As far as the deer painted on Pan....I think it is all part of the effort to tie "old" Fantasyland together with NF.  The general theme of NF is one of a medieval European "fantasy forest" (except maybe Ariel....which should be carved out.  Literally).  From the upcoming Mine Train through the forest environment of Snow White, to the Beast's castle and Maurice's cottage, and all the way over to the Rapunzel tower, efforts were made to immerse the guest in that environment.  Unfortunately, much of old Fantasyland had more of a circusy, tenty feel.  I think they tried to pull it all together, so while the deer and tree motif on the outside of Pan might not make sense on a standalone basis, I think it does tie in aesthetically with everything else they've done.  

Interesting.

But I liked Devores' reasoning better- it's Phil Holmes' spirit animal.

I do see a resemblance.

TCD

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The chicken one was tricky. I don't think Ive ever seen them. But then again I don't ride the train too often.

Sorry... I was hungry...

It figures "That Guy" would get that.  

Posted Images

Found a posting that shows the painting there in 2010, so it's not THAT new: http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/peter-pans-flight/gallery/09jul2010-exterior-refurbishment/11206.htm

Jeez, those photos are from July 2010!

How many times have I walked past that deer portrait in the last 3 1/2 years?

I was sure it was new.

TCD

I got it. Because you are predictable and always post photos from your TR trips.

Its DHS, and Im guessing Tower of Terror in the boiler room area.

If I am so predictable, then why is this the second straight photo you struck out on?

Ha!  Strike Three for you!

But, I'll give you another at-bat.

The scene depicted in this photo is not inside- it is outside somewhere in either DHS or Epcot.

And I guess to move things along, I'll say that your guess is very, very warm.

TCD