Space Shuttle Endeavour to fly over Magic Kingdom

Tomorrow (9/19/12) the space shuttle Endeavour is schedules make its final flight. It will be traveling from the Kennedy Space Center to the California Science Center in Los Angeles, attached to a modified Boeing 747.

The flight path is expected to go directly over the Magic Kingdom at approximately 7:30am.

Sad. Very sad.

And now we cede the final frontier to China and Russia.

The program has lacked any clear vision for several presidencies now; so this result is not surprising.

If somebody would have told me (when I was a kid) that our space program would be in shambles in 2012, I would have wondered what type of glue they were sniffing.

Really is sad that our government is not exploring one of the only new frontiers left to us. But then again greed and corruption does that and their must not be any free flowing money to be made from it. I have vivid memories of the first Shuttle launches and watching them in school and being amazed and proud of what our country was accomplishing! Now my kids just get to see which ever puppet gets placed in office from either party. I wonder when China makes first contact with an alien race if they will offer cheap manufacturing to them?

This is the last time a shuttle will fly in any form. So NASA is making a big deal out of it and the trip to California is being used to give people a last look at the shuttle. WDW was just one fly over they did. When one thinks of Florida, WDW always comes to mind. So its a big icon. Hence, it made it on the flyover list. It is also flying over some of the NASA sites along the route, Sacramento and San Fran (the golden gate bridge) and Disneyland to name a few.

Something to think about as to the time. This launch was supposed to happen on Friday of last week. Due to weather, it was delayed and they then had a small window to get off the ground to avoid the weather. So the fly over would have taken place over a crowded park if it went as planned. But since the flight path was allready set, it could not be changed to eliminate WDW. Its a big en devour (no pun) to set this all up.