TCD is Thankful for Thanksgiving @ The Fort 2012

ok, so page 5, in a TCD report is still not that bad IMHO opinion, I had to stop and read this as it looks as if Halloween is out for us until the kids are out of school, so that's like 18 years, but Thanksgiving seems to work, I was rather upset about it but seeing your report has made me feel much better! Your pictures are always good but these are OUTSTANDING! New Camera? :)

Rocky is just to stinking cute for words!

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK- I cry uncle!!! I am from Missouri - but Oklahoma was close. Our family had been in Pizza Planet at DHS when we saw you (my daughter noticing your girls first), everyone had to go to the bathroom

Send your daughters on Operation Beefcake for me!

"I think I might know something about this secret Hidden Mickey you mention. On one of our recent visits to the new Little Mermaid ride, there was an off duty CM walking through the queue with us. S

I don't think FWGirl would want me to look for Belle's room.

Mrs. TCD would have put the kibosh on that too. But she wasn't there. Plus, there is nothing at all up those stairs.

Loved seeing the pics of Maurice's workshop. We were stuck in the middle of a large group, herded through quickly, and I don't even remember seeing it.

Hope you can explain to me how the magic mirror works!

What do you mean explain how the magic mirror works?

Magic.

Duh.

No, the Sun is a different distance from the Earth each day of the year. No two days are the same.

You have shorter days in the Fall and longer days in the spring due to that difference in distance.

That is what I suspected. It's why we have four seasons.

I am not sure I believe that they went to that much trouble when they didn't recognize Mickey's birthday in any other way.

Great updates!

The Osborne lights are something i am really looking forward to during our second 2013 trip.

You said dont ask.....so I have to ask of course.

The ticket story is funny although I am sure it was not funny at the time.

So Mrs TCD leaves and you look for Belle's room......hmmmmm.

OK, that photo I said not to ask about is the girls trying to replicate the poses of Gaston and LeFou and the fountain. The original poses looked very wrong, so I had the LeFous move away from the Gastons.

Yeah, me looking for Belle's room looks bad. But I was just doing it for research, that's all.

ok, so page 5, in a TCD report is still not that bad IMHO opinion, I had to stop and read this as it looks as if Halloween is out for us until the kids are out of school, so that's like 18 years, but Thanksgiving seems to work, I was rather upset about it but seeing your report has made me feel much better! Your pictures are always good but these are OUTSTANDING! New Camera? :)

Rocky is just to stinking cute for words!

Actually, you didn't make it until page 6. But who's counting? You got top of page 6 Bragging Rights, though!

Thanksgiving is a great time to visit. The only negative is that the parks are much more crowded. If you aren't doing a lot of parks, then it's great. Even if you are doing the parks, if you use the rope drop and EMH's and a few other tricks, you can get a lot done. I will be sharing a fun night we had at DHS in a future post.

No new camera. The good photos (like the Rocky playing tetherball ones) are stolen from Twin #1. She is an excellent photographer. In fact, she is the photo editor for her High School yearbook this year. None of these photos are edited, but that girl is a whiz with photoshop, and another Adobe product that is even more complex. I think she may continue in this line when she heads off to college.

TCD

At least I can still see Jesus at WDW. He might be a little harder to find, but at least He's there.

TCD

Isn't it great that we don't have to find Him? He always has a way of finding us. :)

I am especially loving theFantasyland expansion photos! When Beauty and the Beast was first released, KFD pointed at Gaston on the screen and declared..."There he is! There's your brother!" :rofl2: Yep,my youngest KFBro has been forever dubbed "Gaston". I'm sure in our fam Gaston's Tavern will become known as Chris' place. :))

Actually, you didn't make it until page 6. But who's counting? You got top of page 6 Bragging Rights, though!

Thanksgiving is a great time to visit. The only negative is that the parks are much more crowded. If you aren't doing a lot of parks, then it's great. Even if you are doing the parks, if you use the rope drop and EMH's and a few other tricks, you can get a lot done. I will be sharing a fun night we had at DHS in a future post.

