DaveInTN Went To The Smokies And All You Get Is This Stupid Trip Report

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, we made it back home a couple hours ago, got the trailer unloaded, blew the water out of the lines and added pink stuff to the traps in case we get a freeze before Christmas, and I'm finally sit

Good morning from our creek.

And stay tuned tomorrow. I have some interesting Russian beer to try. Different than the ones I've had before. You may get some drunk posting!

We had a great evening! But before I get to that, check out my view while enjoying an Oktoberfest beer at the campsite this afternoon.

2012-10-21%25252014.50.51.jpg

I never get tired of that creek.

After resting a bit at the campground, we headed into Gatlinburg to meet livluvsdisney and her sweet family for dinner. We met them at the same restaurant we joined them at last year.

2012-10-21%25252017.57.31.jpg

We had a great visit...I have to tell you I just love that family. I wish we didn't live four hours away.

We have been blessed this weekend with visits with two awesome Fiend families. We used to camp alone. And it occurs to me as I type this that we have not camped once in 2012 without visiting with at least one set of Fiends. That's incredible! I love it!

After dinner, and despite the chilly temps, we walked around GB a bit. After being startled by some crazies driving by in a minivan yelling "Romney!!" at the top of their lungs (i won't name names), we got some ice cream.

2012-10-21%25252021.08.27.jpg

And that was that. I'm tired.

Love the Smokey Mountain brewery. Agree with you re. Liv and family.

Dave-

I missed the beginning of your trip, but I'm caught up now.

Since you haven't mentioned packing up, I guess y'all are still camping.

Looks like you are having a blast. Great to see the SOD is still around. I would love to see a photo of the SOP.

I was camping myself this past weekend, and we had a brisk morning yesterday too. But my brisk was about 25 degrees warmer than your brisk.

TCD

Wow, away for a couple of days and I miss out on a DiT TR.

Slide of death ..... spooky :suspense:

Beer...... :clint:

Pics of all the kids, being warped into future campers, HY! :jumpforjoy Cause when we retire, we need a new generation to bring beer to bumb. :flush2:

Carry on!

Well, today was our last day, and it was exhausting. But good!

It was Gwen's birthday. We went into the park to Elkmont.

2012-10-22%25252013.47.38.jpg

We had a nice lunch, did some other fun things in GB which I will write more about when I get home, and now we are sitting around the campfire. These are my beer selections for the evening.

2012-10-22%25252019.11.51.jpg

We head home in the morning. I have more pics to share later.

Looks like a great weekend. I had to winterize mine on Sunday - how depressing. Only camping for the next few months will be in a tent on the cold ground. With no beer. But lots of scouts and lots of coffee! And Advil. Can't forget the Advil when sleeping on the cold ground.

Looks like a great trip Dave!

We went to a Cornmaze this past weekend and saw the ultimate SOD. I was excited to try it when pulling up, but both emptied into a pond and were not part of the festival :(

5609e7b5e837a912626b55351674864a.jpg

ddccfcf1cccaaf8a78ed25ab2875707f.jpg

Can't wait to see more pictures.

You are getting soft, Tom.

You let a couple of little details like a pond and not having permission stop you?

I don't think the first photo does your SOD justice. The car in the second photo does a good job of showing how massive that thing is.

Where is this?

Oh, and it's good to see you posting!

[sorry for the hijack, Dave, but you have to be used to hijacks by now]

TCD

You are getting soft, Tom.

You let a couple of little details like a pond and not having permission stop you?

I don't think the first photo does your SOD justice. The car in the second photo does a good job of showing how massive that thing is.

Where is this?

Oh, and it's good to see you posting!

[sorry for the hijack, Dave, but you have to be used to hijacks by now]

TCD

I know I'm getting soft, that pond scared me a little and didn't look very deep :)

The Cornmaze was in Lakeland and was pretty fun for the kids, even though the weather had apparently affected the corn as it was not very tall. http://www.cornfusionmaze.com/