We Biked, Got Spiked, Celebrated and Swam Around the World!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that's what I'm talking about! Wrap one up and start another! :thumbsup2: Bonus points for CM booty shot.

I love the stare down. That chick looks a lot like a woman in my neighborhood who wears a similar hat. INC would like to slap it off her head. Good for you for taking her pic. Reminds me of somethi

Good job on the pool hopping! Although I think it was just an excuse to go pool bar hopping! :doublebeer: :wine:

Great start to another TR. Can't wait for more (although I would be ok with no more butt shots or atleast no more guy butt shots). :)

I love the stare down. That chick looks a lot like a woman in my neighborhood who wears a similar hat. INC would like to slap it off her head. Good for you for taking her pic.

Reminds me of something that happened to me a couple weeks ago on my way to work. A woman was tailgating me in a Jag coming down a steep, long hill. Speed limit is 40, and I was doing 42-43 or so. At the bottom of the hill there is an intersection, and just before that she crossed double lines to pass me and cut me off. We then got caught at the light, me right behind her. I could see her looking at me in her mirror, so I took my phone and proceeded to take pictures of her, including her license plate. She started waving her arms at me, rolled down her window and gave me the finger. I couldn't help but laugh. She got herself so worked up...why can't people just relax?

Don't you know who she is?

And you didn't get out of her way? What's wrong with you?

Ha Ha. Glad you gave her a little scare. Sorry you got the peace sign.

What the heck? I come home from work, eat dinner, and you already slap down a 2 pager? You win...I quit!

Dude? I have you to thank, your cool method of creating a TR is much faster!

You can't quit! Where do you think I steal borrow my material?

Oh boy another TR :)

The butt shot of the guy with the rude female almost has booby shots of her :P

Hey, you're right. But not as bad as those chicks in TCD's latest cruise TR.

I could have sworn you said in your post that the pool was much better at 9:30 at night?? I reread it, but it's not there, weird huh!!

Oh, OK. I thought my photos looked different to others, or had links.

It probably was around 9:30 though…..we were there when the guards left.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Wrap one up and start another! :thumbsup2:

Bonus points for CM booty shot.

What she said!

WTG FP4!

I finally told the boys we had to go because I didn't want them to have to witness one of those dolts cracking their head open.

Fun sucker!

This kind of thing has been going on for years. It I am surprised no one has been seriously hurt.

And, BTW, did you notice all the girls' hair ties that are thrown up there on the water tank platform? :

DSC00456.jpg

I don't know how this fad got started, but look at all the hair ties!

A couple or three of them belong to the TCD twins, and I may or may not have thrown one up there to. We are followers.

BTW- that is a great photo!

TCD

Day 3. Feeling much better, but still didn’t sleep well. The kids watched a little Disney channel and we had muffins, croissants and yogurt for breakfast.

We got dressed and went looping. Tried to once again capture that gator on the camera, and once again, he was nowhere to be found. That canal is mighty slimy though, so it could have been just beneath the scum hiding.

DSC00457.jpg

We did come up on some goth-looking teenagers just sitting in a cart way back in the group camping area parking lot. I am honestly not sure if it was a guy and a girl or 2 girls but they didn’t look like they were up to anything. Probably just trying to stay in the shade. I imagine it gets hot wearing all that black clothing. No pictures – they didn’t stare at me.

On our way out of that area, we saw some deer again.

DSC00458.jpg

We hung around the site for a while, and had some lunch. I am sure it was the usual sandwiches, chips, fruit, etc.

This is when we went on our biking adventure! We love to ride our bikes all over the Fort. The boys especially like sailing down that bridge between the Bike Barn and Meadow Trading Post, and riding the little hills in the group camping area. Poor FL kids have never really experience “real” hills like I got to growing up in NY.

Here we are leaving the loop:

DSC00460.jpg

And back over in the group tent area:

DSC00462.jpg

From there, we crossed over the bridge between the group area and the 900 loop, but turned and went down the dog walk area. No one was out walking their dogs, so we enjoyed the path all to ourselves:

DSC00463.jpg

That canal is so gross right now. I wonder if the rain from Isaac will help with that?

DSC00469.jpg

As has been reported by several others this summer, the 800 loop was completely closed. Here are some views from behind 800:

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

After a while we came up on the old tracks. My boys were SO excited, having heard me talk about what I learned here on FF and seen some of the photos from our in-house investigative reporters, and Google. They had seen bits and pieces of the tracks here and there on other trips to the Fort, but since we don’t have a dog, we’ve never been back this way.

DSC00470.jpg

These ties are just sitting there off to the side of the old rail bed. They’re somewhere behind site 816, which was the only marker I could see when I was standing near them. It could be across the loop from the site these actually sit behind. But, they’re just sitting there, waiting for someone to pick them up……..hint, hint…….wouldn’t it be cool to have a shadow box frame made from FWRR ties to put our cool FWRR spikes in? HINT,HINT?!? Anyone?

DSC00474.jpg

Further down, getting closer to the road:

DSC00475.jpg

We rode down by the beach, and the kids played some tetherball. Saw this parasailer:

DSC00476.jpg

Then we ducked into the Settlement TP to get some AC and look around.

DSC00482.jpg

I’m sure someone has reported on these by now:

DSC00480.jpg

For the record, I am anti-Vinylmation. I find it odd.

We made our way back down the main road to our loop.

