Ultimate Bragging Rights! TCD's New Fantasyland Passholder Preview TR

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have ever read a TCD trip report, you are familiar with my use of cliffhangers. I am going to go against the grain for this TR. We will go right to the money shots: Those photos were taken at

We are scheduled to fly out on Saturday and our family is worried we won't get out due to the storm. I don't know why they're worried - We'll just drive or I'll fly the plane myself. We are going no m

Beer at the MK? Dislike. Dislike very, very much. [TROLL RANT ON] Walt very explicitly and emphatically said, "No booze at MK!" What can't the jackholes running the joint honor the man's wishes foreve

Beer at the MK?

Dislike.

Dislike very, very much.

[TROLL RANT ON]

Walt very explicitly and emphatically said, "No booze at MK!"

What can't the jackholes running the joint honor the man's wishes forever?

[TROLL RANT OFF]

Make no mistake -- I like my beer. But I like tradition better.

Poor Walt...there he goes, tumbling like mad in the Maytag front loader.

You gave up free tix for USF/UConn for this? What, are you new?

And a parking pass???

You missed a chance to eat a Subway Cold Cut Combo on the tailgate of my truck for this?

They serve Kronenborg...I'm OK with that. They're theming, it's not like they're tossing out Bud Light for the sake of selling beer.

BTW, USF won, the Subway was great, and my son hit a woman with a football during tailgate catch.

She deserved it, she was sitting within 100 feet of an 8yo!

Wow... all but page 3... this work thing is really starting to impair my ability to enjoy TCD life moments.... I may have to give this work thing up... :rofl2: ..... I do hope that you took that glass and placed it on your shelf at home unwashed.... That was history there...

LOL! I should have kept that glass! But, they may have thrown me in that cell where the Beast kept Maurice.

Wow, one of the first legal beers consumed in the Magic Kingdom! Well I hope you realize you probably made Walt's head roll over in it's little cryogenic tomb. But seriously, you deserve bragging rights on that one.

Thanks.

And you're right about Walt's head. That dude in the portrait, Phil, is really going to get it if they ever defrost Walt's head.

awesome---my boys are gonna love seeing WIR.....how long do you think he'll be there?

Based on how long the other characters have been there for new movies, I would guess at least through the summer.

They will certainly keep them there for the entire run of the movie and the DVD release.

i am in also

and wondering what the three other things previously not done are

Glad to have you along.

The first new thing was seeing Ralph and Vanellope.

The last new thing was the beer in the MK.

So there are two more.

Wow, I guess beer in the MK isn't so bad if it's only in that restaurant. Wreck It Ralph seems like a cool movie, glad y'all were able to see the characters there. Can't wait to read more!

Thanks.

For now, the only alcohol is beer and wine in that one restaurant.

But, if that goes well for them, we can all see where this will be going.

Damn, or is it dam, maybe dame auto correct. It was supposed to say beer flavored water.

LOL!

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to say dame.

And then correct it to dam.

Beer flavored water, now I get it.

How did the autocorrect get from Beer to Robert?

I love technology!

Awesome!

That beer makes you look so good. Or maybe you make the beer look good? Either way that is do cool that you where there first. I'm trying to reservations there for our up coming Christmas trip for my DD8.

Oh, I hope you can get reservations.

Even if you can't, all three of the dining rooms are open for quick serve at lunch. You can get in then.

An 8 year old girl would go crazy over this!

Make sure you have her watch the movie. The details are incredible.

I'm in. I needed a pick me up today and TCD you are providing. Thanks.

Hey, I'm happy to provide a pick me up when needed.

Glad to have you along.

Uhhh, should I be offended?

Should you have said "with all due respect" first?

If I do decide to go that route, where can I get sprikles in my hair? :))

No, not at all.

That character is cute and funny,

Just like you.

I think you could get some sprinkles like that at an ice cream shop, maybe.

Genius!!!!!

WHERE?

:beer:

Have you ever tried Michelob Ultra?

That's beer flavored water, right?

TCD

Beer at the MK?

Dislike.

Dislike very, very much.

[TROLL RANT ON]

Walt very explicitly and emphatically said, "No booze at MK!"

