Do You Remember Your First Time?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn it Toddly, I do not smell like cigs only cigars. And I don't have a fire. Plus I'm not one dimensional, hell just look at those pic, I am definately 3D. I enjoy beer, punch, jello (whcih is go

I just want to add, that Bush has plenty of X chromosomes. I bet in perspective it now looks like the fake palm on Castaway Cay compared to its neighbors. And glad there were no standouts by the PoP

Sad to say but your site was filled with new people in less than a couple hours :'(. Wish you could have stayed longer! Great TR...waiting for the rest of the story! Amber's little Princess is stiff c

They are turning the Fort into East Berlin. Next thing you know, we are going to need airlifts of kungaloosh and punch just to survive.

Welll, I have MY connection to airlifts, so MY beer is SAFE!!! :jumpforjoy

For the right price, I will bring yours..... :clint:

Just think, the EWP could be our saving grace, we can smuggle beer on the octopus. :batman:

Welll, I have MY connection to airlifts, so MY beer is SAFE!!! :jumpforjoy

For the right price, I will bring yours..... :clint:

Just think, the EWP could be our saving grace, we can smuggle beer on the octopus. :batman:

You've just brought this hijack full circle....as the opening scene of Octopussy takes place in East Berlin.

One of the best movie titles ever, BTW. :clint:

Great update!

Thanks for hanging in with me Gwen. We're almost done.

So..... did you like the Rice Cream?? (Hint, if you go INSIDE the Norway Bakery), you get a much larger portion for only a $1 more!

It was ok for that type of thing. I'm a consistency type of girl.

I wanna chew it

or

swallow it.

Things like pudding, bananas, jello (not in shot form) confuse my mouth.

Trevor liked it though. ^-^

1. Tow nater looks super relaxed in that picture with his ex gal.

2. When I first looked at the same pic, it looks like genia's hand is around Trevors waist.

3. Pictures of a big ball are always good

4. I see Lou lurking down there... Lou where have ya been?

1. I fixed your response (please don't ask, tough time)

2. She was probably goosing him.

3. Agreed

4. He doesn't read reports.

This sounds like an awesome time. Also, note to self: never offer to bring the Jell-O shots when Stef's around.

Hey Brent! Good to see you.

Why no jello shots? You can never have too many.

One of these trips, we'll be there together and get our party on!

You were tired and forgot your camera?

Uhhh, yes, that's it.

I reckon you've never spent hours at Judys? Danger, danger!!

I wonder if this fence is being put up to keep us scummy campers out of that lazy river they are going to have there at the Four Seasons?

TCD

I love all of ya'lls theories, even if I think you're full of it.

I hate almost all the changes that have happened at the Fort over the years, so I'm not holding my breath that this one will be any different.

I will share a story in a minute about us scummy campers. :484grumpy11:

I am not ready for pout day.

Sorry Nicki, but it's coming.

Saturday morning comes and the whining begins.

"I don't wanna go home!"

But, in reality, I know I must come back to work to pay for my next trips.

The kids went to Downtown and I talked with Lisa and Bruce. I would not be cooking at my site, surrounded by other fiends who may feel left out. Lisa agreed to go buy more steaks and some salads.

Donnie and I had walked over to devores's the night before and told him we would be eating around 6-6:30 if he wanted to come by.

I called Genia who said they had some shrimp they were going to grill, they would bring that.

Karla said she had baby spinach to add to a tossed salad that I had already planned on making for the kids. She figured she could gather up something else to bring also.

So while I was figuring out how to feed 10 people on the fly, the kids returned and we went to check out Saturday around the Fort.

FortSept2012364.jpg

When the pool is overcrowded, like this day in May, golf carts fill in every available grassy space.

memorialday2001nates21st218.jpg

I've also seen them park all along this wall.

fortMay2012527.jpg

Well, the Fort has remedied that with bushes and fencing.

FortSept2012365.jpg

FortSept2012376.jpg

Makes perfect sense. Take away guests parking, let in all the freeloaders. They don't drive carts! Win, win.

BTW, the pool was loaded.

FortSept2012366.jpg

But we weren't swimming. Nate dared to challenge me to a game of Guitar Hero. Silly boy.

I gave Amber the camera while I whooped up on Nate. It was freezing in that game room! I didn't even know Amber took this pic, but this is my "brrr it's cold face"

FortSept2012367.jpg

FortSept2012370.jpg

FortSept2012373.jpg

Cold or not cold, I rocked! And won.

We walked over by the pond.

FortSept2012377.jpg

FortSept2012378.jpg

FortSept2012380.jpg

Then headed into the store for some ice. Amber got a pressed Musket Mickey penny.

FortSept2012381.jpg

FortSept2012382.jpg

We took Mason to the park one last time. Cinderellas horses were out on a practice run.

FortSept2012386.jpg

FortSept2012384.jpg

FortSept2012383.jpg

Notice the tongue out. ^-^

We took the long way around the loop to cool Mason off.

The canoe's were working overtime today.

FortSept2012385.jpg

We dropped Mason off at our site and went to see Judy. She and Jim needed a ride from the front after dropping off their trucks.