Butt count = 3

Rock on girl!! :jumpforjoy

(Genia...if FP4 supplies us with another one, that would make the butt count = 4. Just trying to help :clint: )

I think there's another one in the update I just posted. But, it's another deer. Boring!

What she said!

WTG FP4!

Fun sucker!

This kind of thing has been going on for years. It I am surprised no one has been seriously hurt.

And, BTW, did you notice all the girls' hair ties that are thrown up there on the water tank platform? :

DSC00456.jpg

I don't know how this fad got started, but look at all the hair ties!

A couple or three of them belong to the TCD twins, and I may or may not have thrown one up there to. We are followers.

BTW- that is a great photo!

TCD

I know, right? There were CM's who could see what they were doing, too. And I get fussed at for having tires off the pad.

Yeah, I've noticed those hair things. It's cool they leave them there. Shame they don't leave other things alone.

FP4

I am pro- "oh-so-flattering tankinis with a skirt to cover up my cottage cheese ass" having several of those myself. Also anti-vinylmation. Although the River Country Mickey is sort of cute in that odd vinylmation way. I was in the S TP a couple of times and apparently never looked up. That's one reason I love TR -- people take pictures of things I haven't noticed.

How did you know what time it was? Are my photos time-stamped once posted? Just curious.

Actually most photos have information added to the original image. The slide image was taken on 8/6 at 9:13:26pm with your Sony DSC-W650 camera with the lens zoomed to 4.5mm at 1/8 sec on f 2.6 with the flash on and red eye turned off..

Kinda creepy ... some even include GPS info.

Actually most photos have information added to the original image. The slide image was taken on 8/6 at 9:13:26pm with your Sony DSC-W650 camera with the lens zoomed to 4.5mm at 1/8 sec on f 2.6 with the flash on and red eye turned off..

Whoa!

I thought that data got wiped when photos are uploaded to Photobucket.

How do you access it?

TCD

I am pro- "oh-so-flattering tankinis with a skirt to cover up my cottage cheese ass" having several of those myself. Also anti-vinylmation. Although the River Country Mickey is sort of cute in that odd vinylmation way. I was in the S TP a couple of times and apparently never looked up. That's one reason I love TR -- people take pictures of things I haven't noticed.

Yeah, they're not the sexiest swimsuits, but it beats worrying about it and gets you in the pool instead of sitting on the side sweating your cottage cheese off!

We love fort only trips. getting to explore the greatest camping resort in the world! Can't wait for more!

Us too! So many fun things to do.

Kudos for taking that lady's picture!!! :rofl2: Great report so far!

Thanks. Sadly, she's probably forgotten all about me, but I get to remember her always.

late but in

Hi!

Count me in with the anti-vinylmation group. Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't get it.

Great update!!

They look like happy meal toys to me.

Thanks!

I'm not seeing the vinylmation thing either. But to each their own. Most people look at me funny when I snap a picture of my dinner.

Just start picking your nose. They'll look away.

What the Fort?!? Very creepy!

I'm anti-Vinylmation too and don't get it either.

Still enjoying your TR!

Seems to me it was a failed attempt to suck more of our money from our wallets like with pin trading.

Thanks!

If you upload the original file, it is there. There are allot of ways to view the different segments. I usually just open it in Photoshop and select file info.

I'll have to figure this out. Even though most everything I've put on pb is from the Fort, I still don't like that GPS feature. Thanks for the tip.

FP4

I have never understood the whole vinylmation thing either but the RC one is pretty cool. You never see RC stuff anymore and it's huge! I think it was $30 or so. I didn't like it that much. :)

I have never understood the whole vinylmation thing either but the RC one is pretty cool. You never see RC stuff anymore and it's huge! I think it was $30 or so. I didn't like it that much. :)

I don't like them either.

But twin #1 went through a vinylmation phase, and we have a little collection.

She has moved on to pins now. Much better.

There is a Musket Mickey and a Minnie Moo vinylmation. I would like to have one of each of those, along with the River Country one. But, I also like to not waste money, so I don't have any of those yet.

TCD

They're just strange. Is there still an entire store dedicated to them at DTD West side? We never seem to make it past the darn Lego store.

My son looked at the big RC one. It was 40 bucks. Rip off!

I don't like them either.

But twin #1 went through a vinylmation phase, and we have a little collection.

She has moved on to pins now. Much better.

There is a Musket Mickey and a Minnie Moo vinylmation. I would like to have one of each of those, along with the River Country one. But, I also like to not waste money, so I don't have any of those yet.

TCD

There were some small RC ones below the display of large ones at the beginning of the week, but by the end of our stay those were gone. I;m guessing they'll end up on eBay.

We have all of one Vinylmation, and my youngest spent his own money on it. Whenever they ask me to buy them I tell them no. But, I do spring for a pin every now and then.

iPhones and iPads do add the GPS location. Do not know about Android.. Unless they are high-end most common cameras do not.

Alright, then that shouldn't be a concern for me. A few of my pictures are with the iphone, but most are with my regular camera, which isn't high-end, at least I don't think it is! I don't really care if someone can see the date and time. I guess if I were in trouble with the law or something, it would matter, but unless they start arresting guests for pool-hopping, I should be OK.

FP4

Whoa!

I thought that data got wiped when photos are uploaded to Photobucket.

How do you access it?

TCD

I just went to get ready to organize my photos for my next update and tried to see if I could find this info for my images. No dice! And it's on my own page! Did you see all of that data on FF, or did you follow the link to photobucket?

Maybe you just have the ESPN or something. Now that would be creepy.