Stef's Walking In A Disney Wonderland

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The conversations we were all having that evening were.... interesting. I just remember being in Stef's chair and having to roll out onto the ground so I could standup near the end of the night.

Its not. its an optical illusion. She is just so small, it makes the cup look bigger..... ;-)

I totally see nothing wrong with that outfit. I'm not a fan of the flip flops with socks look that's happening these days. Who would have thought that the trend would be plumber's crack saggy pants an

Sorry for the brief sabbatical.

After returning from our lunch at MK, we took Mason for a cart ride. Of course, that means I got to ride "b**ch"

While we were riding, I could hear a noise coming from the back of the cart, like a squeaking sound.

Who'd a thought we'd stop, mid looping, to check it out.

FortDecember2012322.jpg

FortDecember2012323.jpg

We think it's a spring, but have been too busy to dig into it further since we brought it home.

I forgot to mention that Saturday night while Nate and I were at MK, Alabama won the football game against Georgia.

That meant I had to listen to countless people shout "Roll Tide" to Nate, to which he returned the same. UGH!

These folks must have been happy too.

FortDecember2012324.jpg

Because we were going home the next morning and our guests were gone, Trevor put the back bunk up and took my Jimmie flag down, which he pinned on Mason.

FortDecember2012325.jpg

FortDecember2012326.jpg

We took it off before he ripped it off. Mason won't wear anything!

Carol stopped by again for a mid-afternoon chat while we planned our evening. Good to visit again, Carol! :wave1:

By the time we got moving again, we knew we'd never make the first processional. No biggie, we'd shoot for the next one.

We decided to drive over to Epcot. Here's our walk in.

FortDecember2012327.jpg

The sky to the right was a beautiful pink color, but a monorail photo bombed me, so you can't see much.

FortDecember2012328.jpg

Donald and Goofy rockin their Christmas duds.

FortDecember2012329.jpg

One quick shot of the ball

FortDecember2012330.jpg

We walked straight over to Test Track, which was still up and running. The line looked pretty long, but I knew Trevor really wanted to ride, so we joined the masses.

FortDecember2012331.jpg

A few shots from the queue

FortDecember2012332.jpg

FortDecember2012333.jpg

A neat futuristic car they have hanging. (Cool, but TINY, even for me)

FortDecember2012336.jpg

FortDecember2012337.jpg

FortDecember2012338.jpg

FortDecember2012339.jpg

Call me skeptical, but I'm not buying all the futuristic garbage.

I'm still waiting for our cars to fly like they did in the Jetson's.

The original Test Track also had future cars which never came to fruition.

We're still driving plain old cars on the road.

I'm not going to spoil the ride for those who haven't been on it but make sure to pay attention to this car in the second room you're herded into. I was off in my own world for the first few minutes before I realized what was happening. Very neat.

FortDecember2012340.jpg

The third room you go into, puts you on a number spot which corresponds with the computer you will work on in the fourth holding room.

Yes, I said FOURTH. Don't be fooled by the little line you see at the front doors. 8)

You then get to design your own car. This may shock you, but here is ours.

FortDecember2012342.jpg

It then rates your car on different things.

You can see that our capability is a 75. That baby will go anywhere.

Our efficiency is 26....not so different from our real life trucks. But it looks cool.

FortDecember2012343.jpg

Finally our ride arrives. We ended up waiting about 40 minutes in total, not too bad.

FortDecember2012344.jpg

FortDecember2012345.jpg

For the record, I loved it! I have always loved test track. Sure there are some things I missed from the first version, but the real ride at the end is all I really ever cared about. I'm not sure if this one is faster, or it just seemed faster because it was dark and it's been so long since we've ridden it, but it was fun.

My favorite memory of Test Track came while we were standing in line. I received a text from Nate, with this pic attached. (sorry for quality, he took it with his phone)

homedec.jpg

Hmmm, that looks like my house!

Then it dawned on me.

Nathen had put up all of our outside decorations. He recruited 5 of his buddies to help, and they even picked out a tree for the inside, which I decorated when I got home.

That's my boy! :heart:

I cried, right there in the TT queue. DORK!

The TT experience put us about 10 minutes behind schedule but we were sort of hungry. We headed toward the showcase.

Ball and fountain.

FortDecember2012347.jpg

More Christmas characters

FortDecember2012348.jpg

Epcot Christmas tree.

FortDecember2012349.jpg

Shots over the water

FortDecember2012351.jpg

FortDecember2012352.jpg

Neither one of us were starving after such a huge lunch so we stopped at the cantina.