What can't the jackholes running the joint honor the man's wishes forever?

[TROLL RANT OFF]

Make no mistake -- I like my beer. But I like tradition better.

Poor Walt...there he goes, tumbling like mad in the Maytag front loader.

Hey Norm!

Thanks for stopping by.

As always, you are right.

At this point, Disney has done a lot of things Walt would not have approved of.

That darned 4 Seasons Resort right next to the Fort is a big one that comes to mind.

There will come a day, and it probably is not far off, where the current management's failure to honor tradition will bite them in the butt.

Big time.

Until then, I will enjoy the beer.

Time to thaw out Walt so he can veto the beer, fire the guy in that weird portrait in new Fantasyland, and make sure the ewoks and jar jar never make it into a theme park!

Great job.

You're kind of new around here, and that is an awesome post!

I agree with you.

We should start a petition.

Unfreeze Walt's Head!

I'll bet he would put a stop to that DVC they want to build on top of the remains of River Country.

And make them bring back the steak fries at Trail's End.

Man that would be sweet.

I would gladly give up my beer in the MK for that.

Do you know the significance of the date on the beer glass? I guess, I am working too hard if the best I can do is page 3. I gotta do something about this.

Looking forward to reading along.

Good question.

There are four beers to choose from on the menu. That's all.

Each one is served in a unique glass.

This one I had is a French beer. From France. Our server told us that it is the most popular beer in France. That glass matches the beer. I am guessing that the date has something to do with when the company started.

You gave up free tix for USF/UConn for this? What, are you new?

And a parking pass???

You missed a chance to eat a Subway Cold Cut Combo on the tailgate of my truck for this?

They serve Kronenborg...I'm OK with that. They're theming, it's not like they're tossing out Bud Light for the sake of selling beer.

BTW, USF won, the Subway was great, and my son hit a woman with a football during tailgate catch.

She deserved it, she was sitting within 100 feet of an 8yo!

I know.

I'm ashamed.

I turned down college football tickets for this.

One lousy beer.

I'm glad that you had a good time.

I hope the lady wasn't hurt by the football. But you're right, nobody at a tailgate can complain about being hit by a football.

And, great job recognizing that beer. I have some more photos coming up showing the beer list and a photo of the beer bottle with the name on it, but you must have recognized the logo. That's pretty impressive.

TCD

Re. Jasmine. There is no doubt she is very easy on the eyes, however, I have been somewhat miffed at her since she snubbed us and would not pose for the group photo at the original (and best) BATWIT. Donald, on the other hand, was very accomodating.

Mmmmmm........Beeeeerrrrrrr.

Nice Homer reference.

Re. Jasmine. There is no doubt she is very easy on the eyes, however, I have been somewhat miffed at her since she snubbed us and would not pose for the group photo at the original (and best) BATWIT. Donald, on the other hand, was very accomodating.

LOL! I forgot about that. This tells us a lot about Jasmine and Donald. Jasmine is a smart lady. Donald is a dumb duck.

TCD

OK, so let's wrap up our visit to Hollywood Studios.

After meeting Ralph, we saw a very short line had formed for the animation class.

We always have fun in there, so we went.

Here we are, ready to go:

FantasylandPP043-1.jpg

I call this photo Tabula Rasa:

FantasylandPP044.jpg

We had a weird thing happen to us here.

If you read the most recent TCD TR, you would know that we visited WDW for the weekend just two weeks before this visit, and that we went to the animation class on that trip. If you have a really good memory, you will remember that we drew Mickey Mouse.

But, the beauty of this activity is that there are over 40 possible Disney characters that you might have a chance to draw, so it is always a different experience.

Well today it wasn't.

It started with the fact that we had the same exact castmember leading our class as we did when we visited two weeks earlier. That in and of itself is not unusual. There are probably only about a dozen castmembers who work in this activity, so it is common to see the same castmembers on repeat visits.

What was strange is that the CM, Brian, had the group in the room vote on who they wanted to draw. And, the group voted for Mickey. We voted for Rapunzel. But, we got outvoted by a landslide.

So, we had the same CM, and we drew the same character as we had exactly two weeks ago.