No new camera. The good photos (like the Rocky playing tetherball ones) are stolen from Twin #1. She is an excellent photographer. In fact, she is the photo editor for her High School yearbook this year. None of these photos are edited, but that girl is a whiz with photoshop, and another Adobe product that is even more complex. I think she may continue in this line when she heads off to college.

TCD

I'll take 6 :) I'm impressed with her photography skill, it's not easy to get those quality of shots straight out of the camera, Kudos!!

because we dont get down there often, we will want to do some parks but I imagine it wont be as much as if we were going during the off season, crowds give me hives. Looking forward to reading the rest!!

Isn't it great that we don't have to find Him? He always has a way of finding us. :)

I am especially loving theFantasyland expansion photos! When Beauty and the Beast was first released, KFD pointed at Gaston on the screen and declared..."There he is! There's your brother!" :rofl2: Yep,my youngest KFBro has been forever dubbed "Gaston". I'm sure in our fam Gaston's Tavern will become known as Chris' place. :))

Amen again.

Now I need to meet KFBro too. I want to see a photo of him sitting in Gaston's chair gnawing on a pork shank with a mug of LeFou's brew in the other hand!

I'll take 6 :) I'm impressed with her photography skill, it's not easy to get those quality of shots straight out of the camera, Kudos!!

because we dont get down there often, we will want to do some parks but I imagine it wont be as much as if we were going during the off season, crowds give me hives. Looking forward to reading the rest!!

Page 6 ain't too shabby.

I can't say the crowds aren't bad at Thanksgiving, but at least it usually isn't hot, and they extend the park hours, so you can definitely have some fun even with the crowds. In my opinion, all of that makes it better than any other holiday time to visit. So, if you are a slave to the school calendar, Thanksgiving is the best bet.

TCD

It was bugging me, so I did a little research on a couple of things on display in Belle's cottage.

First, this book:

Thanksgiving2012153.jpg

The title says "La Belle Au Bois Dormant."

I figured that translated somehow to Beauty and the Beast.

The song in the movie says "Belle" means beauty.

But, check this out:

SleepingBeauty.jpg

That book is Sleeping Beauty. The literal translation is The Beauty sleeping in the woods.

Then there was this book:

Thanksgiving2012156.jpg

There's a whole page of French text there. This photo is blurry, but I found another one on line, and this is what it says on that page:

une languissante sirène ! Enfin il sera bientôt heureux, si c’est cela qui doit causer son bonheur. Je sais que je suis agréable à regarder, puisque j’y ai du plaisir moi-même, et de ce plaisir je ne priverai pas mon mari, au contraire. Je ne sais si je l’aimerai, mais je veux qu’il m’aime lui,et je ferais pour lui plaire tout ce qu’il lui plaira. Ah ! chère Adélaïde, je suis pleine de rêves absurdes et de pensées contradictoires. Je songe à des choses qui me semblent à la fois douces et vilaines, et j’ai des imaginations qui me font rougir en même temps que pleurer! Au moins, je ne m’ennuie pas. Au moins, je ne m’ennuie pas. Je vis plus en une heure de ces journées que l’an passé je ne vécus en toute l’année. Chaque heure me renouvelle, me grandit et m’épanouit. Je me semble un rosier qui fleurirait à vue d’œil ; je suis fraîche et parfumée; je suis légère et forte : j’attends le bonheur. Paul est plus beau que je ne l’avais encore jamais vu. Il est pâle avec de grands yeux pleins de fièvre et d’amour. Je le trouve sublime quand il s’agenouille près de moi pour me regarder comme en prière. J’ai envie de le prier aussi, parfois, et de coucher ma joue sur ses genoux, mais quand j’ai cette envie-là, je me fâche contre moi-même et je boude contre Paul. Il est très difficile de maintenir un homme dans les bornes du respect.