FortDecember2012353.jpg

We shared some nachos, which were delicious! We were planning on a snack later, so this was just enough to hold us over.

FortDecember2012354.jpg

We made it to the processional about 10 minutes after it started and were able to stand along the back row, which was fine.

When I get back, I'll share a couple photos from that, our late night snack, and a cool ride back to the Fort.

FortDecember2012323.jpg

My NEW computer desktop background.

"2K Butt over Straw"

homedec.jpg

Hmmm, that looks like my house!

Then it dawned on me.

Nathen had put up all of our outside decorations. He recruited 5 of his buddies to help, and they even picked out a tree for the inside, which I decorated when I got home.

That's my boy! :heart:

I cried, right there in the TT queue. DORK!

slow/slow/awesome/you sure?/Softy/Yup!

That is one awesome boy you have there in Nate. How sweet was that?

I have about the same opinion as you about Test Track. Overall, I like the changes. The twins really liked the changes. I really liked the old version, though, so this new one is going to need to grow on me.

We love those nachos from the quick serve at Mexico. but we skip the jalapenos.

I wish you hadn't brought up the flying cars. I always complain about this too. It was something I looked forward to my whole life. Now it looks like it's never going to happen.

TCD

I thought I was going to live on the moon. I'm pretty ticked off about it not happening. I watched that 1999 TV show religiously so I would know what to expect.

Thanks for the update. Give that guy a hug for the wonderful Christmas Light surprise.

Before we move on to Sunday at the Fort, I want to share this.

I did some Christmas shopping over the weekend. I ran into Kmart to get wrapping paper and bought myself some new slippers.

Kid clearance for $4.00! ^-^

yodaslippers.jpg

I am just catching up on reading trip reports and I must be tired. I started reading with this post and for some reason I thought I was still reading TCD's report. I said to myself "Kid's clearance slippers? For a man he must have absolutely tiny feet...weird." Then I realized I was reading your report...whew! :rofl2:

I had other comments but I read so many pages I forget what they are!

My NEW computer desktop background.

"2K Butt over Straw"

Glad I could be of help.

If only I would have had my camera in hand after the BBS concert, I could use yours, as ours.

I even have a wide screen monitor. :moon:

That is one awesome boy you have there in Nate. How sweet was that?

We love those nachos from the quick serve at Mexico. but we skip the jalapenos.

TCD

Not to toot my own horn, but Nate is awesome! By far, my greatest accomplishment. :heart:

No jalapenos? Wimp.

I thought I was going to live on the moon. I'm pretty ticked off about it not happening. I watched that 1999 TV show religiously so I would know what to expect.

I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one disappointed in the future stuff.

Sounds like you had a great last day!

Not sure how I feel about the changes to TT. Guess I'll have to wait til we actually ride it on our next trip.

We did Gwen!

I think if you just go with the flow, you'll enjoy TT.

I can handle changes much better than extinction.

I never loved Horizons, or Wonders of Life, but now that they're gone I miss them.

I am just catching up on reading trip reports and I must be tired. I started reading with this post and for some reason I thought I was still reading TCD's report. I said to myself "Kid's clearance slippers? For a man he must have absolutely tiny feet...weird." Then I realized I was reading your report...whew! :rofl2:

I had other comments but I read so many pages I forget what they are!

Thanks for catching up!

TCD is not a big guy, but I doubt he'd fit in my slippers. :hah:

Nate appears to be a true southern gentleman. Hats off to you and Trevor... you raised him right !

:blush: Thanks so much.

Great job Nate! You need to post the picture(s) of your decorations on the 2012 decorations post

That's a pretty crappy picture. I'll try to get a better one with my camera and post it there.

It's been so drizzly (Is that even a word?) that we haven't turned on the outside lights in the last two nights.

Merry rainy Christmas. :wacko:

We're still at Epcot, leaning comfortably against a trash can, watching the processional.

Andy Garcia was the celebrity narrator. Might I add that he is a very handsome man?

FortDecember2012358.jpg

FortDecember2012359.jpg

FortDecember2012357.jpg

FortDecember2012356.jpg

FortDecember2012361.jpg

A wonderful show, no matter who narrates it. Andy even threw in a bunch of Spanish, which I've long forgotten since high school, and it was still beautiful.

When the show ended, we had one more stop to make.

FortDecember2012355.jpg

We picked up a couple goodies for later and made our way to the exit.

Someone once said "you can never have too many ball photos" (Ok, it was me) So here's a few night balls.

FortDecember2012362.jpg

FortDecember2012363.jpg

FortDecember2012365.jpg

I'm pretty sure these have been here for 30 years but I've never noticed. This may be due to spending too much time at the margarita stand on normal nights.

FortDecember2012364.jpg

On our way back to the Fort, we were treated to the fireworks.

FortDecember2012366.jpg

FortDecember2012367.jpg

Home again

FortDecember2012368.jpg

FortDecember2012369.jpg

After we got settled at the site, we pulled out our caramel shop treasures.

One big hunk 'o caramel and a chocolate, chocolate chip cookie, drizzled in caramel. We split both and while the caramel was delicious, the cookie was a little dry.

FortDecember2012370.jpg

This was our final Disney night. I climbed in bed, already dreading the packing up and driving home to reality that would occur in the morning.

I'll be back in a bit to share a few last photos and wrap this report up.

This is too funny.

We hit up the caramel shop after we saw the CP last Friday.

Great minds think alike.

It was my first time trying one of the salted caramels, which I have heard so much about from you and others.

I'll just say we will be back.

There is some good stuff in that store.

My only complaint was that for a place run by Germans, it sure was inefficient. Granted, we hit it after Illuminations, so it was crowded, but they had a bunch of people behind the counter, but only one guy took the orders.

Those lights in the pavement at Epcot have been there for as long as we have visited there. When the twins were little, these were a big hit with them. Twin #1 would lay on the ground and look in the little holes to see what was going on down there. As I have often said, that one ain't right.

TCD

This is too funny.

We hit up the caramel shop after we saw the CP last Friday.

Great minds think alike.

TCD

8) That's crazy!

Great ending to your last day, Stef!

Thanks Gwen, as good as any last day of vacation can be. You know the feeling. :(

That boy of yours is a prize. Of course he also has an awesome Mama...

:hugs2: Thanks Nicki. I'm actually blushing.

I don't want to go home. Do we really have to pack up in the morning?

Yes, it's that time. I don't want to go either but I got a special trip in the works so that eases the pain a bit.

This is it folks, the fat lady is singing.

Tuesday morning it's time to vacate the premises.

It's December 4th and I have done very minimal Christmas shopping.

My decorations are up, thanks to the kids.

My tree needs ornaments.

I have another BBS concert in two days.

We have family parties and work parties lined up.

I've been at the Fort for 6 days, which means laundry, bookwork, mail and real work.

Time to make like a tree and leave.

Before any packing takes place, Mason gets one last walk around the loop.

FortDecember2012371.jpg

The dismantling begins.

FortDecember2012372.jpg

Mason occupies himself with a stick. A BIG stick.

FortDecember2012373.jpg

Almost there, the fiend tree and Trev's bike are ready to be loaded.

FortDecember2012374.jpg

As we're getting more packed up, Mason wants in the truck.

FortDecember2012375.jpg

When we were down to the manly details (Chock blocks, sewer and water hoses) I needed to run over to Carol's and say Goodbye.

I know she isn't an early riser, so just in case, I wrote a note. It was around 9:00 am when I pulled into Carol's site and all was quiet. I stuck the note to her golf cart wheel and made my back to finish up.

We pulled out of the 500 loop....almost.

FortDecember2012377.jpg

FortDecember2012376.jpg

Some fellow campers stopped us to ask how we had the golf cart hooked in and how we got it in there. I sat in the truck waiting, thinking of all the stuff I needed to do when I got home.

Now that I've accepted that vacation is over, I just want to GO.

When we got to the 4-way stop, we had to follow this guy out. UGH! Just prolonging the agony of leaving.

FortDecember2012378.jpg

I stuck my tongue out at the folks that would be coming through this gate to claim my site.

FortDecember2012379.jpg

And again to all the people inside that had just arrived on their magical vacation.

FortDecember2012380.jpg

Being a Tuesday, there was hardly any traffic and we made it home in just over an hour. That was even after a quick "pit stop" at Okahumpka plaza.

As we pulled out of the plaza, we followed this guy out.

FortDecember2012381.jpg

Hard to tell in that moving pic but he had a Fort Wilderness tire cover on the back.

If he had also just came from the Fort, I felt his pain.

Thanks for traveling with us. Til the next adventure, I leave you with some Blackberry Smoke wisdom.

I'm lucky as a seven, I dance to my own tune.

I may not get to heaven Lord, for the wicked things I do.

If ya wanna walk in my boots, and take all that I've took,

It ain't as easy as it looks.