Brian is good, though. He tells jokes and shares trivia as he tells us how to draw. What was funny is that he told the exact same jokes and shared the exact same trivia as he had the last time. Exact.

Maybe Brian is a robot?

Since we had practice from drawing Mickey two weeks earlier, it would make sense that our drawings this time would be a little better. Since mine was so bad last time, that was easy for me.

Here's mine:

FantasylandPP045.jpg

And Twin #2's:

FantasylandPP046.jpg

And Twin #1's:

FantasylandPP047.jpg

Let's try that without the hand:

FantasylandPP048.jpg

Since Brian was doing everything exactly like he did the last time, we knew what would be coming next. Brian announced that he would give his drawing to the person who could answer his trivia question. We wondered if he would ask the same question as last time.

Last time, the trivia question was;

What role did MIckey Mouse play in the animated version of the Christmas Carol?

Twin #1 participated the last time, and guessed Tiny Tim.

She was wrong.

Mickey played Bob Cratchit.

Well, guess what?

Brian asked the exact same trivia question this time.

And, I put my hand up.

And answered correctly.

That kind of was like cheating. But, then again it wasn't. I knew the answer fair and square. I deserved the win for paying attention and remembering.

Here I am with Brian:

FantasylandPP049.jpg

Please note the beard.

Walt was against beards.

In fact, I think he was against all facial hair.

Even though he had a moustache.

Walt gets no respect anymore.

So, that was our animation class.

Before we left the building, we wanted to check out the room where they display things from recent Disney movies.

They had this cool Fix It Felix, Jr. game on display:

FantasylandPP050.jpg

Twin #1 was pretty good at it:

FantasylandPP051.jpg

OK, I made that up.

It didn't really work.

It was just a prop.

It is interesting to look at some of the stuff they display in this room. A lot of it shows how the artists went through the process of arriving at the final design of each character.

Here's some of the artwork on display:

FantasylandPP052.jpg

FantasylandPP053.jpg

FantasylandPP054.jpg

FantasylandPP055.jpg

This scene is mildly interesting. There is a scene in the movie where Ralph grabs a couple of cherries from a Pac Man game and shares them with some other characters. In this scene, it looks like Ralph is holding a couple of gummies instead of cherries- his hair is different too. The photo two above this one is a more accurate depiction of the scene in the movie. It is interesting to see how these things evolve:

FantasylandPP056.jpg

After our visti to the animation building, it was time for Rock N Rollercoaster. This is the only photo I have from there:

FantasylandPP058.jpg

Our ride photo came out really bad. We had all agreed to just have serious faces for the photo. Which isn't easy to do considering where the photo is taken.

The result was pretty funny, but I didn't get a clear copy of the photo.

After RNR, it was time to move on to our next destination.

We were going to hop a boat to Epcot.

On the way there, we noticed this big area had been cleared:

FantasylandPP060.jpg

That photo was taken at 1:11 pm on 11/3/12. I'll bet that there is a giant Christmas tree standing there now.

So, it's 1:11 now.

What time do you think it was when we finally made it to Epcot?

You'll find out in the next post.

TCD

Even with the best photo at the top of the TR, you still manage a cliff hanger. Thank goodness it isn't Friday. I don't know if I could stand the suspense all weekend.

I'm working on another update now, so you don't have too much longer to wait. I didn't mean for that to be a cliffhanger- I just thought people would be interested in knowing how long it took us to travel to Epcot by boat.

Did you try putting a quarter in the game??? We didn't have any quarters on us, or I would have tried!!

Duh! The thought never crossed my mind. Twin #1 tried the joy stick and announced that the game was just a prop. Now, I see those coin slots. I wonder if it works? There's only one way to find out.

TCD

That character is cute and funny,

Just like you.

TCD

Garsh, that was sweet. blush1.gif

Good job on cheating winning the trivia question. I love your smug smile in that photo.

Your Mickey is much improved from the last attempt.

The suspense about the boat ride to Epcot ends here.

It turns out that the boat to Epcot was waiting for us right at the dock.

So we stepped aboard and we were on our way.

Even, so, it's a long ride.

