Stef's Walking In A Disney Wonderland

Boat bells ring,

Are ya listening?

In the Fort, the sun is glistening.

A beautiful site,

The party's tonight,

Walking in a Disney wonderland......

Nobody does Christmas like Disney does Christmas, so it's time to hitch up the rv and head to the Fort.

We left home on Thursday, November 29th with reservations until Tuesday, December 4th.

Mason loaded up.

FortDecember2012004.jpg

As soon as this picture was taken, my camera died. Lens out, won't turn on or off. CRAP! I refuse to go to WDW without my camera! Before I threw it across the street, Trevor took the card and battery out, wiped both off and put them back in.

Voila!

It worked, but I was jaded. What if it died after the next picture? Or two days from now when I've taken 50 more? So I snapped a test picture of Trev.

FortDecember2012002.jpg

So far, so good. Just in case I ran back into the house and grabbed my old camera.

Not 2 miles up the road we watched a lady drive down the side of a semi trailer. He was in the outside lane and she never even glanced his way. I looked at Trevor and told him: I saw NOTHING!

Sorry truck driver, I'm on my way to the Fort!

(there were 3 county workers there watching the whole thing. Finally, they had a real job to do)

5 miles later, a guy, pulling a trailer, pulls out in front of us!

I've now stained my britches and I'm thinking that this trip isn't starting out well.

Ahhh, nothing but open road.

FortDecember2012003.jpg

Yes, we were pulled over in that picture. A strap was flapping and Trevor didn't want it to beat the side of the cart all the way to Orlando.

Things are looking up!

FortDecember2012005.jpg

FortDecember2012006.jpg

FortDecember2012007.jpg

FortDecember2012008.jpg

FortDecember2012009.jpg

And......SCORE!

FortDecember2012011.jpg

It was about 11:30 when we arrived. No lines.

FortDecember2012012.jpg

Pick a lane, any lane. (Well any one that's open)

FortDecember2012013.jpg

A nice young CM checked us in. He was efficient and we were headed to our site after about 15 minutes.

While he was working I found the stash of "Bye-Bye Mickey hands"

FortDecember2012014.jpg

As the CM hands me my check in packet, he says:

"You look like a nice lady"

then he looks at Trevor

"right sir?"

Trevor mumbles something under his breath.

After that awkward exchange, the CM hands me my packet.

FortDecember2012015.jpg

550, my favorite site. Thanks Disney, my day is going much better now.

Here we are at site #550

FortDecember2012016.jpg

A couple of shade tree mechanics are working in my site.

Trevor gets out and tells him to "Move it or lose it!"

FortDecember2012017.jpg

Kidding! If you've met Trevor, you'd know that was a lie.

Two older guys were working on their car because that site had been empty all week. They chatted with Trevor while I got out to walk Mason.

Soon, we were ready to set up.

FortDecember2012018.jpg

Mason scoped out the area

FortDecember2012019.jpg

Trevor started on the outside

FortDecember2012020.jpg

While Mason and I supervised.

FortDecember2012021.jpg

When the screen room was all set up, including our electric cooler, I was wiping down the table and smelled a foul smell. Burning electrical smell! The plug between the cooler and converter was billowing smoke.

I pulled the plug and promptly put the cooler in the truck. No way was I going to trust it. Thank God I was standing right there and we weren't off somewhere, with Mason stuck inside.

SCARY!

I'm still going with the flow at this point (and drinking a beer)

No biggie, we'll use the plastic tub, keg-style, to keep the punch jug chilled.

To complete the set up I had to decorate the Fiend tree. Mason wasn't impressed.

FortDecember2012023.jpg

Mission complete!

FortDecember2012025.jpg

FortDecember2012024.jpg

Time for some exploring.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The conversations we were all having that evening were.... interesting. I just remember being in Stef's chair and having to roll out onto the ground so I could standup near the end of the night.

Its not. its an optical illusion. She is just so small, it makes the cup look bigger..... ;-)

I totally see nothing wrong with that outfit. I'm not a fan of the flip flops with socks look that's happening these days. Who would have thought that the trend would be plumber's crack saggy pants an

Then again, I don't think anyone would notice after a glass or two.

I had one glass of punch while waiting for Rita to arrive - then another after picking up her and Chris and bringing them back. I had no trouble noticing or recalling - unlike certain people.

Mason pic :jumpforjoy

Test Pic :parrot:

What that they say, a pic is worth a thousand or 2?

I'm in. That story about the cooler sounds like a decent explanation for chilling the punch keg-style. Then again, I don't think anyone would notice after a glass or two.

That explanation was probably the only decent thing.

I don't think either.

:clint:

I had one glass of punch while waiting for Rita to arrive - then another after picking up her and Chris and bringing them back. I had no trouble noticing or recalling - unlike certain people.

Then obviously you didn't have enough.

:clint: