Ultimate Bragging Rights! TCD's New Fantasyland Passholder Preview TR

Again, Thanks for all the pictures and the 20000 leagues post. I loved that ride as a kid and have always hated my kids didn't get to ride it.

I am interested to hear about your experience at Tortouga Tavern. There are some interesting characters that hang out there after hours, but what do you expect in Tortouga it is a haven for shady characters...

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have ever read a TCD trip report, you are familiar with my use of cliffhangers. I am going to go against the grain for this TR. We will go right to the money shots: Those photos were taken at

We are scheduled to fly out on Saturday and our family is worried we won't get out due to the storm. I don't know why they're worried - We'll just drive or I'll fly the plane myself. We are going no m

Beer at the MK? Dislike. Dislike very, very much. [TROLL RANT ON] Walt very explicitly and emphatically said, "No booze at MK!" What can't the jackholes running the joint honor the man's wishes foreve

I always enjoy the SOB signs on our trip from Pa. to FL.

Somehow, they arent quite as exciting on the trip back to PA.

Oh Lawwwwdy!

KFK is in the house!

Let's get the party started!

TCD

:partythree:

Normally I am very, most extremely PRO-Captain Jack any time of the year and under any circumstance, HOWEVER, Captain Alone Jack was not cutting the mustard. Savvy?

Nice.

Now you are quoting philosphers?

That would still have been a violation of the sausage moratorium. Good thing I lifted it, or I would have to report you.

TCD

You are treading on thin ice here....

Speaking of details, there are more light fixtures and waterfalls back here than you can shake a sausage stick at:

So, we have seen a lot of photos of rocks.

That's because I took a lot of photos of rocks.

Why?

I was looking for something.

I had heard that there was a hidden tribute to the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride somewhere in the rock work.

Do you see it?

How about now:

20KSub.jpg

TCD

Notice the excerpts highlighted in red. Don't make me take drastic measures. You know what I am talking about and I WILL do it. :clint: ;D

Yes. I did see the submarine. And Yes. It is a submarine. Kudos to the imagineers for paying homage to the Nautilus. That was KFD's handsdown fave in MK for many years as well as one of his fave movies.

I really appreciated all of the expansion photos! When we were there last very little was finished and I look forward to seeing it completely finished! It looks great!

As always great reporting...

Love the details on all the rocks! Really amazing that they are able to pull that off.

Also, great job on the 20,000 Leagues shot. No way would I ever spot that. I'm too busy watching the kids when we are in line for rides to enjoy any of the details.

The interesting thing is that it seems like Disney is trying to make all the queues for the major attractions interactive. It makes waiting much more tolerable. It will be interesting to see what the next generation Fastpass brings. I have this fear that they spent the money upgrading the queues because guests without Fastpasses are in for longer waits.

I know WWW2013 is all about hanging with the girls at the fort and such but for those of us that don't get down there to often I'm gonna need one of you ladies to take me to the MK, I'm very excited to see all this new stuff.

(I didn't even say SAUSAGE once!!)

Good job on the sausage restraint.

I think the wild women need to all go to the New Fantasyland and take over all the acting roles for a performance in the Enchanted Tales with Belle. Then a group shot with Gaston (he will never be the same). Top it off with a ride on the Ariel ride and photos with the mermaid. Then on to Be Our Guest where y'all become the first group to be cut-off.

I believe I found it! I'll send you a pm to see if I'm right!

Bragging rights to Doodle!

She found the hidden joker.

But, it could be that she's the only one who looked for it.

Will try to patiently wait until Monday.

Well, it's Monday.

You know what that means.

I think I might cry.

You are such a softie.

Get a hold of yourself.

The problem with missing the updates as they are posted is you forget what you wanted to comment on....

I know.

I have the same problem when I take weekends off, like I usually do.

FantasylandPP056.jpg

OMG!! Those signs the little guys are holding. Will NPC in FPS for food! Hahahahahahahaha. The Q-Bert one is very funny also. These are amazing. Must see the movie. Thanks for posting!

Well, now that we all know you're a geek, please explain what "Will NPC in FPS for food means." I figured it was some kind of inside joke, but I don't know what it means. Same for the other signs.

Very cool finding a nod to the League ride! Every time I see your updates about the new Fantasyland, it really makes me wanna go now!

A visit to the new Fantasyland is a must do.

I hope you can visit soon.

Late to the party but enjoying your report. Anything with SOB billboard pics is a okay in my book!

