Fiends, Halloween, Airstreams, & Everything In Between

Disclaimer - During the usual obsession about trip planning I took some advice to heart and made a promise/pledge. I would throw out all the spreadsheets and go with the flow. Let's see just how long this philosophy lasts.....

I am just full of surprises. Some actual surprises like not telling my kids that we were going to cruise on the Dream and follow that up with an extra week at the Fort. Then there was having to let one partially out of the bag due to someone's birthday something another. I had, other than Lou, managed to not tell a single fiend I was coming for Halloween UNTIL Doodle & Lorna set the date for the Birthday Tea....

This TR picks up just after we disembark from the Dream. Here are a few shots from the end of CTSTGTTW.... just to start us off in the right place.

23 months since we last saw ya but who is counting?

DSCN0496.JPG

A most beautiful site -

DSCN0497.JPG

We pulled right on up. I don't think they had gotten the my fax request (we'd tried an online service) but he did have a few sights we would be interested in. We grabbed one of those in the 1400 loop. There was a catch it wouldn't be ready until after 1pm and the overflow was full. I had texted Doodle a picture of the check-in packet and she texted me to go back and ask for 922 or 924. That is exactly what I did.

The welcoming committee -

DSCN0503.JPG

Lunch was served here... yum! I had the BBQ.....

DSCN0498.JPG

DSCN0500.JPG

After lunch was done, what was the first exciting thing I did?

DSCN0504.JPG

Then after that we decided to head out and pick up our AP's. Yes, I sprung (worked doggedly to convince IH) for the Annual Passes. I will foreshadow this TR and say it makes a world of difference in how you experience the parks. We chose DHS for our Inaugural Park.

DSCN0506.JPG

Here it is, my first WDW AP -

DSCN0510.JPG

Now what to do first. My family has thus far been a bit unthrill ride people. I however love the thrill rides. So we decided, since TSM was way out of the question, to split up. IH (imaginary husband) took the IK (imaginary kids) off to ride Star Tours (due to 3D motion sickness I can't ride this one) and I headed to TOT. My second first at WDW, a ride on TOT. Many years ago on my only WDW trip sans IKs & IH, back when DHS had another name, they still had animators animating on site (pochantas), they were building TOT.

The line was pretty much walk on till right before you enter the Hotel -

DSCN0514.JPG

Should I be worried?

DSCN0515.JPG

DSCN0518.JPG

DSCN0519.JPG

DSCN0520.JPG

One last shot before I headed into the TV room -

DSCN0521.JPG

Against my better judgement -

DSCN0522.JPG

After that I met up with IH & IKs then we headed back to the Fort. It had been a long 24 hours and we wanted to pace ourselves.

DSCN0523.JPG

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doodle can vouch for me I sent her a PM with my guess.

I curse the ghost of KFK! Had it not been for Jason and his double post, I would have top of page 2 bragging rights. Boo! Nevertheless, I am here, and ready for some more TR please. TCD

Whoops. By the way, how does someone still living have a ghost? I've never been able to figure that one out. TCD (manual ghost of KFK post for effect)

hehehe... I'm in.

If we see a DH though I'll need verification he's not a rental like the cart... :beathorse:

no comment

I'm sure hoping the bacon's real... :rofl2:

no comment

I still want to know if I win the Rebel award for correctly guessing about your Fort surprise?

So, now that you have your AP how many GGs will you be attending at the Fort during the next year?

Sure you did.

we are scheduled to be here for Christmas and I am scheduled for WWW

Great start!

Thanks and I miss you!! Where is Melissa has she left me too?

Sounds like a great start

You be the judge...

I'm in ready for more!!!!!!!!!!!

Doodle can vouch for me I sent her a PM with my guess.

I believe you but you should really nag her about sending me the PM.... just cause

I'm here!! :camp1:

How many hidden jokers did you put on my sign?

Yeah - first page! On to read more of this report.

TCD I am not but you can have bragging rights here too

:pc: :pc:

I have pictures of you.....

I'm in. I will vouch for Yvonne she did send me a pm and had the correct answer. It wasn't to hard to figure out though. :))

I believe you but she should still nag you a bit...

Can't wait to hear more. I want to talk my hubby into AP someday, even if we just do it for a year.

it took months of concentrated nagging, logic, and simple wearing him down

:rofl2: Remind me to never tell Nicki secrets. You also told me in a pm that you were heading to the Fort.

Do you guys wear a lot of clothes, or do you just enjoy laundry rooms?

Don't worry about updates, you're at WDW!! Have fun!