DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

I agree that building looks "under used" but you really can't help but smile when you meet Mickey.

Great photo of all the girls with him.

Does Anna ever get scared of the characters?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

I would just like to applaud FortFiends.Net and it's supporters for not being a bunch of Kool-Aid drinking A-Holes. Other, lesser forums would never tolerate an individual rating a Disney attraction as "sucking monkey butt." If anyone be so foolish as to suggest such a thing they would immediately be flamed and possibly accused of actually sucking monkey butt themselves...literally.

So here's to you, Mr. and Mrs. non kool-aid drinking A-holes.

:bellringer:

Until now, I had figured that the first thing out of Walt's mouth after they thaw his head would be "Hey you idiots, close that gate. I don't want guests back there". Now I'm convinced that will be the second thing out of his formerly frozen lips. The first will be "Fire that idiot bus driver".

:rofl2:

About 6 years ago or so. when the BBB was first Opened in Cindy's Castle our DD got the works done and it included pictures they sent us down there and it was set up as a photo studio. I don't think thats what it was originally used for. Maybe somebody else knows what it was originally used for or maybe it was always intended to be used as a multi purpose building.

I'm not sure if its the same building but I think it is.

They had a small theater in the back which showed old Disney Cartoons, as well as having the BBB photo area. They also had in the back of the theater an area with cutouts you could pose with to take a picture. I have some pics of the area around here somewhere. I will try and load them up to post.

That building has had many incarnations, Originally, the Walt Disney Story, then Epcot Preview Center, maybe Studios Preview Center, 25th Anniversary Celebration, Then Camera Shop, with Green Screen Studio and neat history area showing old maquettes and old Disney Cartoons

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/wds.htm

About 6 years ago or so. when the BBB was first Opened in Cindy's Castle our DD got the works done and it included pictures they sent us down there and it was set up as a photo studio. I don't think thats what it was originally used for. Maybe somebody else knows what it was originally used for or maybe it was always intended to be used as a multi purpose building.

I'm not sure if its the same building but I think it is.

I have no recollection of any of that...my loss of memory is becoming concerning to INC. :rofl3:

What were we talking about?

They had a small theater in the back which showed old Disney Cartoons, as well as having the BBB photo area. They also had in the back of the theater an area with cutouts you could pose with to take a picture. I have some pics of the area around here somewhere. I will try and load them up to post.

Would love to see those!

That building has had many incarnations, Originally, the Walt Disney Story, then Epcot Preview Center, maybe Studios Preview Center, 25th Anniversary Celebration, Then Camera Shop, with Green Screen Studio and neat history area showing old maquettes and old Disney Cartoons

I should have known you'd have the complete story.

I would love to see One Man's Dream be relocated to the MK and put into this space. I think that would be very appropriate.

All the girls look very happy together.

I still say that CM is an arse. Why send people back there if you dont want things to be seen or photographed?

Didnt they used to play Steamboat Willie in that building? I feel like I saw it in thT building when I was a youngling.

I still say that CM is an arse. Why send people back there if you dont want things to be seen or photographed?

Didnt they used to play Steamboat Willie in that building? I feel like I saw it in thT building when I was a youngling.

Yes they did :)

I think we should flood the Russian Consulate with pictures like this. Show them Anna's joy at being with her forever family.

God bless your beautiful family!

Thanks Marty! We SHOULD send some pics to the Russians...actually, every year when we do a home visit for them I have to provide 5 photos to show how Anna is doing, and I always pick photos where she is surrounded by family and friends. Which is quite often. My little way of saying "see, you jackwagons!".

Loving this report!

Back to the ham, you don't add any liquid? I'm guessing it's the spiral sliced kind?

No, I just bought a cheap semi boneless ham....I think it was a butt portion, but you can use a shank or a picnic. Doesn't really matter as it will just fall apart. You don't need to add liquid, as you are adding 2 cups of brown sugar which will liquify along with the ham juices.

Darn multi quote isn't working...so I have to answer one at a time.

I see Carol answered your movie question already. Good thing, as I had NO idea.

And yes, the CM was a feckin' arse!

I enjoyed all your pictures! You really took some great ones & looked like you all had a great time!

Thanks! Glad you are reading.

I loved the TR.......and those beautiful girls of yours just made the pictures even more special. Thanks for sharing with us all.

Kiss Anna for us please. Love you guys. :hugsmiley:

Will do Judy....thanks for readin'!

Made the crock pot lasagna today and it was great!!!!

Next will be the ham. Never thought to do it that way. THANKS!!

Loving the pictures. Love the TR.

Ready for more!

Glad you liked the lasagna...and I think you'll like the ham too.

I hope to get back to updating this today. Was busy yesterday with church and Anna's party, but I'm hoping for some downtime this afternoon.

Thanks for the link, Carol.

And thanks for posting the photos of all the props from the queue, Dave.

We have not met Mickey in his new location, and I didn't know about all the props on display in the queue.

I didn't realize there was so much unused space in this building.

It's too bad all the cool stuff that used to be on display here is gone. I would really like to see it.

I wonder if that mural is still there?

TCD

I have some advice for Disney. If you don't want the public taking pictures back there, DON'T LET THEM WALK BACK THERE!! Wow, that would be simple. I do not believe that Walt would approve of letting guests get so much as a peek of a backstage area, much less use it to funnel guests out of the park! Sure, I appreciated the speedy bypass of Main Street during a very busy parade time. But there certainly was something un-magical about it, and I frankly regretted that we had gone that way.

In any case, in very short order, we found ourselves coming out next to Tony's Town Square restaurant, and were prepared to exit the park and head to the boat. Only, that's not what we did.

We found that path on our last trip there. DW had read about it somewhere.

I didn't mind the "unmagical" aspect of it, because as a disliker of people, I would much rather take that route rather than fight all of the crazies down mainstreet after Wishes.

Of course, I didn't try to take any pictures, because I am a rule follower...

Okay, it's actually just because when given a path to be the crowds, I'm going to frickin' beat the crowds, so there was no wasting time taking pics for me!

Thanks for the link, Carol.

And thanks for posting the photos of all the props from the queue, Dave.

We have not met Mickey in his new location, and I didn't know about all the props on display in the queue.

I didn't realize there was so much unused space in this building.

It's too bad all the cool stuff that used to be on display here is gone. I would really like to see it.

I wonder if that mural is still there?

TCD

I don't remember any murals...but we saw only a small portion of the building I'm sure.