Do You Remember Your First Time?

Love this Trip Report! Especially the pictures of Fiends! Thanks!

No problem, it's my pleasure. I only ask that you return the favor on your next trip. Trip reports are my favorite. :)

Once again Stef, Thanks for getting the dinner organized!! We enjoyed meeting everyone and socializing. And thanks for being honest thiefs and returning the grill.....

You still don't know anything about a dead fish on my site?

You're very welcome for dinner, and the return of your grill. (I may not have been so honest had I not had the same one at home ;D )

I promise I know nothing about the fish!! I swear on C.S. and you know that's a biggie!

I don't sweat the snobs. They are part of the ecosystem. As long as Mr. Howell and Lovey are droppings big Benjamin's and paying rack rate, Disney will always have to have amenities to serve them. Thank you very much

LOL! Mr Howell & Lovey, good one!

I'm hungry :drool1:

Me too! Every time I see those pics my stomach growls.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn it Toddly, I do not smell like cigs only cigars. And I don't have a fire. Plus I'm not one dimensional, hell just look at those pic, I am definately 3D. I enjoy beer, punch, jello (whcih is go

I just want to add, that Bush has plenty of X chromosomes. I bet in perspective it now looks like the fake palm on Castaway Cay compared to its neighbors. And glad there were no standouts by the PoP

Sad to say but your site was filled with new people in less than a couple hours :'(. Wish you could have stayed longer! Great TR...waiting for the rest of the story! Amber's little Princess is stiff c

This is it, our final Fort morning.

Don't tell anyone, but I quietly curse at anyone checking in, when I'm checking out.

Trevor always says, Yes Stef, it stinks, but we can come back next week if we choose.

True, but I don't want to be comforted at this point. I just want to b**ch and moan.

We woke up early, had coffee and took Mason for his final walk.

FortSept2012429.jpg

The horses had come through the previous night. How do I know for sure?

Manure trail.

FortSept2012430.jpg

One of the 400 sites was pouring water out and had been for some time as the whole site was flooded. Trevor tried to shut it off, but the spigot was broken.

FortSept2012432.jpg

We flagged down a worker, told him about it and moved on.

The 3 of us walked over to the 300 to say goodbye to Genia & Tony.

FortSept2012433.jpg

But met Genia walking Savanna in front of the 500 loop.

FortSept2012434.jpg

FortSept2012435.jpg

FortSept2012438.jpg

FortSept2012437.jpg

The sun was rising and we still had to pack up and go and say goodbye to Bruce & Lisa.

FortSept2012436.jpg

Loading up

FortSept2012440.jpg

FortSept2012441.jpg

Before loading the cart we went to Lisa's site.

FortSept2012442.jpg

Mason and Tess sniffed each other goodbye, and we took a "not so personal" approach with Bruce & Lisa.

FortSept2012443.jpg

I admired Bruce's flying Mickey antenna topper.

FortSept2012445.jpg

Back at camp, we finished vacating site #431. Mason got in position.

FortSept2012446.jpg

And off we went. Nate had to stop for gas, but knew he would catch us further down the road.

FortSept2012447.jpg

The road out is such a buzzkill.

FortSept2012450.jpg

FortSept2012451.jpg

FortSept2012452.jpg

Just about off of Disney property, Nate calls to say his truck is acting strange. We pull off the side of the road and wait for him.

After he catches up, it seems to be fine, until about 10 minutes later when his check engine light comes on.

Crap!

Advanced, here we come.

FortSept2012453.jpg

Thank God, it was only an O2 sensor. Nothing that would prevent us from getting home.

We were home by 11:30 and watching Nascar by 1:00 pm.

Thanks for reading along, thanks for all the fiends that helped make a wonderful final supper, and thanks to devores for drinking my beer and making fun of my photography skills. :P

See you again soon! :wave1:

You're very welcome for dinner, and the return of your grill. (I may not have been so honest had I not had the same one at home ;D )

I promise I know nothing about the fish!! I swear on C.S. and you know that's a biggie!

I heard ya the first time. Yes, even my hearing, I heard ya. :beathorse:

Damn Stef, are you a spy or something. How come you have anonymous members reading this post? Either you keep pissing people off with that Warped humor or I guess people are tired of repenting after reading your reports. :flush2:

Enjoyed living it, until next time :clint: :wave1:

This is it, our final Fort morning.

Don't tell anyone, but I quietly curse at anyone checking in, when I'm checking out.

Trevor always says, Yes Stef, it stinks, but we can come back next week if we choose.

True, but I don't want to be comforted at this point. I just want to b**ch and moan.

I have the same attitude as you when checking out! Just wish I could say "we can come back next week." For us it's months.

Great TR, and I hate to see it end. Thanks!

Thanks for reading along, thanks for all the fiends that helped make a wonderful final supper, and thanks to devores for drinking my beer and making fun of my photography skills. :P

See you again soon! :wave1:

You offered, on both accounts. Who am I to deny a lady her request? Any time.......

Great report! We had such a great time with you guys and we really hated to see it end. Well, there's always next year, right? What do you mean that our goodbyes weren't quite as personal? You must have missed the exchange between Bruce and Trevor! ;)

I still feel bad about missing this, but at least I could live it vicariously thru this report. Thanks, Stef.

Another awesome report!!!

Thanks for keeping up Carol. Sorry I was such a slacker.