We had on almost matching shirts, though in the picture mine was more orange.

FortSept2012388.jpg

As we were bringing Judy back from the front, Donnie called.

*to backtrack a minute. When Trevor took his truck the night before, Donnie told him it was low on gas. No problem, we're just using it to back his trailer into his site.

Now add in the site mix up, guy yelling at Judy, Trevor yelling at guy, numerous calls and then a move to the 1900's....all while the truck was running and you probably know where this is going.

Donnie called to tell me, he was going to get gas, but please stand by in case he didn't make it, as it was really low now.

5.jpg

He didn't make it. :) Trevor and Nate went to get him and I threatened Nate not to leave without getting a picture.

Donnie is trying to run out of frame saying

"NO, you're moms gonna put this in her report!"

Why of course I am.

But, it really wasn't his fault. If not for the hour of garbage the night before, he would have more than enough to make it to the Hess.

Amber and I set to work making salad and mac & cheese, then she went to lay down for a bit.

After about an hour I got a phone call from Nate

"I hope you love this guy!!!"

I laughed and said, I do, why? What happened now?

Trevor towed Donnie to the Hess, which was out of diesel. They had to go all the way out to 192 for diesel.

Then the truck was having battery issues.

At this exact time, Donnie had promised to bring in a trailer with a golf cart, for a friend, and he shows up.

So....Trevor brings Nate in to get his truck with jumper cables. Trevor hooks to friends golf cart trailer and brings it in. Nate goes back out and tows Donnie in.

Always an adventure when Donnie's around, and we all secretly love him for it.

By the time the boys got back, I was in mad planning mode.

I will share a story in a minute about us scummy campers. :484grumpy11:

Damn, I forgot this story again!

When we came off of the boat from Epcot, the previous day, a well dressed couple got off behind us.

I caught the tail end of their conversation.

Biff: "You can't see the campers?"

Buffy: "NO, I said I couldn't smell them yet!"

Trevor replied, kind of under his breath: "That boat can take you outta here, just as easy as it brought you in!"

I would assume those are the type of folks we're gonna be sharing the Fort with after the new DVC is built.

Not all DVC-ers share this attitude, but I'm afraid a lot of them do.

Wow, what a day you were having!

You got some great photos of some new stuff at the Fort.

Boo on the new fencing around the Meadow area. There is not enough parking in that stupid golf cart parking area they created. It must get bad here for the campfire.

The Musket Mickey penny machine used to be inside the Trading Post, now I see it's on the back porch.

I have seen the Pony cart down at the barn, but never in action. I still don't know what they plan on doing with it- it can only hold a few people.

Great job to Nate on getting the Donnie photo!

That guy sure is a lot of trouble, isn't he?

TCD

Excuse me?! Are Campers supposed to smell? :nyd: Somehow I missed that memo, cause it would sure as hell be easier to let my kids just stay filthy than to fight them into the shower every night when all they want to do it play while we're camping! :banghead:

Holier than thou people just " :wetpants: " me off! :blowup:

Damn, I forgot this story again!

When we came off of the boat from Epcot, the previous day, a well dressed couple got off behind us.

I caught the tail end of their conversation.

Biff: "You can't see the campers?"

Buffy: "NO, I said I couldn't smell them yet!"

Trevor replied, kind of under his breath: "That boat can take you outta here, just as easy as it brought you in!"

I would assume those are the type of folks we're gonna be sharing the Fort with after the new DVC is built.

Not all DVC-ers share this attitude, but I'm afraid a lot of them do.

Did you mean to say bus?

And- I have heard this type of disdain before.

One time, the girls and I were watching the fireworks from my secret spot when the wagon ride pulled up to let guests watch too.

The guests on the wagon were asking the CM if people really camped here. In tents even? They seemed shocked that any human would stoop to such a thing.

Maybe those fences that are going up are going to keep us smelly campers a safe distance from the BBQ guests.

TCD

By the time the boys returned, I had a quite a honey-do list.

How many steak knives does one carry in their RV?

I have 4. That wasn't going to work. I walked over to Karla and stole her 4.

Grill? I didn't bring our grill, I hadn't planned on using it. No prob, go steal Tony & Genias.

Tables? I didn't bring any of my tables, I only have the small one in the screen room.

I know! Pull the picnic table out.

FortSept2012389.jpg

And go steal Karlas!

FortSept2012390.jpg

Mason is a great accomplice. Look at his face "We got it Mom!" :rofl2:

The boys started prepping the lobster tails for the grill.

FortSept2012391.jpg

While I started getting the other stuff ready. Donnie was already in my meatballs.

FortSept2012392.jpg

Nate cut all the steaks in half since some of us prefer it still mooing, while some of us like shoe leather.

FortSept2012394.jpg

I tried to sneak attack a pic of Tony and he caught me. What a good sport.

FortSept2012395.jpg

Hungry folks waiting for food.

FortSept2012396.jpg

Bruce inside fixing my C button. It fell off. Notice my dining table is gone, it's outside with food on it.

FortSept2012397.jpg

Mason was enjoying the cold dirt

FortSept2012399.jpg

The food was sizzling.