If we run that through Google translate, we get this:

a languid mermaid! Finally, it will soon be happy, if that is what is causing his happiness. I know I'm nice to look at, since I am enjoying myself, and what I enjoy not deprive my husband instead. I do not know if I'd like, but I want him to love him, and I would do anything to please him as he pleases. Ah! dear Adelaide, I am full of dreams absurd and contradictory thoughts. I'm thinking of things that I feel both sweet and nasty, and I have fantasies that make me blush at the same time cry! At least I'm not bored. At least I'm not bored. I live over an hour these days than last year I lived in all year round. Every hour renews me, me and me grew flourishes. I seems to me that a rose blossom before our eyes, I am fresh and fragrant, I am light and heavy: I expect happiness. Paul is more beautiful than I had ever seen. He is pale with eyes full of love and fever. I find sublime when he kneels beside me and looked at me as if in prayer. I want to pray, sometimes, sleep and my cheek on his knees, but when I want this one, I get angry against myself and I sulk against Paul. It is very difficult to keep a man within the bounds of respect.

Wow.

Sounds kind of racy.

What kind of stuff is Maurice letting his daughter read?

TCD

Amen again.

Now I need to meet KFBro too. I want to see a photo of him sitting in Gaston's chair gnawing on a pork shank with a mug of LeFou's brew in the other hand!

Put KFbro in period costume and voila! Gaston. But he's our Gaston and we love him. :))

ETA: :rofl2: at the racy text!!! Too funny! "at least I'm not bored" what a great tagline that would be!!! hahaah!

You know I'm giggling at the pass situation. Giggling because we've done it.

I am the official pass holder for everyone too. It doesn't always work out so well.

What's up with the height measurement on the wall?! I already know twin #1 has a couple inches on me, so I guess I'll be about 12? :-

I'll hold all comments on the book translation. Not very Disney like. Wonder what's going to happen when a young french child starts reading it aloud?

I don't think the racy book is the same one as in the picture of Belle with her mother. The book has a bite taken out of the left page which I believe is in reference to the sheep who comes up and takes a bite out of the book Belle is reading in the opening song. She got that book at the bookstore that day. As for it being racy, I guess that explains why it's her favorite and she's read it twice.

Put KFbro in period costume and voila! Gaston. But he's our Gaston and we love him. :))

ETA: :rofl2: at the racy text!!! Too funny! "at least I'm not bored" what a great tagline that would be!!! hahaah!

LOL!

There are some great lines in that translation. I like this one: "I'm thinking of things that I feel both sweet and nasty." LOL!

Good research.

Who knew Maurice approved of trashy romance novels?

I mean trashy in the nicest way.

I certainly didn't know.

But, they are French, you know.

You know I'm giggling at the pass situation. Giggling because we've done it.

I am the official pass holder for everyone too. It doesn't always work out so well.

What's up with the height measurement on the wall?! I already know twin #1 has a couple inches on me, so I guess I'll be about 12? :-

I'll hold all comments on the book translation. Not very Disney like. Wonder what's going to happen when a young french child starts reading it aloud?

The markings on the wall are supposed to be from Maurice measuring Belle.

TCD Twin #2 was able to confirm the words month and year on the wall. But I could have figured that out myself.

TCD, you should be absolutely ashamed about hunting down Belle. A grown man stalking a Princess....unbelievable.

I know.

What was I thinking?

Did you take lessons from the CMs in Bonjour! Village Gifts? :rofl2:

I literally laughed out loud at that comment!

Good one!

Maybe that mirror isn't magic, but I don't want to discuss it here and spoil it for everyone else. Let me just say this, if you can get in the front row closest to the mirror, look at the floor right below the mirror when the magic starts. You will see what's going on.

I don't think the racy book is the same one as in the picture of Belle with her mother. The book has a bite taken out of the left page which I believe is in reference to the sheep who comes up and takes a bite out of the book Belle is reading in the opening song. She got that book at the bookstore that day. As for it being racy, I guess that explains why it's her favorite and she's read it twice.

You're right. The book Belle is holding with her mother is Sleeping Beauty. These photos show that:

Thanksgiving2012158.jpg

Thanksgiving2012153.jpg

The one with the ripped corner is this one from the movie:

book2.jpg

Thanksgiving2012156.jpg

You can almost make out the words in the photo- I think they're the same.

