DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

Hey Dave! So glad/jealous to see you and your family at FW! Just a couple of comments while I wait for the next installment:

DSCN1113.JPG

This is the best picture ever. Truly. Having said that, does anyone else see what is going on behind Anna?

Many of you have seen my Gwen's videos before. She has put one together of this trip and it's on YouTube. Because of editing issues from the number of files she was using, it is split into 7 pieces. If you are interested in watching, click the link below, and then click "Play All" at the top of the screen. It should play the 7 videos one after the other. WARNING: It is 10 min long....

http://www.youtube.c...Gspd8Bhh5-tiK7w

Awesome video. I really have no idea how teens know how to do all that. I am bound and determined to have mine make a video on our next trip.

One last comment - next time you're passing through my neck of the woods, you have to let me at least wave at y'all as you go by on I-65!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

Gary, Sir Patrick, Hugh Jackman, Ewan Mcgrwgor, and Alex skarsguard - any and all of them could I happily listen to them read a phone book. That's just the short list

Sofia Vergara. That's who I would like to hear read the phone book.

What do you mean you will try to post the videeo of Anna dancing? What makes you think this might be optional? ????

Yes, maam!!! There is a small snipet of Anna dancing to CP in the video link I posted.

I am also at home, sick on the couch on a Friday night - looking forward to more of your TR!

I hope you are feeling better this morning....I am not yet.

Gary, Sir Patrick, Hugh Jackman, Ewan Mcgrwgor, and Alex skarsguard - any and all of them could I happily listen to them read a phone book. That's just the short list

I don't even know who all of those people are.

woohoo :jumpforjoy I'm in! I'm positive I have no life anymore but not at all certain where it went to. So nice to share in yours. Your family is truly Blessed. INC looks great and the girls are growing up so fast...

Hey Pam! Nice to hear from you....we have been thinking of you and praying for your family.

Great food pics! We have had the margherita pizza as well as that shrimp and bean salad and loved them both. We also had the Sangria and it was really tasty. A pitcher was good for two and reasonably priced.

The margherita pizza is our favorite too. And I tried my kids' pepperoni pizza...they use really good pepperoni.

Sangria sounds pretty good right now!

Doesn't it always? Except the sangria at the HDDR...that's not so good.

I'm so glad you had such an awesome night at the CP. Our narrator was Kurt Franklin, he was awesome! I know I was moved!

I don't want to know what part of you was moved. :)

Sadly, I guess that I've seen it too many times and it's become less than magical. It never changes. How about letting some of the singing celebs sing?

We went one day before you and as I was watching those horn players I was thinking, it must be though to stand holding that horn for an hour.

Thank you for the commentary, Mr. Wet Blanket. :rofl3:

and worth every single minute! I adore Gwen and her videos! She is a talented young lady!

Thanks Rita! Her videos crack me up, but it's not always fun watching another family's videos. I post one now and then when it's relevant to my trip report though, and am glad you liked it!

I agree with you Dave the new test track is just stupid now. Once a great ride, not now.

Yup.

Great videos

Thanks, Michael.

Better late to the party than never! :wave1:

Love the photo captions and the pood forn!

Gwen's video was terrific. I especially loved all the random dancing. :)

Bout time! Glad you enjoy the random dancing.

the videos are soooo cool!!!!!

Thanks Carol!

Love the videos!!!

I don't about you all, but I swear Anna was giving me lots of kisses throughout the videos.

Stella: "Yo brothaaa"

Me: :rofl3: :rofl2:

She is at my absolute favorite age :heartsmiley:

She is hilarious. And a diva.

1. Gary will be unavailable for some time but I may need to start a fund to pay his bills.

2. Go Anna. Perhaps she was hoping for Russian and pick Japanese by accident. (Like father, like daughter)

3. Will have to wait to watch the video when on the computer.

Russian...Japanese....what's the difference?

Hey Dave! So glad/jealous to see you and your family at FW! Just a couple of comments while I wait for the next installment:

This is the best picture ever. Truly. Having said that, does anyone else see what is going on behind Anna?

Awesome video. I really have no idea how teens know how to do all that. I am bound and determined to have mine make a video on our next trip.

One last comment - next time you're passing through my neck of the woods, you have to let me at least wave at y'all as you go by on I-65!

Hi Leslie! That's hilarious about that picture....Christy and Emma kept photobombing throughout the trip, and I don't even think I've noticed all the times they did it. I know I didn't pick that one up. LOL.

I waved at you when we passed through...you mean you weren't waving back?

Caught up. Great pix and narration. What a blessed man you are. I have a DS and DD and I love them equally. But there's nothing like the love from my little girl. And you get that love 5 times more then me. Keep the TR coming.

There is a special bond between Daddy's and daughters. Of course, I learned in science as a kid that Tension is a bond. So there you go. :rofl3:

Sofia Vergara. That's who I would like to hear read the phone book.

Or Fran Drescher.