I heard ya the first time. Yes, even my hearing, I heard ya. :beathorse:

Damn Stef, are you a spy or something. How come you have anonymous members reading this post? Either you keep pissing people off with that Warped humor or I guess people are tired of repenting after reading your reports. :flush2:

Enjoyed living it, until next time :clint: :wave1:

I fixed it! The board kept timing out on me but I guess it did post during one of those times.

Maybe I am a spy....if I tell ya, I'd have to kill ya.

I never understood the anonymous thing?

Everyone has their own style of fun, I don't judge. Whatever creams your twinkie. If you like mine, great! If not, there is a great little feature on the top right hand corner of your computer, in the form of an X. I will disappear right off your screen. :)

I have the same attitude as you when checking out! Just wish I could say "we can come back next week." For us it's months.

Great TR, and I hate to see it end. Thanks!

You have a trip coming soon, right? The ball is in your court now. I won't be back at the Fort until the end of November so you can fill me in on what's going on and then I'll be sad for you when you leave. :-[

I am always impressed by how fast y'all can pack up and get home. You were home be 11:30. I am lucky to be off my site by then on checkout day.

TCD

I know, we are speedy packers. I like to get home, unpack, catch up on laundry and business stuff and still have a few hours to relax before Monday morning hell.

Thanks for reading and commenting. Hope to see you again soon.

You offered, on both accounts. Who am I to deny a lady her request? Any time.......

:hah: Did you just call me a lady?

*after gaining my composure.

I did offer, and the offer is always there. Loved having you. Hope the Mrs can join us next time.

Awesome report Stef! I can't wait to get there in February and hope to meet some Fiends myself. :wave1:

Thanks! I'm pretty sure you'll run into some fiends. It seems there is always at least one running around. I will look forward to hearing all about your trip.

Why does it have to end so soon..... why? :beathorse:

I don't know Nick, it just flies by. I'm sure you can count on some kind of madness from me soon. I can't sit still too long.

Great TR Stef.

I am lucky to be off my site by 5:30pm I always get late checkout and I get home by 8:00 pm

Thanks Todd.

Even on vacation, I'm normally awake by 6:00, which is 2 & 1/2 hours more sleep than normal, so after a cup of coffee, I'm ready to move. We're usually out by 10-ish.

BTW: Mason told me about some pics Rudy has posted on his FB page. You may want to monitor the situation. You never know what kind of perverts are looking at them. :)

Great report Stef!! It sure makes the heart ache to read the wonderful reports and not be there.

Miss seeing you TJ (Missy, too) I hope one of these days our trips will coincide again. I could use a TJ hug.

Great report! We had such a great time with you guys and we really hated to see it end. Well, there's always next year, right? What do you mean that our goodbyes weren't quite as personal? You must have missed the exchange between Bruce and Trevor! ;)

We had a great time too! You'll have to give me your plans for next year, as Trevor cannot be separated from his Bruce for too long.

I did notice the "exchange" I just choose to turn my head. I'm a lot of things, but a voyeur isn't one of them. -_-

Stef,

As always you wrote up a GREAT trip report! Lots of fun to read. I am sorry to see it end, but hope you get back to the fort soon!

Heidi

Hey Heidi! Thanks for reading. Hope all is well with you. :hugs2:

That was great! Thanks for letting us follow along

No, thank you for reading and your sweet comments.

I still feel bad about missing this, but at least I could live it vicariously thru this report. Thanks, Stef.

You're more than welcome. Wish you'd have been there. You missed some great eats and a lot of fun.

Loved your TR, Stef! Sad to see it end. Thank you for writing these and taking all the pics. It's awesome to be able to see the Fort and Fiends, especialy since I can only get there about once a year. It makes it a little easier to have to wait. Well, not really, but you know what I mean. ;)

Stef, If you ever meet me you will know I only sleep about 2-3 hr a night. When we had our MH we were off the site around 10-11am and park in over flow with the gen/A/C on for the dogs and head to the parks. Now that we have the TT we get late checkout pack everything up in the morning and head to the parks and get off the site around 5ish. Like a good parent I will have to check Rudy FB page to see what pics he has posted lately.

I wondered that there were no goodbye pics of Bruce and Trevor. Now I know why.

:hah: Be thankful! It wasn't pretty.

Loved your TR, Stef! Sad to see it end. Thank you for writing these and taking all the pics. It's awesome to be able to see the Fort and Fiends, especialy since I can only get there about once a year. It makes it a little easier to have to wait. Well, not really, but you know what I mean. ;)

Thanks! I'm sorry you can only do once a year, and that's why I do trip reports. Everyone should have a little Fort in their lives regularly, even if it's only through pictures.

Another great report! I agree there is nothing worse than check out day. :(

Hey DB! I don't think I've ever woken up on check out day and said "Gee, can't wait to get home" no matter how long I'm there. Sorry I took so long getting this one done, thanks for hanging around. :heartsmiley:

Stef, If you ever meet me

Todd, you keep promising...or should I say threatening? :P But you never come around.

I promise I won't bite, not hard at least.

Guess you go on the naughty list.

Jeff, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. ^-^

I've been on the naughty list most of my life.

I do have the end of November booked (after Thanksgiving) and a couple weeks in January. When these trips were booked, I tried to accommodate a certain girl's work schedule (which has no bearing now)

I have since found out Jordan is scheduled to be in the states November 7th and home on December 21-January 21...tentatively.

So these plans may be changed or altered and that's why I haven't posted on the calendar. Nothing against you or your list. ;)

:hah: Did you just call me a lady?

*after gaining my composure.

I did offer, and the offer is always there. Loved having you. Hope the Mrs can join us next time.

sorry, must have been all the beer. I wont let it happen again.