DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

We may disagree on waffle sandwiches, but we are kindred spirits on Country Bear Jamboree.

I think it's ridiculous.

The last time we rode it was before they "refurbished" it. That time the sound was all screwed up. You couldn't understand what anyone was saying, and the music didn't line up with the "acting."

Of course, I'm sure it's way better now...

Yes, WAY better. :rofl3:

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

I had difficulty sleeping the night of 12/29. I kept thinking about what Melvin had told me...in particular the note the albino monk had delivered from Pioneer Hall Melvin.

Behind the butt

in the tiled room

two moose brothers

one moose tune

For the life of me, I could not figure out what in heck he was talking about. I lay awake considering the possibilities, and eventually the sun began to rise, and Anna woke up. So I would have to take up further consideration of this later.

We had plans for 12/30 to head back to Hollywood Studios, but we wanted to see the Osborne Lights, so we planned on heading over in the afternoon. That left us a morning with no plans....which meant some Fort time!

Anna got her princess on this day.

DSCN1640.JPG

And she really hammed it up!

DSCN1641.JPG

DSCN1643.JPG

We had a nice morning of Fort relaxation....a bit of looping, a walk, some dog park time. It was nice. And we built up an appetite, so I fired up the grill and got some burgers and dogs going.

DSCN1645.JPG

While I was standing around the grill enjoying the sights and smells, I noticed something disturbing at the back of my site.

I found evidence of a past crime.

Not just any crime, but a crime of tackiness. A crime of tackiness that only a Fiend could have been responsible for.

Where is cupcake when we need him??

DSCN1644.JPG

That rope had been there for a long time. The tree had clearly grown quite a bit since the tacky fool had tied the rope around it. Not only was the tree growing around the rope, but the rope was tied out of reach of anyone without a ladder...probably 10 feet up. So I assume that the tree had grown quite a bit in height since it was tied as well.

How tacky.

Moving along....we made our way over to DHS and proceeded to split up again. 3 of the girls went off in search of fun.

DSCN1646.JPG

While the rest of us went to ride the Grating Movie Ride again.

DSCN1649.JPG

Mary Poppins is one of my favorite movies. Despite that whole MPR thing.

DSCN1650.JPG

DSCN1651.JPG

STELLA!!!!

After the ride, we wandered a bit. And we pulled the rope.

DSCN1652.JPG

We met back up with the others and got a table outside Starring Rolls for a snack.

Here are some of our choices.

Peanut butter cup.

DSCN1654.JPG

My FAVORITE!!! The Carrot Cake Cookie!

DSCN1655.JPG

We had told the girls to meet us here as it was near the theater where Beauty and the Beast is performed...another show that we had never seen! And besides Osborne Lights, this was the main reason I wanted to visit DHS this day.

After we enjoyed our snacks, we made our way to the theater and got seated for the show.

DSCN1656.JPG

DSCN1657.JPG

DSCN1658.JPG

DSCN1659.JPG

My verdict??

I LOVED this show!!

And not just because Anna loved it. Which she did. But I loved it on my own, too. It was a well done performance, and I wish I had seen it years before. The show opened in 1991. Which means it took me 21 years to see it. Talk about a fail. And apparently the show is closing at some point soon to be replaced with a Tangled show. I don't know whether that is rumor or confirmed....Mo?

Oh well, at least I saw it once .

After this, we wandered back to check out the lines for TSM. This is what the sign outside said.

DSCN1660.JPG

But this was the scene inside.

DSCN1661.JPG

What The Fort?!?

I don't understand that. In any case, we rode without too bad a wait.

This was my score.

DSCN1662.JPG

DSCN1663.JPG

Not too bad for me!

At this point, it was getting close to dusk. Which meant the Osborne Lights would be turning on soon. And we wanted to be there for that, so we headed toward the Streets of America. Since I don't have enough room for those pics without hitting the limit, I'll pick up from there in the next post.

Coming up....Osborne Lights, and She Must Be Getting Verklempt

I LOVED this show!!

And apparently the show is closing at some point soon to be replaced with a Tangled show. I don't know whether that is rumor or confirmed....Mo?

The Beauty and the Beast show was closed in early Jan for a quick refurb, but was reopened and the internal calendar shows performances for the foreseeable future.

Can't say I've heard about it being replaced by a Tangled show.

The Beauty and the Beast show was closed in early Jan for a quick refurb, but was reopened and the internal calendar shows performances for the foreseeable future.

Nothing in the wind that I've heard either.

Princess Anna is adorable!

That poor tree! What horrible and tacky person would ever dream of doing such a thing?? They should be reported to the cupcake po-po.

:cupcake_smiley_girl:

Must be just rumors then...there were all over the internet last fall, but none on "reputable" sites I guess.

Nothing in the wind that I've heard either.

Princess Anna is adorable!

That poor tree! What horrible and tacky person would ever dream of doing such a thing?? They should be reported to the cupcake po-po.

:cupcake_smiley_girl:

"In the wind" is not safe terminology around me.

Thanks regarding Anna! She LOVED getting all dressed up. What little girl doesn't?

I did notify the authorities about that rope. (you guys are the authorities, right?)

Wow... you got pixie dust on that wait time. Anna looks adorable in her Princess Getup

Yeah, she really loved the dress...we got it at Costco (before I began my Costco rant and ban).

Well, I am loving this trip report!

Anna, or should we say Cinderanna, is just adorable! :heart:

And I think you've just discovered a new Fort phenomena.... the rope tree. Now, what site is that behind again?

Rope tree! :rofl3: It is behind site 524.

