• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This seems like the management is reading these boards and listening. It went from owners of analog TVs are just SOL to they offer them something at least.

When we arrived I got mad since when I turned on the tv it said no signal. I checked all the connections and still no signal. When I went to the welcome packet to call the front desk, I noticed the cable note TCD spoke of. I then reprogrammed and we were fine

When we arrived I got mad since when I turned on the tv it said no signal. I checked all the connections and still no signal. When I went to the welcome packet to call the front desk, I noticed the cable note TCD spoke of. I then reprogrammed and we were fine

I had the same experience, but I have one Digital and one old TV that I set up in my screen room. I just had the digital TV search for channels, and it found them. I fiddled with the other TV and figured that either my cable or the TV had gone bad. The management could have done a much better job communicating this to guests. But, since they are all idiots, that thought never occurred to them. That letter in the check-in packet wasn't real helpful, and they still haven't done anything to provide an accurate channel guide to the guests.

TCD

I don't know when the Fort removed the analog, but when the whole country went digital, we got the converter box for our MH tvs when we did the home tvs. My BIL is a tv guy so that.s why we were prepared.

I agree with TCD, for the price we pay for a campsite, where's the free wireless in each campsite. Getting that darn modem is a PITA.

I don't know when the Fort removed the analog, but when the whole country went digital, we got the converter box for our MH tvs when we did the home tvs. My BIL is a tv guy so that.s why we were prepared.

I agree with TCD, for the price we pay for a campsite, where's the free wireless in each campsite. Getting that darn modem is a PITA.

The thing is, I'm not sure those converter boxes will work with the Fort system.

I have one of them too, but I don't bring it with me to the Fort, as up to now, I just used their cable and no box was needed.

I will bring it on my next trip to see if it works.

TCD

We have the convertor box that everyone was told to buy when the world went digital and they don't work with their system. Also from what we were told is if your coach is older than 2009 and even if you have a digital tv the system won't work and you will need to get their box, which they were out of when we discovered that we needed one. I really don't want to change my tv's since they work and why replace them especially if the system won't work even if we do.

I never saw the note, I never open the packet, usually I don't need any info from it except the parking passes, key cards and schedule, I figure everything else I have read 1,000 times. I have to go look at mine and see if it was in there. You would think at check in they would let you know something changed. But I don't even think they let the people know who were already there, the day they changed it.

Your old converter is for "off air" signals. That is a totally different frequency than what is sent over cable.

I kind of thought so- but I wasn't sure.

I guess I don't have to bother with my experiment now.

We have the convertor box that everyone was told to buy when the world went digital and they don't work with their system. Also from what we were told is if your coach is older than 2009 and even if you have a digital tv the system won't work and you will need to get their box, which they were out of when we discovered that we needed one. I really don't want to change my tv's since they work and why replace them especially if the system won't work even if we do.

I never saw the note, I never open the packet, usually I don't need any info from it except the parking passes, key cards and schedule, I figure everything else I have read 1,000 times. I have to go look at mine and see if it was in there. You would think at check in they would let you know something changed. But I don't even think they let the people know who were already there, the day they changed it.

Lorna- I wish I had known you needed the box- I brought mine back on Thursday night.

I agree with you- I never look at the stuff in the check in packet- because they never update it anyway. I didn't see my little note until after I had picked up the box. They did a terrible job communicating this to campers, and they shouldn't have done it in the first place. I can still use old analog TV's at home with my cable. And, my old TV's used to work when the first switched over to the new cable this year. The only reason they are doing this is to save themselves some money. But, are we going to get lower rates for sites?

TCD

The only reason they are doing this is to save themselves some money. But, are we going to get lower rates for sites?

TCD

I doubt it is a money issue, it probably has more to do with trying to get the WI-FI system in place as well as signal quality.

I kind of thought so- but I wasn't sure.

I guess I don't have to bother with my experiment now.

Lorna- I wish I had known you needed the box- I brought mine back on Thursday night.

I agree with you- I never look at the stuff in the check in packet- because they never update it anyway. I didn't see my little note until after I had picked up the box. They did a terrible job communicating this to campers, and they shouldn't have done it in the first place. I can still use old analog TV's at home with my cable. And, my old TV's used to work when the first switched over to the new cable this year. The only reason they are doing this is to save themselves some money. But, are we going to get lower rates for sites?

TCD

Remember that the US is supposed to be 100% digital by 2015 so you'll eventually needs cable box or some sort of converter at home. I know we switched over a year ago in charleston.

Can anyone recommend a brand name of an external QAM converter as referenced in a previous post to this thread and where to buy one? I don't want to risk the desk being out of converters on future visits and don't want to change TVs because of the different size/shape issue.

Hi all. New member here. We are at the Fort now and also did not read the packet. Hooked our analog tv to cable and nothing. I called the front desk and no mention was made of new digital cable or converter boxes. The desk person sent out an engineer. A nice gentleman named Rick showed up an hour later. By then my wife had read the packet and I knew what was going on. I had tried my over the air digital converter and as reported here - did not work. I also tried a Comcast box that works at home - nothing.

Rick tested the signal at the post and inside our RV. We had good signal. Rick then told me they have a few converters at the desk. I was lucky and got the last one they had.

Rick also said they had tried to keep the analog signal along with the didital TV and Internet but there was interference between the services.

Can anyone recommend a brand name of an external QAM converter as referenced in a previous post to this thread and where to buy one? I don't want to risk the desk being out of converters on future visits and don't want to change TVs because of the different size/shape issue.

Hi all. New member here. We are at the Fort now and also did not read the packet. Hooked our analog tv to cable and nothing. I called the front desk and no mention was made of new digital cable or converter boxes. The desk person sent out an engineer. A nice gentleman named Rick showed up an hour later. By then my wife had read the packet and I knew what was going on. I had tried my over the air digital converter and as reported here - did not work. I also tried a Comcast box that works at home - nothing.

Rick tested the signal at the post and inside our RV. We had good signal. Rick then told me they have a few converters at the desk. I was lucky and got the last one they had.

Rick also said they had tried to keep the analog signal along with the didital TV and Internet but there was interference between the services.

Wow. First post and already I have made a fool of myself! Admin please remove duplicate post. I don't see how to delete it myself. Thanks

"sigh" amateurs.

Wow. First post and already I have made a fool of myself! Admin please remove duplicate post. I don't see how to delete it myself. Thanks

WELCOME!! Don't worry about the duplicate post. Be honored you have been blessed with the ghost of KFK already!! I'm in 1730. Drop by if you get a chance.

First of all: -gif.gif

What part of OHIO?

I don't think those converters are available for purchase, at least on the open market, since they are used by cable companies. I referenced them so people would know that the one they bought when the over the air switch was made won't work.