Stef's Walking In A Disney Wonderland

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The conversations we were all having that evening were.... interesting. I just remember being in Stef's chair and having to roll out onto the ground so I could standup near the end of the night.

Its not. its an optical illusion. She is just so small, it makes the cup look bigger..... ;-)

I totally see nothing wrong with that outfit. I'm not a fan of the flip flops with socks look that's happening these days. Who would have thought that the trend would be plumber's crack saggy pants an

STill following along.. and enjoying. :)

Thanks for hanging in there Kim!

Awesome TR! You always look like you are having a blast at the FORT. Then again, I bet you have a blast wherever you are.

I can't believe you walked in from a concert at that time in the morning, and was able to make it to work an hour and half later. Definitely a rock star move. I saw KISS a couple of months ago, and am just now recovered.

:blush: Thank you for the sweet comments.

I do try to have fun wherever I go.

I work with an average of 200 people a day, from all walks of life, young and old. I listen to a lot whining and complaining and we've lost a lot of members in the last couple of years. If it's taught me anything, it's taught me to enjoy every moment, life is short and things can always be worse.

Time spent with people I love is the most important thing to me.

If you could see me today, you may revoke the rock star comment. It's been a rough week and it's gonna take a while to recover from this one. :wacko:

So glad you finally got to see Nemo. It's probably my favorite show at WDW and the only one Brian doesn't sleep through! :)

I was pleasantly surprised Mo. Definitely a great show!

Poor mason. Keep him away from the big scaries

LOL! Just like any good Mom, I find it funny.....Mason, not so much.

Looks like I need to put another snack on our must do list.

Good stuff Annie, probably even better if you had a stuffy nose. That mustard was like Vicks vapor rub.

I'm finally all caught up! I'm having fun with the trip report, so you must of had a real blast. I just caught BBS on Direct TV. They had an hour performance on their concert channel. I really enjoyed their music ! I probably would not have watched them if I hadn't heard your recommendation in previous reports.... And finally BACON.... :drool1:

#SpreadingTheSmoke

I've hooked quite a few folks on BBS music. They put on an amazing show and have been doing it 12 years. That's a tough life, especially for their families. If I can do my part to get their name out, I'm honored to do so.

Thanks for reading along!

BACON! Did some say BACON?

Great TR.

going to have to try the pretzel dog. Yummy! And the more mustard for me the better!

You men and your BACON ^_^ Although that was the only BACON I did this trip, there will be more food to come.

You may want to hold off on that mustard comment, unless you don't mind scalding your nasal passages.

Mason is such a cutie pie! Enjoying your TR, sounds like y'all had a great time!

We did have a great time! Thanks for reading, I promise to do better with updates this week.

As much as I love the Lion King, the Nemo show is my favorite. The costuming is so creative. Think I'll have to try the hot dog.

Patiently waiting for more!

More coming soon.

I was sort of hoping I didn't like Nemo. Now we will have to decide which show to see each trip. Maybe we'll toss a coin. :)

Love the Nemo music too.

Go with the flo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ow....

Agreed, and I sung that song in my head for the next two hours.

I've never seen Nemo either! We always choose Lion King because we love it so much, but you have me convinced to do Nemo next time!

Gee, I don't feel so bad now. I thought I was the only Disney fan who hadn't seen Nemo. It really is a great show.

It isn't.. It that size thing again, makes things look bigger than they actually are!! :rofl3:

:P So many comments I could add to that statement, but I will be a good girl and refrain.

Loved the Nemo pics. We've never seen that. We'll have to do it next year.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think this looks like a finger in a bun? Hmmmm... gives new meaning to 'Finger Food'. ;)

Do Nemo, for sure!

Finger? Uhhhhh, yeah, sorta, kinda.... ^_^

Doesn't make me think of a finger

YES, Nicki, FINGER! (Otherwise this could totally go downhill in a hurry for the same reasons I didn't post the picture of me enjoying it :) )

So sorry for being a loser TR writer. I promise to get an update in later.

To hold you over until then, I received our picture from our meet & greet yesterday. Very cool!

BBSmeet.jpg

BBS seems to play Florida pretty often. Considering the older, Early Bird demographic of Florida, they must have a senior following too?

You do see a wide age gap in their fans. I'd say from 20's to 60's.

My guess on the frequent Florida tours is

1. Home base is Atlanta (visiting family in between)

2. Weather (all year round Prevost travel, when other states wouldn't be so fun to drive coach and trailer through)

I found that outside too!

BBSGville001.jpg

TR update to follow!

I don't believe even the Grinch would be able to retain his grinchy status when staring at this

FortDecember2012151.jpg

The sights, the sounds, even the fake snow, seem to transport you a different place.

