DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

Further Proof That I Am Getting Old....continued

I'm going to get another update posted to keep this report moving along.

After we Yakked and Yetied it up, we headed over to Africa to hit the safari ride.

Does she look excited to see some animals?

DSCN1500.JPG

Anna's favorite animals...BY FAR....are elephants. So we were really hoping to see some on the safari today.

Those aren't elephants...but they ARE some nice butt shots.

DSCN1501.JPG

Still on the lookout for elephants though....

DSCN1503.JPG

DSCN1504.JPG

This was a sad sight and proof that Disney has gone down the tubes....a dead, bloated hippo being picked apart by vultures.

DSCN1505.JPG

I had to turn the kids' eyes away. Just tragic.

OMG! I think they are BOTH dead!!

DSCN1506.JPG

The gators were on their way to help the vultures clean up the mess.

DSCN1507.JPG

Go Gators!!

Still no elephants, but I like this horse with weird horns.

DSCN1508.JPG

I bet one of those horns would work nicely as a wine opener. Wouldn't have to bug Feisty anymore to get my bottle open.

Who doesn't like a nice giraffe?

DSCN1509.JPG

I found it interesting to hear that giraffes have the same number of neck vertebrae as humans. They are just a lot larger than ours. That sounds fishy to me...but whatever.

DSCN1510.JPG

DSCN1511.JPG

"What the hell are you looking at??"

DSCN1512.JPG

Bull!

DSCN1513.JPG

Look Anna!!

DSCN1514.JPG

She was very excited to see her elephants!

DSCN1502.JPG

DSCN1516.JPG

That's all the elephant pictures I took....and I'm not lion!

DSCN1518.JPG

DSCN1519.JPG

That's probably enough animal pics.

After the safari, there was somewhere I wanted to get to next. We had to hike back up to the front of the park, to Camp Minnie Mickey.

Yep, I wanted to see The Festival of The Lion King.

Can you believe we had never seen it?

DSCN1521.JPG

DSCN1522.JPG

DSCN1525.JPG

DSCN1530.JPG

DSCN1533.JPG

DSCN1534.JPG

How do you like that?

Don't you feel like you were part of the action?

I tell you....I LOVED that show.

INC and I talked, and I experienced a turning point for me on this trip.

The first several park days, I had run from ride to ride with the older girls while INC, Anna and usually Izzy hung back and did quieter things. The rest of us rode Space Mountain, ToT, RnRC, BTMRR, EE....you get the idea.

But sitting peacefully, watching the Lion King show, but more importantly, watching Anna's reaction to the show, changed me.

I got more enjoyment out of experiencing the show, with the top notch Disney music, choreagraphy and sets, than riding the thrill rides. Experiencing it through Anna's eyes made it that much better.

I decided I was going to slow down and see things at WDW that I had never seen before. I've never done many of the shows and non-ride attractions before. I was tired from running from pillar to post. I was going to leave that to the younger ones for a bit, and take my time letting it all soak in.

I had a thought though at that moment. Had I just become one of THOSE people? An old person? Someone like my grandmother, who used to visit parks with us when I was a kid but just wandered around seeing shows and snacking. Am I becoming one of those people? I started to worry a bit. But then I looked over at Anna dancing and swaying to the music, and I thought "nah". I'm not old. I'm just going to enjoy something different for a bit.

Coming up....some quiet time at the Fort, and a visit to Florida's Friendliest Hometown.

Great update, Dave!

I loved the safari commentary.

I think you should become a driver for the safari.

You are a lot better than what they have there now.

It's funny that you mention stopping to see shows now. This is something that the girls and I started doing recently. Parades too. I used to never watch the parades. We needed to ride the rides! But, the parades and shows are pretty good.

I have a comment for Aaron:

I have never been to the boneyard.....i feel like if we go....we will never leave!

That is exactly how you will feel.

Plus, if you have more than one kid you're trying to watch, you will also feel like one of them is going to end up missing.

And, for the love of Fuego, do not let them into the giant sandbox with the buried dinosaur bones. My kids loved that. I would rather watch paint dry.

I never understood why they didn't put a bar in there. They would make a fortune from the trapped parents.

TCD

We love the Lion King show.

Props for giving it a chance.

Realizing you can have just as much fun by slowing down and even stopping to smell the roses once in awhile doesnt make you old; it makes you wise. Because you can consume more alcohol in between shows than you can between thrill rides....

Realizing you can have just as much fun by slowing down and even stopping to smell the roses once in awhile doesnt make you old; it makes you wise. Because you can consume more alcohol in between shows than you can between thrill rides....

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Great update, Dave!