TCD

I literally laughed out loud at that comment!

Good one!

Maybe that mirror isn't magic, but I don't want to discuss it here and spoil it for everyone else. Let me just say this, if you can get in the front row closest to the mirror, look at the floor right below the mirror when the magic starts. You will see what's going on.

Glad I could make you laugh! I've been giving the mirror a lot of thought and have a theory. Will look at the floor next time.

I predict it will disappear and reappear with different text

That may end up being true with a few things in the new area. I don't think that Phil Holmes portrait in the gift shop will stay long.

Glad I could make you laugh! I've been giving the mirror a lot of thought and have a theory. Will look at the floor next time.

If you do that, you'll see what's going on. Even then, it's still a great effect.

TCD

OK, I'm ready for the next update, and will get that up soon.

But, I forgot something important from my Hollywood Studios visit.

As we were on the street taking in the Osborne Lights, a lady came up to me and said hello. She said she recognized me and is a big fan of TCD trip reports. I asked her if she was a member of FortFiends.net, and she said no, just a lurker. She said she was from Oklahoma, and she wasn't staying at the Fort.

The girls are always amazed when something like this happens.

They can't believe that I have anything to say that other people find interesting.

So, lady from Oklahoma, thanks for saying hello.

If you are reading along, which I suspect you might be, why don't you join up and say hello?

It has happened before.

And it is always fun to have a new Fiend!

TCD

Yes, "it has happened before" I too met TCD at The Hollywood Studios..........in line for TSM.

It is funny to look up and see someone that you feel like you "know" because you have read all the trip reports and seen so many photos. I remember when I first saw you, TCD, I looked around for a TCD twin, to make sure it was really you!!!! Once I saw them, I was like, "OMG, I am going to pass the FAMOUS TCD in line!!!!" Pretty exciting!!!

Then when you mentioned me in that trip report, I finally joined fortfiends...........hopefully the lady from Oklahoma will too!

We have time for a real small update.

This will take us through our visit to Enchanted Tales With Belle.

We stepped into the next room to find Wardrobe looking fine:

Thanksgiving2012168.jpg

This is how she looked the last time we were here:

FantasylandPP271.jpg

I was glad to see that Wardrobe was working again. This is a funny part of the experience.

The CM passed out the parts:

Thanksgiving2012169.jpg

I, of course, was cast as a guard.

I have almost a perfect record in this regard.

The only time I wasn't a guard was when I choose not to be one. Even then, I almost got picked.

But, I hate watching the show when someone else is the guard. It makes me feel sweet and nasty.

So, I will always be the guard.

We had some new people in the cast for this show.

Namely the entire TCD gang.

All of us got parts!

Of course, we were also about half the people in the room, so we had good odds.

Here are three of the girls waiting to start:

Thanksgiving2012170.jpg

The oldest TCD DD got to be Mrs. Potts:

bab1.jpg

You may recognize this handsome devil with the blue Gator hoodie and mom jeans:

bab2.jpg

Twin #1 got to be the Wardrobe:

bab3.jpg

Twin #2 got to be the silverware:

bab4.jpg

Honorary DD got to be Featherduster:

bab5.jpg

All I can say is that we put on the best performance ever.

And everyone got a photo with Belle:

bab8.jpg

bab6.jpg

bab9.jpg

bab7.jpg

Some of us got two photos:

bab10.jpg

bab11.jpg

That ended up being lots of fun.

But, we were all starting to feel like languid mermaids, so it was time to head back to the Fort.

Which is what we did.

DD's BFF decided to spend the night, so we all crashed.

I intended to be up early for my morning rounds.

We will pick it up from there in the next update.

TCD

Nice TR and nice work on the book page translation. And don't be too hard on Twin #2 for not being able to read it, as it doesn't appear to make much sense. That, or it is soft-core pictures of kitties, i.e. "Fifty Shades of Gray" kind of stuff. Sweet and nasty?

The French. :sad-emoticon-msn:

Oh well, At least I'm not bored.