Shrimp

FortSept2012398.jpg

These 3 lobster tails had to go back on the grill because they were HUGE.

FortSept2012402.jpg

Dinner is served!

Steak, lobster tails and shrimp off the grill

FortSept2012401.jpg

Homeade mac & cheese, tossed salad and pineapple bbq meatballs.

FortSept2012403.jpg

Cornbread with cinnamon butter, broccoli slaw, potato salad and pasta salad.

FortSept2012404.jpg

I chose not to share our food with the flys, so we left it all in the screen room, buffet style.

FortSept2012405.jpg

FortSept2012406.jpg

FortSept2012407.jpg

FortSept2012408.jpg

FortSept2012409.jpg

FortSept2012411.jpg

FortSept2012412.jpg

FortSept2012413.jpg

Everything was delicious!! We even had enough to send home some leftovers for Mrs devores, as she was working.

We all hung out to digest. Tony grilled some pineapple with habanero sauce for dessert. Lip burning good!

FortSept2012418.jpg

FortSept2012417.jpg

FortSept2012420.jpg

I had been texting with TCD and knew he was on his way over. Lisa, Genia nor Karla had ever met him, so they were excited. Of course, I was too. It's always a pleasure to hang with him and the twins.

Genia got spiked.

FortSept2012426.jpg

And I hung with the young folk.

FortSept2012421.jpg

devores was also taking pics. This was one of his. I deep in conversation on F&W reviews and the newest dance crazes.

2897_10151068013168663_1343173123_n.jpg

Picture limit. Continuing.......

Mason was making his rounds, being a good host.

FortSept2012423.jpg

But he still prefers the limelight.

FortSept2012424.jpg

After everyone had OD'ed on food and had petered out, it was time to clean up.

The guys returned Karlas picnic table.

FortSept2012422.jpg

Yes, the po-po's were there, but not at my site. Our neighbors LP detector was going off, so they sat and watched us party until someone could get in to shut it off.

Trevor and Tony returned their grill to their site.

FortSept2012414.jpg

Even Mason had had enough.

FortSept2012427.jpg

The guests left and Trevor and I did a few packing things. We were heading west in the morning.

Great job to Nate on getting the Donnie photo!

That guy sure is a lot of trouble, isn't he?

TCD

:hah: Yep!

But I wouldn't have him any other way. He's been there for me a time or two, and that's what friendship is all about.

Excuse me?! Are Campers supposed to smell? :nyd: Somehow I missed that memo, cause it would sure as hell be easier to let my kids just stay filthy than to fight them into the shower every night when all they want to do it play while we're camping! :banghead:

Preach it sister!!

It would probably be easier to let your kids be dirty, that's how some people feel anyhow.

I say Screw 'em. I learned a long time ago to not care what other people think. I judge someone on their actions, not where they stay or how they dress.

You can bring your stinky family to my site anytime. ;D

We actually laughed about it the next day when we had surf & turf at our campsite. Take that snobby turds!

Did you mean to say bus?

TCD

No, I meant boat. Remember we did boat, then mono to Epcot on that day.

But thanks for checking on me. ^-^

Yummy Pictures!!

This one is my favorite:

FortSept2012351.jpg

I thought the same thing when I saw that fence. What will all those guys I always see fishing back there do now?

I know it's not out in the open or whatever but it's still an ugly looking fence.

FP4!! How could I have missed you? Sorry about that.

I highly recommend the Fiesta margaritas. Good stuff!!

The fence debate is still ongoing. I'm hoping it's just for safety, but I'd bet it has to do with the changes. (backyard BBQ, Golden Oaks)

Thanks for hanging in there, I've been bad with getting this report finished.

The last day is so bittersweet ...

More bitter, than sweet. :(

Man, if I had known that all that food was being served at your site, I would have skipped the Food and Wine Festival and headed there!

Y'all had a feast!

I love this photo of the 3 TCD twins! :

FortSept2012421.jpg

TCD

I wish you could have been there too. It was much better tasting and MUCH cheaper (see free) than the F&W.

I do fit in nicely between the girls. :heartsmiley:

See what I mean about me being forgetful?

But, even though you were arriving back from Epcot, you were on the MK, boat weren't you?

TCD

Yes, that was my mistake in wording, I guess. We were on a MK boat from the mono, from Epcot.

Once again Stef, Thanks for getting the dinner organized!! We enjoyed meeting everyone and socializing. And thanks for being honest thiefs and returning the grill....

Once again, just to point out, and stress, I DID NOT have the PoPo called on me or from my site!!!!

Now I did have a ranger give Tony and I a ride up front from the 300 bus stop. But no PoPo flashing lights then.

You still don't know anything about a dead fish on my site?

You know all camper smell like Beer, cigarettes and campfire smoke

You know all camper smell like Beer, cigarettes and campfire smoke

Damn it Toddly, I do not smell like cigs only cigars. And I don't have a fire. Plus I'm not one dimensional, hell just look at those pic, I am definately 3D. I enjoy beer, punch, jello (whcih is good for the fingernails) and Port. Oops thats 4, so I guess I'm 4D. If they have 4G, I guess I can be 4D.