A few things I saw while cruising around

246671_10151047057753663_1049188227_n.jpg

Its hard to see, but this man has a backpack with a GPS antenna sticking out of it, a measuring wheel, and blueprints. He was taking measurements along the sidewalk by the 1600/1700 area.

320324_10151047058003663_303068855_n.jpg

Could they be prepping to put a fence along this path? This is the same area where the bus/child accident occured.

10439_10151047058543663_516655770_n.jpg

Begining of the 1600 loop has equipment set up in it.

283022_10151047058693663_1002891271_n.jpg

as well as the 1700 loop.

It appears to be trenching to lay new lines, but not sure what for. Perhaps the new lights?

228106_10151047059353663_740690566_n.jpg

Sidewalk by the 2000 loop getting some work done.

We drove thru the Fort last night and they were trenching and laying about 3-4" diameter conduit in the 1700 loop for something. Not even sure it was conduit. It was on a huge spool - but it was light grey in color. Maybe someone could tell us from my vague description what this might be and what it's for?

We drove thru the Fort last night and they were trenching and laying about 3-4" diameter conduit in the 1700 loop for something. Not even sure it was conduit. It was on a huge spool - but it was light grey in color. Maybe someone could tell us from my vague description what this might be and what it's for?

If it were the 3000 loop I'd say it was the underground beer lines. But in 1700 I have no clue.

Dave is right. It will transport the beer to the 3000 loop from the remote storage facility. It,was going to be an above ground pipeline, but the environmental impact study showed that it would interfere with the armadillo migration.

Dave is right. It will transport the beer to the 3000 loop from the remote storage facility. It,was going to be an above ground pipeline, but the environmental impact study showed that it would interfere with the armadillo migration.

Let the armadillo's get their own damn BEER......

Two thoughts, maybe there are doing something about the drainage along the road by the 1600/1700 loops. when it rains it is a swamp there. or maybe they are putting in the cable for the wifi? just my thoughts

Funny you mention cable. There were flags all along the area where they were trenching that read "CATV" on them. I took it as the markers showing where the cables were allready buried, you know, so they dont cut them. but maybe they were route markers showing where to put them?

548159_10151047059198663_845204579_n.jpg

That is definitely where existing utilities are. Orange flags and paint are for low voltage light cable tv, data, and telephone. Red is power, yellow is propane/natural gas, blue is water, green is sewer and white is what the the engineer thinks they should dig up. I think they may use white also to delineate the area which has been surveyed for underground facilities.

Dave-

Thanks for posting the photos and your report. You know I love this type of thing!

What the heck is the guy in this photo doing walking around with a backpack GPS in dress clothes? What the Fort? :

320324_10151047058003663_303068855_n.jpg

TCD

I found it odd too. I would assume he is an engineer, not just a laborer. He had all kinds of blue prints and gadgets and was taking measurements and taking notes. I thought about relieving him of his blueprints and plans so we could have an insider look at the projects, but I decided it best not to try that.

I found it odd too. I would assume he is an engineer, not just a laborer. He had all kinds of blue prints and gadgets and was taking measurements and taking notes. I thought about relieving him of his blueprints and plans so we could have an insider look at the projects, but I decided it best not to try that.

I was thinking the same thing. You should have done it. (easy for me to say).

Also, where were you when you took this photo- you said it's near 1600/1700 but I see a premium grill on the site where you were. Were you on the 1200 loop, looking across the road?

TCD

Good eye. But I thought for sure the sleuth of the Fort would have allready known where the photo was taken.......

I was actually on the 1300 loop when the photo was taken. Cant remember the exact site but it was on the end loop by the canal. I was looking over towards the 1600/1700 loop entrance.

• 2 weeks later...

500 loop is still closed. Supposed to be the 28th now.

1400 is coned off so no one can get into that loop. They are doing the same thing they did to the 500 loop.

There is also construction at the outpost where ME drops guests off. They seem to working on the little building there.

Sorry no pics........

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...