FortDecember2012150.jpg

FortDecember2012156.jpg

FortDecember2012157.jpg

FortDecember2012158.jpg

FortDecember2012159.jpg

The details that Disney adds in

FortDecember2012163.jpg

FortDecember2012165.jpg

FortDecember2012164.jpg

FortDecember2012166.jpg

FortDecember2012169.jpg

Even toilet paper.

Huh?

This was in one of the store windows.

I'm not sure where Angel Soft TP fits in, but hey, it is essential in life!

FortDecember2012160.jpg

Nate stopped and grabbed a hot chocolate to fully immerse himself in the spirit.

FortDecember2012167.jpg

We seemed to walk a few feet then stop and admire. Walk a few feet, admire.....repeat.

At the very end of the street, I paused to take it in one last time. When the music stopped I heard Trevor say

"Yeah, this is beautiful"

FortDecember2012168.jpg

Smart ass.

Advantage #1 for being short: Never having to worry about tree branches in your way.

On the way out, we found Mulch Sweat & Shears performing on the big stage. I'd only seen them in their traveling truck.

I guess they're moving up in the Disneys rock n roll charts.

They were doing a compilation of songs from the 80's-90's, which was pretty cool.

The crowd was digging it.

FortDecember2012171.jpg

FortDecember2012172.jpg

Osborne lights, complete. We made our way to the exit.

FortDecember2012173.jpg

And stopped to see the Christmas tree.

FortDecember2012174.jpg

It's only about 8:30 at this point. I want to go to the MK to see the castle lights and MK was open until 1:00 am.

Nate was all for it, Trevor declined.

Remember, we drove the Jeep to DHS, so we were back at camp by 8:50.

It was 9:00 when Nate & I started towards the marina. Trevor was resting comfortably, with Mason, watching football.

(Ya hear that, Caveat? :) )

Does anyone know what happens when you ride the boat to MK between 9:30 pm - 10:00 pm?

:waiting2-smiley:

Lou's favorite - the EWP?

Great Osborne Lights pics, Stef! Mine never turn out that good.

:bellringer:

Yes, Gwen, the EWP.

I was running low on energy at this point and never even thought about it.

Oh, I took some crappy pictures too, I just didn't blind you with them.

Finally all caught up!

I always have fun reading your trip reports.

Love the Osborne lights! I agree with you that just looking at them can transport you to a different place.

Heidi

Hey Heidi, thanks! Glad you jumped in. Hope all is well with you.

Great report Stef!

I only saw the Osborne lights once, but from afar. Guess I need to give them another shot....

Carry on.

Definitely worth another and another and another.

Carrying on right now....

When Nate and I arrived at the boat dock, there was a L O N G line. I hoped we could get on the next boat. They even broke out the clicker to count each guest as they got on. With every click, I prayed that we would make it.

We did! I ended up sitting with this very hoity toity women with one of the most annoying voices you've ever heard. She was with, from what I gathered, her daughter-in-law.

I listened to her talk about her little dog and her Christmas plans, all while I shot Nate the stink eye.

When we had to stop for the water pageant, I thought she may have a breakdown.

I think that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who enjoys being 20 minutes later than they expected, on a packed boat, 3 weeks before Christmas, at 9:30 at night, but chill out lady! You're at WDW, your life could be much worse!

When we got near the MK dock, of course we had to stop again since all the boats had to wait for the EWP.

HT lady looks at her DIL and says

"I'm SO anxious!!! I just want to get there!"

DIL is clearly annoyed by her by now and replies

"You're here! They just have to dock the boat"

HT lady responds

"I just don't think I'm getting my moneys worth"

<_<

Finally the boat docks, and I all but sprint to get away from this woman.

The castle show had just started, so we watched it while strolling weaving through Main Street. Sorry, no pics. I was afraid to stop in the midst of the stampede.

I checked my phone app for wait times on Big Thunder Mt and it was showing 60 minutes. No thanks.

We decided to check out Fantasy Land at night.

Here is is moon over Space Mt

FortDecember2012177.jpg

The Teacups

FortDecember2012178.jpg

TaDa! The new Fantasy Land.

FortDecember2012179.jpg

It ended up being a great plan as the fireworks had just started.

FortDecember2012181.jpg

FortDecember2012182.jpg

We stopped to enjoy them. It's a great area to watch the fireworks. Some of them are literally over your head.

When the fireworks ended, we found out the new Ariel ride had a 10 minute wait time. Sounds like a winner!

FortDecember2012183.jpg

I think the general consensus is that the expansion is amazing! They did a fantastic job.

I will share a few photos from Ariel.

In the queue:

FortDecember2012184.jpg

FortDecember2012185.jpg

Scuttle

FortDecember2012186.jpg

The star, Ariel

FortDecember2012190.jpg

Ursula

FortDecember2012191.jpg

My favorite scene

FortDecember2012192.jpg

That's all the pics I'll post so as not to ruin it for those that haven't seen it, but the ride is great!

