM is way less crazy than the one on 535, I'll never go to that one again.

Then the rain came. And how.

Meanwhile, the guys picked up our rental cart, then had to wait out the rain to finish setting up. Somehow our fridge never turned on, and when I returned later with the groceries, we had to put the frozen food in the cooler until the freezer was ready. Not cool. (pun intended). Guess what we had for dinner? Yup, soggy microwave meals and ice cream! HA!

I didn't arrive until about 7. The rain had stopped, so after we got the luggage out of my car and I made up our beds, we went looping. Went back to the camper, kids played games, watched Olympics, and I puttered around putting stuff away and wiping up the Terro residue from the ant issue we had. (BTW that stuff worked great!)

We got a nice shower and hit the hay.

Even just seeing this makes me smile! Yes, it's a CS mat,and I am strange!

IMG_0647.jpg

I need to remember to take more travel day photos!

That's it for day 1.

FP4

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that's what I'm talking about! Wrap one up and start another! :thumbsup2: Bonus points for CM booty shot.

I love the stare down. That chick looks a lot like a woman in my neighborhood who wears a similar hat. INC would like to slap it off her head. Good for you for taking her pic. Reminds me of somethi

Good job on the pool hopping! Although I think it was just an excuse to go pool bar hopping! :doublebeer: :wine:

I'm in!! Can't wait to read more FP4 adventures!

Like the bathroom mat says, Howdy!

You're not strange. Seeing that floor mat makes my eyes a bit misty too.

Thank you. It's just one of those "Fort" things that makes me happy. Even in the sh*tter.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Wrap one up and start another! :thumbsup2:

Bonus points for CM booty shot.

Yeah, baby!

Is anyone keeping score? Cuz I can go out and snap pictures of butts all day long!

Count me in!

Please don't let this take you away from your amazing cross-country TR. Now that is worth reading!

No Dave, that's from the smell of the men's room and it's called irritated, not misty.

hehehe. My sons have told me of the funky aromas in those bathrooms.

eeeeewwwww

A needed reminder that Stef is alive and well.

I think I have some others in this batch of pictures that will do the same!

I'm in, oh and extra points for the but shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that extra on top of the extra someone already gave me???

On to day 2! Sadly, my husband had to leave at 4:30 am. I woke up when he was leaving, actually I hadn't slept well at all that night and had woken up several times. My tummy was bothering me and I was very congested. I didn't get back to sleep for at least an hour after he left. Even after I woke up again, I still felt really crummy. I was so worried that I was going to be sick while on vacation! But, I also knew that this was how my body sometimes reacts to stress, and decided to make it mind over matter. I wouldn't be sick, and that was that.

Nonetheless, I dragged all morning. Kept having to lay down. The boys had muffins for breakfast and we went looping. We saw a small alligator and a very large turtle in the green canal beside the group camping area. Of course I didn't have my phone or my camera. Phooey.

I still didn't feel good, so rested a little more and took some otc meds. Way to spend the first day! The boys rode their scooters around the loop and played games.

We had some sandwiches and fruit, then headed to the Meadow pool. It was wall to wall, and not one chair without a towel on it. Turned right around, jumped on the cart, and headed over to the cabin pool. Much better!

DSC00435.jpg

I'll admit, I've got a few pet peeves. OK a lot of them. One is when people stare. There was a woman at the pool who would not stop staring at me. The last thing any woman (well except those who thrive on attention) wants is someone staring at her, at a pool, in a swimsuit. And trust me, I am nothing to stare at! I'm your average middle-aged mom who wears one of those oh-so-flattering tankinis with a skirt to cover up my cottage cheese ass. No implants, nothing out of the ordinary. I am not one of those gals who feels the need to expose the world to every inch of excess skin that can legally be shown. My bikini days are long over, and I am over that! I could not figure out why she was staring. She watched me get in the pool, get out, walk to my chair, and continued to stare at me just sitting in the lounge chair.

When I was a kid, we had a saying if we caught someone staring at us - "why don't you take a picture? it will last longer!".

So I took her picture. And she stopped staring at me!

Here she is, the one with the hat. As soon as I aimed the camera at her she turned away:

DSC00437.jpg

Her hubby has his trunks all hiked up. How come she's not staring at that? (Hey, Stef: I just noticed - there's another booty shot for ya!)

Between the meds and being out in the fresh air, I was feeling much better, thank goodness! We stayed at the cabin pool for about 2 hours, then hopped on our cart and did some looping to dry off.

DSC00439.jpg

We headed back over to the Creekside Meadow to see if we could catch that gator out again, since I now had the camera. Of course he was nowhere to be seen. But we did see these guys across from the 2000 bus stop:

DSC00440.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

Hey, look! Another butt shot!

DSC00442.jpg

So much for drying off - it started pouring on our way back to the TT:

DSC00445.jpg

It rained for quite a while. We waited it out in the TT, and I got some more organizing and cleaning done.

We had hot dogs, tater tots and apples for dinner. No pictures. Who wants to see a picture of a hot dog, anyway?

Later on, we hit the Meadow pool. It was much better at night.

DSC00446.jpg

No wait at all for the slide:

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

And that brings us to the end of our first full day. Try to contain your excitement.

FP4

The "Great Fort Stare Down" I love it. :rofl2: I'm glad to hear you started feeling better, you're right being sick on vacation sucks.

You may be surprised to find out that there may be many Fiends that would want to see a picture of your hot dog. Where is Dave, anyway? :))

The Fort Slide was still open at 9:30pm??? I thought it would close when the guards would go off duty. Were they working that late??

When I was there in July they were on duty until 10. At 10 they closed the slide and read everyone who was in the pool rules they had to obey. Then they left.

Triple score for hot dog shots. quad if the bun is tight.

You're killing me!!

The "Great Fort Stare Down" I love it. :rofl2: I'm glad to hear you started feeling better, you're right being sick on vacation sucks.

You may be surprised to find out that there may be many Fiends that would want to see a picture of your hot dog. Where is Dave, anyway? :))

I'm telling you, it bugs me. Bad.

Next time I promise to take hot dog pictures! I do have some of nuggets, will that do?

Thank you for providing me another Fort fix! Cannot wait to hear more! :)

Sure! Chipping away at it.

The Fort Slide was still open at 9:30pm??? I thought it would close when the guards would go off duty. Were they working that late??

I want to say they shut it down for good by 10. I guess they keep it open longer during the summer? Of course, that didn't stop some idiot teenagers from getting on it anyway later that night. They were also jumping into the pool from the top of the guard chairs. Brilliant. I finally told the boys we had to go because I didn't want them to have to witness one of those dolts cracking their head open.

How did you know what time it was? Are my photos time-stamped once posted? Just curious.

I love the stare down. That chick looks a lot like a woman in my neighborhood who wears a similar hat. INC would like to slap it off her head. Good for you for taking her pic.

Reminds me of something that happened to me a couple weeks ago on my way to work. A woman was tailgating me in a Jag coming down a steep, long hill. Speed limit is 40, and I was doing 42-43 or so. At the bottom of the hill there is an intersection, and just before that she crossed double lines to pass me and cut me off. We then got caught at the light, me right behind her. I could see her looking at me in her mirror, so I took my phone and proceeded to take pictures of her, including her license plate. She started waving her arms at me, rolled down her window and gave me the finger. I couldn't help but laugh. She got herself so worked up...why can't people just relax?