It's funny that you mention stopping to see shows now. This is something that the girls and I started doing recently. Parades too. I used to never watch the parades. We needed to ride the rides! But, the parades and shows are pretty good.

Plus, if you have more than one kid you're trying to watch, you will also feel like one of them is going to end up missing.

And, for the love of Fuego, do not let them into the giant sandbox with the buried dinosaur bones. My kids loved that. I would rather watch paint dry.

I never understood why they didn't put a bar in there. They would make a fortune from the trapped parents.

TCD

I think i will just continue to pretend like it doesnt exist and hopefully that will work out for me. You all have confirmed my fear.....a fear that I do not want to try to overcome.

Great update, Dave!

TCD

I agree with you on the shows....but I'm not there yet on the parades. We watched a couple of parades this last trip. I hate fighting crowds.

Now, I'm 100% in agreement on having a bar at the Boneyard. They'd make a killing.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Where were you two with this advice before I puked on Test Track?

Ok, I really didn't puke. But my head was sure spinning!

I think i will just continue to pretend like it doesnt exist and hopefully that will work out for me. You all have confirmed my fear.....a fear that I do not want to try to overcome.

Smart man.

Another great update, Dave!

Hats off to Stella -- she rode ToT and EE! I won't go on either one! That's one brave girl you have there.

She IS brave. Braver than me, it seems.

We lived that same day a week or so later!

Love AK and Lion King show.

So happy that it recharged you!

Yep! And wait until my next MK update. I really lived!

That is so funny. I can just imagine Anna yelling Stella... I can relate to Stella's RRC picture. If I can get mine scanned and loaded I will show you mine. Its ridiculous. I also think that ride ended up getting me pregnant the next month. We were told we were not able to have children 6 yrs earlier. Well ride that ride and one month later I was prego... I blame(love)that ride. I don't ride rollercoasters, but I rode that one because Hubby didn't want to go on TOT. What a compromise.

Ok, I found my RRC picture. Please, Please laugh along with my husband who still loves this picture.

RRCphoto_zps514541cc.jpg

And a closer view.

RRCphoto_2_zps8db358ac.jpg

Love the STELLA story! How cute!

If stopping to watch your young one enjoy Disney and realizing that that is better than any ride makes you old, then I'm old too. We had a very similar FOTLK experience. I've actually always liked the show, but watching Zachary's excitement was priceless. He has lots of those moments at Disney, and that's a big part of why I love it.

I give a big thumbs up to the idea of a bar in the Boneyard. Why hasn't Disney done that???? It might make more money than DVC!

Great update, Dave!

TCD

1. That's what I was going to say. Now I don't need to.

2. Amen. Amen. Amen.

Still enjoying the TR. thanks

My best memories from WDW are watching my DD the first time she met her favorite princess, Belle.

Or the first time she was watching "Wishes" eating a Mickey ice cream bar. Maybe because my DW loves shows, parades, etc. I was lucky to going

Love the STELLA story! How cute!

If stopping to watch your young one enjoy Disney and realizing that that is better than any ride makes you old, then I'm old too. We had a very similar FOTLK experience. I've actually always liked the show, but watching Zachary's excitement was priceless. He has lots of those moments at Disney, and that's a big part of why I love it.

I give a big thumbs up to the idea of a bar in the Boneyard. Why hasn't Disney done that? ??? It might make more money than DVC!

So...FOTLK is good. But AK won't be considered a full day park until they put a bar in the Boneyard. I think I got it.

I love some of the shows and don't mind the occasional parade but I confess I am a ride girl. I think it's all the years I didn't ride due to the fear factor... strangely during the years my kids were babies.

So the conclusion I can draw is....Nicki is not old yet.

1. That's what I was going to say. Now I don't need to.

2. Amen. Amen. Amen.

You know, sometimes when you quote someone who themselves is responding to a person THEY quoted, you lose the original quote and the result is....I have NO idea what you are talking about.

Still enjoying the TR. thanks

My best memories from WDW are watching my DD the first time she met her favorite princess, Belle.

Or the first time she was watching "Wishes" eating a Mickey ice cream bar. Maybe because my DW loves shows, parades, etc. I was lucky to going

I was lucky to be going slow and see WDW they the eyes of my dear DD and now that's she's getting older and bolder I'm, again, enjoying the rides. Now she wants to ride SM. even though ToT scared the heck out of her. I don't think your getting older just wiser.

Don't be afraid of the boneyard. Come into the light! Don't be afraid of the light.

You know, Ray, you were doing so well getting 3 posts in a row there. But FWG posted 5 in a row a few days ago, so he still has you beat.

And yes...I agree with you. Aaron needs to get over his Boneyard fear and just take the kids in there. Do it, Aaron!