Hey, you're new here.

Do you know that I grew up in Joisey?

What exit are you from?

Again, Thanks for all the pictures and the 20000 leagues post. I loved that ride as a kid and have always hated my kids didn't get to ride it.

I am interested to hear about your experience at Tortouga Tavern. There are some interesting characters that hang out there after hours, but what do you expect in Tortouga it is a haven for shady characters...

My oldest DD got to ride 20K a few times. I don't think the twins ever did. I always thought it was a cool ride, and I was sorry when it was closed and removed.

You are right, there were some interesting characters hanging out in Tortuga Tavern. I even have some photos to share when we get to that part.

TCD

Okay, is just me, or do the rest of you guys think Andrew has a secret love of light fixtures? Just sayin'....

It's just you.

OK, you are right- there are a lot of light fixture photos.

I don't know why I took so many. I guess I thought the variety was cool.

I always enjoy the SOB signs on our trip from Pa. to FL.

Somehow, they arent quite as exciting on the trip back to PA.

A truer statement has never been made...

The drive back to PA can be torture...

The drive back to NC is torture ... can't imagine having to drive all the way back to PA!

Pedro should probably save his pesos and not have signs for the northbound drive.

Nobody seems to like them.

:partythree:

Normally I am very, most extremely PRO-Captain Jack any time of the year and under any circumstance, HOWEVER, Captain Alone Jack was not cutting the mustard. Savvy?

You are treading on thin ice here....

Notice the excerpts highlighted in red. Don't make me take drastic measures. You know what I am talking about and I WILL do it. :clint: ;D

Yes. I did see the submarine. And Yes. It is a submarine. Kudos to the imagineers for paying homage to the Nautilus. That was KFD's handsdown fave in MK for many years as well as one of his fave movies.

I really appreciated all of the expansion photos! When we were there last very little was finished and I look forward to seeing it completely finished! It looks great!

As always great reporting...

Message received.

Please note that the sausage talk moratorium is back in place.

Thank you.

One of these days, I want to meet KFD. And KFM. What awesome people they are!

Never got to ride 20,000 leagues at disneyworld. Is it the same as the one at Disneyland? Before they changed it Nemo?

Hmmm.

I don't know what the one in Disneyland was like.

The one at WDW involved a ride through a lagoon, Then a "dive" that involved a lot of bubbles and not much no diving. Then a ride through a cave with a lot of plastic fish and one giant plastic squid. Then a ride through a waterfall. Then back to the dock.

Was that how Disneyland's was?

All caught up and it's Monday. I'm ready!!

Yes, your Saturday night was much more family friendly than mine. Maybe when the girls are gone, I can coax you over to the dark side. 8)

OK, since you're caught up, it's update time!

I am still having a hard time figuring what it will be like with all the girls gone. I am not thinking about it yet.

TCD

I think I gathered that from somewhere in your report! I'm not really from an exit! I live by Philly, not near the parkway, not to close to the turnpike either!

I was born in Fort Dix (good thing there's a moratorium on sausage comments), and we lived on base there for a while.

Then I lived in Willingboro (Burlington County), until my family moved to Florida in 1979. We weren't very far from Filth-a-dephia, so you must be somewhere around there.

TCD

I was born in Fort Dix (good thing there's a moratorium on sausage comments), and we lived on base there for a while.

Then I lived in Willingboro (Burlington County), until my family moved to Florida in 1979. We weren't very far from Filth-a-dephia, so you must be somewhere around there.

TCD

No crap! I was born in Willingboro and grew up in Edgewater Park. I'm in Cinnaminson now.

Hmmm.

I don't know what the one in Disneyland was like.

The one at WDW involved a ride through a lagoon, Then a "dive" that involved a lot of bubbles and not much no diving. Then a ride through a cave with a lot of plastic fish and one giant plastic squid. Then a ride through a waterfall. Then back to the dock.

Was that how Disneyland's was?

Disneyland never had the 20,000 leagues version. They had the Nautilus but it was the US Navy's (first atomic sub) as well as several others (Patrick Henry, George Washington, Skipjack). When I was a kid I always wanted to ride the Nautilus. The ride though was essentially the same. Not sure if it had the giant Squid but I think it did. The new version with Nemo just really did the character overlay and painted the subs to be a tourist voyage.

They do have a 20K Nautilus walk through in Disneyland Paris as much of their Tomorrowland has a Jule Verne theme. Also, they do have one of the subs at Castaway Cay for snorkleing.