The Fountain in front of Gaston's Tavern

FortDecember2012194.jpg

We were just wandering around checking things out. We ended up at the gift shop

FortDecember2012195.jpg

We drooled over the goodies and were given a sugar cookie sample.

FortDecember2012196.jpg

FortDecember2012197.jpg

The kids splash area is cute.....and wet.

FortDecember2012198.jpg

Dueling Dumbo rides should help with the wait times. I'm always amazed at how long people will wait for Dumbo.

FortDecember2012200.jpg

Nate and I were getting tired and we wanted to see the castle lights. I checked BTM wait times and it said 50 minutes. Not much of an improvement.

We decided to head back towards the castle.

I don't know if it was a sixth sense or Nate has the scent skills of a bloodhound, but he wanted a Nutella waffle. I argued that it wouldn't be open at 11:30 pm.

I lost the argument, and am happy to admit so.

FortDecember2012201.jpg

Yep, we shared a nutella waffle at 11:30!

Sinful, but we're on vacation.

By the time we finished our snack, the wait for BTM was down to 20 minutes. We dashed over and rode the wildest ride in the wilderness! One of my favorites and I was not disappointed.

We were both exhausted by now, so we knew we would stop to enjoy the castle and head back to the Fort.

Beautiful, as always

FortDecember2012202.jpg

FortDecember2012204.jpg

FortDecember2012205.jpg

FortDecember2012206.jpg

FortDecember2012207.jpg

It was 12:30 when we exited the gate. We arrived back at the Fort with no wait, and no hoity toity ladies.

Trevor was sound asleep when we got back and Nate and I followed suit.

Coming up: Sunday. Nate and Donnie are both leaving me. Poor Trevor is going to have to fill in as my accomplice.

Great pics, Stef! Your HT lady reminds me of a woman and her daughter in line behind me at the store register in MK one day. It was particularly chilly that day so the stores were packed early with people buying sweatshirts. The people in front of me took what seemed like forever to complete their purchases, but I was very much entertained by the woman behind me over-the-top complaining about being in line for so long. All I could think was "If you think 15 minutes in line to buy stuff is bad, wait until you try and get on Peter Pan!" :rofl2:

Glad for the Osbourne Lights as we missed them this year and changed our plans to not go back for Christmas.

The new Fantasyland is awesome and I liked it more at night I think.

Dueling Dumbos.... I am not a fan of the new line. You have to walk really far and sometimes to find once you are inside you have to get a pager and wait 30-60 min... however riding them at night is pretty cool.

I love Big Thunder. Just wish the rest of the family did too

I think that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who enjoys being 20 minutes later than they expected, on a packed boat, 3 weeks before Christmas, at 9:30 at night, but chill out lady! You're at WDW, your life could be much worse!

It was 12:30 when we exited the gate. We arrived back at the Fort with no wait, and no hoity toity ladies.

Amen and :bravo: One should never complain about being on a crowded MK boat at Christmas time. If that is where you are .... you are very fortunate. There are certainly worse problem to be had. :) (I do have to admit you were more polite than me by just sprinting away at the first available moment. Shamefully, I have been known to say out loud what you were thinking.) I always try to be polite but sometimes I fail. Bad me. Yay for you... you scored high on the politeness meter!!! You may have pegged it out on that one.

Thankfully hoity toity ladies aren't generally a problem at the Fort! :whew:

Your nighttime photos were fantastic! Great job!

Amen and :bravo: One should never complain about being on a crowded MK boat at Christmas time. If that is where you are .... you are very fortunate. There are certainly worse problem to be had. :) (I do have to admit you were more polite than me by just sprinting away at the first available moment. Shamefully, I have been known to say out loud what you were thinking.) I always try to be polite but sometimes I fail. Bad me. Yay for you... you scored high on the politeness meter!!! You may have pegged it out on that one.

Thankfully hoity toity ladies aren't generally a problem at the Fort! :whew:

Your nighttime photos were fantastic! Great job!

A bad day at Disney is better than most days anywhere else....

I don't know if it was a sixth sense or Nate has the scent skills of a bloodhound, but he wanted a Nutella waffle. I argued that it wouldn't be open at 11:30 pm.

I lost the argument, and am happy to admit so.

FortDecember2012201.jpg

Yep, we shared a nutella waffle at 11:30!

Sinful, but we're on vacation.

More proof the boy was switched at birth......

10+ years later, XX pounds lighter, ....... Mom.

I got behind on my trip report reading over the weekend, and just got caught up on yours.

Great stuff. I love all the night time photos you got.

I'm glad to hear you finally got to see Nemo. We love that show.

Also glad to hear you tried the hot dog on pretzel roll at DHS. I should have warned you about the mustard. The twins ask for theirs on the side. You are absolutely right about how it all gets pushed to the bottom so the last couple of bites will get you.

Looking forward to the rest.

TCD