Have you been hitting the homemade beer again?

Russell described the new TT theming the same way, that it looked like Tron. He didn't like it either.

Gwen's video is awesome. I bookmarked it to show it to Maddie when she wakes up. :)

Thanks Holly! And I see you married a smart man.

Just watched the video, Gwen sure has some talent! Loved the "Telephone Guy" - I think we've all had days like that but just keep swimming swimming....

Telephone Guy was the star of the show for me. I love how determined he was to pick up that phone, and didn't even react to the water crashing over him. Funny thing is, INC and I didn't see it in person as the older girls went off alone for that. They told us about it, but nothing compares to seeing it. I LOL every time I watch it. The poor doofus doesn't even realize he's a celebrity now.

I'm here, finally, and all caught up! It took me a while to read everything this morning but it was time well spent! Love the pictures and narration. The girls are beautiful and I can't wait to see all of you again at SM.

Now that I'm caught up let's get moving with another update, ok?

Would like to watch the videos, but they are not available on my ipad. Will have to wait until I am on the PC

The Reason For The Season

Before too long, the orchestra came out and began playing, and the Candlelight Processionial began. The choir proceeds by candlelight into the theater while singing....just beautiful.

The main reason I was excited about seeing this show again, in particular 2 days before Christmas, is to ensure that we stayed focused on the reason we were all celebrating. I was afraid that taking my kids to Disney World for Christmas would put the focus on rides, camping, food, and other silly things. Disney World can easily represent the worst attributes of rampant consumerism. But Disney also, I think, does a good job in this day and age maintaining a visible focus on real Christmas symbolism. They have not fallen on the secular bandwagon and rethemed the CP as the Disney Winter Festival. It is about Christ, His coming and what it represents for mankind. I loved it.

The announcer introduced Gary Sinese, and it was exciting to see him walk out on stage. He appeared very humble in my opinion, as if he knew this wasn't about him. I don't imagine all celebrities would look at it that way. His reading of the Christmas story was incredibly moving. I can tell you that the readings, the music and the pageantry of the choir brought this dope to tears several times.

DSCN1179.JPG

The show is about an hour long, but it feels like 20 minutes. It was over too soon. But it was great, and I recommend it to anyone that has never seen it. If you are traveling to WDW at Christmas time don't miss it.

Coming up....we ride Test Track, and All Aboard the Damn Judi Dench History Extravaganza!

We love the CP and have been to it both times we have been while it is playing. I agree that it is good to see Disney celebrate the Reason for Christmas.

I have to disagree about Damn Judy Dench, I always enjoy her narration. I also enjoy it when I need a nap too. Going in SE that late at night I would have been out for sure.

Loving the report. Also we love that YMCA too and comment on it every time we go down. I guess the next time we will have to go the I-4 route since we haven't gone that way in so long.

It's not just Judy Dench I don't like, it's the whole dumbed down version of the narration. Bring back the Walter Cronkite soundtrack!

I'm here, finally, and all caught up! It took me a while to read everything this morning but it was time well spent! Love the pictures and narration. The girls are beautiful and I can't wait to see all of you again at SM.

Now that I'm caught up let's get moving with another update, ok?

Don't rush me! lol.

Loved the videos, tell Gwen she did a great job.

Thanks John!

Would like to watch the videos, but they are not available on my ipad. Will have to wait until I am on the PC

That's odd....I think they work on our ipad. But who knows. Those things are fickle.

Okay, I was behind, but I'm all caught up now! I love seeing all your Christmas pics and how happy everyone is! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading! Will try to get an update pulled together.

Wolverine, Capt Picard, Eric Northman (true blood), Gary (csi Ny and Of Mice and men, the young Obi Wan

Gilbert Gottfried, Bobcat Goldthwait

For you Fran Dresher....

Are you two finished?

We love the CP and have been to it both times we have been while it is playing. I agree that it is good to see Disney celebrate the Reason for Christmas.

I have to disagree about Damn Judy Dench, I always enjoy her narration. I also enjoy it when I need a nap too. Going in SE that late at night I would have been out for sure.

Loving the report. Also we love that YMCA too and comment on it every time we go down. I guess the next time we will have to go the I-4 route since we haven't gone that way in so long.

Point taken....it's good for a Damn Good Nap.

It's not just Judy Dench I don't like, it's the whole dumbed down version of the narration. Bring back the Walter Cronkite soundtrack!

I barely remember the Cronkite version, but it had to be better. I do enjoy the ride, but the narration just annoys me.

We've made it to Christmas Eve!!

Well, Christmas Eve morning, that is.

Our plan for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day was to avoid parks and enjoy the Fort. I didn't want to deal with the crowds, plus we were expecting visitors. My parents were driving down from The Villages to spend those days with us. They used to occassionally camp at the Fort with us, and had originally planned on doing that for Christmas, but they sold their motorhome this summer due to some health issues with my Mom. So, they booked a room for Christmas Eve at POR, and spent most of their time with us.