Sadly, 20K at MK was the only ride that used the 20K version of the Nautilus

No crap! I was born in Willingboro and grew up in Edgewater Park. I'm in Cinnaminson now.

Wow.

I almost drowned in Rancocas Creek.

My folks still have friends who live in Cinnaminson. And, of course, we always went there for the dollar movies back in the day.

I graduated from Willingboro HS same class as Carl Lewis.

Disneyland never had the 20,000 leagues version. They had the Nautilus but it was the US Navy's (first atomic sub) as well as several others (Patrick Henry, George Washington, Skipjack). When I was a kid I always wanted to ride the Nautilus. The ride though was essentially the same. Not sure if it had the giant Squid but I think it did. The new version with Nemo just really did the character overlay and painted the subs to be a tourist voyage.

They do have a 20K Nautilus walk through in Disneyland Paris as much of their Tomorrowland has a Jule Verne theme. Also, they do have one of the subs at Castaway Cay for snorkleing.

Sadly, 20K at MK was the only ride that used the 20K version of the Nautilus

Thanks- I didn't know that about Disneyland's version.

I have seen the 20K sub at Castaway Cay.

There is also one somewhere backstage at Epcot. They drag it out for special events.

The rest of the subs went to the Disney landfill.

One interesting fact about them is they were built in St. Petersburg, and trucked over to WDW.

TCD

Small world! Glad you didn't drown!

Omg the dollar movie place. That place was nastyyyyyyyy. Thankfully that's gone now. Almost all of Rt 130 is different. Greens of Delran is gone, now there is a lowes, CFA, shop rite and a few other things there, Kmart in Delran and the regular movie theater was torn down and Target was built. The Pizza Hut and dollar movie place in Cinnaminson were torn down and now there is a Shop Rite and a bunch of other stores there.

Let's get this report moving again.

After our ride with Ariel, and seeing how all the orange wristband people were going to meet Ariel, we decided to head over to Enchanted Tales with Belle to see if we could do that.

We still had some time to kill before our dinner reservation, and we had seen all that we wanted to of Ariel.

As we passed by the French village, Gaston burst out of nowhere:

FantasylandPP145.jpg

That's how he does things for now- he just shows up unannounced, and walks around the village.

He said something along the lines of "Here I am ladies, who wants to be first?"

The girls are wise to Gaston's ways, and know that he likes to post over by the rock wall with the forest in the background. Another clue is the photopass photographer over there:

FantasylandPP146.jpg

Twin #1 jumped forward and said she would be first!

And she was:

FantasylandPP147.jpg

Then Twin #2 jumped in:

FantasylandPP148.jpg

Bam!

No waiting- we met Gaston.

The girls asked me to come and get in the photo.

I said no, I didn't want to make Gaston look bad.

Gaston chuckled and said "Good one, Sir!"

That Gaston isn't such a bad guy after all.

Well, actually, he said it in a sarcastic, patronizing way. This Gaston is quite a funny guy. I would like to just stand there and listen to him say jerky things.

After that brief visit, we continued on our way.

As we crossed the bridge, I noticed that there was another photopass photographer taking photos of guest with the Beast's castle in the backgound.

I decided to take our own photo:

FantasylandPP149.jpg

The photopass guy asked if he could take some photos, and posed us:

pp1.jpg

This guy was very enthusiastic, and he then posed us for another shot:

pp2.jpg

See?

I would have made Gaston look bad if I put on the gun show next to him.

Then the photographer posed us each for a separate shot.

I knew that this must have been for one of the "magic" shots they do.

So we all did it.

This ended up being the third cool new thing we got to do today:

pp3.jpg

pp4.jpg

pp5.jpg

I didn't know about that new "magic" shot.

Now I do.

And so do you.

So now you know about all four cool new things we got to do on this trip: #1-meet Wreck It Ralph; #2-find the hidden Nautalis sub; #3-get a Chip the cup "magic" shot; and #4- Dine at Be Our Guest.

I have some photos from our dinner and a review of what we ate, so you will want to stick around for that.

For now, we headed over to Belle's house.

The wait time wasn't posted, but there was a line outside the house. The last time we waited on a line like that, it took us about a half hour to get inside:

FantasylandPP150.jpg

It was 6:06 pm, and our ADR was for 6:40. We didn't want to be late for dinner, so we decided not to try Belle for now. We would have time after dinner. Maybe.