The boat stops at the Swan and Dolphin, then Yacht and Beach Club, then Boardwalk, and then, finally, at Epcot.

With all those stops, we were still off in time for me to take this photo at 1:43 pm:

FantasylandPP061.jpg

So, it had taken us just over 30 minutes. That wasn't bad.

Epcot was a madhouse.

I expected a crowd on a nice Saturday afternoon, but it was packed.

The line for the France Food and Wine booth extended past the little maze they set up for guests to wait in:

FantasylandPP062.jpg

FantasylandPP063.jpg

I got this shot after waiting a few minutes for the privilege to actually get in line:

FantasylandPP064.jpg

The line moved quickly.

And, we were entertained by the Jesus Jet:

FantasylandPP065.jpg

I wonder if the pilot in the Jesus Jet knew that it looked like Sodom and Gomorrah here on the ground.

For example, check out these Vikings:

FantasylandPP066.jpg

FantasylandPP067.jpg

Notice how they have empty drink glasses on their horns.

The Jesus Jet was getting all political here on the last Saturday before election day:

FantasylandPP068.jpg

I never did look back up to see how that statement was completed.

My attention was distracted by the coq a vin:

FantasylandPP069.jpg

FantasylandPP070.jpg

FantasylandPP071.jpg

The man sharing our table offered to take a group shot:

FantasylandPP072.jpg

The next stop was going to be Germany. We all wanted something from there. The plan was to go there, and then backtrack around to Canada for the steak. That was going to be our lunch.

The problem with the plan is that it was way more crowded than we expected:

FantasylandPP073.jpg

We ate up a lot of time going to Germany and getting our food.

While I was in the Germany line, the girls headed in to the Germany pavilion to get one of the new kid's crafts. Duffy on a stick is out. Now, they have Perry the Platupus on a stick for kids to color. The girls wanted one.

In the meantime, I got our food and a table single handedly. That was not easy on a day like today.

These sausages are really getting out of hand:

FantasylandPP074.jpg

It was here that I had an unexpected Fiend encounter.

A man came up and said hello, and then introduced me to his wife.

It was ajcjmom from right here on Fort Fiends!

Fiend Nation is everywhere!

Good to meet you both!

Then the girls arrived back with their Perrys on a stick.

If I had a photo of them, I could say that was the second new thing we saw today.

But, I don't have a picture. They do show up in the background of a photo later on, but I'm not going to count those as the second thing.

Here are the girls enjoying their German food. Twin #2 has the sausage. Twin #1 has Schinken Nudel:

FantasylandPP075.jpg

It was already 3:00 when we finshed with Germany.

At some point we needed to leave to go to the Transportation and Ticket Center to pick up our Fantasyland Preview wristbands and then get to the gates for the Fantasyland expansion in the MK by 4:30.

I suggested that to be on the safe side, we ought to head that way now. We still had to get out of Epcot, catch a monorail, and get to the TTC. I had no idea what I would find there. There could be a long line just to get the wristbands. I figured our best bet was to go and find out.

So we had to skip Canada.

We went around the other way.

It was wall to wall people.

Every food booth was packed.

Except for the new Terra booth:

FantasylandPP076.jpg

I think they serve vegan food there.

I guess that's what you call it.

There is never a line.

I wonder why?

I guess if you want any of that, you had better get it this year. I don't think this booth will be back next year.

I'll stop this update here, as that is the last photo I have from Epcot, and then we will pick it back up at the Transportation and Ticket Center.

TCD

It was really nice meeting you. We were in line waiting and I saw you.

We wish we had more time to chat, but we were with friends. Our friends are my bosses.

This is the 4th year we have been and may be the last. She has breast cancer.

As far as the Terra food, our friends are Vegan so we had to try their stuff.

DH and I had the Colorado Chili. It tasted like spicy chili with crispy potato chips.

It was good. I would not have guessed that the fake meat was protein.

Wow, there are so many things wrong with that first picture, I won't even comment.

I do love the second picture of the lady in the I LOVE YOU shirt, holding a drink, running to her girlfriend. Don't we all have friends like that?

I can't believe those lines. I'm glad we went when we did.

I agree with you on the sausages, and that's all I'm gonna say.