I would just like to point out, that, while I may have been called tacky on my last trip, I was not the tacky rope person.

Must have been TCD and his hammock...

IMHO

Yes, that must be it. Of course, TCD would need a ladder to get into his hammock. I blame the Wild Womenz. Or at least one of them.

Love Anna in her Princess dress!

Thanks Carol!

Definitely LOVE Princess Anna! Beauty and the Beast is awesome. I love Disney music!

Yes! It is great music. We loved the show.

Finally caught up....whew, I'm tired.

Awesome trip, and it's cool the girls are old enough to be dependent and go there way to do things. Awesome!

So how is that Weber? :rofl2:

Love that Weber! Right back atcha! :rofl3:

You're not sure if the glass maker blows? :rofl2:

Anna is a beautiful princess.

Good stuff Dave. Carry on please.

Glad I'm not the only one who caught that!

I figured it had to be bait. No one can type that with a straight face!

Dang, I got left in the dust on this TR over the weekend.

I know I won't remember everything I wanted to comment on, but here goes:

- Love the photos and narrative about INC meeting Gaston. I enjoy hearing Gaston talk to the ladies. He reminds me of me.

- I am also a fan of the CHH clam chowder.

- Anna in her Cinderella dress melts my heart.

- While I enjoy tying rope around trees as much as the next guy (OK, probably a lot more), I would never ever leave the rope like whoever the idiot was who did behind your site. I am also pro-tree, and that is not cool.

-Did you get a Carrot Cake Cookie at Starring Rolls? If so, that is news to me. I thought you could only get them at the Writer's Stop.

-That Toy Story wait time is ridiculous. I saw this time and time again over the Christmas break. So much that it had to be intentional on management's part. The only thing I can figure is that they intentionally posted inflated wait times so that the attractions would not get overcrowded. I think it stinks.

-Last, but not least, I hope that everyone continues to read on to hear how the Melvin mystery plays out. By the way, I came across a very odd photo recently that may create yet a new twist on the twin Melvins.

TCD

Re. the height of the rope. Trees don't grow from the bottom up, they grow at the top, so the rope is at the level today it was when it was originally tied.

Dang, I got left in the dust on this TR over the weekend.

I know I won't remember everything I wanted to comment on, but here goes:

- Love the photos and narrative about INC meeting Gaston. I enjoy hearing Gaston talk to the ladies. He reminds me of me.

- I am also a fan of the CHH clam chowder.

- Anna in her Cinderella dress melts my heart.

- While I enjoy tying rope around trees as much as the next guy (OK, probably a lot more), I would never ever leave the rope like whoever the idiot was who did behind your site. I am also pro-tree, and that is not cool.

-Did you get a Carrot Cake Cookie at Starring Rolls? If so, that is news to me. I thought you could only get them at the Writer's Stop.

-That Toy Story wait time is ridiculous. I saw this time and time again over the Christmas break. So much that it had to be intentional on management's part. The only thing I can figure is that they intentionally posted inflated wait times so that the attractions would not get overcrowded. I think it stinks.

-Last, but not least, I hope that everyone continues to read on to hear how the Melvin mystery plays out. By the way, I came across a very odd photo recently that may create yet a new twist on the twin Melvins.

TCD

We always get our carrot cake cookies at the sweet shop on Sunset Blvd next door to Starring Rolls....what is that place called?

Agreed on the TSM wait times...they were bull.

I look forward to your odd photo...and I wonder if it plays into the overall Melvin mystery.

Re. the height of the rope. Trees don't grow from the bottom up, they grow at the top, so the rope is at the level today it was when it was originally tied.

I think our mystery regarding the rope has just been solved...you seem all too familiar with the growing patterns of trees. I think we have found our roper, FWG. Or should I call you Mr. Tacky?

We always get our carrot cake cookies at the sweet shop on Sunset Blvd next door to Starring Rolls....what is that place called?

Agreed on the TSM wait times...they were bull.

I look forward to your odd photo...and I wonder if it plays into the overall Melvin mystery.

I don't know about this sweet shop. I thought some kind of villians store is next to Starring Rolls. But I will look for a carrot cake cookie the next chance I get.

Here's the photo:

vcb890175LARGE.jpg

This was posted on the Disney Parks Blog.

That's Melvin, isn't it?

With a body?

But not a moose body.

What is this?

Was Disney experimenting with attaching severed heads to bodies?

You know, for Walt?

Or, has Melvin just been sticking his head through a hole in the wall all this time?

If so, he may have been lying about the twin?

I'll tell you one thing- I wish I had never met Melvin. He's kind of creepy.

TCD

DSCN1644.JPG

SSSShhhhhhhhh! Don't let this get out, or we will be with one less campsite.... Don't forget what happened a while back when someone left a lawnmower parked beside one of those pine trees.... It became an overnight success. Folks traveled from all over just to see the lawnmower tree. Heck, they may even close off the entire loop just to handle the traffic...

SSSShhhhhhhhh! Don't let this get out, or we will be with one less campsite.... Don't forget what happened a while back when someone left a lawnmower parked beside one of those pine trees.... It became an overnight success. Folks traveled from all over just to see the lawnmower tree. Heck, they may even close off the entire loop just to handle the traffic...

That would be a darn good site to lose, too. I'll keep it quiet.

I feel sheepish.

You should.

Anna steals the show again!

The PB cup was a distant but very enticing second.

Hugh Hefner SMB but Melvin as Hugh Hefner.......Fuego!

Coming soon to a theater near you.....El Fuego! The Melvin Hefner Story.