We had about 30 minutes to kill, so we decided to go back inside the restaurant and look around in the small part they had opened for those who just wanted to look.

This is the gate and stairs that are outside and to the left of the main doors. I think the idea here is that this is the way to the top of the mountain:

FantasylandPP151.jpg

Earlier, I posted some photos of Gaston's chair from his tavern, which looks like the chair that Gaston used in the movie.

Here, in the restaurant we found another giant chair. This one is modeled after the one that the Beast used in the movie:

FantasylandPP152.jpg

FantasylandPP153.jpg

Two weeks before this visit, we had been able to see the armor room. When we vistied then, a castmember told us to be very quiet and wait and we might hear a surprise. We did wait around, and heard some quiet sneezes and other sound effects coming from the armor. It was very subtle, and the castmember said that most guests walked right by and missed it. Tonight, they had the armor on turbo mode! There were constant, very loud, sound effects coming from all the suits of armor. So, they clearly have the ability to dial this effect up or down:

FantasylandPP154.jpg

There are three video monitors in the middle of the armor room which had these displays:

FantasylandPP155.jpg

FantasylandPP156.jpg

FantasylandPP157.jpg

I believe that is the music and the lyrics in French for the song "Be Our Guest," from which this restaurant takes its name. It is interesting that these are video monitors. I think that other things will be displayed on these screens at times. This may be an area where guests wait to enter the restaurant during the lunch hours, and maybe these screens have some kind of interactive features.

This big statue sits to one side of the interior entryway to the main dining room:

FantasylandPP158.jpg

And this arch is over the hall leading to the main dining room:

FantasylandPP159.jpg

Here we are back outside at that gate we just looked at:

FantasylandPP160.jpg

The stairs go up the mountain, and there is a light fixture next to them:

FantasylandPP161.jpg

I looked at the gate for a while to see if it was something that might really open. I think it does. Maybe the Beast will come in and out of here sometimes?

These are some shots showing some of the detail above the main entry doors:

FantasylandPP162.jpg

FantasylandPP163.jpg

FantasylandPP164.jpg

This is one of the two huge creatures on either side of the main doors:

FantasylandPP165.jpg

One more door shot with a bonus shot of Geraldine's wig:

FantasylandPP166.jpg

The devil made me do it.

I call this photo Beauty and the Beast:

FantasylandPP167.jpg

We still had a little bit more of a wait, so we just stood on the bridge and admired all of the scenery and details in the last of the daylight.

We could see Belle's cottage over there:

FantasylandPP168.jpg

And this is a look down into the forest below:

FantasylandPP169.jpg

Next up, we wait just a bit more, and then dinner is served!

TCD

Small world! Glad you didn't drown!

Omg the dollar movie place. That place was nastyyyyyyyy. Thankfully that's gone now. Almost all of Rt 130 is different. Greens of Delran is gone, now there is a lowes, CFA, shop rite and a few other things there, Kmart in Delran and the regular movie theater was torn down and Target was built. The Pizza Hut and dollar movie place in Cinnaminson were torn down and now there is a Shop Rite and a bunch of other stores there.

I took my daughters on a drive through NJ a couple of years ago. Everything really has changed. None of the places I used to go are left.

Is CFA Chick-Fil-A? I can't believe they have Chick-Fil-A's in New Jersey.

Heres and interesting fact......

Tokyo Disney Sea has a 20K leagues ride still in operation today. Its not the same exact ride as the one that was in WDW, but follows the same concept.

disneysea_update_233.jpg

mysterious_island_153.jpg

disneysea_update_234.jpg

disneysea_update_236.jpg

That is interesting!

It looks much more detailed than the old WDW version.

I would love to see that in person some day.

TCD

Not sure if this is known or not, but there is another magical shot we do in the Enchanted Forest area. I will leave it up to yall to find, but it is pretty cool.

WHAT?

No, I didn't know that.

Now I have something else to try to figure out.

I'm guessing it must have something to do with the mermaid.

Do you ever work in the New Fantasyland area?

TCD

WHAT?

No, I didn't know that.

Now I have something else to try to figure out.

I'm guessing it must have something to do with the mermaid.

Do you ever work in the New Fantasyland area?

TCD

I have not worked it yet, but I could be assigned to it when Im working East. Most of the positions there are character spots and Im not character trained yet, so its slim that I will be assigned there until then.

Happy hunting for the new magical shot. Do you know all of the shots we can do?