They arrived mid-morning on the 24th, and my Mom immediately had a gift she wanted INC to open.

A little backstory first. When I was 17 or 18, I went to visit my brother who was stationed at that time at Fort Lee, VA. We spent the week visiting Civil War battlefields, and we also drove over to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. On a lark, we got one of those old fashioned tin photos done, dressed in Civil War era clothing. For some reason, even though I was born and raised in the north, I dressed in a Confederate uniform, and my brother dressed in civilian clothes.

Well, my Mom has always had the picture hung in her home, and INC has always loved it. I won't tell you why...something about smoldering. LOL. Anyways, here she is with the picture.

DSCN1197.JPG

That's my Dad in the background.

Just sitting and relaxing for a bit.

DSCN1198.JPG

Eating lunch. I grilled up some burgers and hotdogs, and we had leftover sloppy joe meat on top of the hot dogs. Man, those were good!

DSCN1200.JPG

Doing a bit of looping.

DSCN1201.JPG

DSCN1203.JPG

We decided to take Anna for a pony ride while Nana and Grampa were there to enjoy it.

DSCN1205.JPG

"Hmmm, I'm not so sure about this..."

DSCN1206.JPG

All aboard!

DSCN1207.JPG

DSCN1208.JPG

This was the first trip to the Fort that Stella has been too big to ride....but she didn't mind at all, and was happy to just walk along watching Anna enjoy.

DSCN1209.JPG

DSCN1210.JPG

DSCN1211.JPG

We always seem to get a picture of the bridle to remember which pony we've ridden.

DSCN1212.JPG

Almost done.

DSCN1213.JPG

DSCN1214.JPG

Big sister is in control.

DSCN1215.JPG

After the pony ride, we wandered through the horse barn for a bit, and then headed over to Pioneer Hall to sit on the porch for a bit.

And what do you think was going on there??

They had hot apple cider and snickerdoodles.

FOR FREE!!!

At Disney!! Free cookies and cider at Disney.

Are you hearing what I am saying here???

DSCN1216.JPG

We of course had to have some.

DSCN1217.JPG

DSCN1218.JPG

DSCN1219.JPG

After sitting for a bit, Feisty walked up, took Anna and went back to her campsite.

My parents sat in shock for a moment, wondering why we let a strange woman walk off with our daughter.

We chuckled. And told them who it was. My Dad has spoken with Judy on the phone about reservations before so he knew then that this was no stranger. But we had a good laugh about it. Before too long, Feisty brought her back, and then she took it upon herself to advertise Disney's free cookies and cider. By yelling "FREE COOKIES AND CIDER" from the porch. To anyone passing by. :rofl2: She got a few takers, but it was amazing that there weren't all that many people taking them up on it in the afternoon. Later that evening, when Santa arrived, it seemed busier.

In any case, after sitting a while we headed back to the camper to gather the rest of the girls, and then figured we'd head over to the WL for dinner at Roaring Forks. We carted back to Pioneer Hall first though, and this guy was greeting guests.

DSCN1220.JPG

DSCN1221.JPG

DSCN1222.JPG

DSCN1223.JPG

DSCN1224.JPG

That's probably enough Duck pics.

Before catching the bus to the Lodge, we realized it was about time for another visitor to arrive. And sure enough, we headed back to the porch in time for the arrival of none other than Santa!

DSCN1225.JPG

DSCN1226.JPG

DSCN1228.JPG

DSCN1229.JPG

DSCN1230.JPG

And with that behind us, we walked over to the Settlement Depot and caught the bus to the Lodge. That, and the rest of our Christmas Eve, is coming up.....

Dave,

I am so enjoying reading all about your trip!! Your family is wonderful! I just finished watching Gwens video.....WOW.......I LOVED it!!!! I think in another ten years, we will be seeing Gwens name in the credits for being the producer/director of a Hollywood blockbuster!!! She certainly has some talent!! Thanks for sharing it.

Heidi

I turn my head for one moment that it's page seven already!!

A few comments;

1. I can't believe no comments were made about the Bob in the Box (if there were I didnt see them..), It made me spit on my screen, well done sir

2. Anna and the girls are growing WAY to fast, please secure that.

3. Gwen's video's are awesome, that girl has quite the eye for that kind of stuff, we need to keep our eye on that one, she is going to be famous one day.

4. Ask INC how she gets hotter everytime I see her :heart: Share the secrets sister!

5. It's a sad day when you realize your baby has outgrown the pony rides isnt it? Stella seemed to handle it well, I for one was a mess when Makayla reached the breaking point.

6. Free cider and cookies at the fort, THAT's what I'm talking about!!

7. Love the Judy F. story, doesnt suprise me a bit :)

ok, let's proceed!

I'm excited to know how Christmas Day went, how was it not to be home for all the traditional fair? Was it odd? A nice releif? Do tell! :pc: