Could you Imagine? FB Status of a friend of mine.

This was the FB post of a friend of mine who also happens to have a child on the Autism Spectrum. I cannot even begin to imagine how I would reacted to this. Scratch that. I do know how I would react. This made me absolutely sick to my stomach and I truly hope and pray I do not have this happen to me.

"A friend who also has an "Autism" sticker on her car was approached by an inconsiderate IDIOT today who asked her "what is it like knowing you have a potential mass-murderer on you hands." She handled it much better than I would have. I wonder if she would have asked a person with a "priest" sticker on their car (usually for hospital parking purposes) if they had already abused boys-bet not!"

Mental illness is tragic. The impact on families can't be imagined by those whose lives have not been touched by it. As much as acceptance has improved, the prejudices still thrive. I am afraid this incident will set back any advances made in acceptance by many degrees.

I having been watching the "talking heads" on TV the last few days repeating this nonsense. Maybe if they shut up and quit repeating crap they know nothing about, ignorant people could keep their ill-formed comments to themselves!!

Kim I'm so sorry that their are so many idiots out there that can cause such pain. :heart: :hugs2:

I having been watching the "talking heads" on TV the last few days repeating this nonsense. Maybe if they shut up and quit repeating crap they know nothing about, ignorant people could keep their ill-formed comments to themselves!!

Kim I'm so sorry that their are so many idiots out there that can cause such pain. :heart: :hugs2:

I haven't been watching the news either. It's just too much to absorb right now. While I feel horribly for those who lost their children and other loved ones in this, I just can't bear to watch it.

YOu're right Cherie.. there are idiots out there who really like to show off their mad idiot skills. And there are also parents, like me, who would NOT have handled such a comment with very much grace. All I can say is that jerk would need to worry less about my autistic child and worry more about the mama they just p***** off.

I haven't been watching the news either. It's just too much to absorb right now. While I feel horribly for those who lost their children and other loved ones in this, I just can't bear to watch it.

YOu're right Cherie.. there are idiots out there who really like to show off their mad idiot skills. And there are also parents, like me, who would NOT have handled such a comment with very much grace. All I can say is that jerk would need to worry less about my autistic child and worry more about the mama they just p***** off.

Oh Kimmie, you dont know how many times a day I think of you and Gabe and just shake my head in amazement at what you do. Your right, that ass clown would have been introduced to the buisness end of my fist.. I'd take an assult charge with grace just to be able to shut someone like that up.

I like your style Judy. KFK....you and your friend are no doubt good parents and doing God's work.

Someone has to be doing the work for the other side and your friend seems to have met one of those people.

The "ass clown" will be judged someday and I am quite sure that incident will be brought up.

That would have been a learning experience for that asshat if he had said that to me. Autism is NOT a mental illness. It's a condition. There has never been any link between Aspberger's and violent behavior ever. And as far as the recent shooting, the only thing mentioned in the reporting is that he MIGHT have had Aspbergers. Never a mention of mental illness. And then there is the hue and cry for "better access to mental health care". This kid comes from a wealthy family. If there was a need for treatment in that area, he had access to the best I'm sure. People need to stop making excuses and recognize that evil exists in this world, and occasionally we have to confront it.

There will always be idiots out there who think they are the final word on everything. Autism gets a bad rap just as mental illness does. To blame a disease for the killing of innocent people is the answer those idiots will be looking for. Often there are no answers as to "why". Special needs children are a blessing to those entrusted with their care. Are there days of wanting to scream and run away.....of course (just like when raising typical children)....Are there days when we ask "why?" of course. Are there days when we would not change places with anyone else...yes...every day.

We would not change places with anyone else in the world. We love our special children and they love us. In fact they love all people. They are caring, sweet and appreciative. We feel blessed to have been entrusted with their care.

We will ignore the idiots who blame autisim or any disease rather than face the truth which is "there are mean people in the world".

And yes, that person should be on their knees thanking God I was not the one they spoke to. I would be on here asking for donations for my bail.

There will always be idiots out there who think they are the final word on everything. Autism gets a bad rap just as mental illness does. To blame a disease for the killing of innocent people is the answer those idiots will be looking for. Often there are no answers as to "why". Special needs children are a blessing to those entrusted with their care. Are there days of wanting to scream and run away.....of course (just like when raising typical children)....Are there days when we ask "why?" of course. Are there days when we would not change places with anyone else...yes...every day.

We would not change places with anyone else in the world. We love our special children and they love us. In fact they love all people. They are caring, sweet and appreciative. We feel blessed to have been entrusted with their care.

We will ignore the idiots who blame autisim or any disease rather than face the truth which is "there are mean people in the world".

And yes, that person should be on their knees thanking God I was not the one they spoke to. I would be on here asking for donations for my bail.

Well said. As for your last sentence. ME TOO! Have mercy I'm glad it wasn't said to me!

For me one of the worst things about it is that the killer was NOT even diagnosed with any form of autism. The media grabbed hold of a comment that "he may possibly have a form of an autism disorder" :gaah: !!!! This young man obviously had worse problems than autism.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was curious how other people would feel about this.

• 4 weeks later...

There all all kinds of idiots out there. This reminds me of an interview of a Marine Corp General about the training of his men. The female reported asked what it was like to train all of those killers. Since he equipping them and was training them to pull the trigger and kill another human being.

His reply was short and simple: God gave you breasts and a vagina, how did you not become a prostitute?

Had he said that to me one of the following things would have happened:

1. (if Matthew was with me, in his glorious build of being 6'2 & 185 pounds) Me to Matt "The man just said that he told Santa you weren't getting any gifts this year" Matt's response would be to scream, holler, push him & possibly hit him (yes Matt has had a couple of violent outbursts)

2. (if Matthew wasn't with me) I'm going all Southern on his ass & kicking the crap out of him. Wouldn't be the first ass to get it.

Every Mom I know who is raising a child with Autism is NOT someone I would purposefully instigate a fight with. They are all Mama Bears, ready to open up a can of whoop ass on idiots like this. I think that moron is very lucky your friend's friend only posted the encounter on FB. The Mom's I know, including you Kim, wouldn't be posting it on FB upon the advice on their lawyers. God Bless you for everything you do....and know that you have the support of every one of us here in the event you do need to raise bail money some day.

Had he said that to me one of the following things would have happened:

1. (if Matthew was with me, in his glorious build of being 6'2 & 185 pounds) Me to Matt "The man just said that he told Santa you weren't getting any gifts this year" Matt's response would be to scream, holler, push him & possibly hit him (yes Matt has had a couple of violent outbursts)

2. (if Matthew wasn't with me) I'm going all Southern on his ass & kicking the crap out of him. Wouldn't be the first ass to get it.

1. :bravo: That would be one way to handle it.

2. Yep. That jerk would be praying for a way to escape.

There are just some ignorant people out there that have to try to belittle people to try to make themselves feel better. Sorry that happened to your friend.

Thanks. Me too.

Every Mom I know who is raising a child with Autism is NOT someone I would purposefully instigate a fight with. They are all Mama Bears, ready to open up a can of whoop ass on idiots like this. I think that moron is very lucky your friend's friend only posted the encounter on FB. The Mom's I know, including you Kim, wouldn't be posting it on FB upon the advice on their lawyers. God Bless you for everything you do....and know that you have the support of every one of us here in the event you do need to raise bail money some day.

You nailed that one Dave! Do they have internet in lockdown?

Thanks. I appreciate the offer to raise bail money. My fear is that the ruling would be "Bail denied". As my cousin's lil girl said once.... I woulda opened a can of corn on them!